• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

can you guys give me advice which stats should i try rolling into socket? Vit or Attack speed?

Probably attack speed right?

I'd reroll the Vitality honestly. You should have ~350k HP from other slots already and getting it here just makes it awkward later if you're relying on the VIT on this slot. No reason to lower your damage potential here.

Achtius

I'd reroll the Vitality honestly. You should have ~350k HP from other slots already and getting it here just makes it awkward later if you're relying on the VIT on this slot. No reason to lower your damage potential here.

Alright. But I lose about 100k hp when i unequip the weapon

Finally found something that might be able to replace this rare ring but... each stat change requires a flawless imperial topaz. I have 9 right now because I've been working towards getting some Flawless Royals.

Worth trying? Or massive waste of money?

yD4Q2XW.png

Maximus.

I hope I have one of these days where I get awesome legendaries, getting so jealous of some of these you guys are getting. All I get shitty amulets with shitty stats.

I feel you. I barely get any legendaries or upgrades in general and if a legendary drops it's shit, even if I try to reroll stats :(

On another note I hope the crusader gets buffed soon. I like the class, but at level 70 it's flaws stand out.

Sigmaah

weapon_zpse2e5dab4.png

can you guys give me advice which stats should i try rolling into socket? Vit or Attack speed?

Probably attack speed right?

Is it a 1hand or 2? It says 2 but then it says 1...

If it's a 2, then I say get rid of attack speed, if it's a 1 hand then I say keep the attack speed since what is 6% gonna do for u with a slow ass 2H.

Atlantis

I hope I have one of these days where I get awesome legendaries, getting so jealous of some of these you guys are getting. All I get shitty amulets with shitty stats.

Tonight I got a legendary helm with Strength and some bonus for a Crusader skill on my Witch Doctor. D:

I was lucky enough to get a legendary +Poison damage pair of pants a few mobs later though.

scy

Is it a 1hand or 2? It says 2 but then it says 1...

If it's a 2, then I say get rid of attack speed, if it's a 1 hand then I say keep the attack speed since what is 6% gonna do for u with a slow ass 2H.

1H or 2H isn't relevant when the APS of it is the same either way; like, it being 1H isn't changing the fact it's base 1.15. Anyway, it's a 2Her.

Finally found something that might be able to replace this rare ring but... each stat change requires a flawless imperial topaz. I have 9 right now because I've been working towards getting some Flawless Royals.

yD4Q2XW.png

I already sinked around 25-30 million on ring rerolls. Its a huge money sink but when you get the stats you want its worth it.

joesmokey

I ended up buying rings with blood shards until I found int + the tri fecta stats. I think it's too early to waste topaz until you have a full set of flawless royal for sockets. That's what I'm aiming for and why I'm still using a rare as my secondary ring.

Of course you could get the right stat on the first re-roll...

I did some testing tonight. At T1, act 1 and 2 bounties were about 30 minutes, and gave me about 1 full level of paragon XP. 2 Rifts were about half for both of those. Gold for bounties: 630k, rifts: 235k. I did a set of Act 3 bounties that happened to go a bit faster than 30 minutes (25 or so) and it gave me about the same amount of gold and XP per time. I'd like to see if anyone else can confirm or deny this. I'll try taking more data.

Kammie

Who was the designer that came up with that enclosed wall of rocks that mobs cast? Cheapest freaking skill I've ever seen in a game, I hate this thing.

Cipherr

Who was the designer that came up with that enclosed wall of rocks that mobs cast? Cheapest freaking skill I've ever seen in a game, I hate this thing.

Ever since day 1 of release Waller has been shitty. Often traps you where you cannot really move at all. Blizzard has said many times that this is NOT intended behaviour, and they have even "patch/fixed" it a few times, and yet it remains.

They are never going to fix waller, they need to just remove it. Theres nothing you can do to "outplay" a champ pack with minions spamming walls right on you so that you literally cannot move while they all chain frozen and lightning on top of you until you die.

Bullshit for 2 years running.

Dahbomb

Stuff like Wallers is why moves like Dashing Strike are necessary.

Also there's a Legendary potion that breaks Wallers.

Ever since day 1 of release Waller has been shitty. Often traps you where you cannot really move at all. Blizzard has said many times that this is NOT intended behaviour, and they have even "patch/fixed" it a few times, and yet it remains.

They are never going to fix waller, they need to just remove it. Theres nothing you can do to "outplay" a champ pack with minions spamming walls right on you so that you literally cannot move while they all chain frozen and lightning on top of you until you die.

Bullshit for 2 years running.

The remedy is Kulle-Aid!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I swear 2.0 buffed the AI of the waller mobs, before it was almost joke affix I used to laugh at with my friends, but now they seem to be way better at positioning the wall. I've seen them make a V shape with me at the most acute angle and the open side pointing towards a wall then filling the inside up with slime and mortars.

It was truly hell on earth.

Tested 8 hours of normal adventure mode over the past two days - 12 legendaries all garbage
8 hours of torment I - 4 legendaries both sidegrades

Could just be the good ol Randomness but I'm convinced now that what most people say is probably right more bounty reward caches=more chances at legendaries. However grinding normal instances is mindnumbingly unfun.

joesmokey

Found another legendary ring :(. I think at this point, my legendary finds are either weapons, bracers, rings, and the occasional amulet. I almost never find any other type.

scy

Found another legendary ring :(. I think at this point, my legendary finds are either weapons, bracers, rings, and the occasional amulet. I almost never find any other type.

I found five set items today.

Litany x 3, Blackthorne x 2 (Chest, Boots).

I'm pretty sure those are the only set items in the game.

MegaPanda

Hooray! Found my first build-chaning legendary.

EAL2guh.png

Looked through my skills to look for some fire skills to take advantage of this and discovered the Heat Wave rune for Wave of Force. That skill seems gamebreaking when paired with some arcane regen and resource reduction. High damage, no cooldown and a large AoE to boot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ke0-1817/hero/36093008
I am now a melee wizard. Oh god this is such fun.

UeJ6oGL.jpg

This wand is fucking GAME.FUCKING.CHANGING! I just need Cindercoat now.

Also Arcane Dynamo makes this melee build purr like a fucking ferrari engine. Melee mob(s) for like 2 seconds, build 5 stacks, hit explosive blast, 10-15m crits everywhere, while that's on cooldown throw out a black hole and use Wave of Force w/ Heat Wave run which gives me 4-7m crits. Explosive Blast will be off cooldown, hit that again your arcane dynamo will be at 5 stacks, another 10-15m crits x 4.

Sooooo good.

Has there been a general consensus as to what to put paragon points into as a crusader?

If you are using a 2 hander + shield (and why wouldn't you be?) then make sure you get your move speed to 10%, Don't use move speed on boots, reroll those to a more valuable stat. Point for point, you're better off that way.

Beyond that, I've been stacking up all resistance and cooldown reduction in my other categories.

Just got back to playing this for the first time since about a month after the first release. Been a lot of fun. Almost got a Barb up to 60 in hardcore and the bounty system is mad fun.

I would honestly like to have a discussion on the rampant split farming that is occurring within NA-GAF and the game as a whole. A solid amount of our players would like to entertain the notion that split farming is some how not negatively effecting the game. Personally, I find it to be a cancerous blight; Blizzard really needs to nerf this and they need to do it fast. For all the individuals who thought that CotA, Mira, Cath 4, RA, etc. runs were some how 'bad' this is far far worse. Split farming is undermining the entirety of RoS in short order. So here it is, defenders of split farming; make your case.

scy

I split farm with a friend (just A1 and A2, typically) just to speed things up. If it's gone, it's gone. That's fine to me. Just can't argue against the efficiency, even if it feels scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom