• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalCore

gwBeaah.jpg

Pretty huge DPS upgrade for me dropped in the last hour. Super stoked with it. Pushes my +Fire% over 50%. Now I can easily tear through T1 using my Tempest Rush/Maximus build.

satori

Hey guys I just started playing again after a long long break. Anyways I decided to play hardcore mode. A quick question, what happens if you get dc/pc crash etc? I just got to the second act playing on expert. Cleared the field and my net died for just a second. When I log back on, I was in town etc. Does the game kicks you asap or was it like back in D2 where it was like a 10 second delay before they kick you from the server?

Seth C

So are blood shards supposed to be completely useless? They just seem like a really inconvenient means of gaining gold.

Dahbomb

I double-checked the math on that and it actually came to 75.1 reduction, which is enough for 100% uptime on epiphany and serenity:ascension. Wicked endgame goal to work toward if it's true.

Code:
cooldown		100.0%
diamond		13%	87.0%
paragon		10%	78.3%
shoulders	8%	72.0%
gloves		8%	66.3%
helm		8%	61.0%
wep1		10%	54.9%
wep2		10%	49.4%
ring1		8%	45.4%
ring2		8%	41.8%
ammy		8%	38.5%
Beacon of Ytar	20%	30.8%
Cap'n C 2-set	10%	27.7%
Born's 3-set	10%	24.9%
God DAYUM this is INSANE!

Permanent Super Saiyan form plus permanent invulnerability.

Ikon

I heard something about act specific legendaries, is that really a thing? You people getting magefists, in which act did you get it?

So are blood shards supposed to be completely useless? They just seem like a really inconvenient means of gaining gold.

How do you get gold form shards?

Selling the items you get?

There IS a chance to get legendaries but it's very small.

It's a way to gamble for legendaries and turn those rares into gold, yea

It's not really gambling. There's no risk. There's nothing else you can do with them.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I heard something about act specific legendaries, is that really a thing? You people getting magefists, in which act did you get it?

There are act specific bounty bag legendaries, but not random drops. They had talked about boss specific drops like butcher's carver, but I don't think they every implemented it.

Cipherr

Why does it seem like everyone rerolled to Wizard?

They sorta did. I put my wiz on hold at 1.25 million dps and 6m toughness to play my DH currently. I would LIKE to play another class but the Wizard is ridiculously well built. Tons of elemental choices, skills and passives are fantastic... Its just a better class than all the others by miles. Stuff like the Wiz Spike that can make your Frozen orb fire 2 additional ones at the same cost? Thats absolutely ridiculous. Its far and away superior to other classes in all areas, From gear, to effectiveness at low gear levels to passives to power.

Standing in Fire/Lasers/Poison/Ice is more effective than moving because you have a god-like passive, also your primary stat gives you all-resist.

The best part is when they nerf wizards the real OP hero WITCH DOCTOR will come to light, good thing no one actually plays that.

I would play my WD if I could stand the way it plays. I hate the mana spenders and all of the mana generators, feels horrible to play.

Ultratech

You can get legendaries from her? Wow. What are the odds of that? I've turned about 1000 of them into useless rares.

I joked they must've decreased the leg rate from her, because all I hear is that nobody's really gotten much (without pouring a ton of Blood Shards into it).

lexi

Banned
I am a bit concerned about the general vibe suggesting that Wizard will be nerfed. I think some re-balancing would be fine, but Blizzard doesn't do that -- they will make the class completely useless and remove the diversity of builds and skills.

Luckily I'm having a lot of fun on my DH atm too, so there is a backup plan.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Leveling exploit time?
Leveling exploit time!

Go to adventure mode on t6, go to act 3, tp to rakkis crossing move forward to see if you see the crazy climber quest (not a bounty 1 in 5 chance to spawn). Hand it in, bam 10mil xp.

I went from 60-66 in 25 minutes?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man I get so salty seeing people getting like 8 legs at once from caches. I've done split normal farming a couple times, like 70+ bags and not a single legendary. The only legendaries from bounty bags I've gotten are one Pride's Fall and 2 DH Cloaks (on my fucking crusader) and those were from T1. Farmed T1 bounties for hours today and not a damn thing. God damn it. Today was a bad day for loot in my neck of the woods, GAF. Then Ursus joins my game and immediately gets that Flail that gives 2 extra beams of Heaven's Ray (or w/e it's called). THE SALT OF THE EARTH. ALL OF IT.

Ashodin

I am a bit concerned about the general vibe suggesting that Wizard will be nerfed. I think some re-balancing would be fine, but Blizzard doesn't do that -- they will make the class completely useless and remove the diversity of builds and skills.

Let's be reel here: the wizard getting bodied soon.

Dahbomb

The odds have to be around 1 to 2000 shards at best. I have put in many more shards than that without any Legendary.

That said I have almost two tabs filled with very good Rares. About 6-7 trifecta rings and 3-4 trifecta amulets. And a bunch of armors with the right stats. Basically while playing my Monk I have also geared up my DH at a basic level while having 3 different types of Monk builds (Fire Monk, Lightning Monk and Physical Monk).

Gambler is a very easy way to deck out your character with top tier Rares. Aside from my two weapons... ALL of my equipped tems on my main are Rares. My DH just has an extra Legendary Bracer and I have a Set Belt that I use for a Deadly Reach build.

kirblar

They're really out of line with the other classes due to the massive flat multiplier they can buff their spells with even before they touch an elemental class.

gwBeaah.jpg

Pretty huge DPS upgrade for me dropped in the last hour. Super stoked with it. Pushes my +Fire% over 50%. Now I can easily tear through T1 using my Tempest Rush/Maximus build.

I need these both Dex and Intel for my Fire monk, Cluster Arrow DH, Fire Wiz and Firebats WD.

I wish we could clone items haha

Wizard's for the most part have horrible survivability. They need to counter that with high DPS. You really think the devs just like the Wizard the best and that's why they have +dmg to skill spells? I mean the writing is on the wall. They have a passive that adds damage but reduces resistances. C'mon now.

edit:
My only character I played for the entire duration of Vanilla was a Wizard. 500+ hours. Shocking, I know.
But she is still level 60, haven't touched her since a week before RoS launched.

Dahbomb

Wizard's for the most part have horrible survivability. They need to counter that with high DPS. You really think the devs just like the Wizard the best and that's why they have +dmg to skill spells? I mean the writing is on the wall. They have a passive that adds damage but reduces resistances. C'mon now.
Wizards have like WAY higher survivability than DHs and almost as high as Monks.

If Wizards actually specced to a more defensive build they would be almost as tanky as Monks or at least be really hard to kill. But no one does that because their base survivability is decent enough and their damage output is high enough to wipe mobs before they take any damage.

Basically 7000 Intelligence >>>>> 7000 Dexterity in terms of survivability.

Jin

I haven't had an upgrade for my barbarian drop in almost a week now, and that's the only character I play.

NVM misread.

Bro link your gear. I have a hard time believing that. You must have tippity top tier gear if you don't get an upgrade for a week (or you play like an hour a day).

I got a messerschmidt axe,2672 dps last friday. Not a single leg weapon drop since then.

Dahbomb

I haven't had an upgrade for my barbarian drop in almost a week now, and that's the only character I play.
Bro link your gear. I have a hard time believing that. You must have tippity top tier gear if you don't get an upgrade for a week (or you play like an hour a day).

Cipherr

Mmmhmm, the nerf is coming, they will wait for the expansion to cool a bit though, so theres time. They want to enjoy the great word of mouth from everyone for a while longer lol. Wiz just has to many good things. All the passives and skills that increase your damage by a %. Its kinda crazy.

I think EVERY class needs to be brought up to par with wizards not have wizards brought down.

Yeah, but thats the battlecry of all great classes in all online games forever, going back to everquest and IRC chat rooms discussing class balance. Developers never do it though, never. Much less work to just nerf a class into oblivion.

edit:
My only character I played for the entire duration of Vanilla was a Wizard. 500+ hours. Shocking, I know.
But she is still level 60, haven't touched her since a week before RoS launched.

It's not just their damage. It's the variation of ways to do damage coupled with the ease of getting there.

Seriously, look at my playtime on my wiz. It's T2 solo'able with very little effort.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the class nerfed. I just rolled one. I would like to see some buffs to other classes though.

DEO3

Did they boost the drop rate on Death's Breaths at some point? I remember the first couple of days the game was out I'd burn through them as quickly as they dropped, but now I've got 100+ of them. Perhaps upgrades are simply much fewer and far between for me now, and thus I have less need of them.

Dahbomb

I wouldn't expect any balance changes until the Ladder patch. They are just focusing on bug and exploit fixes for now. Maybe they will "fix" Frozen Orb but that won't dethrone the class at all.

Just picked this up earlier today... And I've a question: Is it recommended to use your existing character(s)? Or is it better to just start fresh?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tzo-krins-gaze

Got one of these to drop and totally misread "Wave of Light is now cast at your enemy." as "random bells will fly". It apparently means you can cast bells on distant enemies. So disappointed (I don't use bells).

Just picked this up earlier today... And I've a question: Is it recommended to use your existing character(s)? Or is it better to just start fresh?

Edit: I've stuck with my monk. I keep saying I'm going to roll another class, but I haven't yet.

So maybe one of you guys can help me out: ever since Patch 2.0 I've been getting terrible framerate drops in certain areas, most notably in the Bridge of Korsik. My computer is able to maintain 60 frame per second during most intense battles, but the minute anything happenas at the bridge the game starts sputtering around 5-10 frames. Is there any fix for this?
Do you happen to have an nVidia card? Me and a friend, both with GeForce 600 series cards, experience the same thing. Whereas my other friend, with an AMD card has the same area running as smooth as butter. I saw this first-hand at a LAN I Had last weekend. It is troubling, to say the least, as my machine is anything but underpowered, especially for this game.

Vee_One

Do you happen to have an nVidia card? Me and a friend, both with GeForce 600 series cards, experience the same thing. Whereas my other friend, with an AMD card has the same area running as smooth as butter. I saw this first-hand at a LAN I Had last weekend. It is troubling, to say the least, as my machine is anything but underpowered, especially for this game.

I changed both frame rates to 60 and that seems to help a bit but yeah, I have had the same thing. Not sure what is going on

Cipherr

edit:

lol. Level your wizard. The survivability is not awful, not by a long shot. Even with glass cannon, 7K int + Ice shield so everything that hits you freezes everything else in the area + high damage + Blackhole CC or Teleport (or both!) + passives that can GREATLY increase your survivability if you need them = Wizards survive just fine. Most are CHOOSING to forego survivability, but that doesn't mean we don't have it.

Seriously, level your wizard to 70 and give it a week of hardcore gear grinding and top level gems, then come back and tell me they are paper cannons. Noone is saying its a Blizzard conspiracy, these balance issues happen at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom