• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Yea if you have a movement speed affix on your item then you can roll it as a Primary affix into something other.

I re-roll the MS on my Nemesis Bracer into a crit chance. Now it's like better than any Rare Bracer.

Of course I don't always recommend it as MS on an off piece is good and will allow you to save up an affix on your boots or on your Paragon points.

Svafnir

Was there a particular difficulty most were farmed at? I'm trying to validate that "1 in 10 for normal" baseline legendary rate.

Torment 1 mostly.

http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/2028/

I added a pic of the clan spam, it was rather hilarious.

It's not the biggest sample size, but it is a good example of the rewards you get from Horadric Caches. About a 15% chance at a legendary item per cache. It's not great for gold or Blood Shards, but the amount of rare and legendary items is pretty damn good.

I swapped out my Thunderfury for a set ceremonial knife with 34% crit damage on it and a socket. Put my 125% emerald in it, gained about 100k dps. I'm at 1.04 million dps. However, I lost about 15% toughness since the Thunderfury had about 650 Vit on it. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Is 100k dps going to make that much of a difference as about 1.5 mil toughness would?

IceMarker

UPS dropped a Legendary for me this afternoon.

WeWyQ02.jpg

Between them and Amozdan, they were tough bosses.

Worth noting that if you have two options to roll off, keeping MSPD at least saves somewhere around 50-60 points in your main stat for Paragon purposes. If that's something worth considering, anyway.

It just isnt worth it, 50 paragon points to primary stat is 250 points. You can reroll MS to get 400+ of that stat or vitality.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Torment 1 mostly.

http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/2028/

I added a pic of the clan spam, it was rather hilarious.

It's not the biggest sample size, but it is a good example of the rewards you get from Horadric Caches. About a 15% chance at a legendary item per cache. It's not great for gold or Blood Shards, but the amount of rare and legendary items is pretty damn good.

Good to know, thanks. More data's always better, but it's a good start. Knowing that the drop rates were set by humans, I would expect to see it settle around clean numbers like 10% for normal, 15% for T1 and maybe 25% for T6 (just guessing).

TheYanger

Why do people think movespeed is wasted just because of paragons? If I get movement speed on something, I take the paragon points out until I have 25% total, it GIVES you free paragon points to put into primary stats. Not saying I want it on a weapon, but like, movespeed on boots or chest or something? That's free str/dex/int.

Raticus79

Why do people think movespeed is wasted just because of paragons? If I get movement speed on something, I take the paragon points out until I have 25% total, it GIVES you free paragon points to put into primary stats. Not saying I want it on a weapon, but like, movespeed on boots or chest or something? That's free str/dex/int.

It just isnt worth it, 50 paragon points to primary stat is 250 points. You can reroll MS to get 400+ of that stat or vitality.

^

scy

And the situation I was saying is a case where you can't roll it into that or you have a different worthless stat to roll off. You should never keep MSPD instead of something relevant but if you're choosing between two irrelevant stats, keeping MSPD at least saves 50-60 in your main stat in Paragon points.

Realistically, if the item has two irrelevant stats and one of them is MSPD, you should probably just trash the item.

scy

There are LOTS of items with movement speed that aren't weapons or whatever else, and yeah, if it already has a primary stat you can't do that. Like I said, no I don't want it on a weapon, but boots/chests? absolutely

The best case I can think of here is my build doesn't use a "normal" Wrath dump so the skill roll on Boots is wasted. This leaves me with STR, VIT, AR, and then nothing really. MSPD means 50 more STR / VIT instead of some LPS or ... something.

Realistically, it doesn't matter. I just take whatever rolls here.

Baliis

There are LOTS of items with movement speed that aren't weapons or whatever else, and yeah, if it already has a primary stat you can't do that. Like I said, no I don't want it on a weapon, but boots/chests? absolutely

It's still not worth it. 12 move speed? roll it to 90+ AR, or crit, or a socket,anything really. Point for point, move speed is cheapest to get from paragon since you can get 2 items worth from your 50 points where other stats are usually way more than an items worth.

So I opened 100 Horadric Caches in a row today, it was awesome.

You can find a video of me opening them and pictures of the items at this link.

But here is what I found.

• 14 Legendary Items
  • 177 Rare Items
  • 10 Magic Items
  • 316 Reusable Parts
  • 261 Arcane Dust
  • 28 Veiled Crystal

209 Marquise Gems Total

• 45 Marquise Amethyst
  • 43 Marquse Emerald
  • 29 Marquise Topaz
  • 60 Marquise Diamond
  • 32 Marquise Ruby

The Rest

• 180 Nephalem Rift Keys
  • 33 Blood Shards
  • 131 Health Potions
  • 691,332 gold

Really cool, but I would not advise people to do this. You are playing a very risky game here. The first time someone does this and their client crashes or they get disconnected...well lets just say I could imagine them rage quitting for good.

TheYanger

It's still not worth it. 12 move speed? roll it to 90+ AR, or crit, or a socket,anything really. Point for point, move speed is cheapest to get from paragon since you can get 2 items worth from your 50 points where other stats are usually way more than an items worth.

Those items don't roll with those stats, definitely not four of them. IE my ideal boots?
Socket, move speed, primary stat, + damage to a skill I use.
If I had like a tyreals or other random with movespeed built in? Sockets, stat, skill bonus. Shit goes on.

Move speed is a legit way to increaes your primary stats beyond what you'd get otherwise, on any item.

I swapped out my Thunderfury for a set ceremonial knife with 34% crit damage on it and a socket. Put my 125% emerald in it, gained about 100k dps. I'm at 1.04 million dps. However, I lost about 15% toughness since the Thunderfury had about 650 Vit on it. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Is 100k dps going to make that much of a difference as about 1.5 mil toughness would?

Toughness rating based on vit alone isnt worth much IMO. Your damage mitigation doesn't change by loosing vitality and that's the most important part.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I ignored the first OT-title change because I thought "eh what the heck", but what's up with this new one? Seriously, if the mods feel like they're forced to change the title, they should change it back to its original title (HAH, HAH, HAH! The sound of hammers is GLORIOUS!)

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've had pretty shit weapon luck so far, but got this last night:

kAVEqCg.png

Should I be looking to roll a higher strength?

I was in the same situation yesterday, I decided to keep the bleed and grab another 200 strength.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I ignored the first OT-title change because I thought "eh what the heck", but what's up with this new one? Seriously, if the mods feel like they're forced to change the title, they should change it back to its original title (HAH, HAH, HAH! The sound of hammers is GLORIOUS!)

Thanks.

This new title is really weaksauce.

UPS dropped a Legendary for me this afternoon.

Congrats on finally getting your game!

Raticus79

Here's a big thread on the WD fetish sycophants:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749472

Their spawn rate doesn't depend on proc chances or the number of targets hit, it's just a fixed 5% chance per attack/tick. Bats are 2x attack speed, rain of toads is 1.5x attack speed, and everything else that can spawn them is 1x. This translates directly to the achievable fetish count. There's no cap, it's just naturally limited by your attack speed. OP got 25 by standing in town channeling vampire bats.

If you use the fetish army active ability, do it up front so they don't wipe out the spawned ones mid-fight. (It removes them all when cast)

Pyrogeist only has a chance on cast and the hits afterward don't matter, since it isn't a channeled ability. Makes sense. Guess I'll use that slot for something else.

I think I'll stick with rain of toads since it's the best for triggering procs (Andariel's, etc). My big challenge with it so far has been keeping them alive.

It's been fun checking out the new mechanic. The build scales with attack speed squared since it affects the number of fetishes and also increases their damage.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Whats the attraction to Thunderfury again. I must be missing something

Besides the proc the item was one of the very first legendary weapons in WoW, so part of the desire is that it holds a lot of nostalgia for some people (like me lol)

You should definitely put an emerald in it, would give you way more damage!

^ This. If you're not a witch doctor running a pet build, you shouldn't be using rubies in your weapon at the level cap.

Here's a big thread on the WD fetish sycophants:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749472

Their spawn rate doesn't depend on proc chances or the number of targets hit, it's just a fixed 5% chance per attack/tick. Bats are 2x attack speed, rain of toads is 1.5x attack speed, and everything else that can spawn them is 1x. This translates directly to the achievable fetish count. There's no cap, it's just naturally limited by your attack speed. OP got 25 by standing in town channeling vampire bats.

If you use the fetish army active ability, do it up front so they don't wipe out the spawned ones mid-fight. (It removes them all when cast)

Pyrogeist only has a chance on cast and the hits afterward don't matter, since it isn't a channeled ability. Makes sense. Guess I'll use that slot for something else.

I think I'll stick with rain of toads since it's the best for triggering procs (Andariel's, etc). My big challenge with it so far has been keeping them alive.

It's been fun checking out the new mechanic. The build scales with attack speed squared since it affects the number of fetishes and also increases their damage.

Well. That explain a whole lot for me. Answered a few question I had about my build.

mileS

Just hit 799k dmg on my crusader thanks to re-rolling this:

UpONfkR.png

I heard quite a few people talk about how bad the damage/usefulness of the skeletons are=. Got one today and they are hitting for 700k each.. Mind you I was on my level 70 helping a friend level at 62, but I don't think that makes much of a difference at all.

I heard quite a few people talk about how bad the damage/usefulness of the skeletons are=. Got one today and they are hitting for 700k each.. Mind you I was on my level 70 helping a friend level at 62, but I don't think that makes much of a difference at all.

6 Skeletons hitting for 700K each is considerable damage. Unless that's their crit value.

The problem is they don't spawn until after you get a massacre bonus. So like 95% of the time they spawn and run around for 10 seconds and then die after doing nothing. The enemies have already died when they spawn most times.

IceMarker

Congrats on finally getting your game!

Thanks! Upgraded to CE now, but the CS rep didn't generate a new key from Ashodin's digital purchase of standard, which was upgraded from. I shot them a question about it in the same ticket.

EDIT: Key recieved, BlizzardCS too good.

Man I'm starting to love fire damage and (sorta) melee Wizard builds now. I was lucky enough got a few fire dmg items and holy shit is Wave of Force an awesome alternative to Frozen orb (86% fire dmg helps :D)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Razgriz-1810/hero/2865388

Tack on 42% crit chance with 300% crit damage, and I'm starting to melt stuff in T1, now I just need to figure out how to get more resource reduction and I think I may finally be able to move on to T2

ZenaxPure

Those items don't roll with those stats, definitely not four of them. IE my ideal boots?
Socket, move speed, primary stat, + damage to a skill I use.
If I had like a tyreals or other random with movespeed built in? Sockets, stat, skill bonus. Shit goes on.

Meh, I can't say I agree. My current boots are Str/Vit/AR/HotA dmg. I'd rather have those 4 stats than move speed I can easily get in paragon for next to nothing.

First attempt at a T6 Core run, I managed to open 3 chests, got the Firebird's Plume off of the first chest. I just wanted to try it to see but the set drop egged me on to do more runs. Managed to get a Legendary Amulet that is shite on damage but decent on tanking and healing, which the set hat lacked, so it was a decent find. Was about to stop doing runs when I found another set piece, pants, which turned out to be for Blackthorne. I got bored so I stopped but in under an hour I got 2 Set pieces and 1 Legendary.

I've been playing Adventure Mode for a bit, completed 100 bounties so far and it hasn't really been all that rewarding. Core runs are boring but I could see myself doing them every now and then when it feels like the RNG in Adventure mod is jipping me.

Also got a rare source off of the Gambler this morning. Myken's Ball of Hate.

Dahbomb

Meanwhile, ~3 hours on-and-off with 0 drops.
You have to be careful in groups.

You can have a Legendary drop while you are in town. Has that happened to me 3 times already, I ported in and there was a Legendary like 3-4 rooms away from where I ported. I would've missed it if it weren't for the star icon on the minimap.

In any case I feel that the 1 hour Legendary average holds true for me. Maybe one and a half hour but never over 2 hours without one. Not sure how Legendary plans factor into this.

You have to be careful in groups.

You can have a Legendary drop while you are in town. Has that happened to me 3 times already, I ported in and there was a Legendary like 3-4 rooms away from where I ported. I would've missed it if it weren't for the star icon on the minimap.

In any case I feel that the 1 hour Legendary average holds true for me. Maybe one and a half hour but never over 2 hours without one. Not sure how Legendary plans factor into this.

This happens often enough that's it's another reason I don't like splitting up for normal run bounties. I'm picturing all my awesome drops left there by fallen bosses I never fought.

First attempt at a T6 Core run, I managed to open 3 chests, got the Firebird's Plume off of the first chest. I just wanted to try it to see but the set drop egged me on to do more runs. Managed to get a Legendary Amulet that is shite on damage but decent on tanking and healing, which the set hat lacked, so it was a decent find. Was about to stop doing runs when I found another set piece, pants, which turned out to be for Blackthorne. I got bored so I stopped but in under an hour I got 2 Set pieces and 1 Legendary.

I've been playing Adventure Mode for a bit, completed 100 bounties so far and it hasn't really been all that rewarding. Core runs are boring but I could see myself doing them every now and then when it feels like the RNG in Adventure mod is jipping me.

Also got a rare source off of the Gambler this morning. Myken's Ball of Hate.

How are those core runs in T6? Killing enemies? objects? I tried looking for a youtube video but didnt found anything, care to explain please?

This happens often enough that's it's another reason I don't like splitting up for normal run bounties. I'm picturing all my awesome drops left there by fallen bosses I never fought.

The drops only happens from chests, not enemies, so if you are split farming, the only chance to get one, is if anyone opens a chest not from enemies killed.

I go to bounties checkpoints I didnt do, and look at the map in case there is a star :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom