• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My duder:

LAEOTbm.png

Right now I have a gold bottleneck. I'm trying to get all my gems replaced with flawless royals but it's taking a while.

Did you get anything? I tried about 5 runs yesterday no luck

I have a gear set and build that gets me 25 million toughness (thanks to a legendary shield I dropped). Makes T6 core of arreat runs a joke. I got 5 legendaries in an hour and a half last night. They were all crap and it's NOT FUN AT ALL. Also no progression to speak of. I don't get paragon levels and I don't get gold. So I doubt I'll be doing that much.

(ok, not fair to say they were all crap - the chest armor I'm wearing was from core runs)

Moff

if you identify a leg on another character with another main stat, what will the main stat on the leg be?

datamage

How long would it take to get powerelveled till level 30 or so? Thinking of redoing my crusader as a male instead of female. (I prefer the male's attack animations... ) :/

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I did T6 Core runs for roughly 3 hours last night. Easily over 100 runs as it only takes me a minute or so per run. Came out of the night with 16 legendaries. Most were horrible, some small upgrades. It's been a good way to stock up on legendary crafting mats though!

Will keep doing this until it's nerfed :)

How often you die doing that?

Achtius

Another question diablogaf

leg_zps5961d199.png

What should I reroll, armor or +% to justice?

I don't see myself using justice in the foreseeable future (but not sure if i want to keep it for later use, i doubt it), but I don't think the armor bonus is useful either (i have 14.6k armor)

DSmalls84

I use zeal and limitless hammers but have a 16% holy bonus on my Reaper's Wraps and 860 k damage. Really enjoy running with these skills even if they aren't the most efficient. Crusaders gotta hammer.

scy

What RNG god are you sacrificing things to?!

Edit: And I'd reroll the Armor to sockets. You can't get AR on it anyway so might as well do this so you can socket Diamonds. Maybe you'll make use of Justice later so it's better to keep imo.

garath

My duder:

LAEOTbm.png

Right now I have a gold bottleneck. I'm trying to get all my gems replaced with flawless royals but it's taking a while.

I have a gear set and build that gets me 25 million toughness (thanks to a legendary shield I dropped). Makes T6 core of arreat runs a joke. I got 5 legendaries in an hour and a half last night. They were all crap and it's NOT FUN AT ALL. Also no progression to speak of. I don't get paragon levels and I don't get gold. So I doubt I'll be doing that much.

(ok, not fair to say they were all crap - the chest armor I'm wearing was from core runs)

I watched that guy streaming do core runs for about 30 min. Bored me to tears. I'm more than happy just running bounties, opening every chest and dead body and killing every elite pack I find. I got about 5 legendaries doing that last night in 3 hours. It was MUCH more fun.

Sidenote, holy crap at your character. Something to aspire to. Wow.

Short vid of my monk stomping T1 with only 200k dps if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjRvSrCPQU&feature=youtu.be

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/6639133

Yes, my gear sucks. I've only played for maybe an hour at level 70 and haven't even touched on rifts etc just yet. Just wanted to show that T1 is farmable with 200k dps or less if you stack the right +element and +skill gear.

I can't believe how many different monk builds are good right now. It's fantastic.

bcl0328

I have been leveling my crusader solely in adventure mode, he is lvl 62 now and has not stepped one foot into story mode. IMHO I'll never play story mode again, lol. Adventure mode not only levels quickly due to bounty and rift quest rewards but it's fun and interesting too. I might play through act 5 again someday though, I really enjoyed the new act.

how are you going to get your guaranteed legendary from malthael then?

bcl0328

Get to 70 and then just kill Malthael.

that doesn't work that way. i did this with a friend on torment 1 and we killed malthael. i got no legendaries. went back to story mode and had the quest to kill malthael, got 3 legendaries.

scy

Right. Get to 70 and do just the quest for Malthael. You don't have to play through all of Story mode for it.

garath

So for my DH. I've been using turrets with rockets and the passive skill to have 3 turrets around.

Turret is 220% weapon damage with rockets that do 70% weapon damage. I can have 3 of them up at a time. Most fights I'll get 1-2 up, longer obviously I'll have all 3 rocking.

Companion is 100% weapon damage. The active is pretty potent for wolf. I get about 200k dps for 10 seconds every 30 seconds. Makes my cluster arrows do quite a bit of damage. Boar is a nice active with a taunt and passive with 20% increase to all resistances.

My legendary quiver is stuck with 14% companion damage so I figured I'd try it out. I'm torn though. The actual damage seems piddly compared to turrets, but the actives are nice. I don't think the companion damage % increase affects the actives at all.

What would you guys run with? Turret or companion?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's pretty sad how hostile much of the Pro-BoA crowd is on the official forums. They automatically jump to the "YOU JUST WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU/YOU JUST WANT TO BUY YOUR GEAR" idiot strawman regardless of how well constructed or rational a post is describing how trading can be good.

There's also a tendency there to brutally misuse the term "troll." People immediately dismiss anyone with an opinion they don't agree with as a troll. The funny thing is that sort of makes them the troll.

Blizzard forums are blizzard forums though, so I don't know what I expected.

scy

Granted, I haven't personally reset my quests to do that but yeah. Every character I've leveled to 70 (either mine or friends) has done a quick story kill of Malthael for the drop.

Moff

Granted, I haven't personally reset my quests to do that but yeah. Every character I've leveled to 70 (either mine or friends) has done a quick story kill of Malthael for the drop.

I think the point is, that you cant just simply select the quest for malthael. you need to paly the whole story for that quest and the legendaries.

scy

I think the point is, that you cant just simply select the quest for malthael. you need to paly the whole story for that quest and the legendaries.

Have someone who has the quest make the game. You can just skip to that quest.

Moff

Have someone who has the quest make the game. You can just skip to that quest.

hmm, ok, but I guess you cant just reset your quests over and over again and get invited for malthael and reveice legendaries all the time.

scy

Correct. If you're going to try farming the quest for that you have to actually do all the quests in the game to get the Reset again.

bcl0328

What would you guys run with? Turret or companion?

when you say turrets, do you mean sentries? i never used them except once for a solo malth kill. they seem ok, i would use them when i get the 4 piece set bonus for them. right now the wolf companion seems to do decent damage and can tank. he buffs the entire group so i use him.

I highly doubt this works, otherwise this would be the go to way to farm legendaries.

well it should work if you did all the quests to malth, killed him, and hit reset and killed him again with a friend. but then you can't reset quests anymore so on your third try you would need to run act 1-5 all over again.

Really...I've gotten a drop with my barb and identified it with my wiz and it had a intelligence modifier on it...may have been a coincidence though.

smart loot only works 70% of the time.

Wallach

Really...I've gotten a drop with my barb and identified it with my wiz and it had a intelligence modifier on it...may have been a coincidence though.

Yeah, sometimes loot doesn't drop as "smart loot"; it's probably 80-90% chance, but not guaranteed. Of course, some items roll a certain primary as an implicit modifier and won't drop with anything else regardless of who finds it (dropped legendary wands for example will roll Intelligence as a guaranteed primary).

Most likely. I've traded with my friends, about 4 times, and each time they id'd the leg the primary stat was still for my class.

So...
With this expansion, would now be a good time for someone who hasn't really touched a Diablo game since the original, like me, to try and jump in?

Nymerio

Just found out that I wasted about 20 Souls trying to enchant my shoulder's dext. I got the lvl 70 monk set shoulders and the mystic says it can roll dext up to 750 or so. Highest I got was 499. Turns out there's something strange going on with the stat allocation, that they can actually roll a value over 500 but if your shoulders roll under 500 you're stuck with that and won't get more. If you find them with dext over 500 the mystic can only roll from 500 to 750.

Dark_castle

I really hate how the loot system was designed such that we obtain leg/set our character cannot use and they're all BoA. Fuck this shit.

Giggzy

Not very often. I am playing a DH so I used the passive that increases my movement speed after a vault, used the rune on vault that cuts the discipline in half if vaulting right after a previous vault, and also used the passive that gives me 6% dodge every second until being hit, so I'd almost always dodge an attack if I were to get hit.

One of the legs I found are the shoulders that make all your items indestructible, so when I did die I'm not getting any repair bills.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think I figured out blizzard's design philosophy, they succeeded if everyone looks at another players class and says WHOA DUDE THAT'S OP!

Because I think that's what blizzard was going for. Although I think they kinda screwed up with RoS.

Barbs
and Crusaders

Look really boring and unappealing to a lot of people at the moment.

After playing my wizard I am getting my monk up to 70. Anyone got a good build for a fresh 70 monk? I read the monk forums but all the builds seem to be based on once you have gear for the build.

I don't die at all on my wizard. Though I use a gear set and skills designed to take my toughness to 25 million. Illusionist so I can constantly teleport and spam mirror image. Diamond skin and unstable anomaly (so if I do die, I dont die).

It's boring though... but the legendary drop rate is good.

Dawg

My duder:

LAEOTbm.png

You're that guy who plays the game supersampled, no? Looks great :p

Hmm, I wonder if there is some Chest-Legendary cooldown.
Just took an hour break from T6 Arreat runs .. and first chest after the break drops a legendary. Or it is just RNG gonna RNG.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I figured out blizzard's design philosophy, they succeeded if everyone looks at another players class and says WHOA DUDE THAT'S OP!

Because I think that's what blizzard was going for. Although I think they kinda screwed up with RoS.

Barbs
and Crusaders

Look really boring and unappealing to a lot of people at the moment.

Yeah Barb is pretty much the only class I just have zero interest in playing. Crusader is really cool but I do think they need to be buffed so that they are effective in more than a few gimmick builds.

kirblar

Hmm, I wonder if there is some Chest-Legendary cooldown.
Just took an hour break from T6 Arreat runs .. and first chest after the break drops a legendary. Or it is just RNG gonna RNG.
I had the same thing occur on my characters. Does appear to be some sort of timer mechanism at work.

MartyStu

My duder:

LAEOTbm.png

Where is all that damage coming from?

garath

when you say turrets, do you mean sentries? i never used them except once for a solo malth kill. they seem ok, i would use them when i get the 4 piece set bonus for them. right now the wolf companion seems to do decent damage and can tank. he buffs the entire group so i use him.

Yeah, I meant sentries. I've been using them for so long, especially pre-RoS because I had a bombadier's rucksack (5 sentries out lol). It's quite a bit of supplemental dps.

But I like switching things around. Keeps things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom