• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the bear rift I was talking about.

lH8kbfr.jpg

ElyrionX

Its called Arreat Runs for a reason.

Wiz can do this easily with the correct skills.

Yeah, my Wiz basically doesn't die. Once, a rare ring dropped and I got surrounded. I wasn't able to get the ring. I blinked out then ran a bit and blinked in again to get the ring and managed to get away easily. I'm not sure how other classes can run this efficiently but it's really easy on the Wiz. I smell a hotfix incoming so I am going to milk this for all it's worth for now.

scy

Unless it was recently hotfixed to better rolls, that Burst of Wrath makes no sense. The one I have in-game has a Damage roll range of 1177 - 1788 and a stat range of 946 - 1125 just like every other two hander I have.

I smell a hotfix incoming so I am going to milk this for all it's worth for now.

I hope whatever hotfix they do here is to just shift more drops from breakables back to Elites rather than just reducing the chest count in the Core.

Yes, each Act's bounty bags has set legendaries it can drop. Those boots are from the Act 2 Bounty Bag. For anyone interested, the list of bounty bag legendaries:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21gorc/d3_ros_adventure_mode_bounty_reward_legendary/

I really, really want the Burst of Wrath Legendary 2Handed Axe from the Act 3 bounty bag. I think it fits my build perfectly and will be my end game weapon (here's an example of a Dex based one):

leg-burst-of-wrath1.jpg

That stats seems from the F&F Beta, the actual weapon is loooooooooooooooooooower damage

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone know if I need to learn all the previous gem patterns in order to get the RoS-gem patterns?

ElyrionX

I hope whatever hotfix they do here is to just shift more drops from breakables back to Elites rather than just reducing the chest count in the Core.

To be fair, the drop rates are really not high. It's just that you open so many of these chests in a run.

rugioh

Banned
Once Adventure mode is unlocked, if I wanted to powerlevel a new character would that be a faster way of doing so than running the Classic mode?

scy

To be fair, the drop rates are really not high. It's just that you open so many of these chests in a run.

Right but part of what makes these runs worth it is that chests have a higher rate of Legendaries than Elite packs. On top of being able to do this on Torment VI regardless of gear.

Once Adventure mode is unlocked, if I wanted to powerlevel a new character would that be a faster way of doing so than running the Classic mode?

Yeah. Just have the character being powerleveled make a Torment VI game and have someone else plow through the content until the ~60s.

Insaniac

Any chance they're gonna change the crafting recipes for some of the Sets that drop? I got some plans "Captain's orders" or something and it costs a freaking flawless royal gem to craft that shit for 6 totally random props? And the 2 set bonus is a pathetic 2000 health regen and 10% CDR, and 3 set +50 all Res and 10% resource reduction?

Boogdud

So after getting my crusader to 70 a couple days ago, I figured I'd try him out. I tried several different builds but this class seems, well, to be blunt, completely broken. I get the whole 'tanky' aspect of the class but this is a game where you want to kill as many mobs as quickly as possible to get loot. The ttk on this class seems to be completely reliant on long cooldowns and utterly pathetic resource regeneration. Any one of the primaries takes 10-15+ hits to generate a full bar and your secondaries drain them in 1-3 hits (and most do the damage of any other class's primary). So you end up just face tanking mobs for insane amounts of time, waiting for your stuff to cooldown so you can actually do damage for a split second, then back to facetanking. The ttk seems just astronomical.

I have almost the same gear level as my WD and the WD can kill a mob with a single cast of haunt and walking away literally 2-3 times as fast as the crusader when he's not using 2-3 cooldowns at the same time. It's insane.

Is blizzard aware of just how out of sync the crusader is with all the other classes? It's one of those classes where you know you're doing 2-3x the work for the same results everyone else is getting mindlessly. It's a real shame because after 2.0 almost every class is in great shape. The crusader feels like it was scrapped or something right before launch and they just threw some numbers on a chalkboard and said "well good enough, we'll fix it later I guess".

Were they always like this? I didn't want to believe the anti-hype I was hearing about the class but boy, it really is in bad shape.

Well that was different, just did a Nephalem Rift that had every floor as nothing but a long corridor to the next floor.

Actually kinda liked it.

Kacho

The Crusader is definitely not where it should be right now. They seem incredibly inefficient compared to other classes. You have to get your DPS up super high before it starts feeling right. Hammers with the Thunderstruck rune seems pretty key right now.

If anyone wants to be powerleveled today I can hook some of you up. Put my 1.1m dps wiz to some use lol. I'll start in a couple hours if anyone is interested

scy

Any chance they're gonna change the crafting recipes for some of the Sets that drop? I got some plans "Captain's orders" or something and it costs a freaking flawless royal ruby to craft that shit for 6 totally random props? And the 2 set bonus is a pathetic 2000 health regen and 10% CDR, and 3 set +50 all Res and 10% resource reduction?

This is part of the reason why my plan is to use multiple sets with the -1 Set Ring from the Act 1 bounties. The Set bonuses aren't that gamechanging but it's the best way to get more CDR and other free stats, especially when you can get 2-3 different 3 piece set bonuses at once.

So after getting my crusader to 70 a couple days ago, I figured I'd try him out. I tried several different builds but this class seems, well, to be blunt, completely broken. I get the whole 'tanky' aspect of the class but this is a game where you want to kill as many mobs as quickly as possible to get loot. The ttk on this class seems to be completely reliant on long cooldowns and utterly pathetic resource regeneration. Any one of the primaries takes 10-15+ hits to generate a full bar and your secondaries drain them in 1-3 hits (and most do the damage of any other class's primary). So you end up just face tanking mobs for insane amounts of time, waiting for your stuff to cooldown so you can actually do damage for a split second, then back to facetanking. The ttk seems just astronomical.

I have almost the same gear level as my WD and the WD can kill a mob with a single cast of haunt and walking away literally 2-3 times as fast as the crusader when he's not using 2-3 cooldowns at the same time. It's insane.

Is blizzard aware of just how out of sync the crusader is with all the other classes? It's one of those classes where you know you're doing 2-3x the work for the same results everyone else is getting mindlessly. It's a real shame because after 2.0 almost every class is in great shape. The crusader feels like it was scrapped or something right before launch and they just threw some numbers on a chalkboard and said "well good enough, we'll fix it later I guess".

Were they always like this? I didn't want to believe the anti-hype I was hearing about the class but boy, it really is in bad shape.

My build feels more-or-less fine but that's really coasting off the fact that Fires of Heaven has actual damage numbers. The Wrath generation for the class feels like a tacked on mechanic rather than a fully fleshed out Crusader one. The amount of super viable builds for them (in terms of competitive to other classes kill speeds) is really limited.

The Crusader is definitely not where it should be right now. They seem incredibly inefficient compared to other classes. You have to get your DPS up super high before it starts feeling right. Hammers with the Thunderstruck rune seems pretty key right now.

In my opinion, anything Hammer related is an awful build. The output of each Hammer, even given the negligible Wrath cost, is just not worth it. It takes way too long to kill anything with those kinds of numbers.

Strider

If anyone wants to be powerleveled today I can hook some of you up. Put my 1.1m dps wiz to some use lol. I'll start in a couple hours if anyone is interested

I still haven't leveled my Crusader past the 40s so I may take you up on this. I read going from 50-60 is a real grind...

Kacho

In my opinion, anything Hammer related is an awful build. The output of each Hammer, even given the negligible Wrath cost, is just not worth it. It takes way too long to kill anything with those kinds of numbers.

That's definitely not my experience. The constant crits I get while hitting all of the mobs around me makes killing extremely fast.

What build are you using if you don't mind me asking?

LowParry

So...

First you start with this:

Then you go with this:

Together with stats like these:

Makes for anything that attacks me with speed/frenzy or fire chains not only die really quickly, but keeps me at full health with how much LoH I have.

This is probably true however if you stack some speed, those hammer do some pretty good damage. Crusaders could use some buffs though.

Nymerio

Well that was different, just did a Nephalem Rift that had every floor as nothing but a long corridor to the next floor.

Actually kinda liked it.

I'd love to get a dungeon like that. Me and a friend have this theory that our games only ever generate exits or bounty monsters after we've revealed about 90% of the map.

Firemind

They're alright in Normal bounty runs. In Torment you need every skill slot to maximize damage output, but on Normal you basically have free slots to use, so you can use otherwise shitty skills like phantom horsey for extra mobility.

Yeah, my Wiz basically doesn't die. Once, a rare ring dropped and I got surrounded. I wasn't able to get the ring. I blinked out then ran a bit and blinked in again to get the ring and managed to get away easily. I'm not sure how other classes can run this efficiently but it's really easy on the Wiz. I smell a hotfix incoming so I am going to milk this for all it's worth for now.

Monks can do it pretty safely/effectively as well. Dashing strike (extra charge or MS) and tempest rush (more MS) with epiphany (DR rune) and serenity (increased duration). I also chose fist of thunder for more teleport potential and a mantra of your choice to boost toughness. Since you aren't killing anything just load up on toughness gear and respec your paragon for more survivability/skill cooldown. With epiphany up I was around 60m toughness and could easily tank a few hits from champs (hulking phase beats being the biggest offenders of being able to chase you the entire way).

scy

That's definitely not my experience. The constant crits I get while hitting all of the mobs around me makes killing extremely fast.

What build are you using if you don't mind me asking?

What I was running last night, though usually with Horse instead of Akarat's for the sake of not taking forever getting around for bounties. I have the Smite chest Legendary so I've been testing it out so it's normally Zeal and Zealous Glare there. Smite double-casting essentially doubles my Wrath generation in packs (I think? It's so hard to accurately gauge this) so ZG hasn't felt as necessary / I one-shot T1/T2 anyway. It gives me ~20M Condemn crits and ~18M or so FoH crits so a full Wrath dump is nearly 100M Damage. Condemn + 6x FoH casts essentially instantly ends most T1/T2 solo levels of Health.

Granted, I'm pretty sure I radically outgear this stuff. ~915k Damage / 9.5M in-game Toughness.

On the subject of Smite:Shared Fate, I've grown a little fond of it. The damage of Smite itself is awful (back to under 3M crits I think) but the AoE of it is nice for when packs clump around you awkwardly. The better part of it, though, is that stupid shit like Fallen that try to run away just get permastunned as Smite chains seem to tether even at the 15 yard range for Shared Fate's stun trigger.

This is probably true however if you stack some speed, those hammer do some pretty good damage. Crusaders could use some buffs though.

I just think the class is better with their Wrath spenders depleting the resource super fast in one fell swoop. Kind of helps with the whole big burst idea of it. Blessed Hammer is more something I can see going with a lot of Wrath Regen and disregarding a generator entirely and having that as your primary instead.

Begaria

This can't be real

Holy shit that Burst of Wrath. Act 3 caches, huh? Welp. I know what I'll be doing forever until I find one...

That stats seems from the F&F Beta, the actual weapon is loooooooooooooooooooower damage

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, it is. I actually managed to get one after about 10 Act 3 bounty runs. It was an incredibly lucky night as I actually got the Act 3 Helm Pride's Fail or whatever it is as well.

I also found a legendary wallet that says "Badass Motherfucker" on it. Heh.

The Burst of Wrath I found is about 2500 DPS. I rerolled to about 1117 strength. That affix for 20% of your resource pool is restored on kill procs pretty damn often. Smashing through objects and enemies while retaining near max fury is pretty awesome.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Has anyone gotten anything worthwhile with the Bloodshards? Just keep getting junk to sell for them.

I got my first legendary yesterday. It was a shitty helm I immediately salvaged.

Jeram continues to elude me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Im gonna have to agree with this, Hammers are a trick, they look like they're really good but once you hit T1 you start to notice how lacking they actually are.

They render you even more immobile than you already are, since you can't "stutter step" cast hammers because then they're even more inefficient than they are, you have to stand still and dump a shit ton of hammers before you can reposition if you want ANY damage to go out. Also hammers requires too much support to work properly. They are also extremely unreliable damage against smaller packs because their hit box is so wonky. Not to mention since each hammer can only hit each enemy one time, even if you kite them through it a second time, what this really means is that they are even more unreliable.

I've also started considering Zeal to be a really awful rune for Slash, because what the hell is the point of 5% attack speed on a 1.15 speed weapon? At best you're getting it to a 1.20 speed assuming you haven't stacked Attack Speed on your gear, and if you have then considering IT REQUIRES 5 ATTACKS TO GET IT TO 5% you're already at 25 wrath! Plus the built in ~3 wrath per second you've probably generated closer to 35 wrath, and if you have righteousness you're easily at 70 wrath which is to the point where you're probably dumping.

You could weave slash between you dumping wrath but honestly I don't think Zeal benefits wrath generation that much and it doesn't help over all damage since the duration on the effect is extremely short, in the end the only real ability the Zeal buff helps is Slash, so you're using a whole rune for 5% attackspeed on Slash. If you ask me, carve or crush are far superior. Carve helps deal with bigger packs, and crush gives you rather decent burst if you're stacking crit damage.

The best thing about zeal is that it turns slash into holy damage.

Honestly, this just makes me realize how awful a lot of the Wrath generators are.

Theorycraft question:

¿which class could reach the max life points? and anyone know what is the max life that anyone could reach?

(yes, I've got a Soulsmasher xD )

Thx in advance.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I have been leveling my crusader solely in adventure mode, he is lvl 62 now and has not stepped one foot into story mode. IMHO I'll never play story mode again, lol. Adventure mode not only levels quickly due to bounty and rift quest rewards but it's fun and interesting too. I might play through act 5 again someday though, I really enjoyed the new act.

Kacho

What I was running last night, though usually with Horse instead of Akarat's for the sake of not taking forever getting around for bounties. I have the Smite chest Legendary so I've been testing it out so it's normally Zeal and Zealous Glare there. Smite double-casting essentially doubles my Wrath generation in packs (I think? It's so hard to accurately gauge this) so ZG hasn't felt as necessary / I one-shot T1/T2 anyway. It gives me ~20M Condemn crits and ~18M or so FoH crits so a full Wrath dump is nearly 100M Damage. Condemn + 6x FoH casts essentially instantly ends most T1/T2 solo levels of Health.

Granted, I'm pretty sure I radically outgear this stuff. ~915k Damage / 9.5M in-game Toughness.

On the subject of Smite:Shared Fate, I've grown a little fond of it. The damage of Smite itself is awful (back to under 3M crits I think) but the AoE of it is nice for when packs clump around you awkwardly. The better part of it, though, is that stupid shit like Fallen that try to run away just get permastunned as Smite chains seem to tether even at the 15 yard range for Shared Fate's stun trigger.

I just think the class is better with their Wrath spenders depleting the resource super fast in one fell swoop. Kind of helps with the whole big burst idea of it. Blessed Hammer is more something I can see going with a lot of Wrath Regen and disregarding a generator entirely and having that as your primary instead.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll go over this when I finish up this meeting. I'm a bit weaker than you at the moment (850k dps and 8m toughness), but I'll think about trying out your build.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, it is. I actually managed to get one after about 10 Act 3 bounty runs. It was an incredibly lucky night as I actually got the Act 3 Helm Pride's Fail or whatever it is as well.

I also found a legendary wallet that says "Badass Motherfucker" on it. Heh.

The Burst of Wrath I found is about 2500 DPS. I rerolled to about 1117 strength. That affix for 20% of your resource pool is restored on kill procs pretty damn often. Smashing through objects and enemies while retaining near max fury is pretty awesome.

That's the weapon I used until I looted the double bombardment flail. The wrath generation was great.

ElyrionX

Monks can do it pretty safely/effectively as well. Dashing strike (extra charge or MS) and tempest rush (more MS) with epiphany (DR rune) and serenity (increased duration). I also chose fist of thunder for more teleport potential and a mantra of your choice to boost toughness. Since you aren't killing anything just load up on toughness gear and respec your paragon for more survivability/skill cooldown. With epiphany up I was around 60m toughness and could easily tank a few hits from champs (hulking phase beats being the biggest offenders of being able to chase you the entire way).

Whats your rate of finding legs?

BigDug13

This is part of the reason why my plan is to use multiple sets with the -1 Set Ring from the Act 1 bounties. The Set bonuses aren't that gamechanging but it's the best way to get more CDR and other free stats, especially when you can get 2-3 different 3 piece set bonuses at once.

My build feels more-or-less fine but that's really coasting off the fact that Fires of Heaven has actual damage numbers. The Wrath generation for the class feels like a tacked on mechanic rather than a fully fleshed out Crusader one. The amount of super viable builds for them (in terms of competitive to other classes kill speeds) is really limited.

Limitless on the hammers isn't bad. You basically get new hammers spawning from old hammers as they connect with enemies, giving you 400% damage per cast than 200%. I did find every other hammer rune to be unimpressive though.

Giggzy

I did T6 Core runs for roughly 3 hours last night. Easily over 100 runs as it only takes me a minute or so per run. Came out of the night with 16 legendaries. Most were horrible, some small upgrades. It's been a good way to stock up on legendary crafting mats though!

Will keep doing this until it's nerfed :)

scy

The best thing about zeal is that it turns slash into holy damage.

This is the entire reason I use(d) it. Not because 5% ASPD is good or anything. Just because I liked Slash's animation + AoE and it dealt the right type of damage. Honestly, given the option, I'd rather use a Holy Damage Punish probably.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll go over this when I finish up this meeting. I'm a bit weaker than you at the moment (850k dps and 8m toughness), but I'll think about trying out your build.

Ultimately, the best way for me to put it is that it plays similar to a melee version of DH Cluster Arrow. I Condemn and run forward to vacuum together a pack, turn and Blind them and drop FoH as Condemn explodes. If it has an Elite in it, I'll pop the Law to double the amount of beamspam I get.

I eventually want to try Heaven's Fury back to a Cooldown rune if I ever get the triple beam Flail + the 50% Heaven's Fury CDR Shield. Then I just need to figure out which spender to use (Shield Bash:pound, probably).

Limitless on the hammers isn't bad. You basically get new hammers spawning from old hammers as they connect with enemies, giving you 400% damage per cast than 200%. I did find every other hammer rune to be unimpressive though.

Right but what this does is get you better Wrath retention. My problem with Crusader builds is that these feel so sluggish in terms of kill speed. I kill things on engage, basically, and have no real downtime. Speeds up T1/T2 bounty farming immensely.

And, when grouping, it lets me feel like I do real damage since it's done in ~1-2s to go with the output of our Wizards/DH/WD/whatever DPS we have. I provide permanent Glory and +20% Damage to the group along with ~50M or so damage per fight while serving as a primary meat shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom