• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1Ski

Went into a rift floor and much to my surprise between 15 and 20 treasure bandits were sitting around the entrance waiting for me!

In my excitement I triggered too many of them and only killed about six. It was probably one of the most exciting couple minutes I've had in this game as I ran around like a mad c**t trying to get those little f**kers while negotiating elites and champions!

Ashodin

All of my shards go towards Two Handers. I will eventually get that or the Heaven's Fury Flail.

Or, well, blue items.
Currently farming Kadala for Andariel's Visage. That plus Scourge proc will be ridiculous damage up close.

Also I could totally see condemn getting nerfed. It's probably not in line with their vision of a slow moving tank class.

scy

Rofl, yeah this is my plan as well. So far I've gotten a Skorn, a Mortal Drama and a Zweihander in that order. They've each been an upgrade over the previous one so I'm PRAYING that will continue when I finally strike gold with the blade of prophecy.

I've gotten one Legendary in like 9000 shards.

A Ball of Hate for my Wizard after like two gambles.

Strider

Trying out some public/group games I really don't see the point. I don't even notice any increase in drops.... and everything seems to take longer. Not shorter.

I find in public games people are really likely to pick difficulties they aren't ready for so they can be carried through it and get extra exp.

That's probably what happened to you and why it was going so slow.

Dahbomb

Currently farming Kadala for Andariel's Visage. That plus Scourge proc will be ridiculous damage up close.

Also I could totally see condemn getting nerfed. It's probably not in line with their vision of a slow moving tank class.
That makes no sense... Condemn as a skill is the very definition of a "slow moving tank" type skill.

If Blizzard will nerf Condemn it's because it makes the other Crusader skills look like crap when in fact it's one of the few Crusader skills that is actually decent.

Takuan

Re: Falling Sword it's a damned shame is sucks so badly. Visually, it's my favorite Crusader move and the fact that it works like Leap is extra bad-ass. I suspect they will tweak it to be good, eventually.

I suspect you/your buddy actually have decent Barb builds while using crap like hammers on the Crusaders.
I can't speak for Technosteve, but my buddy's an obsessive min-maxer who would've spec'd his Crusader to utilize the damage bonuses his gear afforded him (i.e. he's not a nub as you suggest).

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know what would be awesome, if falling sword had no cool down and we could just use it as a Wrath dump. I would be in love if we could do that, actually you know what even if the cool down was reduced to 15 seconds to match condemns, it would still be a fantastic wrath dump considering how slowly we build wrath.

I've gotten one Legendary in like 9000 shards.

A Ball of Hate for my Wizard after like two gambles.

My condolences ;__;

I find in public games people are really likely to pick difficulties they aren't ready for so they can be carried through it and get extra exp.

That's probably what happened to you and why it was going so slow.

Yeah if you're in a full group of properly geared people for your difficulty, things go SOOOO much faster than solo.

Its so pathetic, I'm in class and all I want to do is play more Diablo...so right now I'm just lurking this thread until I get home >_<

Dahbomb

Would be too good as a Wrath dump. 25 wrath for 1000% damage? That's OP.

They should just up the damage to 2000% (aka "so we doubled it). It would still not be as good as Condemn but it won't be total shit either.

Trying out some public/group games I really don't see the point. I don't even notice any increase in drops.... and everything seems to take longer. Not shorter.

It's just more fun with more people imo. Not to mention the xp/gold boost when playing with other people. If it takes to long, then your group doesn't have enough DPS and you should probably lower the difficulty. With the right group on Torment 1 or 2, everything is facerolled. No time at all.

Takuan

It's just more fun with more people imo. Not to mention the xp/gold boost when playing with other people. If it takes to long, then your group doesn't have enough DPS and you should probably lower the difficulty. With the right group on Torment 1 or 2, everything is facerolled. No time at all.

I ran a few T1 rifts with GAFMAX and while I felt mostly worthless it was fun, quick, and netted me a few paragon levels and equipment upgrades.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Would be too good as a Wrath dump. 25 wrath for 1000% damage? That's OP.

They should just up the damage to 2000% (aka "so we doubled it). It would still not be as good as Condemn but it won't be total shit either.

I don't think so, not with a shortish cool down on it. 25 wrath and 10 second CD AND a 2 second delay for only 1000% weapon damage. Meanwhile you could dump 3 400% weapon damage sweeps for 60 wrath and do 1200% weapon damage in almost the same time it takes for one falling sword to land.

scy

Wow. I got two last night from her with like 300 shards.

pls stop ;__;

I don't think so, not with a shortish cool down on it. 25 wrath and 10 second CD AND a 2 second delay on the damage? For 1000% weapon damage you could dump 3 400% weapon damage sweeps for 60 wrath and do 1200% weapon damage in almost the same time it takes for one falling sword to land.

This is why Condemn is so good: You lose zero DPS time actually using it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Last night my Crusader stood in the middle of 4 arcane beams and only lost like 1/5 of his health, which he gained right back.

Insane.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This is why Condemn is so good: You lose zero DPS time actually using it.

Yep, Condemn is kind of how I wish more of the Crusader's cool downs work. Just a nice bonus you pop while doing your thing. I love heaven's fury with its 20 sec CD for big burst damage too, but unfortunately it interrupts attacking booo.

Dahbomb

I don't think so, not with a shortish cool down on it. 25 wrath and 10 second CD AND a 2 second delay on the damage? For 1000% weapon damage you could dump 3 400% weapon damage sweeps for 60 wrath and do 1200% weapon damage in almost the same time it takes for one falling sword to land.
Well you didn't specify it would still have a cooldown... when people say Wrath dump they mean skills that have no cooldown but have resource cost.

Quite frankly skills should either have long cooldown or resource cost not both. Like Rain of Vengeance is a CD only skill no cost. The 25 Wrath for Falling Sword is almost never an issue, it's the CD on it... the cost is just a minor inconvenience. You can remove the Wrath cost completely and it would still be shit.

Now back to your example... at 10 second CD Falling Sword is now a better Condemn. I wouldn't be against it though.

scy

Now back to your example... at 10 second CD Falling Sword is now a better Condemn. I wouldn't be against that personally but it makes Condemn much less appealing in comparison.

I'd have to do the actual math but I'm pretty sure this would still make Falling Sword overall less damage as I'm not attacking during those few seconds. Plus, I usually prime Condemn when going from pack to pack so the windup there isn't usually relevant.

Tom Penny

Is the odds of getting a leg using shards the same regardless of what you choose to try to get lucky? My weapons suck and I've used a ton on 1h and gotten zip. At least rings are often enchantable to trifecta or something.

Dahbomb

Yea I edited my post and realized that they actually end up being around the same. You have 5 second less CD on Falling Sword but you can't attack during it like you can with Condemn.

I would be for this change. I still think my 2000% damage Falling Sword would make it usable.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well you didn't specify it would still have a cooldown... when people say Wrath dump they mean skills that have no cooldown but have resource cost.

Quite frankly skills should either have long cooldown or resource cost not both. Like Rain of Vengeance is a CD only skill no cost. The 25 Wrath for Falling Sword is almost never an issue, it's the CD on it... the cost is just a minor inconvenience. You can remove the Wrath cost completely and it would still be shit.

Now back to your example... at 10 second CD Falling Sword is now a better Condemn. I wouldn't be against that personally but it makes Condemn much less appealing in comparison.

Lol yeah sorry I should have made that distinction, honestly if our wrath dumps did triple the damage and triple the bonuses with a short 5-8 sec CD on them it would make Crusaders more bursty and would make wrath generation more bareable lmao. I don't think it would make Condemn unappealing because I always looved the neat synergy that condemn and falling sword had, either precharge a condemn and then falling sword land with condemn burst going off at the same time OR using condemn vacuum to pull everything into one spot then falling swording that area.

I'd LOVE to be able to use falling sword a lot more.

My best drop so far from the expansion

PM2wlW6.png

So its interesting that rolling jewelery now takes blue, yellow and 1 leg material as well as flawless imperial gems, at least it doesn't cost any money besides these. Now I just need more Imperial Ametheysts to make more flawless and pray that dmg number either goes higher or goes to crit chance

scy

I think part of what works for me for Crusader is that in Rift groups, I usually leave the last 1-2 mobs of a pack to go prep the next pull. That means I get to Condemn them together and drop my Wrath and let the rest of the group get there. Then I go off and repeat the process. When soloing, I just run past stuff with Condemn going, turn and burn when it pops, rinse, repeat. Things time out really well this way and let me just bomb as many things as I can find in one go since I have so much AoE damage.

Yea I edited my post and realized that they actually end up being around the same. You have 5 second less CD on Falling Sword but you can't attack during it like you can with Condemn.

I would be for this change. I still think my 2000% damage Falling Sword would make it usable.

Possibly. There's also the case of the Runes for Falling Sword that potentially add more damage overall than any of the Condemn runes do.

Ashodin

Why does it seem like everyone rerolled to Wizard?

because everyone did

Also Re: Condemn. Using it with Falling Sword at the same time is so much fun (if you're not worried about vacuuming up enemies at the time. If you use both, and jump at the right time, it will deal damage with Falling Sword when you land, or even in the middle (!) of the animation!

IceMarker

I think Crusader will be fine with a ton of number tweaks. Most skills are either no-wrath/long-cooldown or large-wrath-cost/no-cooldown with a very few skills in the middle. Not to mention some weird damage numbers.

Hammerdin build working out just fine if you stack +hammer and +holy damage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Everyone already answered "because they did", but the real answer is "because it's the best class"

Fun-factor removed, you are just able to get higher damage and toughness on a wizard than any other class given equal gear levels.

Dahbomb

I don't think fun factor is removed because Wizard is actually a fun and varied class to play. I was in a group with 3 Wizards and all 3 were using different builds. One was using a fire explosive blast build (due to a Legendary), another one the standard Frozen Orb but with Tal Rasha full set (meteors everywhere) and a 3rd one with an Arcane Torrent build.

Vade

Everyone already answered "because they did", but the real answer is "because it's the best class"

Fun-factor removed, you are just able to get higher damage and toughness on a wizard than any other class given equal gear levels.

Standing in Fire/Lasers/Poison/Ice is more effective than moving because you have a god-like passive, also your primary stat gives you all-resist.

The best part is when they nerf wizards the real OP hero WITCH DOCTOR will come to light, good thing no one actually plays that.

Created my wizard back in June of 2012 when the Critical Mass build was all the rage and was tons of fun. Based on using CM to reset the cooldowns on your skills so you could constantly spam diamond skin and all these melee range AOE skills that just melted enemies.

That, of course, has since been removed from the game. So I just moved on to another wizard build. It's a very versatile and fun class.

I also have a monk and DH. Both are fun but I found they were harder to make viable. Probably easier now that you can actually get good gear for your class to drop. I may try them again some day.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't think fun factor is removed because Wizard is actually a fun and varied class to play. I was in a group with 3 Wizards and all 3 were using different builds. One was using a fire explosive blast build (due to a Legendary), another one the standard Frozen Orb but with Tal Rasha full set (meteors everywhere) and a 3rd one with an Arcane Torrent build.

I wasn't saying fun factor IS removed, I was saying that if you remove it from the equation (IE, "all things being equal") that Wizard is the best class based on how high numbers equal more effective.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know as far as Falling Sword goes I'd be fine with it doing 775% weapon damage and having no cool down at 25 wrath

The delay means that the damage value is over all cut in half so 400ish weapon damage for 25 wrath feels about right. Especially since the delay is basically a hidden cool down...unless you could precast it while you're in the air which could lead to SOME REALLY COOL THINGS. Anyone with the legendary know if you can do this?

Ashodin

You know as far as Falling Sword goes I'd be fine with it doing 775% weapon damage and having no cool down at 25 wrath

The delay means that the damage value is over all cut in half so 400ish weapon damage for 25 wrath feels about right. Especially since the delay is basically a hidden cool down...unless you could precast it while you're in the air which could lead to SOME REALLY COOL THINGS. Anyone with the legendary know if you can do this?

bzz. When you're in the air, all skills are locked until landing.

Gaz_RB

I know a lot of you guys don't like Bombardment or Judgement, but I run both of those with their respective crit chance runes and I've been demolishing. I've got + 14% damage on Bombardment and my Clearing Sweep through some gear I got; and my CDR is almost +200%. It's a good build, but it needs it's CDR to thrive. I usually roll in with Condemn vacuum to suck dudes closer together, then judgement (which I'm pretty sure lets my whole team get higher crit chance on the effected enemies), and then Clearing Sweep to mop them up, with shield glare with Zeal to restore wrath. Combine that strat with bombardment and elites are a joke.

A build that benefits from having a full group a lot due to the judgement crit increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom