• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

I love both the WD and Crusader, but at this point I have decided I'm going to keep gearing my Crusader untl I find the pieces that I want. Too invested in the character at this point to switch to another. It will probably be a much better class after a few patches/tweaks to the skills. At this point every class has gotten changed to some extent.

I'm in the same boat, dude. I thought long and hard about ditching the Crusader until buffs come, but I've sunk too much time into him to give up now. Really want to collect his set before moving on.

No. The increased damage will still apply to the skills that you use that have a lightning effect.

On that topic, fellow monks. When you are running a high +lightning damage build what spirit generator do you run?

I use the deadly reach one that knocks enemies in the air on the third hit (scattered blows)? Can't remember the name off the top of my head. I also use Cyclone Strike (the lightning rune) in group play because grouping up all the monsters is really effective with my friends (two DH's).

Boogdud

I love both the WD and Crusader, but at this point I have decided I'm going to keep gearing my Crusader untl I find the pieces that I want. Too invested in the character at this point to switch to another. It will probably be a much better class after a few patches/tweaks to the skills. At this point every class has gotten changed to some extent.

The positive side of me says, "yes, they have to know how bad things are with this class right now, it's completely obvious".

The cynical side of me says, "I thought the same exact thing at 1.0 release about some classes and it took 2 years to fix them."

At blizzard there's a biiiig difference between acknowledging a problem and actually DOING something about it. Typically if there is a "problem" that makes gameplay annoying or overly difficult, it takes eons to fix. If there's a "problem" that benefits anyone, anywhere in any way it is hotfixed within minutes of discovery.

Ohnonono

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354

Here is my character currently. Obviously numbers are all messed up because of enchant stuff (amulet and yellow ring are trifecta. Wrists have holy damage %, shield has 9% crit chance, gloves have crit damage, scorge has huge strength instead of vitality, bracers have + holy damage.

Want at least one more part of that set though because it makes a great use of secondary stats when you get a naturally well rolled base item.

lt519

PSA:

I made a terrible mistake last night. I was re-rolling a sword on the mystic and couldn't decide between IAS or Strength and was going to ask a friend in game chat. Well chatting and then shift-clicking the item in the Mystic space cancels the roll. I spent 2 more forgotten souls and another rift run and can't get Strength or IAS back ):

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PSA:

I made a terrible mistake last night. I was re-rolling a sword on the mystic and couldn't decide between IAS or Strength and was going to ask a friend in game chat. Well chatting and then shift-clicking the item in the Mystic space cancels the roll. I spent 2 more forgotten souls and another rift run and can't get Strength or IAS back ):

Delete the character. Blood for the blood god.

Firemind

PSA:

I think in general main stat trumps IAS, even %damage probably.

foladar

.... What the hell. Based on the stats of the items I've been getting, the odds of those rolls are about 1 in impossible.

I've got an Avarice Band that rolled 6 crit and rerolled 50 crit dmg. Plus rare gloves of 593 int, 6% ias, 50% crit dmg, 10% crit. Perhaps a bit lucky, probably playing too much though. Chant's wand with 2357 dps is good too.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just saw a blue post saying that Horadric Cache rewards aren't affected by difficulty. Don't do your bounties on high torment expecting a better shot at bounty legendaries, you're still only going to get a normal-quality bounty bag.

"To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12373027360?page=4#63

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just saw a blue post saying that Horadric Cache rewards aren't affected by difficulty. Don't do your bounties on high torment expecting a better shot at bounty legendaries, you're still only going to get a normal-quality bounty bag.

"To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level."

So would it be best to run bounties quickly on Normal and then do Rifts on whatever Torment you can handle?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, anyone with a 70 crusader using a Maximus? Apparently it is stupid strong. The fire chain that connects you to the demon it summons does crazy high damage.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So would it be best to run bounties quickly on Normal and then do Rifts on whatever Torment you can handle?

That's what I was thinking. Although instead of normal I'd do them on Expert for the double blood shards. Save up all keystones, and then switch to Torment level for the rifts.

Tom Penny

Most things trump %dmg, actually.

I asked yesterday if re rolling anything would help this item. So should I reroll damage % then ? I don't even know what I get though for optional affixes though.

sword.png

Dahbomb

Welp. I never wanted it. In fact, I considered taking my game off Torment so I would stop getting it, but I just paid 1.5m gold to unsocket my Tal Rasha's chest to mess around with 6 piece Firebird because boredom.

Conduit is a pylon and pylons are not shrines.
Those first world problems

Shifty76

No. The increased damage will still apply to the skills that you use that have a lightning effect.

On that topic, fellow monks. When you are running a high +lightning damage build what spirit generator do you run?

Depends if I want dps or spirit.

DPS = FoF, Spirit = DR:SfB (I have Strongarms though, so DR triggers the kb bonus from those)

Also, anyone with a 70 crusader using a Maximus? Apparently it is stupid strong. The fire chain that connects you to the demon it summons does crazy high damage.

I am with i have 70% fire elemental damage and 30% elite damage but my maxi is only 2500 dps. The chains can do 5 million a tick tho.

razielim

Have a friend who has Maximum as his crusader and he's always commenting how the fire chain just destroys.

Can't really blame the game if my luck is just that bad but yeah, I think I'm done. Sorry for the whining but gotta let that frustration out somewhere :>

I can understand your frustration. RNG is probably drives more people away from this game than anything else. Nothing more demoralizing than seeing everyone around you getting amazing rolls on legendaries, only to get garbage yourself.

Also, did they nerf the core drop rate on T6? I went last night for 30-40 minutes and didn't get anything. Kinda gave up after that.

Welp. I never wanted it. In fact, I considered taking my game off Torment so I would stop getting it, but I just paid 1.5m gold to unsocket my Tal Rasha's chest to mess around with 6 piece Firebird because boredom.

Conduit is a pylon and pylons are not shrines.
Man where are you running to get whole sets dropping for you?

Anoregon

I kind of hate how coven's criterion is sort of the only "real" shield in the game. Static ~20k block value is stupid and barely makes a dent in anything past T1, if that.

I got 3 pieces of the Firebird set last night. The chest rolled with no sockets so I'm wondering if it's worth the resource cost to reroll if the set bonuses are that bad. =(

Edit: Also, for any Wiz running a fire build: what are you using as your main spender? I'm currently running Arcane Orb - Scorch but it feels really lackluster.

Granadier

Have a friend who has Maximum as his crusader and he's always commenting how the fire chain just destroys.

It's nice to be able to give the demons of Sanctuary some fire chains to make up for all the shit we went through after launch.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I got 3 pieces of the Firebird set last night. The chest rolled with no sockets so I'm wondering if it's worth the resource cost to reroll if the set bonuses are that bad. =(

Edit: Also, for any Wiz running a fire build: what are you using as your main spender? I'm currently running Arcane Orb - Scorch but it feels really lackluster.

Back when I played wiz/had a fire build - Meteor-Meteor Shower was my main spender. You have to get used to the delay of cast, but it absolutely destroys.

Back when I played wiz/had a fire build - Meteor-Meteor Shower was my main spender. You have to get used to the delay of cast, but it absolutely destroys.

Cool. I was thinking of testing out Meteor, but with the rune that makes one big explosion. Didn't have time to test it out last night.

Totakeke

The Crusader is plenty reason. He has a bunch of shield-centric skills, plus you can weild a 2 handed weapon with one hand if you use the passive Heavenly Strength.

Maybe when I get a really good 2h. Otherwise Crusaders are too slow to be efficient. I'm already playing less and less of my monk. :<

That was my goal too, managed to get Tal's amulet last night .. imagine my surprise when it rolled 10 crit, 100 crit dmg, and 743 int. Rocks faces.
s2HTPxr.png

shit just got real..
and there i thought my
dex
100% crit
9,5% ammy
socket

neck was good :|
would trade the socket for that vitality any day :X

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

A wizard in a group I was in got one the other night and didnt want it so I grabbed it for my enchantress. My god is that thing stupid/awesome.

scy

Yeah, renewal is awesome. To me, the sort of "standard" passive loadout for a crusader is Renewal, heavenly strength, righteousness, and stand your ground. The first three are essentially necessary for most builds, imo.

Renewal and Righteousness feel unnecessary. Wrathful generates far more Healing (each Heaven's Fury for me is ~60k HP) while Renewal doesn't scale and is only ~12k at a 25-40% chance. My Wrath generation with my double Smite chest is fine / Zealous Glare works if you'd rather use the Passive slot for better things; just getting some additional Attack Speed would solve most the problems when I go back to Slash, really.

And I don't think Stand Your Ground is better mitigation than Divine Fortress, though I'd probably have to do some math on that. 25% -> 40% Block Chance for ~15k Block Amount seems less than 81% -> 84% mitigation from Armor. Though Stand Your Ground is definitely worth it if you use any of the Block Chance scaling skills, assuming they work like that anyway. I know it doesn't work on Divine Fortress :(

I have a Level 69 one that I look at in my stash occasionally and wonder what could have been. But, yeah, when I used to use it it would tick ~twice per second I think for 2.5M or so. Honestly, I think every weapon I've gotten since then is technically a damage downgrade but Fire Crusader has some awful skill options.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Renewal and Righteousness feel unnecessary. Wrathful generates far more Healing (each Heaven's Fury for me is ~60k HP)

Speaking of wrathful i've been looking at it's wording for a while and I keep flip flopping on what the second half means, does it mean the healing is increased by 1% of your health globe healing pick up?

Or is it increasing your healing of health globes by 1% per healing done from wrathful?

Seth C

Bro link your gear. I have a hard time believing that. You must have tippity top tier gear if you don't get an upgrade for a week (or you play like an hour a day).

LOL

When talking about this game it's important to remember that not everyone has the same experience. Some of us, for whatever reason, have permanently worse luck than others. My gear is far, far, far, FAR from tippity top. Most of it is downright mediocre, but here you go:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SethC-1903/hero/40940428

The boots and pants aren't my normal equips but as I'm usually playing on "hard" I might as well have the MF for extra rares. That helmet? I blew over 700 blood shards trying to get an upgrade. No dice.

Granadier

The NA clan is full. The overflow is full. I'm not sure about the second overflow. It's called GAFMAX though.

GAFMAX isn't full as far as I know.

Best way to get ahold of the officers there for an invite is to join the GAF Community, then check there to see the officers. Send them a PM or ask in the community chat for an invite to GAFMAX.

Firemind

Speaking of wrathful i've been looking at it's wording for a while and I keep flip flopping on what the second half means, does it mean the healing is increased by 1% of your health globe healing pick up?

Or is it increasing your healing of health globes by 1% per healing done from wrathful?

Health globe healing bonus

So if you have 50,000 you'll gain 500 every time you deal holy damage.

scy

Just to clarify, that would be +500 to your Life per Wrath Spent, not every time you deal Holy Damage. That one is tied to Holy Cause and is 1% of your Total Health. Which gives Crusader some room to scale their Healing infinitely with VIT, I guess.

But, yes, it's 1% of your Healing Globe is given to you as Life per Wrath Spent. That is for some reason not reflected on your stat sheet so congratulations at having nearly 2000 Life per Wrath Spent but still 0 Healing ;__;

traveler

Not Wario

I actually just reworked my entire build around a string of legs that dropped, including Maximus.

qwKhLso.png

15M4eWJ.png

The Legendaries (and amulet):

mhOjsLS.png

Current Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gray-1737/hero/43836336

I had been following the somewhat standard bombardment wombo combo build and switched once I got both the maximus and cindercoat their sockets. Now, with all the pieces I have, I'm sitting at around 75% fire damage on top of 800k sheet dps.

I use punish with roar for as my generator, since the block dmg procs are fire. The Hold Your Ground and Renewal passives synergize well with this and both give me more survivability- which is much more important in this build than the purely ranged build I and many others had been running- and, in the case of the former, actually increase my dps through more blocks.

I use blessed shield-combust for the spender since it seems to have pretty decent damage, (at least, as far as Crusader spenders go) the Fire Sweep is bugged, and, most importantly, I have a Jekangboard. While the ranged ability is nice, it really shines when I pull a pack together with either condemn or provoke and get a ton of combust procs with all of them overlapping. At 20 wrath, the skill wasn't too expensive to begin with- although Wrath issues still made spamming it a bit hard- with the Cindercoat, however, and the occasional punish (which I need to do to refresh hardened senses anyway) I can pretty much spam it indefinitely. When I do run out, I can refill wrath with provoke anyways.

Condem-vacuum, provoke-hit me, and consecrate-shattered ground are all present to help me pull packs on top of me more easily, tank, and deal additional aoe dmg. Hit me works well for both mitigation and dmg again with roar, and condemn hits hard enough even as holy. (I had been trying out falling sword with superheated to both work within the fire build and enable me to just jump into the middle of packs, but it just can't compete with condemn) I'm a bit underwhelmed with consecrate at the moment, so I might be looking to replace it, but it does fulfill both the fire dmg/tank aspects I'm looking for in skills currently.

And, yeah, try as I might to work out a great, efficient, and powerful build, at the end of the day, that Maximus proc makes my skills look like a joke. The chain procs more than once a minute and crits anywhere from 5 - 7 million. You might wonder why I'm running Steed without Endurance, and that proc is the answer. While using steed to skip empty space/backtrack is useful, I found myself using it in combat as much as out to reposition- sometimes to break freeze or get out of things like waller, but mostly to put distance between me and the max demon as soon as it procced so that the chain was on everything. Since the duration wasn't really needed for such adjustments, I went with nightmare to both keep in them and get a little extra damage out of it.

I am enjoying running the build more than the wombo combo build, but it's definitely more likely to die (thinking of pulling my rubies for diamonds in the chest and legs to help with this) and cannot compete when it comes to wiping elite packs. It does kill trash faster and move around dead space quicker through actually having a slot for steed charge, but there are tradeoffs.

I know some have been down on the cd heavy builds, but I still think they're about as efficient as you can get on a newly geared to moderately geared crusader in torment 1, short of build changing legendaries. Once Blizz makes another pass on generator/spender ability damage and wrath generation, moving away from those makes sense, but right now our bread and butter feels so weak compared to other classes it's logical to focus on those.

In any case, I'm enjoying the build and I'll be tweaking it more as I play. Would love to see what other fire crusaders have been doing.

Fularu

Banned

Never doing bounties on anything but normal from now on

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Just to clarify, that would be +500 to your Life per Wrath Spent, not every time you deal Holy Damage. That one is tied to Holy Cause and is 1% of your Total Health. Which gives Crusader some room to scale their Healing infinitely with VIT, I guess.

But, yes, it's 1% of your Healing Globe is given to you as Life per Wrath Spent. That is for some reason not reflected on your stat sheet so congratulations at having nearly 2000 Life per Wrath Spent but still 0 Healing ;__;

Awesome! Thanks guys, yeah I think I'm gonna swap something for wrathful then, especially when you're using high cost spenders it reallly adds up. With huge health pools it becomes tricky to see if LoH is worth it or not so I've sort of been ignoring it in favor of other healing methods.

Life per resource spent SEEMS to be far better than LoH.

Just saw this, has it been discussed?

Lylirra / Community Manager
We're actually looking to expand upon Nephalem Rifts in our upcoming 2.1.0 patch, creating what we're internally calling "Tiered Rifts." In a way, Tiered Rifts are similar to an endless dungeon (or "topless tower," as Wyatt likes to call it) in that as you complete different tiers of Rifts, you can unlock more tiers. Another goal with Tiered Rifts is to provide a way for players to test and challenge themselves, and also compare their progression against the progress of other players.

Wyatt gave a sneak peek during our Live Q&A on March 24: http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1830-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-release-party
Wyatt Cheng: There is another major feature in the patch 2.1, which is going to be what we're internally calling Tiered Rifts. The idea is a challenge scenario, where players do increasingly hard Rifts, to see who can get the farthest. The way it works is: You do your Bounties and get the tokens, then you do a Nephalem Rift. If you clear it, there's a chance to get a Greater Rift Token. If you successfully do that, you'll get a Greater Rift Key (Rank 2); if you clear that one, you get Rank 3, etc. Much like seasons, we're going to have a leaderboard as well, so you can see who got to the highest tier Rift, and what time were they able to obtain on that.
Tiered Rifts are still in development, so there aren't many additional details to share right now. We hope to provide more information in the coming weeks, though--so stay tuned!
Note: Since we experienced sound issues during the live recording, we don't yet have a VOD to share. We hope to be able to resolve the sound issues first and are troubleshooting that right now. If can't fix the audio, we'll provide a full transcript and maybe even re-record the Q&A in our own studio and answer some extra questions when we do! Sincere apologies for the delay on that. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12373497336?page=1#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom