• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I know a lot of you guys don't like Bombardment or Judgement, but I run both of those with their respective crit chance runes and I've even demolishing. I've got + 14% damage on Bombardment and my Clearing Sweep through some gear I got; and my CDR is almost +200%. It's a good build, but it needs it's CDR to thrive. I usually roll in with Condemn vacuum to suck dudes closer together, then judgement (which I'm pretty sure lets my whole team get higher crit chance on the effected enemies), and then Clearing Sweep to mop them up, with shield glare with Zeal to restore wrath. Combine that strat with bombardment and elites are a joke.

A build that benefits from having a full group a lot due to the judgement crit increase.

Been meaning to try Judgment out. I've got a lot of stuff pulling in enemies to me now (the neck, Condemn Vacuum) so Judgment will be able to hit multi targets quite effectively.

ALSO COME AT ME BROS
LaRG9dR.gif

This left hand? it's for holdin' me weapon.

Card Boy

Banned
My best drop so far from the expansion

PM2wlW6.png

So its interesting that rolling jewelery now takes blue, yellow and 1 leg material as well as flawless imperial gems, at least it doesn't cost any money besides these. Now I just need more Imperial Ametheysts to make more flawless and pray that dmg number either goes higher or goes to crit chance

This was a drop from Diablo 2.

hvbIX.png

I'm amazed i remembered that. I remember all the SoJ Trading rooms.

Giggzy

I know a lot of you guys don't like Bombardment or Judgement, but I run both of those with their respective crit chance runes and I've been demolishing. I've got + 14% damage on Bombardment and my Clearing Sweep through some gear I got; and my CDR is almost +200%. It's a good build, but it needs it's CDR to thrive. I usually roll in with Condemn vacuum to suck dudes closer together, then judgement (which I'm pretty sure lets my whole team get higher crit chance on the effected enemies), and then Clearing Sweep to mop them up, with shield glare with Zeal to restore wrath. Combine that strat with bombardment and elites are a joke.

A build that benefits from having a full group a lot due to the judgement crit increase.

I agree. I tried scy's build last night but it didn't work out too well for me. I'm probably not geared for it yet.

With bombardment though... Elites just melt. I too have 14% to bombardment damage and with my critical hit damage it smashes elites for 40+ million. I need waaaay more CDR though as once it's popped I don't do much damage after that if they don't die.

ViviOggi

I can't speak for Technosteve, but my buddy's an obsessive min-maxer who would've spec'd his Crusader to utilize the damage bonuses his gear afforded him (i.e. he's not a nub as you suggest).

You don't have to be a nub to miss the Crusader's by far best resource spender, Blizzard hid it well.

scy

I'm reminded that I need more people from NA GAF on my friends list so I can randomly fill rift run groups: scy#1745

I guess I should be happy they made it easy to reroll it into dex?

Hahahahaha, oh god.

I agree. I tried scy's build last night but it didn't work out too well for me. I'm probably not geared for it yet.

Possibly. The upside of Bombardment (and Judgment) based builds is that it trades gear dependancy, to an extent, for being cooldown gated a bit harder.

styl3s

This was a drop from Diablo 2.

hvbIX.png

I'm amazed i remembered that. I remember all the SoJ Trading rooms.
This was the currency in Diablo 2 till hacked SOJ/Charms and shit came along.

I remember people trading 40 SOJS for a windforce which looking back had a hilarious min-max damage. It was like 30-500.

kiaaa

With bombardment though... Elites just melt. I too have 14% to bombardment damage and with my critical hit damage it smashes elites for 40+ million. I need waaaay more CDR though as once it's popped I don't do much damage after that if they don't die.

Condemn/Hammer is enough DPS for me while Bombardment is on CD (40s with passive).

Takuan

I know a lot of you guys don't like Bombardment or Judgement, but I run both of those with their respective crit chance runes and I've been demolishing. I've got + 14% damage on Bombardment and my Clearing Sweep through some gear I got; and my CDR is almost +200%. It's a good build, but it needs it's CDR to thrive. I usually roll in with Condemn vacuum to suck dudes closer together, then judgement (which I'm pretty sure lets my whole team get higher crit chance on the effected enemies), and then Clearing Sweep to mop them up, with shield glare with Zeal to restore wrath. Combine that strat with bombardment and elites are a joke.

I was actually running both Judgment and Bombardment before switching to scy's build. I loved the damage from Bombardment, but didn't have the CDR to pop it frequently enough. Maybe I'll mess around with it when I get home since I'm geared significantly better now.

I'm reminded that I need more people from NA GAF on my friends list so I can randomly fill rift run groups: scy#1745

I must have missed you guys the past couple of days. Then again I have been doing a lot of cache farming. Need to get back to dem T3 runs. Dat xp

Ashodin

There's something I never considered before - the pets and you, once on a single target, do an insane amount of damage to it. Wow!

v0mitg0d

Ok GAF, I'm going to do it. I'm going to roll my first Sorcerer. There are a ton of builds out there (some way outdated though), but I'd rather ask you fine folks.

Whats a good Sorcerer build path? Anyone have a link to a post/thread?

Thanks in advanced!! :)

Ilive1up

are you guy's getting disconnected from game sessions? it's been happening quite often lately. was just about to hand in a bounty and boom, gone.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
are you guy's getting disconnected from game sessions? it's been happening quite often lately. was just about to hand in a bounty and boom, gone.

This was happening to me last night. I think it happened 3 or 4 times within an hour.

Strider

Ok GAF, I'm going to do it. I'm going to roll my first Sorcerer. There are a ton of builds out there (some way outdated though), but I'd rather ask you fine folks.

Whats a good Sorcerer build path? Anyone have a link to a post/thread?

Thanks in advanced!! :)

You must be from the future. Tell us all about the 2nd expansion

Atlantis

I believe it got stealth nerfed like a hotfix or patch recently. Used to spawn like 4-8 in a pack but now you'll likely get 2-3.

Turns out the issue for me was that the monsters were dying so quickly that the passive never had a chance to proc.

Maybe it's time for a difficulty increase.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
beacon 0.20
diamond 0.13
paragon 0.10
shoulders 0.08
gloves 0.08
helm (kekeg) 0.08
wep1 0.10
wep2 0.10
ring1 0.08
ring2 0.08
ammy 0.08
CC set 0.10
Born set 0.10

Total -- 72.15% CDR without Worship

Courtesy of Druin over at BoG :)

I double-checked the math on that and it actually came to 75.1 reduction, which is enough for 100% uptime on epiphany and serenity:ascension. Wicked endgame goal to work toward if it's true.

Code:
cooldown		100.0%
diamond		13%	87.0%
paragon		10%	78.3%
shoulders	8%	72.0%
gloves		8%	66.3%
helm		8%	61.0%
wep1		10%	54.9%
wep2		10%	49.4%
ring1		8%	45.4%
ring2		8%	41.8%
ammy		8%	38.5%
Beacon of Ytar	20%	30.8%
Cap'n C 2-set	10%	27.7%
Born's 3-set	10%	24.9%

eek5

I double-checked the math on that and it actually came to 75.1 reduction, which is enough for 100% uptime on epiphany and serenity:ascension. Wicked endgame goal to work toward if it's true.

Code:
cooldown		100.0%
diamond		13%	87.0%
paragon		10%	78.3%
shoulders	8%	72.0%
gloves		8%	66.3%
helm		8%	61.0%
wep1		10%	54.9%
wep2		10%	49.4%
ring1		8%	45.4%
ring2		8%	41.8%
ammy		8%	38.5%
Beacon of Ytar	20%	30.8%
Cap'n C 2-set	10%	27.7%
Born's 3-set	10%	24.9%

Shiiieeet.. this sounds amazing. Time to start collecting CDR pieces..

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Anyone know if +Fetish Army damage on gear affects fetishes summoned through the passive and/or gear?

Nope, that skill boost only affects the Fetish Army ones, not the passive or from Gidbinn. Check that big thread on it I linked a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom