• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Just picked this up earlier today... And I've a question: Is it recommended to use your existing character(s)? Or is it better to just start fresh?

Depends on if you want you relearn your class or make a new one. Either way, you'll need to complete Act 5 before unlocking the new adventure mode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Patch 2.01 broke externally forcing vSync, which was a big deal for people with 120/144Hz monitors, and those of us who get stuttering while using the in-game option. Well, I've found that RadeonPro works, for both AMD and Nvidia. No idea why it works when Nvidia Inspector, NVCP and AMDCP didn't, but I'll take it.

Wizards have like WAY higher survivability than DHs and almost as high as Monks.

If Wizards actually specced to a more defensive build they would be almost as tanky as Monks or at least be really hard to kill. But no one does that because their base survivability is decent enough and their damage output is high enough to wipe mobs before they take any damage.

Basically 7000 Intelligence >>>>> 7000 Dexterity in terms of survivability.

Wizards, if played correctly, are really hard to kill.
I changed around by build a bit and went from 1-2 deaths at the hands of arcane sentries to 0.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Icebyrd-1362/hero/951879

Need a better Wizard weapon, though. Will take a Wizardspike, Chantodo, or another godly Thunderblade.

I think EVERY class needs to be brought up to par with wizards not have wizards brought down.

While I agree, that takes work, time and dedication and let's face it...it's Blizzard we're talking about. It's much quicker for them to simply break shit than it is to build shit.

Why people are asking for nerfs in a game with absolutely no competitive aspect? I have no clue. Shit you don't even fight over loot. And it's not like bringing down wizards is going to make X class suck less ass. Nerfing wizards isn't going to do anything to fix the underlying issues with class X at all. We'll all just suck ass together.

Tom Penny

Got this from a Shard. My first decent 1 hander..how sad is that? Anything worth enchanting to maximize it?

Got this too..too bad not 20% lighting.

I also got shard of hate..Blizz rolled me strength for my monk :(

Still and Ice Cube day :)

dengatron

scourge either does a ton of damage or no damage at all. can't seem to tell. it's radius is next to nothing.. not like it matters. i'm stuck with broken op maximus until a blade of prophecy or fate of the fell drops.

While I agree, that takes work, time and dedication and let's face it...it's Blizzard we're talking about. It's much quicker for them to simply break shit than it is to build shit.

Why people are asking for nerfs in a game with absolutely no competitive aspect? I have no clue. Shit you don't even fight over loot. And it's not like bringing down wizards is going to make X class suck less ass. Nerfing wizards isn't going to do anything to fix the underlying issues with class X at all. We'll all just suck ass together.

They pretty much redid Wizards from the ground up after the crit mass nerf. Wanton nerfing would be idiotic. As you said though, it's Blizzard.

scy

In a perfect world, they'll buff underused skills some and probably bring Orb down a notch to keep it with the other options.

There's probably a lot of wishful thinking somewhere in that.

They pretty much redid Wizards from the ground up after the crit mass nerf. Wanton nerfing would be idiotic. As you said though, it's Blizzard.

Yea, I always assume the worse with blizzard when it comes to class balance based off my experiences in WoW. But at least in wow it made sense since there was a huge competitive aspect and a much more robust cooperative aspect neither of which are in Diablo 3 to any significant degree.

Hatchtag

Banned
I've been playing the starter version at incredibly low (if not lowest) setting and averaging 10-19 FPS. It's playable enough to me so far (at level seven), but think I'll be able to keep playing with this framerate, or does it become much more action heavy later?

Got a Mad Monarch Scepter from my Act 1 farms....and no socket! So i spent like 12 Forgotten Souls on it...and still no socket! Oh well, back to T2 rift parties to collect FS.

I've been playing the starter version at incredibly low (if not lowest) setting and averaging 10-19 FPS. It's playable enough to me so far (at level seven), but think I'll be able to keep playing with this framerate, or does it become much more action heavy later?

The graphic effects gets more and more crazy at higher levels. 1 wizard joining your game will probably drop your fps to 5.

Boogdud

Leveling exploit time?
Leveling exploit time!

Go to adventure mode on t6, go to act 3, tp to rakkis crossing move forward to see if you see the crazy climber quest (not a bounty 1 in 5 chance to spawn). Hand it in, bam 10mil xp.

I went from 60-66 in 25 minutes?

I went from 1 to 70 in just over 5 hours. It was a terrible 5 hours but yeah. You didn't hear that from me.

Strider

Is it a known thing that Briarthorn Cemetery is the best place to get the white ascended items for crafting?

The only items that drop from there are ascended whites. Racks in other acts drop all types of whites from what I've seen but this is guaranteed.

I'm super impressed with armor design and overall look of the characters in Reaper:

0UKqU8Z.png

She looks like such an ass kicker!

Edit: Also I'm not sure how you guys are getting super clean shots. My settings are maxed and she still looks aliased as all hell.

Everything is rolled really good for a base item. I don't know if you can reroll the crit damage since its the unique affix on that item, but the flat +damage roll is low for a 1h weapon. That can roll up to 1490 for the top end flat damage bonus. Reroll that and it could break 2500 DPS.

Dahbomb

That Barber is really nice.

The only thing I would roll on it is the damage value (1037-1276). I am not sure what the values for daggers are though but it can probably go a bit higher.

lol. Level your wizard. The survivability is not awful, not by a long shot. Even with glass cannon, 7K int + Ice shield so everything that hits you freezes everything else in the area + high damage + Blackhole CC or Teleport (or both!) + passives that can GREATLY increase your survivability if you need them = Wizards survive just fine. Most are CHOOSING to forego survivability, but that doesn't mean we don't have it.

Seriously, level your wizard to 70 and give it a week of hardcore gear grinding and top level gems, then come back and tell me they are paper cannons. Noone is saying its a Blizzard conspiracy, these balance issues happen at random.

Alright, alright. That is fair enough. Didn't think about how different it actually is at level 70.

Boogdud

4-5 rifts with gaf, 0 legs.

This game!

I did the same exact thing. 5 in a row and not a damn thing. My wd has one leg equipped and all yellows. Frustrating as hell. I've had terrible luck since ros launched. I did get a leg earlier though, an effing recipe for a wand...

I did the same exact thing. 5 in a row and not a damn thing. My wd has one leg equipped and all yellows. Frustrating as hell. I've had terrible luck since ros launched. I did get a leg earlier though, an effing recipe for a wand...
All I get are plans lately but when I was power leveling people got a bunch of drops all worthless for my level of course

foladar

Do you happen to have an nVidia card? Me and a friend, both with GeForce 600 series cards, experience the same thing. Whereas my other friend, with an AMD card has the same area running as smooth as butter. I saw this first-hand at a LAN I Had last weekend. It is troubling, to say the least, as my machine is anything but underpowered, especially for this game.

I have the same issue with an AMD card. Bridge mostly, but also sometimes in rifts when notifications pop up.

Wizard's for the most part have horrible survivability. They need to counter that with high DPS. You really think the devs just like the Wizard the best and that's why they have +dmg to skill spells? I mean the writing is on the wall. They have a passive that adds damage but reduces resistances. C'mon now.

edit:
My only character I played for the entire duration of Vanilla was a Wizard. 500+ hours. Shocking, I know.
But she is still level 60, haven't touched her since a week before RoS launched.

We really don't.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Finally broke Level 60 and started getting decent gear.

This guy is starting to look like something. 1.6M Toughness, 70k damage.

And knowing that he can use this monster of a weapon with one hand is freaking ridiculous! I love it!

EDIT: Should textures look this bad?

XenodudeX

I think it's safe the say now that the Crusader class is seriously under powered compared to the rest of the classes.

Their wrath spenders are fucking terrible: High cost and low damage

Their generators are boring and generate too little wrath.

Ugh, I really wanted this class to be my main since I love Paladin classes, but I think I'll just play my WD until they buff them. If they ever buff them.

scy

Heaven's Fury with Fires of Heaven is one of the better Cost:Damage ratios around.

But, yeah, basically the rest of their skills are fairly meh. Gives them a limited set of really good skills right now since most aren't really usable.

Arkanius

Finally broke Level 60 and started getting decent gear.

This guy is starting to look like something. 1.6M Toughness, 70k damage.

And knowing that he can use this monster of a weapon with one hand is freaking ridiculous! I love it!

EDIT: Should textures look this bad?

Textures also look really bad for me in the pause screen. Dunno if it's as intended

Kssio_Aug

Just reached level 70 with Witch Doctor!
Damn!! Such a nice class with that "Piranhas" skill!! o_O Even with only 175k dps I was doing lots of damage.
I were thinking on transfering my Wiz gear to him, but I really like both, so, I think I will just try to drop propper equip for him. Hope I can find that Mad Monarch's or Thunderfury soon!!

Just opened up all 5 caches from Torment 2. Didn't get jack monkey squat.

Ugh.

On the bright side, I breezed through it. Some elites were a pain but overall pretty much the same as Torment 1. Even Malthael died quickly.

Any room in the US GAF clan? Just dinged lvl 70 earlier tonight and I'm hooked. Would be nice to have some gaffers to play with when Im on.

SirGarbgeman#1552

Thanks

valeo

Heaven's Fury with Fires of Heaven is one of the better Cost:Damage ratios around.

But, yeah, basically the rest of their skills are fairly meh. Gives them a limited set of really good skills right now since most aren't really usable.

This is the one thing Jay Wilson and co got right - a bunch of interesting, easily interchangeable, viscerally interesting skills. Perhaps the new team didn't know how to design it properly.

I think it's safe the say now that the Crusader class is seriously under powered compared to the rest of the classes.

Their generators are boring and generate too little wrath.

Ugh, I really wanted this class to be my main since I love Paladin classes, but I think I'll just play my WD until they buff them. If they ever buff them.

Nerf every other class down to Crusader level!

scy

This is the one thing Jay Wilson and co got right - a bunch of interesting, easily interchangeable, viscerally interesting skills. Perhaps the new team didn't know how to design it properly.

I think some of the skills are interesting. They just don't do enough damage yet. Or the right Elements. Or are half the Shield Bash runes.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I know you're a wizard defender and all, but wizzies should be brought down a bit and crusaders should be brought up.

Yes please. I'm surprised the 'frozen orb hitting 3 times' thing hasn't been modified yet.

Dahbomb

I think balance wise I would much rather see the following.

I am only going to talk about Monk because that's the class I have spent the most time with:

Monks:

*Change one of the LTK runes to either Physical or Holy damage. They have two Fire damage runes on LTK and one of the Physical runes they have sucks massive cock.

*They need to add actual elemental variety to Wall of Light and increase its damage... it pathetic cost ratio vs LTK. Right now there's like 4 runes with Holy damage and one with Physical damage... need Fire/Lightning/Cold rune options.

*Needs Lightning/Holy Mystic Ally runes.

*Way of Hundred Fist... Hands of Lightning rune needs to be Lightning damage (because it has fucking Lightning in its name!). Spirited Salvo can be Fire damage instead or it can switch with Fist of Fury because that would make more sense as fire damage.

*Crippling Wave needs a Lightning and Holy damage variant.

*Deadly Reach Piercing Trident needs Cold damage, Foresight needs fire damage and Strike from Behind needs Holy damage.

*Sweeping Wind Inner Storm should be Holy damage.

*Tempest Rush needs a Lightning rune.

*Remove resource cost from Seven Sided Strike and give more rune element variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom