• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't play in adventure mode, which sounds like it sucks. I haven't gone back to story once (outside of free final boss legendary) since I finished act 5 on my barbarian. If you don't mind playing the story over and over to level up it's not a big deal, but, adventure mode is more varied and gives more xp. You can access it on any character of any level once you finish the game for the first time.

He can't even get max level. Without expansion the highest he can go is 60.

Sciz

Alright, my turn to show off loot:

diablo_shardofhatennuas.png

diablo_vyrschestjou62.png

These dropped within five minutes of each other on the same T2 rift floor. Rolled better damage on the Shard and vit on the Vyr's, and the two together saw me go from seriously thinking about dropping back to T1 to steamrolling T2 elites.

This game, man.

Cipherr

For people who do monotonous grinding solely for items: how do you even enjoy this if all you do is play to upgrade an arbitrary number? What is your end goal, to have a higher number than all your friends? To be able to plow down shit in T1? Are you ever going to say "okay I've reached my goal of getting good enough loot to farm without cheesing, let's put it on T4 and challenge myself!" Because I think you'll just go back to the endless grind of upgrading a pointless number through whatever the path of least resistance is.

Whoa... WHOAAAA! STOP breh, what are you trying to do here! You are going to mess around and help us realize that this is all pointless. Then we will end up turning off the PC, using our free time to solve actual problems, spending time with our children and enriching our lives by doing things that are actually productive.

I don't think any of us want that. Lets stop rocking the flimsy boat we are all in here. The fallout could be catastrophic.

ZenaxPure said:
You can't play in adventure mode, which sounds like it sucks. I haven't gone back to story once (outside of free final boss legendary) since I finished act 5 on my barbarian. If you don't mind playing the story over and over to level up it's not a big deal, but, adventure mode is more varied and gives more xp. You can access it on any character of any level once you finish the game for the first time.

Yeah this is the big one here. Campaign mode just sucks. Adventure is 20 times better, especially for leveling. I doubt I ever touch campaign again, when I do itll only be to get the free legendary off of Malthael that I have yet to get on my alts.

Baliis

Got a Cindercoat, Mirrorball, Chantodos source, and Oculus Ring from Kadala between last night and tonight. Never going to doubt her again.

Nokterian

Whoa... WHOAAAA! STOP breh, what are you trying to do here! You are going to mess around and help us realize that this is all pointless. Then we will end up turning off the PC, using our free time to solve actual problems, spending time with our children and enriching our lives by doing things that are actually productive.

I don't think any of us want that. Lets stop rocking the flimsy boat we are all in here. The fallout could be catastrophic.

Yeah this is the big one here. Campaign mode just sucks. Adventure is 20 times better, especially for leveling. I doubt I ever touch campaign again, when I do itll only be to get the free legendary off of Malthael that I have yet to get on my alts.

Adventure Mode is basically Dark Souls, go anywhere and do anything you want no string attached. I can't go back either to the campaign yes finished Act V it was very nice overall but doing the campaign over...over...and over again was getting tired also boring near the release of the expansion i almost couldn't take it anymore. One of the reasons in vanilla D3 i didn't level up my alts at all because of that. Act V is still very great to play buck loads of content instead of Act II for example.

Not in-game related, but I got my physical CE in the mail today, gave the game code to my brother since he seemed a bit down last time I talked to him.

I told myself that I wouldn't buy the CE after getting the digital deluxe, but man, there is not a single gaming company in the entire industry that can even touch the consistency of quality that Blizzard churns out with all their CE releases. Besides, my D3 CE was looking lonely next to all my WoW CEs.

Personally I'd like for it to rain legendaries. Say you want to go for a fire build and want to do as much fire damage boosting as possible. Fairly easily you can get your bracers and amulets set up, and then what? You wait for that lucky drop. Are you even going to be interested when you finally get that drop, maybe you'll be onto something else. I don't think getting items in and of itself is an endgame. I'd like to try out a bunch of builds, play with a large varieties of legendary affixes because I think they'd be fun to use, not fun to get. Playing with my usual most effective set up is going to get boring a lot sooner than having wide variety of stuff to toy around with. You've got these items and mechanics that can keep things fresh for people and they're locked behind absurd RNG.

At the very least there should be loot tables on monsters or different kinds of rifts that drop a certain type of item. Something to target the grind that we're on, gambling is a smalls step but I want it to go deeper. No I'm not going to quit the game once I've completed my class set or whatever, it's not like Blizz are trying to squeeze a subscription out of me. I mean, come on.

The game is still fun but seriously. And take out those trash legendaries that only roll 100 higher vit/dex/str/int.

Dahbomb

Obviously Legendaries trump Rares... that's the point of them. Even Legendaries with no special attributes have higher stat budgets than Rares meaning a no special affix Legendary can still beat a perfect Rare.

The point he was making was that you don't need Legendaries to have fun or farm content or get high damage/toughness. People's minds have warped around the concept of "Legendary or its shit".

Wolfie5

So I got fire walkers from Kadala last night. I am thinking of re-rolling AR 93 to 400-500 vit.
I am wondering which stat is better of the two? Playing currently on T1. How much AR do you need before it gets useless?

Dahbomb

So I got fire walkers from Kadala last night. I am thinking of re-rolling AR 93 to 400-500 vit.
I am wondering which stat is better of the two? Playing currently on T1. How much AR do you need before it gets useless?
3000 AR.

If I turn on my Mantra of Healing I can get 2000 All Res and it still doesn't feel like its enough at above T3.

Vitality IMO is secondary to AR. You can get by with just 100K-200K health if you have a ton of mitigation (armor plus all res) and some healing (like 15K-20k). On the flip side you can have a million health but low AR you can still get crushed by T1 mobs.

I would personally never replace AR with Vit. I know that the in game Toughness shows that getting Vit is a Toughness increase but it's not accurate to what actually happens in the game.

The point he was making was that you don't need Legendaries to have fun or farm content or get high damage/toughness. People's minds have warped around the concept of "Legendary or its shit".

A well rolled rare isn't going to be beaten out by a legendary by all that much anyway. And people think a lot of legendaries are shit. Not a big fan of the 100 more stat bs. Less or none of those and more 'do stuff' legendaries that drop more reasonably would be my ideal D3. Then you'd have a mix of rares and maybe a build making item or two in the mix.

Radec

wow, so crafting mats for legs are going to be in lined with Death's Breath huh..

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Obviously Legendaries trump Rares... that's the point of them. Even Legendaries with no special attributes have higher stat budgets than Rares meaning a no special affix Legendary can still beat a perfect Rare.

More like people's minds are on the concept of "If it's not going to increase my actual DPS and not paper sheet shit, then it's worthless" because it is.

Dahbomb

More like people's minds are on the concept of "If it's not going to increase my actual DPS and not paper sheet shit, then it's worthless" because it is.
Who said anything about just sheet DPS?? Rares are capable of raising your actual DPS just fine. Not everyone has a 700 Intel dual crit Moonlight Ward so until you get one then you have to use an Arcane element, main stat, double crit Rare Amulet... which in most cases is probably going to be a DPS increase over what you have now (even if it doesn't show on the sheet, the 15% element skill even trumps a high crit chance roll sometimes).

You can also manipulate Rares easier to support your build. You can start speccing for resource cost reduction (underrated affix especially for Wizards) instead of IAS and you can start choosing which Rares you want to enchant specific affixes. It's much more expensive to be tinkering around Legendaries for weird builds like those that maximize cooldown.

Nymerio

They should remove the sheet dps number. I'm getting really annoyed by my friend calling every item shit that doesn't improve the number. I got the ring that reduces set requirements and he calls it shit because it would lower his dps by 5% but doesn't even consider that it would give him Tal's 4 piece set bonus and maybe even another set bonus from a different set. And the number is useless anyway once you start stacking elemental damage.

ElyrionX

Need a new chest run guys. I can't go back to Rift Bounty runs after the fruitful Core runs of the past two days. I wish I had heard of the Core runs sooner.

Someone mentioned Pandemmonium Fortress earlier. How high is the chest density in that area?

Who said anything about just sheet DPS?? Rares are capable of raising your actual DPS just fine. Not everyone has a 700 Intel dual crit Moonlight Ward so until you get one then you have to use an Arcane element, main stat, double crit Rare Amulet... which in most cases is probably going to be a DPS increase over what you have now (even if it doesn't show on the sheet, the 15% element skill even trumps a high crit chance roll sometimes).

The person who's argument you're defending. His first statement is about getting to 1m sheet damage. I mean really, lol at chasing paper stats. I mean that's cool and all if that's your thing. But many people here are probably after legendaries because they can go no further with their particular build with legendaries.

You can also manipulate Rares easier to support your build. You can start speccing for resource cost reduction (underrated affix especially for Wizards) instead of IAS and you can start choosing which Rares you want to enchant specific affixes. It's much more expensive to be tinkering around Legendaries for weird builds like those that maximize cooldown.

And most people are well aware of this, and most people are probably at their limits of what a rare is going to do for them even with rerolling stats. Thus they look for the next thing that will bring them a damage increase and that is...legendaries *gasp*. I don't even know why you're explaining this to me, I've been rocking yellows since forever and gladly salvage legendaries that do shit for me. You're regurgitating well known information that is borderline common sense for most people in GAF clan.

The whole "I'm complaining about people complaining about not getting legendaries" within itself is some really kettle pot type shit. Let muthafuckas play the game they want to play. If they want to complain about not getting legs, then let them. Ignore it and play your game; I swear people in this thread spend more time sweatin what other cats do more than anything else. You cats always actin like you paid for their copy of D3 and ROS the way many people bitch about others complaining. Damn, shit is annoying...and now here I am complaining about you mofos complaining about people complaining about not getting legs; god I hate ya'll sometimes.

They should remove the sheet dps number. I'm getting really annoyed by my friend calling every item shit that doesn't improve the number. I got the ring that reduces set requirements and he calls it shit because it would lower his dps by 5% but doesn't even consider that it would give him Tal's 4 piece set bonus and maybe even another set bonus from a different set. And the number is useless anyway once you start stacking elemental damage.

Yep, sheet dps is worthless. I have stacked +whirlwind% damage and +fire% damage, both of which aren't factored into sheet dps. Someone could inspect my character and see 375k sheet dps and assume I'm undergeared for the group.

Ashodin

Goals:

• Need better shoulders
  • Could use more blackthorne's
  • Could use some Akkhan's
  • Could use some Flail of the Fell
  • Really need Andariel's Visage
  • ???

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yep, sheet dps is worthless. I have stacked +whirlwind% damage and +fire% damage, both of which aren't factored into sheet dps. Someone could inspect my character and see 375k sheet dps and assume I'm undergeared for the group.

Naw they should definitely not remove it or knowing what's better and what isn't would be even more of a nightmare.

What they should do is make things a bit more comprehensive. Like adding individual ability DPS under each tool tip which would show all changes including those from %ability damage and %element damage and the benefits of CDR and RCR, though RCR would be harder to show.

Paper dps is calculated against regular attack, as in no ability damage. It's a valuable number but it's a misleading number because lowering it by 200k with the right decisions can lead to an over all DPS increase of a similar amount.

ElyrionX

I'm jelly of all these Wizards with Mirrorballs that rolled 2 additional magic missiles, unlike my 1.

At least you have one. I found my first unique source yesterday and it was the Lightofsomething that makes Ray of Frost piercing. Found a second unique source two hours later and it was the same fucking source goddamnit.

Discobird

Anyone gambled a Danetta's since the hotfix that made class set items only drop in Torment and not from Kadala?

On the one hand Danetta's is a class set so it falls within the principle, on the other hand this blue post explicitly lists the affected sets and Danetta's isn't there. Would like to know before I go spend a lot of shards.

Sciz

At least you have one. I found my first unique source yesterday and it was the Lightofsomething that makes Ray of Frost piercing. Found a second unique source two hours later and it was the same fucking source goddamnit.

Piercing RoF is absolutely incredible, at least.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Dude a source that makes Ray of Frost piercing is something to hold on to! Ray of frost has a way more cost effective AP to damage ratio than disintegrate! Hell you can basically do infinite Ray builds without any special gear.

ElyrionX

That's what I thought at first but I tried it briefly and it did not feel as powerful or fluid as my cookie cutter Frozen Orb build.

Maybe I will go take a look at it again later today.

V_Arnold

Need a new chest run guys. I can't go back to Rift Bounty runs after the fruitful Core runs of the past two days. I wish I had heard of the Core runs sooner.

Someone mentioned Pandemmonium Fortress earlier. How high is the chest density in that area?

What a scary example of messing up your own enjoyment. Even without AH, people manage to do this...damn.

ViviOggi

I'm trying to finish a T1 rift with my crusader with 300k dps and 4.5m toughness and it is the absolute most miserable experience I've ever had in this game. I literally ran out of potions. I think once I'm done I'm just transferring my shit to my barb and calling it a day until they work something out. This is too much work for too little reward.

What's

your

build

Piercing RoF is absolutely incredible, at least.

Dude a source that makes Ray of Frost piercing is something to hold on to! Ray of frost has a way more cost effective AP to damage ratio than disintegrate! Hell you can basically do infinite Ray builds without any special gear.

This, ray of frost is criminally underrated. Everyone goes disintegrate and always ignores RoF.

I'm jelly of all these Wizards with Mirrorballs that rolled 2 additional magic missiles, unlike my 1.

Word. Mirror ball is just so amazing, yet another build changing item for wizards. Stuff like that is what many other classes are jelly about most when it comes to wizards. And the tears sustain me.

Uh well shit. Fire Walkers scales with +% fire damage. 3.1mil damage a second on mobs just walking around. GG.

Oh well fuck me sideways, I didn't even realize that. Need a pair ASAP like Rocky.

Moff

I'm leveling a crusader right now and I swear it broke my smart loot.
the last legs my 70 wizard has found were: 2x2hand swords, 2x2hand maces, 1x2hand axe and 3 or 4 shields, wtf.

Orcastar

Finally replaced my wizard's lvl 60 Mirroball last night with a Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare. On sheet damage increase of around 20% and it rolled a 15% damage bonus for Arcane Orb.

And I'm still debating whether it's actually better than the Mirroball...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom