• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone seeing fewer Death's Breath? I could have sworn I used to be getting them at like every other elite pack. Last 3 rifts I did I got like 2 total.
RNG.

There are good days and bad days. Some days I'll get lots of Souls and Breaths from Rifts...some days literally none. Hella frustrating.

dengatron

im getting less than 1 legendary per hour farming 6-7 rifts an hour with a group of 4. it's frustrating waiting 3 hours for a drop and it being another pair of slave bonds or another stolen ring. haven't gotten a wearable upgrade in days.

and yes, rng gonna rng, but at least if i saw drops once an hour or less, i'd at least feel okay when some of them are absolute shit.

im getting less than 1 legendary per hour farming 6-7 rifts an hour with a group of 4. it's frustrating waiting 3 hours for a drop and it being another pair of slave bonds or another stolen ring. haven't gotten a wearable upgrade in days.
Sound like it's time to roll another chat to 70! You ge to have that "just hit 70 omg everything I good" feeling for the next week. It's hard to find upgrades once you hit a certain threshold. You start needin near perfect stats an sets that give bonus main stat.

scy

Sound like it's time to roll another chat to 70! You ge to have that "just hit 70 omg everything I good" feeling for the next week. It's hard to find upgrades once you hit a certain threshold. You start needin near perfect stats an sets that give bonus main stat.

I spent ~20 Diamonds rerolling my Krede's Flame to 6.0% Crit.

-1.5% Damage.

welp.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Azmodan just dropped this. Daddy like.

IjNqtsC.jpg

dentoomw

So a week or so in running Torment 1, My monk is sitting nicely at 260k DPS, 8M toughness and about 15k healing unbuffed....

DPS goes up to 320k when all the procs are going off. - but I know this is my weak area and I need to work up to this. I'm considering how much toughness I could get away with losing - any thoughts GAF? I do like how tanky I am though.

Here's a link to my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Candalos-1205/hero/40785345

Me and my buddy are gonna try running T2 tonight and see how it works out. T1 is barely challenging anymore (to the point stuff dies so fast I have no opportunity to build up spirit, lol)

The only thing that seems to really be problematic still are mobs that have multiple DoT abilities like Molten / Arcane Sentry / Freezing etc. But I think this is an issue for almost everyone :p

Radec

The only thing that seems to really be problematic still are mobs that have multiple DoT abilities like Molten / Arcane Sentry / Freezing etc. But I think this is an issue for almost everyone :p

Monks can handle molten and those poison pools with healing mantra.

Stay away from the lasers though.

Rokam

Please RNGeezus no more Hammer Jammers or Leroic's Crowns. I don't want them. Out of my last 4 Legendaries 2 have been Crowns.

5 legs rifting for a couple hours. Nothing amazing though, a plan, Blind Faith, Skorn, Squirt's Necklace and Thundergod's Vigor

Blind Faith would have been great for my monk but I was playing my Wizard at the time :(

Boogdud

I'm trying to finish a T1 rift with my crusader with 300k dps and 4.5m toughness and it is the absolute most miserable experience I've ever had in this game. I literally ran out of potions. I think once I'm done I'm just transferring my shit to my barb and calling it a day until they work something out. This is too much work for too little reward.

I'm trying to finish a T1 rift with my crusader with 300k dps and 4.5m toughness and it is the absolute most miserable experience I've ever had in this game. I literally ran out of potions. I think once I'm done I'm just transferring my shit to my barb and calling it a day until they work something out. This is too much work for too little reward.

Sorry to hear this, I would tell you Crusader gets better...but I'd be lying like hell.

Roll a witch doctor.

J-Rzez

The funny part is, they didn't actually break legendary drops yet. There's just no gold or pots or gems. I opened 6 chests with 1 yellow and NOTHING else, flipped to my other account I was dual boxing, and it had a star from an 'empty' chest. Kept running and yep, you still get all the blue and better items, it's just there to make you think you're getting nothing until the real fix is in is my guess.

Is this still the case? Did you try it further to confirm it? I was so close to my good set bonus... :(

RDreamer

I'm confused. Why is Battle.net preparing to patch Diablo 3 on my computer? It says it has over 10 gigs of content to download. Uh... what? I just wanted to pop on and play, what the fuck is it doing?

Seriously, this is pissing me off. I got off a long day of work and want to play. Why the hell is it saying I need to patch again?

Yeah, I dunno if they've commented on that or not, but I really hope these huge gold sinks are planned to be somewhat temporary; just to drain the excess residual AH gold out of the economy. Because as it stands now, I went into RoS with about 11M gold and I think I'm down to like 4M. I'm finding that I'm basically losing gold every time I play, either gem crafting or enchanting. It may be better at higher difficulties, but even with all the gold I spent I don't think I'm geared enough for Torment. Hopefully their planning on reducing costs a bit or boosting the gold drop rate in a few months.

yeah the gem crafting prices are absurd though for the most part I haven't crafted much. Started ROS with 32 mil and now I'm up to 42mil. Will have to start crafting imperial and flawless imperials soon though because I am maybe seeing only 1 or 2 drop per t1 rift and my stone of jordan needs a reroll...

also, I found that powerlevling new characters for friends is a great way to make money. Having the game cranked up to T6 makes the gold drops awesome lol

IIRC sets that can't be equipped by all classes aren't able to be transmogged.

ah ok, yeah its a pretty sweet skin kinda, guess they are keeping it exclusive for now

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
5Ag1kaJ.jpg

Got this about an hour after I got Fate of the Fell I linked above. The loot gods were with me tonight. This one with the holy buffs is nice on my crusader, especially with the Holy Cause passive and it frees up an extra spot where I would normally have Heavenly Strength. Good stuff, love this game.

lt519

Finally got my barb over 1 mil dps buffed and about 9 mil toughness (800 res all). Got a Fulminator today with a great re-roll for a socket. I do a lot more with my amulet, and stacked fire multipliers.

8bURWZql.jpg

Put my shield back on today for some higher torment runs. Got a crazy drop 8% crit chance, 9% elite damage reduction, 5% ranged reduction with a 10% block. Re-rolled for 500+ strength too.

Build

Twas a good day for upgrading.

Edit: Hey they fixed the mystic rolling in the profiles!!

jrcbandit

Did 5 Torment 1 rifts and all I got to show for it is 1 crappy legendary that was immediately salvaged ;p. I barely even got Imperial gem drops, and many chests were dropping absolutely nothing. Bad luck and/or hotfix?

lt519

Did 5 Torment 1 rifts and all I got to show for it is 1 crappy legendary that was immediately salvaged ;p. I barely even got Imperial gem drops, and many chests were dropping absolutely nothing. Bad luck and/or hotfix?

I did about 6 rift runs and got two legs from chests and two forgotten souls from guardians. Bad luck I think ): I also got some much welcomed emerald plans on the rift runs today.

lt519

So here's a question. My frenzy rune makes the damage fire. Does that mean it overrides my weapons lightning elemental damage or is it doing both? If so I'm going to have to rebuild around lightning bonus damage and change my frenzy rune. I want that effect on my weapon running full bore.

Nete

If I had a soul left to offer to the RNG gods, this is what I would be wishing for.

My thought exactly.

On the other hand, after stealing a Stone of Jordan I did loot with my Witch Doctor, I'm already at +89% Holy Damage. My chain Condemns are hitting over 32mil per explosion against elites, and my Haven's Fury/Fires of Heaven is pretty damn close to that. I hope I'll get a Fate of the Fell soon (because crusader set pieces *are* an hoax).

Is a bit odd to use a +INT ring tho :p

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kharn-2862/hero/38515461

GorillaJu

I think the best part about this thread is when people come in soaked in tears because they caught some bad RNG. "I'm gonna quit diablo cuz Blizzard won't give me my legs! I've been running core for DAAAAYS and I'm not getting anything! Boohoo! Blizzard nerfed me favorite loot fountain!"

For people who do monotonous grinding solely for items: how do you even enjoy this if all you do is play to upgrade an arbitrary number? What is your end goal, to have a higher number than all your friends? To be able to plow down shit in T1? Are you ever going to say "okay I've reached my goal of getting good enough loot to farm without cheesing, let's put it on T4 and challenge myself!" Because I think you'll just go back to the endless grind of upgrading a pointless number through whatever the path of least resistance is.

The reward for playing the game is enjoyment of playing - or at least it should be. Legendary items/upgrades have no intrinsic value, and now that there's no AH that is especially true. "Blizzard should reward me with legs!" is a silly mentality, not because of the sense of entitlement, but because the idea that a legendary is worth something to you, when all it does is let you play the same game on a slightly higher difficulty setting.

I think the best part about this thread is when people come in soaked in tears because they caught some bad RNG. "I'm gonna quit diablo cuz Blizzard won't give me my legs! I've been running core for DAAAAYS and I'm not getting anything! Boohoo! Blizzard nerfed me favorite loot fountain!"

For people who do monotonous grinding solely for items: how do you even enjoy this if all you do is play to upgrade an arbitrary number? What is your end goal, to have a higher number than all your friends? To be able to plow down shit in T1? Are you ever going to say "okay I've reached my goal of getting good enough loot to farm without cheesing, let's put it on T4 and challenge myself!" Because I think you'll just go back to the endless grind of upgrading a pointless number through whatever the path of least resistance is.

The reward for playing the game is enjoyment of playing - or at least it should be. Legendary items/upgrades have no intrinsic value, and now that there's no AH that is especially true. "Blizzard should reward me with legs!" is a silly mentality, not because of the sense of entitlement, but because the idea that a legendary is worth something to you, when all it does is let you play the same game on a slightly higher difficulty setting.

#2deep4me

Tarazet

Hearthstone thread = QQ about legendary cards.
WoW thread = QQ about legendary cape.
Diablo thread = QQ about legendary drops.

They should just drop the whole damn legendary thing, all it does is make people angry.

They should just drop the whole damn legendary thing, all it does is make people angry.

Then people will just complain about not getting the right yellow. Newsflash people, in a game with RNG people are going to complain 80% of it is just heat of the moment disappointment; welcome to videogames please have a seat, we send out quarterly pamphlets and the tea is free.

TxdoHawk

Am I missing anything significant not having the expansion, if I don't have anyone remotely near the old level cap? The closest I get is a 37 wizard that I haven't touched since reinstalling.

Here is my Fetish Witch Doctor Build. Feeling pretty good about him. Fetishes hitting for about 2.5 - 3.0 million crits. I have about 40-50% crit rate.

I have a decent amount of +% Physical Damage to help boost them and lots of Attack Speed to boost their damage. Wish I could replace some of these lvl 60 legendary items.. but that will be tough.

Really glad they fixed the enchant stuff on profiles.

EDIT: I also have a ridiculous amount of HP.. 566k.

Cipherr

start vendoring items instead of salvaging them. You'll make a ton.

Also, once we get into higher torments gold drops go up a lot.

Unless you gather every yellow and blue that drops resulting in a town visit every 3 minutes you aren't going to make gold in high enough quantities to support gemming your main and your alts, let alone rerolling items at the high end. And even in Torment 4 bounties, chests, mobs and quests don't reward enough gold IMO. It scales awfully, and greatly benefits the folks that bought gold with $$ just before the RMAH went down.

It makes me sick. I hope its temporary just to drain the economy because this is some BS.

Am I missing anything significant not having the expansion, if I don't have anyone remotely near the old level cap? The closest I get is a 37 wizard that I haven't touched since reinstalling.

I don't think you are really missing anything except act 5 until you hit level 60. But the game has changed drastically. These days you hit 60 just by doing the campain once. The difficulty levels that you can scale up for more exp + better drops makes the early game fly by. Youll resume paying and hit 60 in a day easy.

lt519

For people who do monotonous grinding solely for items: how do you even enjoy this if all you do is play to upgrade an arbitrary number? What is your end goal, to have a higher number than all your friends? To be able to plow down shit in T1?

I don't think anyone just plays for the items. They play because it is fun to optimize your character based on new items. I've changed my build 3 times in 3 days and every time it's gotten better. But yes it's fun to plow shit in T1 but the real fun is higher torment rift runs that have densely packed elite/champ mobs. The game is still a very fun ARPG despite everyone's lost thoughts on the item grind. To others it's an exercise in an optimization/math problem or 'theorycraft.' It's ok to vent after getting boned by the RNG. I come home and vent about my dick coworkers but I still love my job.

Dahbomb

5 legs rifting for a couple hours. Nothing amazing though, a plan, Blind Faith, Skorn, Squirt's Necklace and Thundergod's Vigor

Blind Faith would have been great for my monk but I was playing my Wizard at the time :(
Mine is about the same as yours only one less Legendary but one more Set plan. The Legendaries were all insta Forgotten Soul tier though... but I don't mind because I need to stock up on Souls.

Anecdotal but I got more Legendaries over the course of my run than before (for some hours spent). The slight improvement was there for me at least. This was on T2 though.

Oh and fuck everyone who has a Thundergods! I have been trying to get that Legendary since 2.0 dropped!

GorillaJu

Blizzard knows they can hook people with their well-tuned Skinner box.

That psychological effect that some different color text has is huge. You've got a better chance of getting 1m+ DPS if you examine all your rare drops for good potential re-rolls and just going full yellow gear. But I know a lot of people just sell all their yellows without looking at them because they assume that only legendaries will give them an upgrade, even though the chance of a good leg roll is low, where they are seeing so many yellows drops that if they took a second look at them before selling them off they'd be able to upgrade their DPS easily.

lt519

Unless you gather every yellow and blue that drops resulting in a town visit every 3 minutes you aren't going to make gold in high enough quantities to support gemming your main and your alts, let alone rerolling items at the high end. And even in Torment 4 bounties, chests, mobs and quests don't reward enough gold IMO. It scales awfully, and greatly benefits the folks that bought gold with $$ just before the RMAH went down.

I made over 2 mil today just running rifts and bounties, the rewards alone are enough to support a little gem crafting and the mystic everyday. Try getting some equipment with gold+%, I'm often picking up drops from mobs in the thousands. I only keep yellows though and pretty much only break them down for materials. Also gems in torment are worth a few thousand, no need to stock up on the lowest level torment ones.

Dahbomb

That psychological effect that some different color text has is huge. You've got a better chance of getting 1m+ DPS if you examine all your rare drops for good potential re-rolls and just going full yellow gear. But I know a lot of people just sell all their yellows without looking at them because they assume that only legendaries will give them an upgrade, even though the chance of a good leg roll is low, where they are seeing so many yellows drops that if they took a second look at them before selling them off they'd be able to upgrade their DPS easily.
I agree 100%.

Only my two weapons are Legendary the rest are all Rares. But the Rares have all the stats I need to play even at T3. I pick up every.rare and examine it closely. A lot of Rares can be enchanted to be good and a few can be enchanted to be godly. I have like 6 Bracers in my inventory for 6 different element types all have crit chance, main stat and all res. I have 7 different trifecta Gloves, about as many Rings as well.

It's still hard to break 1 million with just Rares. I am just under 800K with 7 million toughness (1700 all res with OWE), I can probably get there if I use some buffs like those Wizards do (Breath of Heaven plus Blinding Flash plus Retribution Mantra plus Fire Ally +4 man unity passive plus combination strike = 1 million DPS).

lt519

Your forgetting the legendaries can have significant attributes rares don't. My amulet explodes for 300% weapon damage obliterating everything around it. Sure some rares can be better, and I do equip some over legendaries I have. But by in large legendaries have a much much higher possibility of making your character a terror. That's why they are exciting. You 1m+ DPS from yellows is just paper DPS. My paper DPS is something like 350k unbuffed but when I factor in my legendaries special attributes I deal 2 to 3 million the majority of the time (see above pic).

Edit: I'm actually still using two level 60 legendaries from pre RoS 2.0 patch because their scaling beats any rare I've found.

GorillaJu

I don't think anyone just plays for the items. They play because it is fun to optimize your character based on new items. I've changed my build 3 times in 3 days and every time it's gotten better. But yes it's fun to plow shit in T1 but the real fun is higher torment rift runs that have densely packed elite/champ mobs. The game is still a very fun ARPG despite everyone's lost thoughts on the item grind. To others it's an exercise in an optimization/math problem or 'theorycraft.' It's ok to vent after getting boned by the RNG. I come home and vent about my dick coworkers but I still love my job.

People definitely do - I see people log on for hours at a time and do Core runs and people that do normal cache runs instead of appropriately leveled bounties or rifts and other things that circumvent the challenge and fun of the game for the sake of efficiency. But the question is, efficiency toward what end? The game is being rebalanced continuously to make it fun at all difficulty levels. You don't need item upgrades to open up new content like you do in an MMO, for example.

I understand feeling burned by RNG and "I haven't found any good items in hours" is a legit complaint – that's something I know well myself. I still haven't found the items I really want (Fate of the Fell, namely) and I've gotten some great legendaries with terribad rolls. But I am still enjoying the game, playing on T3 or higher and I am not willing to sacrifice my time and potential enjoyment in order to cheese my way to a higher number that means absolutely nothing. It's the people I see who willingly admit that they're using broken methods to try and get easy items who then go on to cry because their items haven't been good.

Seriously it's funny and I like it, I'm not asking people to stop. Like that guy who posted a video, including him sending a PM to someone calling him "nigger" in his chat box with 30 caches who then crashed with several orange items still on the ground. That lovely feeling of schadenfreude.

Your forgetting the legendaries can have significant attributes rares don't. My amulet explodes for 300% weapon damage obliterating everything around it. Sure some rares can be better, and I do equip some over legendaries I have. But by in large legendaries have a much much higher possibility of making your character a terror. That's why they are exciting. You 1m+ DPS from yellows is just paper DPS. My paper DPS is something like 350k unbuffed but when I factor in my legendaries special attributes I deal 2 to 3 million the majority of the time (see above pic).

Edit: I'm actually still using two level 60 legendaries from pre RoS 2.0 patch because their scaling beats any rare I've found.

Bingo. I have quite a few number of rares with better stats than my current wand. But my current wand gives me 3 additional explosive blasts thus making any yellow absolutely garbage before it. Especally when each blast crits for 10-15m and only has a 6 second cool down.

Paper specs really don't mean shit.

ZenaxPure

You can't play in adventure mode, which sounds like it sucks. I haven't gone back to story once (outside of free final boss legendary) since I finished act 5 on my barbarian. If you don't mind playing the story over and over to level up it's not a big deal, but, adventure mode is more varied and gives more xp. You can access it on any character of any level once you finish the game for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom