• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

astonish

I think I'm confused about legs and magic find. I thought in the changes to the system to only buff to leg drops was that there are 70 only and torment only drops, but that T1-T6 was essentially the same thing. Essentially moving up the difficulty nets more XP and gold, but not MF/leg drop rates.

Now I see people doing T6 core runs with tanky speed builds because more legs will drop?

Like all 'runs' I get pretty bored repeating them and would rather just run adventure mode with friends (not split!)... but I'm wondering if I shouldn't move from T1 -> T2 on my current wiz

Boogdud

I think I figured out blizzard's design philosophy, they succeeded if everyone looks at another players class and says WHOA DUDE THAT'S OP!

Because I think that's what blizzard was going for. Although I think they kinda screwed up with RoS.

Barbs
and Crusaders

Look really boring and unappealing to a lot of people at the moment.

I looked at the Crusader and said "WHOA DUDE HE LOOKS COMPLETELY AWESOME" as in, actual aesthetics and design. Then I played it and said.. wow this is completely unappealing. So they almost got it right.

idlewild_

I think I'm confused about legs and magic find. I thought in the changes to the system to only buff to leg drops was that there are 70 only and torment only drops, but that T1-T6 was essentially the same thing. Essentially moving up the difficulty nets more XP and gold, but not MF/leg drop rates.

Now I see people doing T6 core runs with tanky speed builds because more legs will drop?

Like all 'runs' I get pretty bored repeating them and would rather just run adventure mode with friends (not split!)... but I'm wondering if I shouldn't move from T1 -> T2 on my current wiz

The legendary drop rate is increased on higher torment levels. I think a lot of people stick to T1 since the legendary drop rate increase does not seem to outweigh the lowered efficiency of running a higher torment level. That is something you will have to judge for yourself though, if you can still cruise by fairly quickly on T2 then it might be worth it for the increased XP/gold alone.

Miletius

I think I figured out blizzard's design philosophy, they succeeded if everyone looks at another players class and says WHOA DUDE THAT'S OP!

Because I think that's what blizzard was going for. Although I think they kinda screwed up with RoS.

Barbs
and Crusaders

Look really boring and unappealing to a lot of people at the moment.

I agree, mostly. After leveling a cruasder through story mode I think I'm done with her for now (level 61). I went back to playing my monk and was much more satisfied. I'm not saying crusader is a bad class, it's just that the archetype is tanky, which is fine. I expected it to be more melee though, which it turns out it really isn't too much.

My monk just turned 70 yesterday, and while the damage isn't the greatest I think she's pretty impressive for how early on in the game I am.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Miletius-1828/hero/43452835

Nice! I'm just about to hit 2 million..

..with 55 Archon stacks, that is, lol
I don't even know what archon stacks are :p

You're that guy who plays the game supersampled, no? Looks great :p

Yep. 3840x2160. The game runs great so I don't see why not.

Where is all that damage coming from?
Crit chance \ crit dmg \ high INT. I only have a few small attack speed boosts, so it's not that :p

I think my crit chance (with pinpoint barrier) is 61%. Crit dmg is 461%. Magic weapon and unwavering will also boost DPS. And on top of that, my magic missile is doing 3x the dmg because of mirrorball shooting 3 missiles at once. With piercing, it's better than frozen orb. I'm actually considering replacing frozen orb but I don't know what to replace it with.

Kssio_Aug

Is there any way to rise the time that Fetish Army stand summoned?? 120secs of cooldown for 20 seconds of army is too little. T-T
It would be possible just with Zunimassa's Set?

ferr

It'll take alot more than 5 runs to make it profitable. But I got 3 legendaries in less than 30minutes this morning. Yesterday I played for like 30minutes and got 4.

EDIT: Just got another one.

This is so sad. CoA was my main farming route pre-ROS and pre-2.0. (Also: add LoD to it after CoA). Blues said people wouldn't bother with this route after RoS because of the awesomeness of adventure mode. Not so much, I guess. It all comes down to leg drops per hour. Caches and Rifts aren't rewarding enough.

I started leveling my crusader last night for the tears. My my monk has a pretty sweet hellfire from post patch pre ROS that's enchantable. Gonna roll in CD for the dex + trifecta.

I wouldn't mind changing the bracers I have to fire to match my magefist I found as well. Also need tears.

This is so sad. CoA was my main farming route pre-ROS and pre-2.0. (Also: add LoD to it after CoA). Blues said people wouldn't bother with this route after RoS because of the awesomeness of adventure mode. Not so much, I guess. It all comes down to leg drops per hour. Caches and Rifts aren't rewarding enough.

It's really boring though. And if you get a bunch of legendaries that aren't worth using, then you've gained nothing. Whereas in adventure mode and rifts, I'm getting gold and paragon levels. I prefer that, because I'm short on gold and need to craft better gems.

I'll probably only screw around in CoA if I'm desperate for some legendaries. I did find a chest armor replacement doing that last night.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there any way to rise the time that Fetish Army stand summoned?? 120secs of cooldown for 20 seconds of army is too little. T-T
It would be possible just with Zunimassa's Set?

Starmetal Kukri doesn't extend the time, but it does significantly reduce the cooldown.

I'm getting a bit lost stat wise,

On which stats should I be focussing on with my gear to start doing torment 1?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FeD-2651/hero/39105999

It looks like you have no resist gear at all. I'd try getting some resist all to up your toughness.

ferr

It's really boring though. And if you get a bunch of legendaries that aren't worth using, then you've gained nothing. Whereas in adventure mode and rifts, I'm getting gold and paragon levels. I prefer that, because I'm short on gold and need to craft better gems.

I'll probably only screw around in CoA if I'm desperate for some legendaries. I did find a chest armor replacement doing that last night.

It's mindnumbing for sure. Adding LoD to the mix helps with that so you're not re-logging every 60 seconds. It feels worthwhile when you see a leg drop every 30 minutes though.

br3wnor

Are these just people prepping for ladder to come out? I feel like outside of e-peen, getting crazy gear doesn't matter in this game. You do farm runs to get better gear to... do more farming runs? Sounds really boring to me

Deadly

It's boring as fuck so I only do it when I'm short on time to play or don't really feel like farming.

I just got Chantodo's Force but it rolled a fucking secondary instead of a primary : ( All the primaries it rolled were right ones too....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Are these just people prepping for ladder to come out? I feel like outside of e-peen, getting crazy gear doesn't matter in this game. You do farm runs to get better gear to... do more farming runs? Sounds really boring to me

There is no prepping for ladder. You start fresh, you can't carry over any pre-ladder gear.

ferr

That's what was great in D2 and what I still get out of D3. Farming items for no particular reason other than the fun of getting new drops. I don't know how many times I killed Meph and Pindleskin in D2 in farm runs. There's something to it that entertains me to no end, so that's why I keep doing it.

Although at least in D3, part of my mindset is that I am gearing up for T1+ stuff.

Bradach

Starmetal Kukri doesn't extend the time, but it does significantly reduce the cooldown.

It looks like you have no resist gear at all. I'd try getting some resist all to up your toughness.

What ball park resist all should a torment 1 player have roughly?

br3wnor

That's what was great in D2 and what I still get out of D3. Farming items for no particular reason other than the fun of getting new drops. I don't know how many times I killed Meph and Pindleskin in D2 in farm runs. There's something to it that entertains me to no end, so that's why I keep doing it.

Yeah I get it, not trying to shit on it, if you're having fun more power to you.

CoA farming on T6 is definitely legit. I got around 12 legs in 4 hours last night. A couple were minor upgrades, a few sidegrades, and some generally trash items. It becomes tedious after a while. I'll only do it for maybe one more substantial upgrade before going back to rifts/bounties on a lower difficulty.

ferr

CoA farming on T6 is definitely legit. I got around 12 legs in 4 hours last night. A couple were minor upgrades, a few sidegrades, and some generally trash items. It becomes tedious after a while. I'll only do it for maybe one more substantial upgrade before going back to rifts/bounties on a lower difficulty.

I don't see how they can really nerf this. Maybe reduce chest/debris drop rates somehow if you're cheesing it? If you haven't killed a T6 elite in your game, chest drop rate = 0% for example.

Deadly

After doing these T6 runs though, it's kinda crazy how much hp/damage they do. How can we reach a point where we will be surviving and killing efficiently?
I don't see how they can really nerf this. Maybe reduce chest/debris drop rates somehow if you're cheesing it? If you haven't killed a T6 elite in your game, chest drop rate = 0% for example.
Just reduce the amount of chests in CoA. The reason the run is good is because there are still alot of chests there.

After playing my wizard I am getting my monk up to 70. Anyone got a good build for a fresh 70 monk? I read the monk forums but all the builds seem to be based on once you have gear for the build.

Some ideas:

Use Mantra of Healing with the rune that gives you extra all res to be tougher. Way of the hundred fists for spirit gen, exploding palm.

Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Palace, Dashing strike (stun, quicksilver both good runes), Epiphany - Inner Fire, cyclone strike, Lashing Tail Kick (fire or stun).

Bells spirit cost is too high for what it does, sweeping wind is pretty dependent on crit chance.

Passives: One With everything (and settle on a secondary resist), sieze the initiative.

For some people.

I've been doing rifts at higher t level for the paragon and the fun. I've been getting drops too. We were doing T3 last night. I was doing some solo T3 as well.

I mean if someone enjoys farming chests for a couple more legs an hour then so be it.

Wallach

After doing these T6 runs though, it's kinda crazy how much hp/damage they do. How can we reach a point where we will be surviving and killing efficiently?

Just reduce the amount of chests in CoA. The reason the run is good is because there are still alot of chests there.

Honestly, I'd probably tweak the regular chests down a little and tweak the Cursed/Resplendent chests way up. The ones that either almost require fighting or actually require fighting to access should have the best rewards. Even though you can technically farm Resplendents without fighting it wouldn't result in nearly as many overall chances for loot, but would be way more rewarding for the way people normally play.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Not very often. I am playing a DH so I used the passive that increases my movement speed after a vault, used the rune on vault that cuts the discipline in half if vaulting right after a previous vault, and also used the passive that gives me 6% dodge every second until being hit, so I'd almost always dodge an attack if I were to get hit.

One of the legs I found are the shoulders that make all your items indestructible, so when I did die I'm not getting any repair bills.

I don't die at all on my wizard. Though I use a gear set and skills designed to take my toughness to 25 million. Illusionist so I can constantly teleport and spam mirror image. Diamond skin and unstable anomaly (so if I do die, I dont die).

It's boring though... but the legendary drop rate is good.
Thanks. I just switched up my skills / gear on my crusader and can do it pretty easily.

ferr

Honestly, I'd probably tweak the regular chests down a little and tweak the Cursed/Resplendent chests way up. The ones that either almost require fighting or actually require fighting to access should have the best rewards. Even though you can technically farm Resplendents without fighting it wouldn't result in nearly as many overall chances for loot, but would be way more rewarding for the way people normally play.

Resplendents definitely need a boost. They are always a disappointment.

Won

2 legs within the first 10 minutes of leveling my DH. At this point even the game tells me to stop bothering with the Crusader.

Boogdud

Yep. 3840x2160. The game runs great so I don't see why not.

Makes me wonder, are they ever going to fix the fact that you can't enforce antialiasing or variable vsync through the nvidia control panel? Because the in game antialiasing is terrible and the vsync is broken.

scy

For some people.

I've been doing rifts at higher t level for the paragon and the fun. I've been getting drops too. We were doing T3 last night. I was doing some solo T3 as well.

I mean if someone enjoys farming chests for a couple more legs an hour then so be it.

Personally, I do ~T2 to farm bounties solo (Normal if I just want to spam caches later), T3 (probably T4 soon) Rifts for EXP/fun, and CoA when those other two fail to get me drops / as a change of pace / I really want to watch something on the other monitor.

ZenaxPure

Yes, my gear sucks. I've only played for maybe an hour at level 70 and haven't even touched on rifts etc just yet. Just wanted to show that T1 is farmable with 200k dps or less if you stack the right +element and +skill gear.

Yeah, this is really worth pointing out. My barbarian currently only has 540k sheet dps but I can do torment 3 no problem. I have almost +90% fire skill damage and a ton of items that give proc damage. Thunderfury proc crits for 3 million, andarial crits for around 800k (got a low roll on it's weapon dmg :|), pox faulds tick for about 700k a second (not sure this one can crit), my firewalkers tick for 900k to 1 million, and I have the fan of knives shoulders but I can never tell how much damage those things are doing.

It's all pretty awesome how strong that stuff is.

taybul

Lower droprate for legs from chests, counter by increasing leg rate from resplendents.

Farming T6 CoA makes me feel so dirty. In under an hour on my DH I found 2/6 Marauder's set and a bifecta amulet (high dex, CHD/CHC), enchantable to tri (high dex, AS/CHD/CHC).

ferr

Lower droprate for legs from chests, counter by increasing leg rate from resplendents.

As long as it's countered. If they just straight up lower drop rates on chests and nothing more, then legit T6 players are being hindered unfairly because of some exploiters.

Insaniac

So maybe one of you guys can help me out: ever since Patch 2.0 I've been getting terrible framerate drops in certain areas, most notably in the Bridge of Korsik. My computer is able to maintain 60 frame per second during most intense battles, but the minute anything happenas at the bridge the game starts sputtering around 5-10 frames. Is there any fix for this?

J2d

I can't think of anything more annoying than playing with people that get set item after set item after set item after set item while I get shitty 2handed weapon that gets immediately salvage. Adding insult to injury I pretty much give those shitty legendaries to those people that need the souls to enchant their newly found good items/ RAGE

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I think the correct approach would be to not nerf it but make it comparatively worse by making something else better.

I think blizzard is scared that raising the amount of legendaries found will kill interest, but honestly the chances of getting what you want with the stats you want on a legendary is low enough that it could also kill interest to people that don't play for over 5 hours a day.

I'm really confused by the Hidden DPS with +% Fire Skill damage for example.
I have gloves, that lower my sheet DPS by 10%. But they have +20% Fire skills damage.
Do I do more or less damage with fireskills if I swap?

scy

I have gloves, that lower my sheet DPS by 10%. But they have +20% Fire skills damage.

You'd deal more damage. (100% - 10%) * (100% + 20%) = (90%) * (120%) = 108%.

Edit: Of course, if you have other multipliers it gets awkward but eh, there's the logic of it.

ferr

You do 10% less then 20% more to that. 100k reduced to 90k increased finally to 108k. Highly simplified here though.

Deadly

Definitely agree on Cursed/Resplendant and they said they'd be buffing them eventually. On the subject of nerfing though, is it truly necessary? You gotta consider that people are only farming this for legendaries and they're all BoA anyways. Should buff up everything else instead.

Kssio_Aug

Oh, I see!! Thanks!!
Sadly I still do not have both (neither that 1h, neither the Zunimassa set)... or maybe its best this way, I am still level 66 though, need to get those things at 70.

KePoW

Banned
Someone in a public game yesterday was telling us to open all Caches in T6, no matter where we got them from. He said it's a higher chance of Legendaries and Imperials.

Is that true or bologna?

Simple math.

Take skill damage % * char sheet dps.

ex. Explodinator does 500% dmg, my sheet damage is 100k
100k * 500 = 500K damage ( on average)

with gloves
500% dmg + 20% from gloves = 500 * 1.2 = 600% dmg
sheet dmg is 90k (100k - 10% you said) = 90 * 1.6 = 540k damage

The mage fist would be a dps upgrade for fire skills only. Im working on fixing my damage calculator. It shows char sheet dps and effective dps and skill damage. The problem is some modifiers are additive and others and multiplicative after the additive bonuses. Im working both jobs 4 days in a row, so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but Im close.

So let me get this straight:

We hate Blessed Hammers on Crusaders now?
I still find it the best AoE/DPS Wrath spender.

What am I doing wrong? (I also have a bracers that make me do 20%+ damage with Justice and Hammers + Blunt Passive)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arkanius-2489/hero/38472676

I use Hammers, although I find they're much better solo than in a group. They take a second to get going and when you have a team melting through groups quickly they rarely reach their potential.

I'm getting a bit lost stat wise,

On which stats should I be focussing on with my gear to start doing torment 1?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FeD-2651/hero/39105999

Crit chance, crit dmg, str, all resist, armor.

KePoW said:
Someone in a public game yesterday was telling us to open all Caches in T6, no matter where we got them from. He said it's a higher chance of Legendaries and Imperials.

Is that true or bologna?

I heard you could get higher tier gems but that was it and I've also heard they hotfixed it. Who knows.

Unfortunately Blizzard panders too much to the vocal group who cry for nerfs...in a noncompetitive fucking game. Ugh. Yes, nerf my partner's class because mine sucks; that'll TOTALLY make my boring horrible class more fun.

I might be biased but I don't think wizards are OP. They're just very versatile. Though they do have lot of skills to reduce their squishiness.

I do think the othre classes need to be buffed instead. I'd love to play on my monk but it's harder to get him to the point where I'm having as much fun as I do on my wizard.

Is that true or bologna?

I think that was/is fixed. Read a note on that a few pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom