• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Are they going to have materials for those crazy set items drop in rifts? I don't want do specific runs and hope I get angelic shards etc...

ParityBit

Replace either your Hydras or Frost Nova with Magic Weapon (Force Rune) and change your familiar's rune to Sparkflint

Question about Magic Weapon. Do you have to attack with the weapon for the benefits? I am confused about that spell, but everyone loves it.

Awesome to see the boost to rifts and legendary crafting materials. I really only have one major problem with RoS right now: requiring white weapons for crafting. So dumb. I have no desire to hoard or farm them. I want to kill things and pick up yellows, greens, and oranges.

I really only have one major problem with RoS right now: requiring white weapons for crafting. So dumb. I have no desire to hoard or farm them. I want to kill things and pick up yellows, greens, and oranges.

I just dedicate one of my stash tabs to white items. I have 4-5 each of Bracers, pants, chest plate, etc. When I filled that tab up I stopped collecting them, and I will have them when I need them.

You can also trade/give away white items. I've already helped out a few clan members with extra bracers and other pieces.

garath

Oh cool. They fixed battle.net to show mystic rerolls. My character looks much better now :)

I like that they are trying to make rifts more appealing. After running 10 or so I decided that running bounties were much more profitable. You get a shot at rare mobs that drop legendary crafting mats, keys, any loot that drops in that zone as well as the xp rewards for the bounties and the caches at the end.

Just too appealing compared to killing tons of mobs over and over.

I'll try some more tonight.

You want +cold damage and +arcane orb damage on everything that can roll it.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...7-list-of-skill-dmg-and-elemental-dmg-affixes

your rings could be rolled for dmg or crit dmg. I would rather take Magic weapon (20% dmg rune) over hydra too

You'd probably want one of these as your helm. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/andariels-visage

I agree with Ikuu that you should probably decide to commit to one element, seems like you're doing mostly cold damage so try to find more +cold damage gear too. If you plan to stick with arcane orb, get arcane orb damage as well (I started off with relatively the same build but once I got a mage fist I decided to try an all fire build)

Replace either your Hydras or Frost Nova with Magic Weapon (Force Rune) and change your familiar's rune to Sparkflint

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try these when I get home, much appreciated.

ParityBit

No, it's a passive buff that lasts for 10 minutes which applies to all your attacks/spells.

Oh good to know! Thanks :)

So I guess right now 3 of the skills a wiz should have are static, 10 min buffs? Armor/Familiar and Magic Weapon?

Why are people running with Frozen Arcane Orb over Blackhole? My Wiz is only level 51 currently.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
the official d3 site and related forums are totally borked on my work pc, but all other battle.net sites work. I dunno how fix.

Oh cool. They fixed battle.net to show mystic rerolls. My character looks much better now :)

I like that they are trying to make rifts more appealing. After running 10 or so I decided that running bounties were much more profitable. You get a shot at rare mobs that drop legendary crafting mats, keys, any loot that drops in that zone as well as the xp rewards for the bounties and the caches at the end.

Just too appealing compared to killing tons of mobs over and over.

I'll try some more tonight.

I did some tests (not enough and not perfectly controlled, but satisfactory enough for me) on rifts v bounties.

The XP rewards seemed pretty similar for a given amount of time for rift vs bounty. The gold was a little more for bounties, but with the extra blood shards from rifts, it was close. This does make me feel better about doing rifts, though. Glad they upped it.

I just dedicate one of my stash tabs to white items. I have 4-5 each of Bracers, pants, chest plate, etc. When I filled that tab up I stopped collecting them, and I will have them when I need them.

You can also trade/give away white items. I've already helped out a few clan members with extra bracers and other pieces.

I still don't want to carry them and take the time to go back to town with something I can't salvage/vendor. I just feel like the crafting mats + legendary crafting material is enough.

Dawg

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/136...0-bonus-xp-this-friday-thru-monday-04-04-2014

Over 1.5 million players around the world have stopped Death since Reaper of Souls™ launched last Tuesday, March 25. To celebrate this achievement and help support your ongoing crusade against the forces of evil, all nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend will receive a +50% bonus to XP! This bonus XP period begins in the European region tonight, April 4 at 17:00 p.m. CEST and ends on Monday, April 7 at 5:00 a.m. CEST. Thank you so much for being a hero of Sanctuary. We hope you have fun this weekend, and we'll see you in Westmarch!

KrawlMan

Oh good to know! Thanks :)

So I guess right now 3 of the skills a wiz should have are static, 10 min buffs? Armor/Familiar and Magic Weapon?

Why are people running with Frozen Arcane Orb over Blackhole? My Wiz is only level 51 currently.

I run with both Frozen Orb and Blackhole (Absolute Zero).

The two skills are fundamentally different. Blackhole has a lengthy CD and is nowhere near the damage dealer that Frozen Orb can be. Blackhole's utility comes from it being both a crowd control skill, allowing wizards to keep their distance, and from the buff it gives to cold dmg (your Frozen Orb).

Absolute Zero rune on Blackhole will increase your cold damage by 3% for every enemy it hits for the next 10(?) seconds.

According to a blue post, lots of class tuning in the upcoming patch, most of the changes will be to the Crusader, but all classes will be tuned, oh boy dat Wizard nerf.

Hey, sorry to bother you guys with another "rate my build" post but I'm getting a little frustrated with my monk. I feel I should be able to do OK in T1 with my stats/build but I'm getting face-rolled by certain elite packs. What am I missing?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Helicon-2811/hero/1659508

cheers.

Two real issues:

1) Not getting enough value out of One with Everything is probably causing you problems on some packs.
2) You need more raw DPS output, either sheet increases, stacking elemental damage, or through legendary specials w/ your build.

I mean, with your damage you can get through T1, but it's got to be so slow that it's more efficient to run Expert for double shards/XP or even Normal for the lightning fast clears.

Trickster

According to a blue post, lots of class tuning in the upcoming patch, most of the changes will be to the Crusader, but all classes will be tuned, oh boy dat Wizard nerf.

I'm happy as long as they focus the big wizard nerf on frozen orb, which everyone mistakenly seems to think is the wizards best ability by far.

Bizazedo

Tweaked my Witch Doctor this week and am digging it. I can summon 5 zombie dogs, so I stopped using Soul Harvest and just sacrifice them every 45 seconds. Boosts all my damage, including I presume pets, by 25% for 30 seconds. Immediately re-summon them. I have a Rhenlo Flayer for double exploding frogs that home in on targets and the huge AE version of acid cloud and just plow through enemies. Working far better than I expected since I had felt enslaved to Soul Harvest forever. Boosts my paper dps to 888k.

Frogs can hit for 2.5 million, massive AE acid cloud hitting everything for mid 4 million crits when it does. Targets literally dissolve. And the frogs are charming everything incredibly fast due to the double explode (I presume).

So what happens? First legendary I get last night is the ring that makes it so instead of all the zombie dogs, you summon one huge dog....which doesn't work with this build. Sigh.

"While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes."

This gunna be good.

Time to level my Crusader to 70. Then my DH.

Kacho

Dude, yes! I'm glad the changes are coming soon.

While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes.

DH buff please!

What specifically do think needs a buff? I got my DH to 70 last weekend, but haven't put much time in at level 70, so I have no idea how the class feels at max level.

8bitogre

Banned
I'm seriously considering picking up the expansion, but seeing as how I burned out on both D3 and Torchlight 2 pretty quickly I'm wondering if I'm just past my "click on shit until they die and explode loot" phase in my life.

rSpooky

SO I am confused, I play a wiz and found a huge two handed sword , which I can equip, but my attacks are spell based, my stats go up immensely with the sword equipped, but how does that work? Do only stats count? it just seems so damn weird not to use a wand for a wiz.

But we are talking over 15k stat difference here, so what the hell?
I clearly have no clue what I am doing after all the time I played diablo ..lol
anyone able to enlighten me ?

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'm happy as long as they focus the big wizard nerf on frozen orb, which everyone mistakenly seems to think is the wizards best ability by far.

It's an easy mode ability, but that's about it from my experience. It needs max range which vs certain mobs will never happen.

My current build doesn't use it and still melts everything at t3 and below. I won't even show it cause I know blizzard will just start nerfing plenty of things that make it work.

BPoole

SO I am confused, I play a wiz and found a huge two handed sword , which I can equip, but my attacks are spell based, my stats go up immensely with the sword equipped, but how does that work? Do only stats count? it just seems so damn weird not to use a wand for a wiz.

Stats are all that matter. The things you hold in your hands are just avatars for your stats.

JCizzle

Does the Barb passive that increases armor by 50% of vitality ever really out pace the one that gives a flat 25% increase to armor? I went to a more vitality oriented build last night to try it, but still didn't come close to the same and lost about 1k armor in the process.

Zelias

Banned

Weapon damage is used in pretty much every offensive skill in the game, magical or otherwise.

did loot 2.0 make the campaign much easier? Or it might just be crusaders... but yeah, up to act 4 on hard and still haven't used a single pot on any boss, and im not really using a tanking setup.

speaking of which, anyone find a good setup for crusaders pre 70? Like i know minimizing cd is where its at end game, but until then, everything just feels... disconnected a bit.

slash zeal is the fastest way to generate wrath, but its still pretty slow vs how fast you can spam blazing sweep...

btw: when does shield bash get good? I just sense there is a certain rotation and setup to make it really shine, or why else does it cost so much wrath?

Shadow780

I was in the same boat when Vanilla D3 came out and I saw Wizards running around with 2handed axes. Go for the stats increase.

Two real issues:

1) Not getting enough value out of One with Everything is probably causing you problems on some packs.
2) You need more raw DPS output, either sheet increases, stacking elemental damage, or through legendary specials w/ your build.

I mean, with your damage you can get through T1, but it's got to be so slow that it's more efficient to run Expert for double shards/XP or even Normal for the lightning fast clears.

Cheers, beasting lower level runs for a while sounds like a plan.

rSpooky

I was in the same boat when Vanilla D3 came out and I saw Wizards running around with 2handed axes. Go for the stats increase.

Weapon damage is used in pretty much every offensive skill in the game, magical or otherwise.

Stats are all that matter. The things you hold in your hands are just avatars for your stats.

Thanks for the info :)
Still goes so against my(fantasy/rpg) instincts.. lol

BurningNad

Can anyone critique my Demon Hunter's build/gear?
I know I need better rings/amulet. What should I shoot for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurningNad-1515/hero/2920753

I am thinking of switching out Vault for something else, not interested in Shadow Power, really. I'm not too sure about my passives, and I REALLY don't know about my Hatred generator. It does good damage but it feels... Clunky. I don't know. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Vade

What specifically do think needs a buff? I got my DH to 70 last weekend, but haven't put much time in at level 70, so I have no idea how the class feels at max level.

Honestly DH is in a ok spot it is just awkward right now that being glass cannon does not give you higher damage than more.

Wish you could have more build varity with poison damage and lightning rather than just burn baby burn.

More survivability in regards to the non instant damage ice, jailer which is painful on t3 and higher since you cannot gloom your way out.

Overall in the pantheon on tiers: Wizards>>Witchdoctors>Monk, Demonhunter, Barb>>>Crusader.

Just making it so you will not be in a group and as "Man if we were all wizards this would be faster and more efficient."

GorillaJu

Eh...It was like an average 2h and a bunch of hand-me-downs from my barb. It's not good shit by any means. Sweep is weak compared to hammer of the ancients, but slash hits vastly harder than Frenzy, so I don't get the bitch. Wrath generation feels fine. It's no wizard, but what is. Also, it doesn't take multiple other active shouts to get those stats unlike my barb, so I can have those and still have a law, akarat's champ, condemn, judgement with 80% (!!!!!) crit against mobs I use it on? like, that's ridiculous burst potential. I'm thinking a CDR crusader is going to be pretty beast.

I can't argue specifically on the point of Barbarian, but compared to the other three classes I have at 70, all of DH, Wizard and Monk are well stronger than my Crusader. Not only are they more versatile, more mobile, and kill stuff faster, they're also easier to gear, with viable options opening up depending on what drops, and they don't lose any survivability. In fact, my Crusader, which is by far the "best" geared in terms of the time and money I spent getting her to where she is, is the squishiest of all four.

Things will get tweaked and they'll be much better. And Wizards will be brought down a peg, hopefully not too much, because the point is to make the game enjoyable for everyone, not make it shit for everyone because it's shit for one class.

--

The rift legendary buff rate is working pretty well. Played for about an hour and got 3 legs, well above my typical average.

Ashodin

"While I can't share any specific details right now, we have been monitoring the performance of the different classes since launch and we do have some adjustments planned for all classes that will be implemented in an upcoming patch. In the upcoming patch notes, the Crusader will likely be listed with the most adjustments of all the classes."

This gunna be good.

Yessssss yes yes Yessssss yeeeeeees yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

o/!!!!!!!

This gunna be good.

come on horsie cooldown reduced.

garath

Honestly DH is in a ok spot it is just awkward right now that being glass cannon does not give you higher damage than more.

Wish you could have more build varity with poison damage and lightning rather than just burn baby burn.

More survivability in regards to the non instant damage ice, jailer which is painful on t3 and higher since you cannot gloom your way out.

Overall in the pantheon on tiers: Wizards>>Witchdoctors>Monk, Demonhunter, Barb>>>Crusader.

Just making it so you will not be in a group and as "Man if we were all wizards this would be faster and more efficient."

I love my DH. I really do. But it is a little frustrating that my monk friend who I duo with all the time only has 100k less dps but about 3-4mil more toughness and gets to essentially just stand there doing AoE damage (with his native 30% damage reduction) while I'm madly kiting around trying to land all my Cluster Arrows while maintaining hatred.

With equivalent gear the monk is just straight stronger in general. I'm fine being squishier and requiring more skill to keep myself alive doing dps but I don't seem to have THAT big of a dps advantage compared to him despite his massive tanking advantage.

I stick it out though. I like my DH.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Things will get tweaked and they'll be much better. And Wizards will be brought down a peg, hopefully not too much, because the point is to make the game enjoyable for everyone, not make it shit for everyone because it's shit for one class.

This is my beef started out vanilla d3 as dh and saw what nerfs did. I understand the wizard needs to be toned down slightly, but as most including you hint at it, other classes need balancing to make them as enjoyable as wizards are now.

I'm not too sure about my passives, and I REALLY don't know about my Hatred generator. It does good damage but it feels... Clunky. I don't know. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

This build looks like you have way too much "hatred-downtime".
Cluster Arrow really wants the Nightstalker Passive + Preparation Punishment-Rune to get your Hatred up quickly to nuke a pack. By the time your Hatred and Discipline is empty the Champion Pack should be dead.
hange Grenade Rune to Tinkerer or some other 6 Hatred Skill like Entangling "Justice is served".
To further improve Cluster Arrow build get some Resource Reduction and +FireDamage /+ClusterArrow Damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom