• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone use the Ring of Royal Grandeur? I would like to know if it reduces all set requirements, not just the highest. I want to use 2 pieces of Innas to get the 3 piece bonus. Anyone know?

You have level 60 gear. You'll get a huge boost with just getting level 70 gear everywhere. Also, I don't know how good the passive is on that legendary ring, but you really need offensive stats on your ring (a lot of them). Level 70 weapons will also be a big boost.

Trickster

Hard for me to give you in depth advice, as I dont play monk. Also, trying to help someone from their armory pages can be difficult due to how terribad it is at displaying things correctly.

However and very easy advice would be for you to upgrade your gems, all of them. get 120% or 125% crit dmg in your weapons. And get 160 dex gems in your chest and legs, or at the very least 100 dex gems. Using marquise gems is just awful and makes me sad for your monk.

I know Condemn is more efficient than Falling Sword....but Falling Sword is so much more satisfying. Same with Blessed Hammer. I love the way the attack looks with its torrent of hammers. I fear my Crusader is going to be a vanity/fun to play class more than an efficient DPS dealer. Oh well, still having fun, just won't be able to ratchet up the difficulty any time soon. I have a lvl 70 Wizard but I find it an incredibly dull class. Wands? Get the fuck out of here.

DSmalls84

Found a Countess Juila's Amulet last night that rolled IAS and CC. Hopefully I don't have too much of a problem rolling CD on it, because that would be an awesome trifecta amulet for my crusader.

A friendly reminder to my GAF brothers. Please ask before you jump in games! Sometimes we are reserving slots for friends or other GAF members.

Poor Crusaders, Blizzard really needs to do something about Hev. Str I get these Crusaders in my group and by the time they actually catch up everything is already at 25% hp. Damn thats gotta suck.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is anyone use the Ring of Royal Grandeur? I would like to know if it reduces all set requirements, not just the highest. I want to use 2 pieces of Innas to get the 3 piece bonus. Anyone know?

I am, and it does. If a set has a 3-piece and a 4-piece, having 2 pieces equipped will activate the 3 piece.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was surprised to see this quote on the official forums:
To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher.

It has been my understanding (and experience) that ONLY the cache-specific legendaries can drop out of the caches. Has anyone experienced non-cache legendaries out of caches?

JCizzle

It has been my understanding (and experience) that ONLY the cache-specific legendaries can drop out of the caches. Has anyone experienced non-cache legendaries out of caches?

I got a random DH cape from one on my Barb that would have let me phase through projectiles or something. Not sure if that's considered cache specific.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Is there a listing of cache specific and torment specific legendaries?

DSmalls84

Yes, I found an Oculus Ring and Darklight Flail both out of caches.

ParityBit

So last night I finished Act V. I am only level 45 though.

How does adventure mode work? I look at the map and sometimes there is a quest and sometimes there is just an icon for the boss. Do I need to clear both? Or is the Icon just for knowledge reasons?

Is it better to save the bounty for some reason? Or should I open it when I get it? I noticed some people seem to open a bunch at once ..... I wanted to see if there was a real reason outside the spraying of treasure everywhere.

Anoregon

Yes, I found an Oculus Ring and Darklight Flail both out of caches.

Well alright then. It's cool they can drop anything other than torment items. Maybe I'll get my elusive jerm and kukri from bounties.

How does adventure mode work? I look at the map and sometimes there is a quest and sometimes there is just an icon for the boss. Do I need to clear both? Or is the Icon just for knowledge reasons?

Is it better to save the bounty for some reason? Or should I open it when I get it? I noticed some people seem to open a bunch at once ..... I wanted to see if there was a real reason outside the spraying of treasure everywhere.

Look at the bottom right it will show you which are bounties. Do all in the act to get cache

DSmalls84

So bummed. Last night I got my first legendary helm drop for my crusader. I see it's an Andariel's Helm and get super excited, then I id it and there's intelligence and no CC on it. :( Really thought that would be the piece that puts me close to the 1 mil mark.

ViviOggi

HRQ4uHc.png

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif

Now if only Myriam wasn't so incompetent/I'd actually get a soul from a rift for once...

RivalCore

The icon is just there to tell you that's there's an Act (mini)boss, Unless the bounty is kill the boss, you can just ignore them.

No reason to save the caches up, but it is pretty fun to unload 30 caches and make it rain. Though after the disconnects last night, I'd be slightly apprehensive.

Tom Penny

Hmm. I have 2 Innas. Would love to only need 3 since I'm using a a vigor belt. Anbody have the 4 set Innas is the Mantra bonus as good as it sounds?

I got those legendary gloves that make shrines last 10 minutes for my monk last night. Right now it's like a 10% damage loss and 8% toughness loss but I'm thinking it might be worth it because of the shrines? I also need to get critical hit chance on it but ran out of souls trying to get it haha.

I got those legendary gloves that make shrines last 10 minutes for my monk last night. Right now it's like a 10% damage loss and 8% toughness loss but I'm thinking it might be worth it because of the shrines? I also need to get critical hit chance on it but ran out of souls trying to get it haha.

FYI the cooldown shrine and...another one I can't remember are currently bugged and last for an hour instead of 10 minutes.

Achtius

keep it in your inventory and use it when you find a conduit shrine XD

Well I finally dinged 70 with my Crusader and after playing with the class for a week I've come to the conclusion that this class is not fun for me to play, the class dynamics aren't just fun. Time to go back to my main #teamMonk

Radec

Its worth it in the long run.

Since it is also bugged, some shire effect lasts for 60mins instead of 10.

Once I run a rift with 4 shrine effects. (bonus exp, movement speed, protection, and reduced resource and cooldown).

Life was great.

Go to Act 4 for a guaranteed shrine (The Fountain).

ferr

Got a helltrapper, seems like a cool item, but even when gemmed it's going to come up short against my WF. Re-rolling vit to IAS might even it out, but the KB from WF is too valuable.. will have to mess around with it.

Also got that anti arcane amulet. Nice roll on it, might be better with a re-roll, but it's difficult to beat a yellow trifecta ammy.

Tom Penny

Monk question. I always forget. Say you have 20% lighting skills. You have to use a lightning skill to get the bonus. Does the weapon you are using have to have lighting damage? I want to know if I need to enchant damage to get specifically lighting.

Boogdud

Well I finally dinged 70 with my Crusader and after playing with the class for a week I've come to the conclusion that this class is not fun for me to play, the class dynamics aren't just fun. Time to go back to my main #teamMonk

I know how you feel. I really really, I mean really love the everything about the class, Except the mechanics... Well mostly because they are pretty much hopelessly broken atm, I'm looking at you wrath generators and spenders.

But the way the guy looks, the animations the VA all just superb. Just seeing him on the character select screen I feel the need to play him. Then I play him and I feel like I'm completely wasting my time..

It's pretty much the polar opposite of my WD. I love his mechanics and gameplay and I hate the aesthetics. Most of the armor looks exactly the same aside from helms, that stooooopid pot belly, his dumb sayings and "aauuuuhhaaauuuaaahhh!".

Maybe I should just go back to my barb, dh, or wiz.

datamage

I know how you feel. I really really, I mean really love the everything about the class, Except the mechanics... Well mostly because they are pretty much hopelessly broken atm, I'm looking at you wrath generators and spenders.

But the way the guy looks, the animations the VA all just superb. Just seeing him on the character select screen I feel the need to play him. Then I play him and I feel like I'm completely wasting my time..

It's pretty much the polar opposite of my WD. I love his mechanics and gameplay and I hate the aesthetics. Most of the armor looks exactly the same aside from helms, that stooooopid pot belly, his dumb sayings and "aauuuuhhaaauuuaaahhh!".

Maybe I should just go back to my barb, dh, or wiz.

I know that feeling, I wound up putting my male WD in the trash and opted to play the female. I prefer her aesthetics.

Granadier

Monk question. I always forget. Say you have 20% lighting skills. You have to use a lightning skill to get the bonus. Does the weapon you are using have to have lighting damage? I want to know if I need to enchant damage to get specifically lighting.

No. The increased damage will still apply to the skills that you use that have a lightning effect.

On that topic, fellow monks. When you are running a high +lightning damage build what spirit generator do you run?

oldsoap

Neo Member
I made a mistake and enchanted the 20% fire damage buff on my cinder coat for 3 sockets. Don't know if I should get that buff back. Playing as fire wizard

DSmalls84

I love both the WD and Crusader, but at this point I have decided I'm going to keep gearing my Crusader untl I find the pieces that I want. Too invested in the character at this point to switch to another. It will probably be a much better class after a few patches/tweaks to the skills. At this point every class has gotten changed to some extent.

That was my goal too, managed to get Tal's amulet last night .. imagine my surprise when it rolled 10 crit, 100 crit dmg, and 743 int. Rocks faces.
s2HTPxr.png

.... What the hell. Based on the stats of the items I've been getting, the odds of those rolls are about 1 in impossible.

Tom Penny

No. The increased damage will still apply to the skills that you use that have a lightning effect.

On that topic, fellow monks. When you are running a high +lightning damage build what spirit generator do you run?

I thought they nerfed that so physical skills would not apply to elemental bonuses? I forget.

I hate Fist of Thunder but I use it anyway because I got a Shard of Hate yesterday :) Rolled Strength :( It procs every single hit due to it being a lighting skill. It's probably better to use Deadly Reach scattered blows. Not many options :( They need to add more elemental runes..but that would make sense.

Granadier

I thought they nerfed that so physical skills would not apply to elemental bonuses? I forget.

I hate Fist of Thunder but I use it anyway because I got a Shard of Hate yesterday :) Rolled Strength :( It procs every single hit due to it being a lighting skill. It's probably better to use Deadly Reach scattered blows. Not many options :( They need to add more elemental runes..but that would make sense.

They don't, but when you are using a skill that is inherently lightning based, or using a rune that changes it's damage type to lightning, it benefits from the +% lightning damage.

I am not sure if the +% lightning damage applies to the actual weapon damage or not.

I actually like the deadly reach rune that changes it to lightning and does an aoe on the third hit.

I'm going to try this out tonight. I have been running FoT with the last rune, but I really dislike FoT.

Anoregon

I actually like the deadly reach rune that changes it to lightning and does an aoe on the third hit.

Nymerio

I use WotHF with the Windforce Flurry rune. I've really come to love it, it's nice to have a ranged attack when I have to keep some distance.

Anoregon

I believe it has been confirmed to generate the most SW Cyclones too. Why am I not using it lol?

Madnes? I dunno. I'm kind of bored of cookie cutter lightning monk builds. I got mine from 60 to 65 last night, I want to get some dex magefists and other fire gear and go with this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WZgPfi!hdiW!aaacba

Gotta bring that heat.

Holy damn
Replacing Wrathful with Renewal made such a difference in surviving with my Crusader.

Yeah, renewal is awesome. To me, the sort of "standard" passive loadout for a crusader is Renewal, heavenly strength, righteousness, and stand your ground. The first three are essentially necessary for most builds, imo.

Miletius

Madnes? I dunno. I'm kind of bored of cookie cutter lightning monk builds. I got mine from 60 to 65 last night, I want to get some dex magefists and other fire gear and go with this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WZgPfi!hdiW!aaacba

Gotta bring that heat.

Yeah, renewal is awesome. To me, the sort of "standard" passive loadout for a crusader is Renewal, heavenly strength, righteousness, and stand your ground. The first three are essentially necessary for most builds, imo.

I've been running a similar build except with Spinning Fire Kick and Exploding Palm (fire version). It's tons of fun with a magefist, and even though mine is 68 it's very hard to replace.

Edit: my guy http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Miletius-1828/hero/43452835

I could actually probably use a bit of gearing advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom