• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
No, but you can join any of the guilds (that have room available) and connect to GAF community chat. But since the settings don't stick each time you log on, most people don't bother to connect.

Seriously, I put in a good effort to do that but it's just so easy to forget when you have a build you want to try out or whatever.

One huge problem I found out about for communities: they're split into chat channels once there are over 100 online at once (100 per channel). We don't have that problem yet, but the reddit community ran into it. Really annoying!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have the tower one gives me 14% more armor for 5 seconds its nice. The goal is Kulle-aid though.

Why are companion relics rolling my main stat, thats just ridiculous.

Known issue that's going to be fixed in a patch

The Cowboy

Question, how much resistance should i be aiming for - for Torment to begin with?. So far on my WD I'm building up decent Damage, Toughness & Health, but I'm curios on the resists i should be aiming for.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So do any of you guys have that ONE FRIEND who seems to get legendaries just for breathing?

I was doing rift farming for forgotten souls and he joins me, first mob we kill - legendary. I casually smack a barrel - Legendary for him. 4th elite pack we kill - legendary. End boss - legendary plans.

WHY

I wish this was an isolated incident, but it seriously happens every time we play together. To the point that it has become a running gag that "he's getting pissed because it's been 15 minutes since his last legendary" and that I must be his lucky charm.

I swear it makes me wonder if there is like some hidden value on your character that calculates the number of average legendaries per hour and some people just have a higher number than others. I could come up with a billion conspiracy theories for this but in the end he's just a lucky fucker.

eek5

I was doing low level farming on Sunday and TR+Inner Fire is hilarious. Running around and things all over the screen are getting hit by what looks like a SSS while they are up.

Edit: 6% damage ^^

I'm running a bit over 45% CDR right now and have a TR build that's working really well. I run fire SW when my epiphany is on cooldown and got my dmg high enough to basically one shot most stuff on normal. Basically running LTK, TR, SW, fire ally (for 10% dmg bonus), cyclone strike (fire) or SSS, epiphany fire rune

Also using momentum passive so I get dps boost when in TR.

I think I buff into 650k sheet w/ 20% fire bonus. I wish I could get some reaper's wraps w/ fire bonus

Ourobolus

Banned
So, I'm pretty sure that staff that gives you a chance for a random shrine effect whenever you kill a demon is bugged. Either that or the chance is astronomically low. I ran all around Acts 3 and 4 the other day doing bounties and not once got the proc.

kirblar

So, I'm pretty sure that staff that gives you a chance for a random shrine effect whenever you kill a demon is bugged. Either that or the chance is astronomically low. I ran all around Acts 3 and 4 the other day doing bounties and not once got the proc.
I don't think I ever got the proc on it.

I asked the other day and didn't catch an answer if there was one.

What program are you guys using to do GIF captures of your characters?

I just got and crafted the 4 pc Asheara set that summons all followers to your aid.
fqZsgfs.jpg

It's ok, kinda meh. They seem to stay up for about 20 seconds and has a cooldown of like 1 minute. I equipped them all up to over 200k dps.

wsippel

Banned
Question, how much resistance should i be aiming for - for Torment to begin with?. So far on my WD I'm building up decent Damage, Toughness & Health, but I'm curios on the resists i should be aiming for.
I think I started T1 with ~3m toughness and maybe 600 or 700 resistance. Bosses and elites were a bit problematic at times (especially wallers), everything else was fine. Except fucking winged assassins. Those assholes can still be a problem even at 4m toughness and 1300 resistance.

Dahbomb

The internal +10/+20% damage buffs really confuse me design-wise. Why go through all this effort to diversify, saying that the talent tree having "mandatory" bonuses is a problem, only to put this kind of thing in?
They always had skills like those it's just that now with +% elemental damage being such a big thing it benefits Wizards a lot.

Like for example... Monks don't have a "Gain +10% damage for all your Physical/Holy skills" type passive. Not that it would've mattered because their options for Holy/Physical are kinda bad anyway. Right now for Monks Fire is the best element follow by Lightning... everything else sort of sucks and yes I tried the Physical damage Monk to the best of my ability using various builds, I have have a Fist of Az and a Doombringer for the +% Physical skills. Wizards can use Cold, Lightning, Fire and Arcane very well.

Today I broke 2K all resistances on my Monk while having unbuffed 700K DPS along with various other nice Rares for other builds in the future. I also managed to get my Nemesis Bracer a 6.0 CC. Good day today.

I just REALLY want a Magefist/Cindercoat along with a Thundergod's Vigor. An Andariel's would be nice too.

scy

So do any of you guys have that ONE FRIEND who seems to get legendaries just for breathing?

There's always that one guy per night who gets a ton lol

Haha, well let's be clear, I'm retroactively making my statement "1 million crusader sheet dps *equivalent* for a wizard". Which is probably somewhere around 450k. ;)

:( Really, I think Crusader's raw numerical output is fine. For all of like one, maybe two, skills. The issue is the Wrath downtime in between coupled with the lackluster skills. Give me beta rates for Legendary drops and it'd probably be fine that so much fun stuff is locked on affixes. I mean, like half of the Legendary affixes are basically "that one skill you use, cast it again."

I just REALLY want a Magefist/Cindercoat along with a Thundergod's Vigor. An Andariel's would be nice too.

I'm sorry :(

Has anyone had any legendary gloves other than the Gladiator Gauntlets when gambling for gloves?

Because my mage has been gambling for them constantly, and so far I've had *4* copies of that one legendary and no other. The odds of that seem so astronomically small its not true.

Magefist, once I got that I salvaged Gladiator's Gauntlet so fast...

Also, got super lucky and picked up a Stone of Jordan yesterday, man that thing is great (even only got a take 6% more fire damage). Now I just need to roll it so that it has crit (cost 1 flawless imperial gem per roll...) and a cindercoat and I have my fire wizard

Today I broke 2K all resistances on my Monk while having unbuffed 700K DPS along with various other nice Rares for other builds in the future.

Profile? Also, how do you get 2k? I have 1250 with secondary resist on all armor (rares, not legendary) and 3 flawless imperial diamonds. Nice numbers.

I'm running a bit over 45% CDR right now and have a TR build that's working really well. I run fire SW when my epiphany is on cooldown and got my dmg high enough to basically one shot most stuff on normal. Basically running LTK, TR, SW, fire ally (for 10% dmg bonus), cyclone strike (fire) or SSS, epiphany fire rune

I think I buff into 650k sheet w/ 20% fire bonus. I wish I could get some reaper's wraps w/ fire bonus

Nice. So funny hitting something midscreen and seeing little monks hitting demons all over the screen. I should look into what the minimums are for running that in T1...

Achtius

I think ruined my andraiel visage haha. Wanted to change + physical damage to holy, but gave up mid way so it's vit now lol

Dahbomb

It can't be stressed on how crappy Falling Sword is as a skill for Crusader.

Let's see:

Resource Cost: 25 Wrath
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Damage: 1100% at 14 yards (Runes give marginal damage upgrades)
Has a start up of like 1-2 seconds where he jumps up and comes down.

Compared to Condemn:

Resource Cost: 0 Wrath
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Damage: 1160% damage at 15 yards (Runes give marginal damage upgrades)
Has a start up of 3 seconds.

Like WHAT THE FUCK happened here? There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to use Falling Sword over Condemn unless you happen to get that Legendary which allows you to use Falling Sword twice. Even then the equivalent Condemn Legendary is far superior. The only caveat that FS has over Condemn is that during the animation of the move you are invulnerable but in terms of efficiency is less than half as effective.

wsippel

Banned
I have a near perfect Cindercoat (+20% damage, -30% resource cost, great int roll) collecting dust. I just don't like fire skills. Too bad we can't trade. :/

It can't be stressed on how crappy Falling Sword is as a skill for Crusader.

Let's see:

Resource Cost: 25 Wrath
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Damage: 1100% at 14 yards (Runes give marginal damage upgrades)
Has a start up of like 1-2 seconds where he jumps up and comes down.

Compared to Condemn:

Resource Cost: 0 Wrath
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Damage: 1160% damage at 15 yards (Runes give marginal damage upgrades)
Has a start up of 3 seconds.

Like WHAT THE FUCK happened here? There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to use Falling Sword over Condemn unless you happen to get that Legendary which allows you to use Falling Sword twice. Even then the equivalent Condemn Legendary is far superior.

while lvling my crusader, I did use falling sword to jump over walls but yeah besides that, it was kinda useless

scy

Please don't get Condemn nerfed.

The Falling Sword gimmick is the few seconds of invulnerability you get for it. Yes, that was really hard to type with a straight face.

It does totally explain why Imperius only does it like three times during Act V and it's always with like a minute in between each use.

Dahbomb

I think Condemn is perfectly fine as a skill. I just think Falling Sword is butt cheeks.

Condemn is a 15 second nuke for 1000% damage. Even then it has a 3 second delay to use it and you have to in the middle of a pack to best use it (you can very much miss it and have it be wasted if say you get vortexed out or stunned). For under 10 seconds, I can spam my LTK skill 2 times and get the same damage for very low Spirit cost. It's only when you start putting CDR on your gear does Condemn start being a powerful skill but until then it's just fine... nothing OP.

Ashodin

I use Falling Sword for the invuln + placement.

Yep I said it.

Go back to your numbers nerds :3

edit: I just realized it has another feature I use it for - the knockback if you don't kill the target. When you use it, every target at the spot gets thrown away, which is GREAT to help break packs up to move through them.

scy

On that note, I'm a bit annoyed that most the Wrath spenders are priced as if we have Monk levels of generation :|

I suspect you/your buddy actually have decent Barb builds while using crap like hammers on the Crusaders.

I kind of want to group with more of GAF and see if I'm missing something on how bad things are ;__;

Ashodin

On that note, I'm a bit annoyed that most the Wrath spenders are priced as if we have Monk levels of generation :|

I kind of want to group with more of GAF and see if I'm missing something on how bad things are ;__;

Yeah I feel like the rate we fill is vastly slower than they think it should be. I also think the amount we generate needs to be higher overall on each generator, like 8 per, 10 with righteousness.

Dahbomb

More like everyone has their resource spenders priced like they are Wizards... except Wizards.

And as far as Monks go... only their LTK is good as a resource spender skill for pure damage. Wave of Light sucks so much now... it's like slightly more damage for more than twice the resource cost of LTK with much worse elemental variety. Tempest Rush is not viable in normal builds, Exploding Palm is more a utility skill (you don't spam it, you just tag like 2-3 targets at most... it's still best skill in the game but not for dumping your resources into). And that's it... that's Monks resource spending skills in a nutshell.

So like others I got back in after the expansion but man it sucks having no gold. All my friends who played off and on have 100s of millions, and the most I've had at any one time is 5 million. It wouldn't be so bad if gems were not necessary for enchanting, but I go bankrupt upgrading them for my gear let alone gambling them away. It seems like a gold sink that's more effective at punishing new/returning players then actually dealing with the crazy inflation that happened via the AH. My friends can't even gift any gold or gems to help me out either, I assume that got taken out 2.0 along with making almost everything BOA.

I see the suggestion about selling rares, so I'll try balancing out salvaging and selling. But man it's gotten to the point where my friends can't justify giving me side grade legendaries that drop for them since I can't afford to reroll the stats enough. This will probably make me stop playing more than crusader being so slow to gear up.

Brokun

What is up with lvl 70 recipes being bound to account? I play a monk and my wife plays a wizard. Within 10 minutes she got a legendary daibo recipe, and a legendary fist weapon recipe. Can't trade them to me. Can't craft them and trade them to me. She has no monk whatsoever. What in the hell?

20 mins later a legendary daibo drops for her, which she is able to trade to me. What is the difference Blizzard?

Man was I incensed.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
:( Really, I think Crusader's raw numerical output is fine. For all of like one, maybe two, skills. The issue is the Wrath downtime in between coupled with the lackluster skills. Give me beta rates for Legendary drops and it'd probably be fine that so much fun stuff is locked on affixes. I mean, like half of the Legendary affixes are basically "that one skill you use, cast it again."

I realllly feel like blade of prophecy is the one legendary that affect crusaders the most, and it's why I am still hunting down for one of those. I smell a real game changer when I come across it. Packs will disintegrate and I wonder if the rune that reduces CD of condemn by 1 second per target hit would trigger off the additional condemns.

This is interesting. I have those pants that increase resource and damage when moving.

Do you just use TR build to farm T1 caches?

scy

I realllly feel like blade of prophecy is the one legendary that affect crusaders the most, and it's why I am still hunting down for one of those. I smell a real game changer when I come across it. Packs will disintegrate and I wonder if the rune that reduces CD of condemn by 1 second per target hit would trigger off the additional condemns.

All of my shards go towards Two Handers. I will eventually get that or the Heaven's Fury Flail.

Or, well, blue items.

forrest

formerly nacire
Has anyone had any legendary gloves other than the Gladiator Gauntlets when gambling for gloves?

Because my mage has been gambling for them constantly, and so far I've had *4* copies of that one legendary and no other. The odds of that seem so astronomically small its not true.

I got a really nice pair of Magefist from gamblling with bloodshards

Trying out some public/group games I really don't see the point. I don't even notice any increase in drops.... and everything seems to take longer. Not shorter.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
All of my shards go towards Two Handers. I will eventually get that or the Heaven's Fury Flail.

Or, well, blue items.

Rofl, yeah this is my plan as well. So far I've gotten a Skorn, a Mortal Drama and a Zweihander in that order. They've each been an upgrade over the previous one so I'm PRAYING that will continue when I finally strike gold with the blade of prophecy.

Mortal Drama's bonus seems cool but that 60 second cool down is SUCH A BUMMER.

I hate cool downs longer than 30 seconds in diablo 3. It makes the class feel so sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom