• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Not in this case. It just doesn't work. The Black Hole effect itself lasts almost 3 seconds, the slow never really does anything. If it lasted 3 seconds after the Black Hole it would be cool. I'm using one, but I'm 100% unimpressed. On the other hand, the bracers that give a 30% dmg bonus for 5 seconds after an enemy has been knocked back are insane with Black Hole.

Oh I assumed the slowdown took place after the blackhole wore off

scy

Yeah, Channeling Pylon means I just mash Fires of Heaven's for ~20M damage at that point. It's basically just Cluster Arrow DH that gets to compete there.

I just got this for my enchantress and am wondering something.
Vu76iiC.jpg

Does the "You follower cannot die" part mean i can enchant away all her vitality/health regen (on all her equipment and the focus) and change everything for damage instead?, if she can't die doesn't that mean she needs no longer needs defensive stats?.

Just curious.

Correct. As far as I can tell, your follower becomes invulnerable. I have one of those on my Templar and I have not seen his hp bar flinch since equipping it. I need to find him a thunder fury or something.

Quick Big question how do properties that modify the damage of abilities work exactly.

Like what would happen if you had 11% on your hat, 12% on your boots and 10% on your shoulders and then you had 20% from a passive? Would it just make the total be 53%? Then get added on to the 200% and be 253% hammer damage? or would it be calculated in a different way?

I guess I'm asking if this shit is multiplicative or additive. I'm leaning towards additive because multiplicative could be broken unless it was additive on gear then multiplicative when being calculated against the base skill.

It seems to be additive on gear, then multiplicative when it hits the skill. In your example, it would be (.11+.12+.10+.20)(200) + 200, for a total of 306% hammer damage. Stacking skill and element damage is very powerful.

Kenaras

As for condemn, why talk about it like its either or? Why not Fall in then Condemn everyone? There's a reason it was listed in my original commentary on the subject. Condem works like Taunt in my build.

Also, cool downs aren't a problem for me with 40% CDR. Falling is down roughly every 16 or 17 seconds and seemingly less with those Neph globes. That's more than fast thought to be available for every Elite rift pack. Often times twice in a given fight.

To me there is value in its positioning/repositioning and, 2 second stun. Damage isn't the only part to this equation. ymmv.

Or better yet, Condemn first then Falling Sword. If you use the Vacuum rune, it will pull enemies to your targeted landing spot while you're in the air. And after you land, it will pull them right back in after Falling Sword knocks them back.

Gaf crusader squad i want one effective build for tanky dps and One for pure dps..
Can anyone help me on this?
Haven't played it EVER (got mine rushed to 70 by a friend) so before trying to go at it randomly i'd like some solid build to build some confidence with the class

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It seems to be additive on gear, then multiplicative when it hits the skill. In your example, it would be (.11+.12+.10+.20)(200) + 200, for a total of 306% hammer damage. Stacking skill and element damage is very powerful.

Yeah okay I had my suspicions but this confirms it, this is goooood. But this also means that it's almost only really worth it if you have more than one piece for that specific ability.

Or better yet, Condemn first then Falling Sword. If you use the Vacuum rune, it will pull enemies to your targeted landing spot while you're in the air. And after you land, it will pull them right back in after Falling Sword knocks them back.

This doesn't work that well because the default radius on condemn is far smaller than the knock away range of falling sword. Soooooo to get this to work you need the timing skills and prediction levels of a new type to the point that you can time the vacuum tick of condemn to occur the exact same second that falling sword pushes enemies away. It's better to use shattering explosion to just catch more enemies as they're getting knocked around with the burst, assuming that both of them are going off at the same time.

Shifty76

Quick Big question how do properties that modify the damage of abilities work exactly.

By that I mean say you have a helm with 11% blessed hammer damage on them.

Since hammers do 200% does that mean they now to 222% or 211%? So then what happens when you have multiple things that boost hammer damage? How do they add up? Do they just stack on top of each other or do all the gear ones total up and then go off the base damage?

Like what would happen if you had 11% on your hat, 12% on your boots and 10% on your shoulders and then you had 20% from a passive? Would it just make the total be 53%? Then get added on to the 200% and be 253% hammer damage? or would it be calculated in a different way?

I guess I'm asking if this shit is multiplicative or additive. I'm leaning towards additive because multiplicative could be broken unless it was additive on gear then multiplicative when being calculated against the base skill.

Also I am considering trying this build out for T3/4 farming
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#aedliT!aVSe!aZYaYZ
Dropping Laws Valor for Laws of Justice will bump up my survivability by a good 2 mil toughness and divine fortress should also help because my shield has a base block chance of 19% without an additional block roll.

It will drop my DPS from 1mil to 950k but whatever.

Any critiques?

This explains it all really well

datamage

So apparently the +dmg% affix & +(X-Y)elemental dmg affix not affecting non-black dmg is a bug, and will be fixed according to this thread..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329613352

blue post said:
We are currently working on a fix for this and hope to have it out to you guys as soon as possible. I can't really make promises as to when or how (patch or hotfix) said fix will arrive but it's something we are aware of and are working on.

Discobird

You know every time I see a screenshot of some one getting The Barber it pisses me off that there are still legendaries in this game that are just glorified Yellows. Why is it even a legendary if it doesn't have a unique bonus? Out of all 6 of my own legendaries only 2 of them have a super special bonus effect.

I totally agree with your point although you could've picked a better example (The Barber has crit damage which doesn't roll on rare daggers). Feels like half the legendary jewelry is like this :(

It's totally true, belts are generally so baddddd in RoS lmao. Thundergods and hellcats seem to be the only decent batch and one of them is for a specialized build.

Harrington's are incredible--dead bodies, weapon racks etc. all count as "chests" for the purpose of the proc so you will have it up pretty often. There aren't very many items that grant twice the DPS as the next best item in the slot. Feels awesome to save up a bunch of racks and bodies in an open space when you get close to triggering a rift guardian and then vault around like an idiot to keep proccing Harrington's when he spawns.

Ashodin

Fucking Crusaders need a better spread of element types to their runes so we have more options for elemental builds. Shit is really dumb and heavily favors Physical right now.

Also wish Falling Sword had a Holy option. Make it the reduced cooldown rune and call it "Holy Diver" or some shit haha

iirate

Cyclone already procs your Strongarms, so if you're spamming that you don't have to worry about knockup from your generator.

Cyclone definitely gives me a high uptime on its own for sure, but I also run Scorpion Sting and between that and my mantra, there are times that I'd rather not spend spirit on CS.

Regardless, I'd use SB for its on-crit coefficient anyways.

Baliis

Correct. As far as I can tell, your follower becomes invulnerable. I have one of those on my Templar and I have not seen his hp bar flinch since equipping it. I need to find him a thunder fury or something.

No, you get him a unity, then get yourself a unity, then proceed to never die.

Holy crap on a cracker! + elemental and + skill damage is huge. My initial cluser arrow blast hits for 1372 % damage. Each grenade hits for 392 % damage, so if all 4 hit one target, that's 2940 % damage. Holy F. No wonder I mow down things like a drunken whore.

So yeah had a group of people doing a T6 bounty. The one where you have to clear hellfire rift level 2. Gives you great XP and gold as in before starting I was at 6m gold and a couple hours later I was at 16m. If anyone is down for trying it out going to try to form a group to go at it in a bit.

If you're not in main clan drop your bt here (I'll be streaming the runs), other wise just PM me in game (plbelanger)
http://www.twitch.tv/fluffydelusions

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Fucking Crusaders need a better spread of element types to their runes so we have more options for elemental builds. Shit is really dumb and heavily favors Physical right now.

Also wish Falling Sword had a Holy option. Make it the reduced cooldown rune and call it "Holy Diver" or some shit haha

It seems odd to me that they have so few holy skills with the crusader being a holy warrior.

Holy Diver could run the risk of copyright issues, but they could go with something similar like....Divine Plunger

No, you get him a unity, then get yourself a unity, then proceed to never die.

Whaaaa? theres no way Blizz would let that happen. Im pretty sure you would take half the damage he takes, he just never loses hit points. That would game breakingly absurd if that happened. Shit, now I need to find a 2nd unity. I found one last night.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It seems odd to me that they have so few holy skills with the crusader being a holy warrior.

Holy Diver could run the risk of copyright issues, but they could go with something similar like....Divine Plunger

Yeah it's kind of frustrating actually, especially when most of their thunder/fire skills are superior.

If you ask me we should just call it Divine Diver. It's a shame that it's so close to being really good alliteration ;_; I love good alliteration.

There is nothing more annoying than seeing 1 handed legendary drops over and over on my crusader.

I get tons of 2h (to the point where I just crafted hallowed 1 handers till I found a decent one) on my wizard and witch doctor
hell my enchantress has a 2700 dps maximus now and i've salvaged more 2h's than you can shake a stick at

also :
Would anyone on EU like to run rifts (on t1) or spam act2 bounties (also on t1 preferably) for the act2 caches? (edit: act2 caches can drop arguably the best gloves in the game)

I've got a 1.35m dmg wizard, send me a pm (or a reply in this thread) if you're interested
anyone?:p

Baliis

Whaaaa? theres no way Blizz would let that happen. Im pretty sure you would take half the damage he takes, he just never loses hit points. That would game breakingly absurd if that happened. Shit, now I need to find a 2nd unity. I found one last night.

As far as I can tell, the follower simply takes 0 damage.

Just saw this posted in the D3 forums. Drop chance for leg crafting mats.

Normal: 5
High: 6
Expert: 7.2
Master 8.6
Anguish I: 10.4
Anguish II: 12.4
Anguish III: 14.9
Anguish IV: 17.9
Agony V: 21.5
Agony VI: 25.8"

Kenaras

This doesn't work that well because the default radius on condemn is far smaller than the knock away range of falling sword. Soooooo to get this to work you need the timing skills and prediction levels of a new type to the point that you can time the vacuum tick of condemn to occur the exact same second that falling sword pushes enemies away. It's better to use shattering explosion to just catch more enemies as they're getting knocked around with the burst, assuming that both of them are going off at the same time.

I don't know what to tell you; I've never had a problem with it. I've never even seen it happen. I don't have them go "off at the same time" though; Condemn goes off 0.5-1s after Falling Sword lands, and the Vacuum ticks before Condemn goes off.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I don't know what to tell you; I've never had a problem with it. I've never even seen it happen. I don't have them go "off at the same time" though; Condemn goes off 0.5-1s after Falling Sword lands, and the Vacuum ticks before Condemn goes off.

I wonder if it has something to do with attack speed affecting the rate at which things tick and our attack speeds are just different enough that I get screwed and you don't lmao.

Ashodin

I wonder if it has something to do with attack speed affecting the rate at which things tick and our attack speeds are just different enough that I get screwed and you don't lmao.

I really like the interaction of Condemn + Falling Sword for the vacuum in the air. It's pretty sick to see enemies still dragged along with you while they get explodeded then landed on, or vice versa.

Dahbomb

Master 8.6
Are these values for those crafting mats that the purple monsters drop for crafting Legendaries?

Seem really low, should be at least twice as high for all values. Not even as good as the values for the Hellfire Ring drops.

Strider

I'm gonna accept the fact Blizz doesn't want my monk to have a Thunderfury

assholes

Tonight I move to Wizard for the foreseeable future.

Xevren

Are these values for those crafting mats that the purple monsters drop for crafting Legendaries?

Seem really low, should be at least twice as high for all values. Not even as good as the values for the Hellfire Ring drops.

Ugh yea, those values are ass. Would definitely explain why it feels like torture at times.

That's what I believe it is. Seems pretty close to accurate. I farmed the mat for a quiver and killed the 2 guys about 20 times or so combined and only got 1.

eidt: I was on T1 while doing it.

Insaniac

Holy crap on a cracker! + elemental and + skill damage is huge. My initial cluser arrow blast hits for 1372 % damage. Each grenade hits for 392 % damage, so if all 4 hit one target, that's 2940 % damage. Holy F. No wonder I mow down things like a drunken whore.

FYI clusters cannot hit an enemy more than once

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Friend just linked this to me on the way out of work and I just had to see it.

http://www.twitch.tv/goodideagaming/b/516636725

In the first two seconds of this video you see him crit for one billion three hundred and seventy eight million four hundred and fourteen thousand and eighty damage

that's

1,378,414,080 damage on a single tick of what looks like is disintegrate with the cone rune.

YO DUDE WHAT IS THAT?!

He must have perfect rolls on crit damage and arcane damage and disintegrate in every possible slot.

scy

It's from Sever.

Edit: To explain that better, "Slain enemies rest in peace" causes the killing blow to be a massive crit. With no Life Steal%, it doesn't matter anymore really.

Dahbomb

Wouldn't Sever be like pretty fucking good with area damage?

Like if you kill a crap enemy with the Sever, it would have a 20% chance of wiping out all the mobs in a small area.

Giggzy

Master 8.6

Now it makes complete fucking sense.

I've been farming the Living Flame crafting mat for hours the other day so I can craft Cinder Switch for my crusader. Didn't get one drop. This was on normal btw. Will move up to T1 tonight to try again.

I see how it'll play out already though. Farm the mat for 3 hours, craft legendary, get shit rolls, then massive tears.

Ashodin

Ooooorrrrr you could teach me how to melee DH!

What do you want to know? What to spec? What stats to go for?

You need Phys % damage, Boost to Fan of Knives %, Grenade/Bolas %.

Sash of Knives is a great legendary to start with.

Also, you'll need a sick 1H and Shield. I recommend getting anything that has a proc (snicker, thunderfury). Shard of Hate is amazing for the class. Coven's Criterion is probably the best shield for a melee DH (I have one).

Use Vault, Shuriken Cloud, and two other abilities (your choice). Primary is Grenades/Bolas, Secondary is Fan of Knives (the rune that makes it a hatred spender).

I personally use Vengeance + Seethe for Hatred regen, and Companion(Wolf) for extra 30% damage buff. Currently using Vault with Arrows rune because they're physical and auto crits.

Passives are Blood Vengeance (SO GOOD), Tactical Advantage (placement is key on a melee DH, as is running away from death), Cull the Weak (a FOK with a FOK right after it does double damage, you can cast two within the span of a second), and Ambush. Ambush makes it so the whites pretty much explode on two FOK hits.

scy

Wouldn't Sever be like pretty fucking good with area damage?

Like if you kill a crap enemy with the Sever, it would have a 20% chance of wiping out all the mobs in a small area.

Okay, yeah, I need to go test this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom