• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thanks! Upgraded to CE now, but the CS rep didn't generate a new key from Ashodin's digital purchase of standard, which was upgraded from. I shot them a question about it in the same ticket.

EDIT: Key recieved, BlizzardCS too good.

Yes they sure are.

Did Amazon ever do anything about it getting to you so late?

Granadier

They gave me $10 Amazon credit.

arvind.gif

Ikon

Wow, I learned tonight never to powerlevel someone on T6 in this game. I got a friend from 29 to 52 rather fast but the drops nearly killed me. I got a pair of low level Mage Fists and a Tall Man's Finger - both items I'd love to have at lvl 70. We also got a whole bunch of crap legendaries I don't care about but those two would have been so sweet!

I'm having a huge problem improving the dps of my WD. I've been stuck at about 330k for the longest time now, I almost never see an upgrade for damage and when I do I have to sacrifice 8% toughness for 0.5% damage or something - is anyone else having problems like that?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
1mil to reroll this fucker now. Blizzard, just give me crit hit chance already. FUCK

j2lhUxt.png

I would totally be in the 800ks if I would have rolled crit hit chance on that helm. Now it costs way too much to keep trying.

Exp gem is nice, though.

abU2TaA.png

Cipherr

It's still not worth it. 12 move speed? roll it to 90+ AR, or crit, or a socket,anything really. Point for point, move speed is cheapest to get from paragon since you can get 2 items worth from your 50 points where other stats are usually way more than an items worth.

I have to agree with this. If you look at the first paragon tab, Movement speed is by far the best bang for your first 50 points. Its not even close. The piddly 150 mainstat is peanuts compared to re rolling movement speed on a pair of boots into a Main or even a Toughness stat. Never use movement speed on items unless you have to, or unless you are doing T1 or Master clears where you one shot everything and just want to clear everything quickly.

The problem is they don't spawn until after you get a massacre bonus. So like 95% of the time they spawn and run around for 10 seconds and then die after doing nothing. The enemies have already died when they spawn most times.

Wow, this is such a poorly thought out legendary effect. They should hotfix a change on that.

How are those core runs in T6? Killing enemies? objects? I tried looking for a youtube video but didnt found anything, care to explain please?

You're not there to fight, you're just there to run through the level, which is very short, look for chests to open, of which there are usually many, and leave before the fight with Azmodan. It's kind of boring to do and my wizard can't swing above T2 so I can die a few times if I'm not careful or unlucky with what I teleport into. You're just doing it for the increased drops from chests.

I did it for less than an hour and got two set pieces and one legendary. Afterwards I did two bounty runs in T1 and got fuck all except for some kruft to make mats out of. It's kinda tempting to do since there are tangible rewards.

arimanius

The build I use. Condemn handles pulling things / adds good damage without being a massive cooldown (~20M crits), Zeal is the best Holy damage generator in my opinion, Shield Glare with Zealous Glare works well with Condemn for giving you a full bar of Wrath on demand, and then Fires of Heaven is the best way to dump your Wrath. The Law effectively doubles your damage from the spender and Akarat's is just a nice way to refresh cooldowns, help burn down Elites, and give you an extra bar of health due to the revive.

Thanks for the build. I'll give it a try tonight. Pretty bored of the one I'm running now.

Cipherr

You're not there to fight, you're just there to run through the level, which is very short, look for chests to open, of which there are usually many, and leave before the fight with Azmodan. It's kind of boring to do and my wizard can't swing above T2 so I can die a few times if I'm not careful or unlucky with what I teleport into. You're just doing it for the increased drops from chests.

I did it for less than an hour and got two set pieces and one legendary. Afterwards I did two bounty runs in T1 and got fuck all except for some kruft to make mats out of. It's kinda tempting to do since there are tangible rewards.

Need those boots that let you walk through mobs. Would probably make those runs easier.

The Cowboy

Yay, got the game a day earlier than i expected.

Finished Act V and liked it a lot and just started with the adventure mode (love it), transforming is so neat - its great to be able to setup your look to how you like (love my snaked up WD :D).

Unlike the release game, i can see myself putting loads of time into this now.

ugh, low on gold. Makes it difficult to tell the difference between weapons with sockets. Also I want to reroll some dex onto a weapon, so I have to wait for that, too...

Wow, this is such a poorly thought out legendary effect. They should hotfix a change on that.

The effect actually used to be useful in the beta. Back then, it spawned 5-10 skeletons for 45 seconds. People were able to actually build armies by staggering massacres (see below), but now it's been nerfed into uselessness.

fFQdumm.jpg

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Well. That explain a whole lot for me. Answered a few question I had about my build.

I'm going to double check that point about rain of toads being better than vampire bats for proccing abilities and try to measure how big of a difference it is. One site says 25% for RoT vs 16% for vampire bats. Factoring in attack speed, it's 37.5% vs 32% (about 25% increase in procs per second). That difference would be probably be outweighed by the 33% faster fetish generation.

Just going to record 60 seconds vs Ghom and count the procs I get with Andariel's visage with each ability. I'll probably go with bats unless they lose horribly.

Cipherr

The effect actually used to be useful in the beta. Back then, it spawned 5-10 skeletons for 45 seconds. People were able to actually build armies by staggering massacres (see below), but now it's been nerfed into uselessness.

fFQdumm.jpg

LMAO, okay thats ridiculous in the screenshot, but still Blizzard has to stop trying to fix lightbulbs with sledgehammers. Total overkill to the point that its nigh useless now.

Ultratech

fFQdumm.jpg

Huh, if that's the case, they should've just put an ICD on it so you couldn't build up such an army.

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]
Drop rates for Mighty Belts and Quivers have been lowered to match other class-specific items.
This hotfix will require a patch, and is no longer upcoming for 2.0.3.*
Belial will now correctly drop loot when killed in Adventure Mode.
This hotfix will require a patch, and is no longer upcoming for 2.0.3.*

[LIVE HOTFIXES]

General
Rats spawned from Rat-Infested Corpses no longer grant experience or loot.*
Level 60 Infernal Machine Items can no longer be used if the associated Level 70 Infernal Machine portal has already been opened.*
Bounty bags now properly ignore Difficulty setting when opened. You can no longer get Imperial Gems or increased gold by opening them on a higher difficulty.*

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274

Been farming T2 rifts with my team. Getting crappy legendaries left and right for the past few days. I managed to upgrade my dps to 825k after buffs, thanks to getting rares and enchanting them. At least I'm get a sense of progression. I just can't get my mind off this game!

Just jumped back in a day or two ago after a year away. What is the biggest jump I need to make to play in torment?

Is it just more toughness?

Granadier

Just jumped back in a day or two ago after a year away. What is the biggest jump I need to make to play in torment?

Is it just more toughness?

My estimates.

You'll need stats roughly equivalent to:
  • 350 - 450k dps
  • 3.5m - 4.5m toughness
  • 2 - 3k healing

That is for lvl 70, t1.

scy

I'd be hesitant to purely raise your Toughness just via +Health. You're more interested in getting more mitigation than Health typically.

Also, I'd say those estimates for Damage/Toughness/Healing vary wildly depending on class, build, and other bonuses on gear.

Ruby in Helm doesn't do much. If you want more toughness then getting an Amethyst in the helm is the way to go.

Thanks. Will try it.

One thing that is driving me nuts is upgrading my gear. I was never A teir, but I did a good job at stacking massive amounts of crit + crit damage. Half my gear is still level 60 because it all synergizes so well.

Anyone craft hellfire lvl 70 yet? How are they?

I get a set or two of machines ready to go but I havent used them yet cause I couldnt find anything about the drop percentages of battles. Is T6 100% droprate? Which I wouldn't even be able to do yet.

Ashodin

I get a set or two of machines ready to go but I havent used them yet cause I couldnt find anything about the drop percentages of battles. Is T6 100% droprate? Which I wouldn't even be able to do yet.
Raticus says it sucks. Proc blows ass.

Not sure how the rings are but I know T6 isn't 100% anymore.

Megasoum

Banned
Are you supposed to be able to get legendaries from the bloodshard vendor? I haven't seen a single one so far... Actually every items I bought has been terrible.

Baliis

Are you supposed to be able to get legendaries from the bloodshard vendor? I haven't seen a single one so far... Actually every items I bought has been terrible.

Yea, but it's mega rare even after the buff. I'm at 6100 shards witho only 3 legs.

holy shit thanks just tested 15 runs in less than 5 min and got 2 legs. although i got them at the first 3 runs, then nothing maybe doing some runs after some rifts would be better, this gets boring quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom