• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurohana

My Mirrorball rolled with perfect crit chance, high intelligence, 4 arcane power on crit, 2 extra missiles and I put arcane orb damage on it, but the damage is pretty middle of the ground. I kind of don't like it because it refills my arcane power so fast that I don't feel like I can even consider using another source.

Jubbly

There's no point replacing these unless I get something similar, right? Even at level 70 I'm thinking they would be incredibly powerful as its 286% of your current weapon damage.

uSbZm1k.png

Super bummed right now. Found the 1h axe that gives + to fire. Two of them actually. I salvaged the garbage one. Then I tried to get a socket on the other. I was a little tired though and somehow salvaged the axe instead of a shield for the soul. It would have put me at close to 100 fire with about 30 to cyclone strike. My cyclones are buff right now (especially after epiphany) but this would have made em better!!

O well ... Another day.

ElyrionX

What a scary example of messing up your own enjoyment. Even without AH, people manage to do this...damn.

Your mistake is in assuming that I didn't have fun doing the chest runs. Trust me, I most certainly did. The runs are not braindead runthroughs just to open chests. There is a certain amount of crowd control involved. And the most fun part comes when you hear that unmistakable "clank" sound and an orange or green beam shoots up to the sky.

There's no point replacing these unless I get something similar, right? Even at level 70 I'm thinking they would be incredibly powerful as its 286% of your current weapon damage.

You'll find better as the stats on stuff scales quickly as you level ... the secondary effect is nice but you will want to change out for the sake of stats/armor.

Likewise you can always get that at 70 again.

Your mistake is in assuming that I didn't have fun doing the chest runs. Trust me, I most certainly did. The runs are not braindead runthroughs just to open chests. There is a certain amount of crowd control involved. And the most fun part comes when you hear that unmistakable "clank" sound and an orange or green beam shoots up to the sky.

Guess what.. That most fun part exists when you kill things and level up as well!

TransTrender

Gold Member
Played a fair amount of T1 and T2 rifts today and it was pretty dry. 5 legendaries if you count 2 souls and a crafting item.

It has been pretty dry all week actually...and supposedly it was hotfixed today to increase the drop rates?

Ran enough for about 600 blood shards tonight. Also never managed to get a legendary or set piece from gambling since it went live.

Uh well shit. Fire Walkers scales with +% fire damage. 3.1mil damage a second on mobs just walking around. GG.

Yea Fire Walkers are awesome boots for a +fire% build that I'm currently running on my barb. If I find a good pair of Ice Climbers I might replace them though.

Would anyone on EU like to run t1 rifts or spam act2 bounties (for the act2 caches which can drop the gloves that make pylon buffs last for 10 minutes and are awesome)

I've got a 1.38m dmg wizard so the runs are really fast (biggest problem is running out of rift shards when soloing <.< )

add me if so : Finicky#2766

V_Arnold

I do not doubt you having fun, but you are becoming a TREASURE GOBLIN in playstyle, looking for places to open chests :D Now that the Core is done, what next? Trying to open angiris bascets or whatever they are called in Act IV? Then bargaining in front of the big monster in Road To Alcarnus? :D

Nymerio

I'm really liking the "new" Demon Hunter. I've tried playing it again pre 2.0 and just couldn't do it but with RoS I'm really digging it again. I also came around to Epiphany on the Monk and Vengeance. I initially avoided them because of the longish cooldowns because I figured I'd be better off using spells I can use whenever I want/need them. But both of those are amazing to have for elite packs or bosses. Vengeance in particular is a fun skill to have and looks amazing shooting arrows and nades.

Now I just need to find a nice legendary quiver and get a socket in to my Raven's Wing.

TheYanger

So...why do crusaders suck so badly? Mine hit 70 and was immediately at 600,000 dps and 7m toughness and doing T1 with ease. I don't even know how to play it (I powerlevelled and quested) and it seems totally fine. Slash hits very hard, sweep doesn't, but overall the damage seems 'fine' to me.

GorillaJu

So...why do crusaders suck so badly? Mine hit 70 and was immediately at 600,000 dps and 7m toughness and doing T1 with ease. I don't even know how to play it (I powerlevelled and quested) and it seems totally fine. Slash hits very hard, sweep doesn't, but overall the damage seems 'fine' to me.

I mean this has been discussed over and over but if you want a quick breakdown it's that playing Cru feels like a slog compared to other classes with all the best abilities on long cool downs, poor wrath generation and shit spenders.

Most people do not have 600k dips when they hit 70, you must have had some gear banked and ready for max lvl

Rokam

Farming Rydraelm Tomes is the biggest pain in the ass. Any secrets to getting these besides running all over the Oasis?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Farming Rydraelm Tomes is the biggest pain in the ass. Any secrets to getting these besides running all over the Oasis?

Crafting mats I assume? Look up what named mobs drop them, then constantly make Adventure games and see if there's bounty for said mob. If there isn't, quit and reload. That's the way I farmed 3 Entsteig Plates (Aughild set) relatively quickly.

I'm glad chest runs are gone though. I psyched myself into doing them for a bit with some fellow Gaffers the other day, but man, it's the skinner box distilled into its purest form. Literally like a mouse running through a maze clicking a button over and over again because 1 out of a 100 times there's a reward. It's not fun or engaging. I'm glad that's gone, despite getting a couple decent legendaries out of it.

ElyrionX

I do not doubt you having fun, but you are becoming a TREASURE GOBLIN in playstyle, looking for places to open chests :D Now that the Core is done, what next? Trying to open angiris bascets or whatever they are called in Act IV? Then bargaining in front of the big monster in Road To Alcarnus? :D

Sigh. Wish I knew.

V_Arnold

I do not even have those stats on my main Wizard, so yeah.... perspective, I guess :p

ElyrionX

Did someone say unique sources???

I also have the plan for the Teleport source :p

Anyway, the reason I came here tonight. I didn't get the GOD roll that other wizard did, but I'm pretty happy about being able to replace another piece of level 60 gear:

How the hell did you find so many sources just one week in?

TheYanger

I mean this has been discussed over and over but if you want a quick breakdown it's that playing Cru feels like a slog compared to other classes with all the best abilities on long cool downs, poor wrath generation and shit spenders.

Most people do not have 600k dips when they hit 70, you must have had some gear banked and ready for max lvl

I do not even have those stats on my main Wizard, so yeah.... perspective, I guess :p

Eh...It was like an average 2h and a bunch of hand-me-downs from my barb. It's not good shit by any means. Sweep is weak compared to hammer of the ancients, but slash hits vastly harder than Frenzy, so I don't get the bitch. Wrath generation feels fine. It's no wizard, but what is. Also, it doesn't take multiple other active shouts to get those stats unlike my barb, so I can have those and still have a law, akarat's champ, condemn, judgement with 80% (!!!!!) crit against mobs I use it on? like, that's ridiculous burst potential. I'm thinking a CDR crusader is going to be pretty beast.

DSmalls84

It took about 8 Flawless Imperial Rubys but I finally rerolled my Countess Julia's Amulet into a trifecta roll! Love that special ability and now my stats don't have to suffer to use it.

Wolfie5

3000 AR.

If I turn on my Mantra of Healing I can get 2000 All Res and it still doesn't feel like its enough at above T3.

Vitality IMO is secondary to AR. You can get by with just 100K-200K health if you have a ton of mitigation (armor plus all res) and some healing (like 15K-20k). On the flip side you can have a million health but low AR you can still get crushed by T1 mobs.

I would personally never replace AR with Vit. I know that the in game Toughness shows that getting Vit is a Toughness increase but it's not accurate to what actually happens in the game.

Thank you for that valuable input. I kind of suspected Toughness is not really accurate to what happens ingame. Vitality should not increase your toughness value as much as it does right now.

Can't wait to try my new fire walkers as it seems to do more dmg than I thought.

Alienups

Should I craft the highest diamond tier or its not worth it and should just go 3x Marquise?

If you're swimming in gold go for it but just socketing some marquise level diamonds would be a noticeable improvement. Rerolling vit into all res on some items wouldn't hurt either.

so guys...
I'm a witch doctor at paragon level 51,
preety nice character, I like him.
I can't decided which main skill attack I should use.
the decision is between those:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#clUdQY!WTbV!Zbcabc
and that one:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#glUdQY!RTgf!Zbccbc

the main diffrance, well the survivablity of the firebats one is not that good, but it's very rewarding, high damage, BUT and it's a big but, it sucks against bosses and enemies who moves a lot, or teleport because I need to to pay the initial mana each time and it runs over.
the second build is more focused on one enemy and doesn't do that good against mobs, but it has better survivbilty and is much better against moving bosses such as maltheal.
what would you do? or you have any better builds?

Should I craft the highest diamond tier or its not worth it and should just go 3x Marquise?

Your gold would be much better spent rerolling stats on your gear to AR, gems are the biggest gold dump in the game by far. The cheapest thing to do would be to reroll some stats on your rares into AR, you could lose some vitality or healing and be fine.

So I was looking though crafting some sets to get the most of the Ring of Royal Grandeur, only to realize that most Items worth using require not only farming for a white item, legendary materials and souls, but also a FLAWLESS ROYAL GEM. come on, talk about overkill. Combine that with the low chance of getting something even remotely decent your first crafting try with 6 Random properties ... just nope.

So I was looking though crafting some sets to get the most of the Ring of Royal Grandeur, only to realize that most Items worth using require not only farming for a white item, legendary materials and souls, but also a FLAWLESS ROYAL GEM. come on, talk about overkill. Combine that with the low chance of getting something even remotely decent your first crafting try with 6 Random properties ... just nope.

So many of the crafted sets require Flawless Royals, I can't see myself ever making any of them because there's no way I'm gambling 9mil per royal in the hopes of getting 6 good random properties

Yep. Crafting with the Horadric Cube in D2 was a lot more fun. Just stick to legendary items for now, there are so many good ones you don't really need to craft.

So after ditching the Crusader and going back to my neglected Monk, I could farm T1 but it took me to lonk to take down Bosses and was dying regularly from Elite encounters, so as a Monk what numbers should I be aiming at to farm T1 comfortably and melting everything Normal style?

NIN90

So I'm guessing the low drop rate on the Reaper's Wraps mat has been fixed? Because I can't find it anymore in that Hotfix thread.

Anyone have any recommendations as to how to improve my Wizard and what gear I should look out for? A bit of a noob when it comes to all the min-maxing discussion:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SirGarbgeman-1552/hero/3652309

your rings could be rolled for dmg or crit dmg. I would rather take Magic weapon (20% dmg rune) over hydra too

You'd probably want one of these as your helm. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/andariels-visage

I agree with Ikuu that you should probably decide to commit to one element, seems like you're doing mostly cold damage so try to find more +cold damage gear too. If you plan to stick with arcane orb, get arcane orb damage as well (I started off with relatively the same build but once I got a mage fist I decided to try an all fire build)

The list of Torment only legendaries I found (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11582368188) doesn't include the set I want (Tal Rasha's), but this is good to know.

That is an old list. Tal Rashas and the other class sets was made torment only quite recently. One of their first attempts at improving torments desirability since release. Here's a list I found. Only set items you should get outside of torment is the Blackthorne's Battlegear and small sets such as Chantodos Resolve and Shenlong's Spirit.

PSA: Don't buy items from Kadala trying to get the end game set pieces.

Arkanius

Your gold would be much better spent rerolling stats on your gear to AR, gems are the biggest gold dump in the game by far. The cheapest thing to do would be to reroll some stats on your rares into AR, you could lose some vitality or healing and be fine.

Then Marquise gems will suffice and Mystic rerolling of healing. Vitality. Got it!

EDIT:

This just dropped. Just what the doctor ordered!

FtHTiny

This increased droprate for rifts seems to not have made it into my games. 3 hours of rifts and 2 legs, a bit frustrating.
Can only hope that my luck will go up later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom