• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersoc

• There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.

• The number of chests that spawn in certain zones has been reduced.

Upcoming hotfixes.
Holy shit yes! Stuck at work for 5 note hours. Time to spend 400 fragments this weekend!

Lol at core Nerf.

Tokubetsu

These gem prices are killing me. I started RoS with over 6 mill. I have 17 grand right now and I don't even own a single flawless royal.

Vedonar: "This should be going live shortly, but I may not get a chance to update the hotfix notes until after it goes live. It's on its way though!

We are keeping a very close eye on the rate of reward for playing in Story Mode versus Bounties versus Rifts. We wanted to make Rifts more attractive, so that's the aim of this particular hotfix. Consequently, some areas were spawning too many chests and creating a relatively trivial method to acquiring loot. We don't want chests to be in a place where they become unexciting to open when you come across them, but as with other changes we want to address situations that create less than compelling game play."

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12405970517?page=2#24

So they are of the mind that Core runs were no bueno, and hotfix is hopefully soon.

The Cowboy

Behold my Torment Rift loot!!! - bow down to my awesomeness!.
f7jXlIY.jpg

This is every single drop from start to finish.

Do the effects of a time bubble stack? I got a weapon that reduces the cooldown by 58% which obviously is mostly useless if it doesn't stack.

No, it does not stack. Best cooldown for Slow Time is Illusionist passive.

At the rift collection above, dude...it's just a single rift run. What kind of expectations are you setting yourself up for?

The Cowboy

At the rift collection above, dude...it's just a single rift run. What kind of expectations are you setting yourself up for?
Just having a bit of fun matey, but I was a little disappointed as that was easily the hardest Rift I've done yet.
LOL is this your first Rift?
No, I've done quite a few already on the lower difficulties, this was my 1st Torment 3 run (and its the lowest loot I've had from any Rift :D).

Dahbomb

Random is random, sometimes you get more loot sometimes you get less. Depends a lot on Rift configurations.

You should always be doing Rift at which you can complete it in a comfortable pace which is 15-20 mins. Any longer and you should play at a lower difficulty.

Raven77

My God...

What the hell have they done???

I just did 4 Core runs on TORMENT 6, opened probably 16 Demonic Vessels and NOTHING, I don't mean junk, I mean they contained literally nothing. Opened around 5 chests, 2 blues, TOTAL. Read that again, 5 chests, Torment 6, and 2 blues...why in the hell are blues dropping at Torment lvl 6? Not even a single yellow item. I even completely quit the game 3 times and restarted.

No way in hell this is how it is supposed to be.

Wallach

My God...

I just did 4 Core runs on TORMENT 6, opened probably 16 Demonic Vessels and NOTHING, I don't mean junk, I mean they contained literally nothing. Opened around 5 chests, 2 blues, TOTAL. Read that again, 5 chests, Torment 6, and 2 blues...why in the hell are blues dropping at Torment lvl 6? Not even a single yellow item.

haha, get dunked

My God...

I just did 4 Core runs on TORMENT 6, opened probably 16 Demonic Vessels and NOTHING, I don't mean junk, I mean they contained literally nothing. Opened around 5 chests, 2 blues, TOTAL. Read that again, 5 chests, Torment 6, and 2 blues...why in the hell are blues dropping at Torment lvl 6? Not even a single yellow item. I even completely quit the game 3 times and restarted.

Something is going wrong or you've angered the RNG gods.

TheYanger

My God...

I just did 4 Core runs on TORMENT 6, opened probably 16 Demonic Vessels and NOTHING, I don't mean junk, I mean they contained literally nothing. Opened around 5 chests, 2 blues, TOTAL. Read that again, 5 chests, Torment 6, and 2 blues...why in the hell are blues dropping at Torment lvl 6? Not even a single yellow item.

The funny part is, they didn't actually break legendary drops yet. There's just no gold or pots or gems. I opened 6 chests with 1 yellow and NOTHING else, flipped to my other account I was dual boxing, and it had a star from an 'empty' chest. Kept running and yep, you still get all the blue and better items, it's just there to make you think you're getting nothing until the real fix is in is my guess.

Edit: that said, this shit is getting nerfed asap and I can't wait, a buff to rifts is more than welcome. I've now run TEN T2 rifts in a row without a drop, that's horseshit to the max. I love rifts but chests just work. Also, the gold not dropping makes it too much of a drain for anyone without spaulders of zakara tbh.

Skunkers

These gem prices are killing me. I started RoS with over 6 mill. I have 17 grand right now and I don't even own a single flawless royal.

Yeah, I dunno if they've commented on that or not, but I really hope these huge gold sinks are planned to be somewhat temporary; just to drain the excess residual AH gold out of the economy. Because as it stands now, I went into RoS with about 11M gold and I think I'm down to like 4M. I'm finding that I'm basically losing gold every time I play, either gem crafting or enchanting. It may be better at higher difficulties, but even with all the gold I spent I don't think I'm geared enough for Torment. Hopefully their planning on reducing costs a bit or boosting the gold drop rate in a few months.

TheYanger

Yeah, I dunno if they've commented on that or not, but I really hope these huge gold sinks are planned to be somewhat temporary; just to drain the excess residual AH gold out of the economy. Because as it stands now, I went into RoS with about 11M gold and I think I'm down to like 4M. I'm finding that I'm basically losing gold every time I play, either gem crafting or enchanting. It may be better at higher difficulties, but even with all the gold I spent I don't think I'm geared enough for Torment. Hopefully their planning on reducing costs a bit or boosting the gold drop rate in a few months.

start vendoring items instead of salvaging them. You'll make a ton.

Also, once we get into higher torments gold drops go up a lot.

Dahbomb

You get enough gold from playing to sustain yourself. Just start selling Rares to Vendors for spare change.

Today I made 10 million gold (although half of it was from a cheese Torment 6 run that will probably get nerfed). and lost it all to that bitch Myriam!

I just spent 10 million crafting ONLY imperials and flawless imperials. Still trying to get 2 more flawless royal topaz and 1 more flawless royal diamond. Will probably cost me 30-40 million.

Also, based on what I've seen today, the chest running on T6 was definitely nerfed. Last night I managed to get 4 legs in 50 minutes. Today, 1 in 2 hours. That seems more than just unlucky RNG.

Dahbomb

If you are getting 1 Legendary in 2 hours it's now not at all worth it to do chest runs. The base Legendary drop rate is a bit over one hour from just killing random enemies... if you are doing worse than that then your run is shit.

TheYanger

I just spent 10 million crafting ONLY imperials and flawless imperials. Still trying to get 2 more flawless royal topaz and 1 more flawless royal diamond. Will probably cost me 30-40 million.

Also, based on what I've seen today, the chest running on T6 was definitely nerfed. Last night I managed to get 4 legs in 50 minutes. Today, 1 in 2 hours. That seems more than just unlucky RNG.

That's a very small sample. I don't see any point in doing it right now, but it was fine 'today'.

I've had streaks of 40 minutes without one at all, and I've had 3 in one run. It's always been that way.

In the example you're describing, you won't deal 2x the damage; you'll hit faster (though not actually 2x faster because skills like Rapid Fire use certain breakpoints to determine how many units to fire per second based on your APS which doesn't scale intuitively) but each hit will also deal less damage per strike. We'd have to assume that in both weapons' cases they somehow dealt the same damage per strike for the weapon attacking faster to deal more DPS, which will not wind up being true in-game. though the proposition of damage per hit versus base attack rate currently does favor the faster attacking ranged weapons right now as it does not appear 2H crossbows are using the correct base damage at 70.

For the most part, you're correct in that it is largely a playstyle issue, however there are things that you have to keep in mind when it comes to Hatred and attack speed:

Your Hatred regen is not fully based on your generators. You have a base Hatred of 4 per second that is modified further by items on a per-second basis. Because this is a flat value, it actually favors slower attacks that are more efficient on a damage-per-Hatred ratio. That is, since a slower weapon will deal more damage per hit (and thus per point of Hatred spent), each point of Hatred has more value, and natural regeneration obviously is not affected by your attack speed.

This line of thinking applies to all the forms of Hatred regeneration DH has access to outside of our generators. Bat Companion (both the per-second passive and the 50 Hatred active), Blood Vengeance, Reaper's Wraps; all of these restore flat values based on factors outside of our attack speed, which means they inherently favor increasing your damage-per-Hatred efficiency.

One form of Hatred regeneration that is variable based on APS is Marked for Death - Mortal Enemy. However, this really only winds up being a wash and does not actually favor faster attacks in that any Hatred you can gain faster from this via APS will also be spent faster at a lesser per-Hatred efficiency.

A basic real-world example can show how the above forms of regeneration can have pretty noticeable effects on your gameplay. In the case of an ability like Strafe for example, you will burn through significantly more Hatred per second with a very high APS. It is easily possible to create a build where you can regenerate enough Hatred per second to use Strafe indefinitely with a slow APS but not be able to do the same with a high APS because you don't have enough natural regeneration per second to offset the difference in the rate spent.
Thank you very much for the insight. I'm on my phone at a stop light so I can't read it all right now, but will when I get back home.

Karg

Do the effects of a time bubble stack? I got a weapon that reduces the cooldown by 58% which obviously is mostly useless if it doesn't stack.

One thing I noticed with that effect and Time Bubble was using the rune for the 60 yard placement. It allows for multiple bubbles so I could spam them with that wand. Worked pretty nicely.

Rokam

Suggestion for Blizzard, a super rare rift level full of nothing but champion/elite packs and conduit shrines everywhere.

Dahbomb

Suggestion for Blizzard, a super rare rift level full of nothing but champion/elite packs and conduit shrines everywhere.
There isn't a Conduit Pylon everywhere Rift but there are definitely super high density Elite/Champ rifts. Those are the best ones just due to the sheer craziness of it all... I am talking about like 25 packs in a medium sized map clustered together where it wouldn't be uncommon for you to be fighting 3 at a time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
TF5jOxy.png

Me and Kadala are getting married, you are all invited to the wedding.

I think I have spent 20mil rerolling this amulet into giving me IAS today..so many rubies.

At least DPS is up to 650k!

Trying to enchant my legendary weapon to socket....it's up to >600k per enchant...and still no socket. At least i don't need to max gem to reroll weapons.

Kammie

Just having a bit of fun matey, but I was a little disappointed as that was easily the hardest Rift I've done yet.
Go play Path of Exile, you'll be lucky to get a unique item once every 50 hours!

Coming from that game, I'm shocked at how people in this thread complain about loot drops. lol.

I feel so left out on vanilla without rifts. Leveling up through campaign is far from exciting. But no more gaming money for at least a few months to get RoS. Alas..

Dahbomb

Go play Path of Exile, you'll be lucky to get a unique item once every 50 hours!

Coming from that game, I'm shocked at how people in this thread complain about loot drops. lol.
Almost as bad as the people complaining about getting full set pieces but it's not the set they want....

CoolOff

If I have Inna's pants, belt, and armor on a DH with the ring that decreases set requirements by 1, do I get all the Monk-mantras?

TheYanger

I feel so left out on vanilla without rifts. Leveling up through campaign is far from exciting. But no more gaming money for at least a few months to get RoS. Alas..

No thanks, PoE is less fun AND has less loot? Most of the loot you get in Diablo is still shit, but at least it's satisfying to see it. And it has JUST enough of a chance to be good that you're excited.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nice, I really need a level 70 version of this. Bit of a crummy roll on the pet damage though.

Yeah, but even the worst roll is still 75% pet dmg. I can live with it.

You cannot get set items (the class specific end game ones) from Kadala, as they only drop in torment mode. Kadala and Horadric caches only award legendaries that are available outside of torment. That excludes the set items, follower tokens and legendary potions (not 100% sure about the last two, but I do believe they also only drop in the torment difficulties).

The list of Torment only legendaries I found (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11582368188) doesn't include the set I want (Tal Rasha's), but this is good to know.

TTOOLL

I can survive T3 now and progress, but holy crap the loot just isn't good enough if you factor time. Back to T1 ;)

Trying to enchant my legendary weapon to socket....it's up to >600k per enchant...and still no socket. At least i don't need to max gem to reroll weapons.

I think my luckiest roll on RoS so far was the 10% crit chance on my Mirrorball. I couldn't have been happier :)

Wasted 11 forgotten souls on a weapon trying to add a socket before I just binned it. RNG....

Dahbomb

It takes me 5 Rifts to get a Legendary on average Going by the new 25% change that would mean I might see one every 4 Rifts or I might see an extra Legendary after 20 Rifts.

It's not as big of a change as some people are expecting....they aren't going to be raining Legendaries.

It might be more noticeable on T6 but no one can farm T6 efficiently to confirm.

Is anyone seeing fewer Death's Breath? I could have sworn I used to be getting them at like every other elite pack. Last 3 rifts I did I got like 2 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom