• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maraudering intensifies
Come to me beasts, let none touch me!

zYowZ0h.jpg

Setbonus is the Bonus of every DH Companion. Thats Active AND Passive Effect.
Pretty fun. Now I need the Cloak that summons 3 wolves instead of one and my posse is complete ;)

Ashodin

Man talking about my melee DH is making me want to get more legs for him. Time to work on the DH tonight! Crusader's in a good place farming T1 easily.

Maraudering intensifies

zYowZ0h.jpg

Pretty fun. Now I need the Cloak that summons 3 wolves instead of one and my posse is complete ;)

SICK!

Lucis

I just got this for my enchantress and am wondering something.
Vu76iiC.jpg

Does the "You follower cannot die" part mean i can enchant away all her vitality/health regen (on all her equipment and the focus) and change everything for damage instead?, if she can't die doesn't that mean she needs no longer needs defensive stats?.

Just curious.

I have one for my scoundrel which I use. while I almost never play solo so I don't get to use him much, all he has is MF gear from 1.0 days (not sure if MF on follower still even work). It feels like mobs just don't attack him anymore. Projectile by pass him also.

Wouldn't Sever be like pretty fucking good with area damage?

Like if you kill a crap enemy with the Sever, it would have a 20% chance of wiping out all the mobs in a small area.

This doesn't work because I had someone in my clan try to do this like trying to kill a bunch of trash mobs near elites. I think I also saw a topic on this on the official forums and they said it didn't work for them either. The only thing that it really did work for was lifesteal but since that's obsolete, Sever numbers are just for giggles. Though someone did make a video of trying to get the highest Sever numbers, running around with conduit, power, wrath of berserker, harringtons, and a bunch of other stuff. He was getting billions while running around.

Strider

What do you want to know? What to spec? What stats to go for?

You need Phys % damage, Boost to Fan of Knives %, Grenade/Bolas %.

Sash of Knives is a great legendary to start with.

Also, you'll need a sick 1H and Shield. I recommend getting anything that has a proc (snicker, thunderfury). Shard of Hate is amazing for the class. Coven's Criterion is probably the best shield for a melee DH (I have one).

Use Vault, Shuriken Cloud, and two other abilities (your choice). Primary is Grenades/Bolas, Secondary is Fan of Knives (the rune that makes it a hatred spender).

I personally use Vengeance + Seethe for Hatred regen, and Companion(Wolf) for extra 30% damage buff. Currently using Vault with Arrows rune because they're physical and auto crits.

Passives are Blood Vengeance (SO GOOD), Tactical Advantage (placement is key on a melee DH, as is running away from death), Cull the Weak (a FOK with a FOK right after it does double damage, you can cast two within the span of a second), and Ambush. Ambush makes it so the whites pretty much explode on two FOK hits.

I kinda just wanted a starting place and then I can work from there... Kinda like what you mentioned already.

I haven't played DH in a while and I think he's only lvl 53 or so. Going melee would spice up the class and I think I'd probably love it if I went melee so I've been meaning to give it a try.

I'll probably just craft some gear as soon as I get on tonight and go for some of the things you mentioned initially then hopefully put my own twist on it once I get comfortable with it.

Could you link your gear so I can check that out as well?

Shifty76

This doesn't work because I had someone in my clan try to do this like trying to kill a bunch of trash mobs near elites. I think I also saw a topic on this on the official forums and they said it didn't work for them either. The only thing that it really did work for was lifesteal but since that's obsolete, Sever numbers are just for giggles. Though someone did make a video of trying to get the highest Sever numbers, running around with conduit, power, wrath of berserker, harringtons, and a bunch of other stuff. He was getting billions while running around.

It used to work with that one DH Marked for Death rune (Valley of Death?) - not sure if that's still the case.

Ashodin

I kinda just wanted a starting place and then I can work from there... Kinda like what you mentioned already.

I haven't played DH in a while and I think he's only lvl 53 or so. Going melee would spice up the class and I think I'd probably love it if I went melee so I've been meaning to give it a try.

I'll probably just craft some gear as soon as I get on tonight and go for some of the things you mentioned initially then hopefully put my own twist on it once I get comfortable with it.

Could you link your gear so I can check that out as well?
Yeah here
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashodin-1707/hero/171860

Braag

Maraudering intensifies

zYowZ0h.jpg

I have the cloak that summons 3 wolves and it's pretty cool but the I have had no chance with the Marauder set :/ Not a single piece has dropped for me :(

Dahbomb

Oh well it was worth a shot I guess.

Would've been pretty broken though.

Whats your armory link? Using TR 4pc also would like to see your proc spells.

Luxury#1795

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DeepThought-1569/hero/1241185

I skip Arcane because I don't like playing without Teleport and am a whore for sheet DPS. It makes me feel like a big man. If I really wanted to do the most actual, effective damage, I would run this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acQSjT!XcYR!ccZZcZ

Cannoneer Familiar can also be Arcanot Familiar depending on how you feel about your AP regen.

At level 60-70, I used Hellfire Ring as my fire proc, but I don't think it's worth the ring slot at level 70.

I have the cloak that summons 3 wolves and it's pretty cool but the I have had no chance with the Marauder set :/ Not a single piece has dropped for me :(

Man, that sucks. I had Marauder pants drop for me while playing wizard!

NIN90

Maraudering intensifies

zYowZ0h.jpg

I have that cloak but it's a level 57 version. :(

Dahbomb

I got an Ivory Tower today. Haven't seen one of those since like week 1 Vanilla D3.

It was shit then and it's shit now (at least the rolls I got were shit).

eek5

Mat drop rates (supposedly)

Difficulty Drop Rate
Normal 5.0%
Hard 6.0%
Expert 7.2%
Master 8.6%
Torment I 10.4%
Torment II 12.4%
Torment III 14.9%
Torment IV 17.9%
Torment V 21.5%
Torment VI 25.8%

so.. low man!

Cipherr

I was surprised to see this quote on the official forums:

It has been my understanding (and experience) that ONLY the cache-specific legendaries can drop out of the caches. Has anyone experienced non-cache legendaries out of caches?

Ive gotten quite a few legs out of caches, Ive seen people say that they only drop cache specific, but I never believed them. I have never checked to see what legs are cache specific though so I couldnt refute it at the time lol.

Never doing bounties on anything but normal from now on

At least do Master or Hard. So your time isn't infinitely wasted. You'll still one shot everything but youll get a little more paragon exp for your runs.

Maraudering intensifies

zYowZ0h.jpg

This is the best thing I have ever seen. That plus the 3 wolves would be the most amazing thing ever. I literally lol'd when I read the bolded.

I have to ask though, do you get the BENEFIT of all the pets also? Like, the movement speed, defensive stats, hatred per second and whatnot?

Rokam

So do the Barbed Lurker's have some avoidable ability. Whenever I run into a pack of these they hurt like hell. All other packs on torment 1 are incredibly easy for me, but these guys can take me from full to zero in an instant.

Xevren

Difficulty Drop Rate
Normal 5.0%
Hard 6.0%
Expert 7.2%
Master 8.6%
Torment I 10.4%
Torment II 12.4%
Torment III 14.9%
Torment IV 17.9%
Torment V 21.5%
Torment VI 25.8%

so.. low man!

Sucks, but at least a community manager on the blizzard forums chimed in that they're going to be buffing them in the future.

We've been keeping a close eye on player feedback regarding Legendary crafting materials (specifically their drop rates) as well as on our own internal data. Right now, we agree that the drop rates do feel a little low and somewhat prohibitive, particularly since crafting adds another layer of RNG to the mix. In an upcoming patch we're going to be buffing the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats by a fair amount, effectively bringing them in line with the drop rates for Death's Breath.

In case some of you may not have seen previous posts where we've shared the rates for Death's Breath, here you go:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

This also brings up another opportunity for clarity: While the drop rates for Legendary crafting mats do scale with difficulty, their scaling is independent of the Legendary drop rate bonus slider in Torment 1-6. /themoreyouknow

I think I did something horrible. I was super tired last night and salvaged a bunch of level 60 legs to make more room in my inventory. In the process I salvaged 2 pieces of the level 60 Tal Rash set, not thinking they work with l70 variants to achieve the set bonuses. Anyone know how that works? I'm kicking myself right now.

I think I did something horrible. I was super tired last night and salvaged a bunch of level 60 legs to make more room in my inventory. In the process I salvaged 2 pieces of the level 60 Tal Rash set, not thinking they work with l70 variants to achieve the set bonuses. Anyone know how that works? I'm kicking myself right now.

They work, and you messed up, sorry :(

zlatko

Banned
Long windedish post needing advice in various aspects incoming:

* I have a level 21 Crusader. I want to hit level 70 ASAP on him. What's the best means? I know power leveling won't happen so what's my other best bet? Adv mode on master solo/public games. Expert? Story mode on torment?

* I have a level 60 Monk. Still by far the character I have most hours played at around 80 hours. I dropped him off as he was weak sauce compared to my DH/Wiz. How do Monks fair now? Just a slight notch above crusader? ****WHAT BUILD DO YOU RECOMMEND****

*My now 70 DH and Wizard-what's the best way to get them awesome equipment? Farm normal bounties in public groups to do split farms, and open caches? T1 torment neph rifts?

*What's the point of higher level Torment? Better equip? Bragging rights?

*DPS wise, what class is best right now? Wiz and Barb, then the rest are mid ?

Anyone? :)

Yeah for sure. 12% for T2 is crazy. Why would they think that is a good idea for legendaries that don't even have set rolls anymore.

I suddenly feel very fortunate that I've had minimal trouble farming the mats to craft roughly 6 legendaries. Except for one: it took me at least 3 hours of farming to get a Born's Key. I think another plan dropped for me in the process of farming the damn Crypts.

Atlantis

Actually, since this Mojo effect apparently works with Circle of Life, I think I'm going to use it!
If it ever rolls +Zombie Charger damage...

s4XgZku.jpg

Snakes...snakes...SNAKES!?

Dahbomb

1) Best way to get EXP is to do Bounties on Hard/Expert, Master if you have Paragon points and high level gems.

2) There is no "best" Monk build yet but Monks generally use these skills: Lashing Tail Kick as their resource dumping skill for damage. Exploding Palm because it's godlike. Dashing Strike because utility is insane. Cyclone Strike to set up Exploding Palm. Sweeping Wind still gets use. Generally depends on which element you want to maximize, best options are Fire and Lightning Monk.

3) Best place to farm is Torment 1 if you have decent gear and want those set Legendaries. Otherwise Normal is fine. Split farming Bounties for Caches is a good way to acquire Legendaries. You can also do Core of Arreat for easy Legendary drops but its boring as hell

4) Best DPS class is Wizard followed by DH. Monks are solid, at the very least they are a strong support class where they can greatly amplify the damage of Wizards/DHs.

5) Torment 6 is for bragging rights but it also yields very good EXP and Gold IF you can do it at a reasonable pace. Its not worth it for loot unless you are doing Core of Arreat which is just you going through a Torment 6 zone and opening up chests.

I can confirm the Sever does not proc massive number on area damage. I regularly use Cleave with the Rupture rune and enemies do not take massive damage from Slain enemies. I regularly crit for around 2 billion and sometimes I have seen the numbers go as high as 14 billion and this would definately annihilate anything around me but it does not.

The best legendary I have found so far is my amulet which spawns 2 shadow versions of me who are awesome!! They are basically 2 shadow bards with a full range of barbarian moves and runes (which seem to randomly change everytime they are spawned in). They also do the same dps as me it seems (except for the Sever numbers) because when they hit enemies you can see the damage numbers which I don't recall seeing on any other pet builds. They last about 30 seconds then have a cooldown of 30 seconds once they are gone and then when I stun enemies they reappear.

Check it out stryker#6870

This new patch and expansion is awesome imo because I have always played self found and now I can actually find regular upgrades and I only get to play 1-2 hours a night. Also I have never worn a total of 10 legs all at once because now a majority of them are actually useful. Also the new affixes on legendary items are complete build changers as I can never imagine getting rid of my two shadow barbs.

Zeliard

Difficulty Drop Rate
Normal 5.0%
Hard 6.0%
Expert 7.2%
Master 8.6%
Torment I 10.4%
Torment II 12.4%
Torment III 14.9%
Torment IV 17.9%
Torment V 21.5%
Torment VI 25.8%

so.. low man!

Now I feel lucky I managed to get a glowing ore drop on my second farming attempt on Expert.

Svafnir

• There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.

• The number of chests that spawn in certain zones has been reduced.

Upcoming hotfixes.

Dahbomb

• There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.

Upcoming hotfixes.
Well this greatly benefits someone like me who never does those CoA runs or Cache split farming. I do Rifts whenever I play.

I wonder how the 25% bonus applies with higher Torment difficulties. If its multiplicative with the inherent bonuses it might be worth doing T3 Rifts now.

Upcoming hotfixes.

I've probably spent 8 - 10 hours doing core runs and I'm very happy to see this. Will be good to be rewarded for actually killing shit and having fun doing so.

Anyone else noticing an insane decrease in drop rates today?

I ran core of arreat for 2 days straight. Had over 170 legs in 16 hours of core runs... and it just stopped.

Now.. I know I was "exploiting" and I didn't expect it to maintain but today it just stopped... and it did so for all my friends too. I was carrying 3 others and they were also getting mad drops.

So... we decided to play "legit" and we've ran 5 torment 3 rifts and our total legendary count all together? 2. I understand RNG... but there was definitely a change. I am afraid they reverted their torment and kadala changes they made the other day as an attempt to fix the core runs that everyone was doing.

Kinda ridiculous... :-/

Been known for a while. I can't imagine they won't adjust this somehow.

I figured I missed when this was originally posted. Just doesn't make any sense.

Luckily, thanks to D2JSP, I get 20 caches for the usual effort to get 5. Still nothing good has come from them.

So... we decided to play "legit" and we've ran 5 torment 3 rifts and our total legendary count all together? 2. I understand RNG... but there was definitely a change. I am afraid they reverted their torment and kadala changes they made the other day as an attempt to fix the core runs that everyone was doing.
I know they nerfed the chest runs but I didn't think they actually changed anything within the game itself. I certainly hope not because it seems like a pretty low drop rate for mostly crappy legendaries as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom