• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

No. The increased damage will still apply to the skills that you use that have a lightning effect.

On that topic, fellow monks. When you are running a high +lightning damage build what spirit generator do you run?

I thought they nerfed that so physical skills would not apply to elemental bonuses? I forget.

I hate Fist of Thunder but I use it anyway because I got a Shard of Hate yesterday :) Rolled Strength :( It procs every single hit due to it being a lighting skill. It's probably better to use Deadly Reach scattered blows. Not many options :( They need to add more elemental runes..but that would make sense.

I actually like the deadly reach rune that changes it to lightning and does an aoe on the third hit.

Another Deadly Blows user here. On top of Cyclone spam, the knock-up is synergistic with my Strongarm Bracers. I normally switch to Fists of Fury for bosses. Why Hands of Lightning isn't Lightning(and Blazing Fists isn't fire) yet I'll never understand.

Tom Penny

Another Deadly Blows user here. On top of Cyclone spam, the knock-up is synergistic with my Strongarm Bracers. I normally switch to Fists of Fury for bosses. Why Hands of Lightning isn't Lightning(and Blazing Fists isn't fire) yet I'll never understand.

Way of a Hundred Fist is the best...zero lighting runes. C'mon mang. I used to love running Blazing fists with Deadly Reach the last one with 15% damage on 3rd hit with combination strike. It upped DPS crazy since blazing fist also stacked attack speed 3x then 10% for each spirit generator from combination strike. Now I'm trying to master mystic rhythm with lashing tail kick..really packs a wallop.

traveler

Not Wario
Speaking of strongarm, I assume Condemn-Vacuum would trigger it?

Gonna continue dumping shards into gloves for a magefist. I should eventually be able to break 100% bonus to fire.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Cyclone already procs your Strongarms, so if you're spamming that you don't have to worry about knockup from your generator.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can only hope that there is a nice patch on tuesday that'll fix the bugged skills and legendary procs at least.

I wish it would be crusader buffs though :D

huxley00

Can someone help me identify what element runes are? I googled around and cant seem to find a straight answer. As I understand it, each skill has a rune, each rune has a specific type of damage associated to it (physical, lightning etc). Any damage done by that skill, is done as the rune type damage, overriding any default weapon damage type.

Do the individual icons show what damage type it is? Is there a legend for this?

RDreamer

You've got to be fucking kidding me:

lRGUAjh.jpg

Mind you, this was found on my Crusader...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Can someone help me identify what element runes are? I googled around and cant seem to find a straight answer. As I understand it, each skill has a rune, each rune has a specific type of damage associated to it (physical, lightning etc). Any damage done by that skill, is done as the rune type damage, overriding any default weapon damage type.

Do the individual icons show what damage type it is? Is there a legend for this?
It says on the Rune tooltip, they're also color coded.

lt519

Need some advice here.

So is there any reason to be running with a shield as a barb, especially with low block? The one I have now was re-rolled with extra block % and 8% crit hit. Would throwing another socketed weapon on there be more beneficial?

I've gotten used to running with a Storm Shield and Helm of Command for 40% block back in the day to solo inferno, so I just haven't moved away from that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RARBUSTO-1251/hero/40910978

(ignore the fact that almost every piece of my armor has re-rolls for more Crit Chance and Res All, I think I'm actually at 360k dps)

Also barbs should try stacking Fire Damage % increases with Frenzy % increases and using Frenzy with the Maniac rune because that deals fire damage. I'm consistently hitting for over a mil now and am a 1 man wrecking crew. I throw on Wrath of the Beserker, toss Earthquake in there and then hack away with frenzy and clear elite mobs on T1 in less than 30 seconds.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Have a friend who has Maximum as his crusader and he's always commenting how the fire chain just destroys.

Welp, I had that weapon drop but someone in clan chat said the chains didn't do much damage so I salvaged it. Shit.

Are people still doing T6 core of arreat runs?

Oh - the Tiered Rifts certainly sound interesting, and will probably give the game even more longetivity. Ladders, too. I'm usually not too keen on Hardcore but I will try Hardcore Ladder just to see how I stack up against the player-base.

kyubajin

Are there any HC players on the EU GAF clan? I'd like to do some runs bounties/rifs but there's only SC people apparently :/

Also, I'm progressing at a snail pace with my HC barb to the goal of being able to solo Torment I and start getting awesome loot like everyone. Here's my current build if anyone could shed some light into what I could do to improve:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kyubajin-2439/hero/35992508

I basically rely on Critical Hit to do my damage with the Thunderfury proc. I manage to get to almost 50% Crit Hit Chance with Revenge (Best Serve Cold).

ViviOggi

nM1MSR1.png

Got this from Kadala, but I'm not completely sold. The effect is pretty nice, covers almost the entire screen, but the stats feel rather weak. What's the best affix I'd try rerolling the %Shield Bash to, crit chance?

Shouta

I asked yesterday if re rolling anything would help this item. So should I reroll damage % then ? I don't even know what I get though for optional affixes though.

sword.png

Yes, rroll the %dmg. It's junk because it only minorly affects the final DPS. Anything else would be larger benefit even VIT.

Xanathus

Welp, I had that weapon drop but someone in clan chat said the chains didn't do much damage so I salvaged it. Shit.

Are people still doing T6 core of arreat runs?

I said that the chains do much damage, and they hardly do any damage at least on t1. There's a possibility that the chain damage scales to the damage of whoever is using it and I was using it on my follower so perhaps that's the reason.

Firemind

Are there any HC players on the EU GAF clan? I'd like to do some runs bounties/rifs but there's only SC people apparently :/

Also, I'm progressing at a snail pace with my HC barb to the goal of being able to solo Torment I and start getting awesome loot like everyone. Here's my current build if anyone could shed some light into what I could do to improve:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kyubajin-2439/hero/35992508

I basically rely on Critical Hit to do my damage with the Thunderfury proc. I manage to get to almost 50% Crit Hit Chance with Revenge (Best Serve Cold).

I see you on all the time, but you were levelling your crusader so I didn't want to bother you. Let me know if you want a powerlevel or do straight bounty/rift runs!

mileS

I was surprised to see this quote on the official forums:

It has been my understanding (and experience) that ONLY the cache-specific legendaries can drop out of the caches. Has anyone experienced non-cache legendaries out of caches?
I got my thunderfury from an act 2 bag.

eek5

xanathus is a genius. Started to level my barb by just switching to him after I finish rifts then getting the xp from turn in. Got him from 61 to 65 just while doing rifts.

scy

Got this from Kadala, but I'm not completely sold. The effect is pretty nice, covers almost the entire screen, but the stats feel rather weak. What's the best affix I'd try rerolling the %Shield Bash to, crit chance?

Yup, Crit Chance. About all you can expect from a Shield is STR, Crit, Block/All Resist/Skill Damage% for the last two spots.

xanathus is a genius. Started to level my barb by just switching to him after I finish rifts then getting the xp from turn in. Got him from 61 to 65 just while doing rifts.

When I do Normal runs for bounties, I wait until the end to turn the difficulty to Hard to double the EXP for free from the last bounty turn-in. Every little bit of random EXP counts, I guess :x

ZenaxPure

Need some advice here.

So is there any reason to be running with a shield as a barb, especially with low block? The one I have now was re-rolled with extra block % and 8% crit hit. Would throwing another socketed weapon on there be more beneficial?

I've gotten used to running with a Storm Shield and Helm of Command for 40% block back in the day to solo inferno, so I just haven't moved away from that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RARBUSTO-1251/hero/40910978

About a shield in general, if you have the block chance sword and board is actually quite effective at generating fury (unless you are doing multiplayer with other melee characters, then it kinda sucks), but, your build looks to be based around attacks with cooldowns/charges so honestly you might be better off just using a strong 2h weapon.

lt519

About a shield in general, if you have the block chance sword and board is actually quite effective at generating fury (unless you are doing multiplayer with other melee characters, then it kinda sucks), but, your build looks to be based around attacks with cooldowns/charges so honestly you might be better off just using a strong 2h weapon.

My build is built around not using Fury and having it maxed out. I have a passive that deals more 25% more damage at max fury. The only thing I think I use fury for is earthquake and battle rage, but that's like 2% of the time I'm fighting and by the time I use them I'm pretty much full up again. The rest of my build is built around using frenzy to deal fire damage and stacking that fire damage % multipliers on equipment.

I think I'm ready to let go of the idea of a shield, so in general are the stats of two weapons better than the stats of one? i.e. if I can get two socketed one handers and get a 240% crit dmg increase is that better than one 2H with a socket? I don't want to sacrifice much more toughness, I generally tank in parties for people. Maybe just a better shield. I'll have to experiment.

Nonentity

Is there a good theorycrafting resource for this game? I find a lot of conflicting information on things, and tidbits of information like "%damage on weapons is pretty bad and should be rerolled" are really good things to know.

BigDug13

Shouldn't the crusader "laws" be better than they are? They seem much weaker than the monk mantras and the monk's ability to spam their mantra for double effect while crusader gets a 5 second active with 45 second cooldown.

I don't know. I thought this guy was supposed to be similar to the Paladin from D2. But the "laws" seem really weak vs monk mantras.

They're so weak that limiting a crusader to one at a time doesn't make sense. Might as well allow a crusader to run all 3 of them for a group if he wants to fill his skill bar with laws.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Shouldn't the crusader "laws" be better than they are? They seem much weaker than the monk mantras and the monk's ability to spam their mantra for double effect while crusader gets a 5 second active with 45 second cooldown.

I don't know. I thought this guy was supposed to be similar to the Paladin from D2. But the "laws" seem really weak vs monk mantras.

They're so weak that limiting a crusader to one at a time doesn't make sense. Might as well allow a crusader to run all 3 of them for a group if he wants to fill his skill bar with laws.

Honestly I think part of the Crusader feeling kind of shitty was that they were designed at the same time as cooldown reduction becoming a primary affix and decided it would be cool to make a class that pretty much needed to stack it. And of course it;s not cool, you end up with a character that feels pretty week in most situations.

scy

For what it's worth, the Law actives are at least better than most the Monk ones. But the downtime between their uses (and that it's for 5 seconds at a time) kind of makes most of them not that great. That's why I run the Nephalem Glory one when grouping. The bonus is at least always up then.

BigDug13

For what it's worth, the Law actives are at least better than most the Monk ones. But the downtime between their uses (and that it's for 5 seconds at a time) kind of makes most of them not that great. That's why I run the Nephalem Glory one when grouping. The bonus is at least always up then.

Yeah and that's the only law I'm willing to use for that very reason. It provides a permanent tangible benefit to the team. Something these "laws" should be doing in spades.

I got 3 pieces of the Firebird set last night. The chest rolled with no sockets so I'm wondering if it's worth the resource cost to reroll if the set bonuses are that bad. =(

Edit: Also, for any Wiz running a fire build: what are you using as your main spender? I'm currently running Arcane Orb - Scorch but it feels really lackluster.
Man what/where are you guys farming to get these to drop? I've played just about as much Wiz as anyone and I haven't even gotten a source or wand drop, never mind Wiz set pieces. I get about usually nothing more than a mix of rings/belts/boots. With the ocassional sword or amulet. Even Forgotten Souls are rare drops when Rifting for me. Playing every mode from normal to T6, though mostly at T1 an 2.

What am I doing wrong for people to be finishing damn near whole leg sets while the best I can do is a Wailing Host?

Give a brotha a tip. Shit.

Also, Falling Sword initiation --> Condem/Taunt --> Iron Skin --> Hammers is my fuckin shit.

Haters can hate. Leaping from range into the middle of packs with iron skin and blowing them all the fuck up is awesome.

Insaniac

I asked yesterday if re rolling anything would help this item. So should I reroll damage % then ? I don't even know what I get though for optional affixes though.

sword.png

Yes, rroll the %dmg. It's junk because it only minorly affects the final DPS. Anything else would be larger benefit even VIT.

this is wrong, because the weapon has black damage, so the % damage is affecting the damage bonus too

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad, I've been neglecting my Crusader the last couple of days in favour of getting my alts to 70. I've put about 6000 shards in to shields now and I've never seen a Hellskull which I'm desperate for.

1 hour Fleeting and Empowered shrines is glorious though, so glad I finally got the gloves.

dengatron

second hallowed bulwark, and it's actually even better than the first, aside from the legendary passive, which i'd never make use of anyways. getting that bonus 10% crit chance on shields is pretty awesome.

scy

The other problem is 2H Itemziation is still kind of bad :( Hopefully we'll see more stuff on that too.

Also, Falling Sword initiation --> Condem/Taunt --> Iron Skin --> Hammers is my fuckin shit.

Haters can hate. Leaping from range into the middle of packs with iron skin and blowing them all the fuck up is awesome.

Just doesn't do anywhere near as much damage in the same kind of time frame as Condemn + Fires of Heaven will do.

Finally, got some useful stuff today. Gambled and got a Magefist, but no CD and CC. At least I can still enchant for 10% CC. Now, to find Cindercoat and Mirrorball....

Also found a very high roll Jang's Envelopment, basically improving on the Black hole spell by slowing mobs down by 80% for 3 secs after they've been caught by the black hole. I'm wondering if this is actually help or not, cause it drops my dps by 7%. I'm still using the legacy Witching Hour. It's just so hard to let go off that item.

Man what/where are you guys farming to get these to drop? I've played just about as much Wiz as anyone and I haven't even gotten a source or wand drop, never mind Wiz set pieces. I get about usually nothing more than a mix of rings/belts/boots. With the ocassional sword or amulet. Even Forgotten Souls are rare drops when Rifting for me. Playing every mode from normal to T6, though mostly at T1 an 2.

What am I doing wrong for people to be finishing damn near whole leg sets while the best I can do is a Wailing Host?

Give a brotha a tip. Shit.

I've been doing the T6 Core chest runs the past two days. First day I got a mish-mash of random crap, but decided to try again last night. Ended up witih 3 piece firebird (shoulders/chest/source); ball of hate; azurewrath; two crappy set boots; and a few other random pieces. The firebird gear and ball of hate probably all dropped within the first 90 minutes. I was floored. Had horrible luck later on. Probably went a solid 60 - 90 minutes with nothing.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know every time I see a screenshot of some one getting The Barber it pisses me off that there are still legendaries in this game that are just glorified Yellows. Why is it even a legendary if it doesn't have a unique bonus? Out of all 6 of my own legendaries only 2 of them have a super special bonus effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom