• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yessssss yes yes Yessssss yeeeeeees yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

o/!!!!!!!

I wonder if the are going to look at heavenly strength. It really doesn't need the movement speed penalty, as it's already taking up a passive slot and is necessary for most builds.

I also think it would be cool if they add another passive (or tack the functionality onto HS) to boost 1h damage as well, just so there are more even gear options. Kind of like how in WoW, fury warriors can either dual wield 2handers, or dual wield 1handers with increased dmg to make the two styles even.

Damn. I gotta wonder how much some of you all are playing. Having full sets of gear already and I haven't seen 1 Nat or marauder since 2.0.

Kacho

Probably won't see the patch for at least a month knowing blizz :-(

Eh, I'd say we'll see it within two weeks. I'm sure they want to get these changes out asap and see where the classes stand after the patch to see if any additional changes are needed before ladders roll out.

Honestly DH is in a ok spot it is just awkward right now that being glass cannon does not give you higher damage than more.

Wish you could have more build varity with poison damage and lightning rather than just burn baby burn.

More survivability in regards to the non instant damage ice, jailer which is painful on t3 and higher since you cannot gloom your way out.

Overall in the pantheon on tiers: Wizards>>Witchdoctors>Monk, Demonhunter, Barb>>>Crusader.

Just making it so you will not be in a group and as "Man if we were all wizards this would be faster and more efficient."

I think you class rankings are on point from my experience. The DH's survivability certainly doesn't seem great, but their DPS is quite nasty judging by those I've grouped with.

Got a Cindercoat, Mirrorball, Chantodos source, and Oculus Ring from Kadala between last night and tonight. Never going to doubt her again.

I really hate RNG in this game. Seems SO inconsistent from person to person.

I've probably dumped 4000 shards into her now and I've only seen 1 legendary (crappy death bargain pants).

LCGeek

formerly sane
Damn. I gotta wonder how much some of you all are playing. Having full sets of gear already and I haven't seen 1 Nat or marauder since 2.0.

Not a lot and I finished off one custom set Asheara and grinding with friends so they could get some of their own including innas.

My beef with gear seems to be the inexperience is inconstient be it friends or at thread like this. Can't tell you how often people comment on my legendary rate or quality of the gear I get while they basically get crap.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I've probably dumped 4000 shards into her now and I've only seen 1 legendary (crappy death bargain pants).

Other than the Jeram I posted earlier, I also got a set mojo off her yesterday. It's not very good though, and I wasted like 5 souls trying to get crit on it before giving up. Manujama you a sucka.

jost

Neo Member
Can anyone critique my Demon Hunter's build/gear?
I know I need better rings/amulet. What should I shoot for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurningNad-1515/hero/2920753

I am thinking of switching out Vault for something else, not interested in Shadow Power, really. I'm not too sure about my passives, and I REALLY don't know about my Hatred generator. It does good damage but it feels... Clunky. I don't know. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

one thing that is an easy fix with a mystics is sockets you need some sockets in your gear, they go a long way with dex and toughness.

Kacho

I wonder if the are going to look at heavenly strength. It really doesn't need the movement speed penalty, as it's already taking up a passive slot and is necessary for most builds.

I also think it would be cool if they add another passive (or tack the functionality onto HS) to boost 1h damage as well, just so there are more even gear options. Kind of like how in WoW, fury warriors can either dual wield 2handers, or dual wield 1handers with increased dmg to make the two styles even.

I agree with you. The movement speed penalty feels very unnecessary considering using Heavenly Strength is pretty much required if you want to do good damage. Feels like a slap in the face. Giving one handers a buff to make it somewhat equal with two handers would be much appreciated. I hate feeling forced to use certain skills/gear.

I've been playing tons and just got my first set piece (helm) last night. :(

garath

Can anyone critique my Demon Hunter's build/gear?
I know I need better rings/amulet. What should I shoot for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurningNad-1515/hero/2920753

I am thinking of switching out Vault for something else, not interested in Shadow Power, really. I'm not too sure about my passives, and I REALLY don't know about my Hatred generator. It does good damage but it feels... Clunky. I don't know. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I tried Ambush for awhile and I eventually gave up on it. It's nice but I recently switched from Vault to Smoke screen with the heal and Tactical advantage and Night stalker as passives. It's basically 1 second of invincibility with a heal with a 1 second cooldown and you get discipline back like crazy with the night stalker passive.

Couple that with Monorail Cat's suggestion of Preparation with punishment and you can probably change your whole playstyle for the better.

I've been using mark but I'm likely going to try Preparation with punishment instead of mark for awhile and see if the extra hatred works better than the marks.

This is what I've been using

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Ive spent around the same and only gotten those legendary gloves that make it rain gold after a massacre.

Anoregon

After the pre and post RoS xp gain observations, I'm absolutely going to be grinding Paragon, not leveling my other chars hehe. Leveling goes quick enough. Paragon is where it's at.

Troof. I have a combined 7 levels to get on my monk and DH to get them to 70, and after that its T2 rifts with my mans all dayyyy

I just got 2 keys from a keywarden on Torment 2.

Is this normal? I've never seen more than 1 key drop at a time.

It's a new thing, yeah. Each Warden can drop their own key, as well as having a chance to randomly drop any other key.

Anoregon

Shit I just realized how much I need a cindercoat. My chest is probably my worst piece of gear, and my firebat spamming to make fetishes means it's probably the best option for me.

ferr

Just got the leg quiver plan. People seem to be saying it's bugged though, they're only getting vitality instead of dex as one of the 4 random props.. c'mon blizzard.

taybul

I tried Ambush for awhile and I eventually gave up on it. It's nice but I recently switched from Vault to Smoke screen with the heal and Tactical advantage and Night stalker as passives. It's basically 1 second of invincibility with a heal with a 1 second cooldown and you get discipline back like crazy with the night stalker passive.

Couple that with Monorail Cat's suggestion of Preparation with punishment and you can probably change your whole playstyle for the better.

I've been using mark but I'm likely going to try Preparation with punishment instead of mark for awhile and see if the extra hatred works better than the marks.

Ambush is a keeper for me mostly because of the additional grenades after an initial cluster arrow. If a mob is just above 75% and the initial cluster takes it below, the grenades that follow should still be hitting at +40% damage. Also I've started using blood vengeance instead of night stalker for resource regen and it's great when there are smaller mobs to pop health globes but falls a little short on bosses/guardians.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Taybul-1433/hero/40642695

Boogdud

So...why do crusaders suck so badly? Mine hit 70 and was immediately at 600,000 dps and 7m toughness and doing T1 with ease. I don't even know how to play it (I powerlevelled and quested) and it seems totally fine. Slash hits very hard, sweep doesn't, but overall the damage seems 'fine' to me.

Because your 600k dps in T1 is about the equivalent of any other class with 300k.

I can do T1 easily with my wd at 280k dps and 4m toughness. With a crusader it's nearly impossible.

ferr

They still haven't fixed the material drop for reaper's wraps yet right?

Last I heard it was a known issue with the current patch, which might indicate it can't be done with a hotfix. Nothing about it in the hotfix list.

Although! Looks like a new hotfix went out to counter the CoA leg runs,

General
There is now an additional bonus 25% chance to find a Legendary item while in a Nephalem Rift.*
The number of chests that spawn in the following zones has been reduced:*
Core of Arreat
Briarthorn Cemetary
Battlefields of Eternity
Crag of Eternity
Demonic Vessels were using the incorrect loot table, and now give less generous loot.*

I noticed this morning I was getting 0 items out of vessels half the time, something I've never seen. Not even gold dropped. Nice to see the increase in rifts, I was getting bored with them.

Vade

Night stalker and Prep&Punish is too good a synergy not to use.

Leveling my Crusader on expert been a lot of fun, around lvl 31 now. Finished act 2 yesterday and Belial was a slow burn...thinking I might need to adjust some skills. What do you Crusaders use for your main attacks?

Insaniac

Got the "Extra Hydra" wand the other night and tried it out. It was cool but didn't feel vastly build changing. Maybe if it allowed 2 extra Hydras I'd consider a build around it

Leveling my Crusader on expert been a lot of fun, around lvl 31 now. Finished act 2 yesterday and Belial was a slow burn...thinking I might need to adjust some skills. What do you Crusaders use for your main attacks?

generator i just rotate with w/e my current gear boosts, Justice is the most handly imo though until 47.

flame sweep or hammer with infinite rune.

Miletius

Hearthstone Blizz updates fast, so I'm hoping that this is more the Hearthstone Blizz and less of the WoW Blizz. Under 2 weeks!

Tom Penny

Hmm. I really need to land that ring that lowers set level requirement. I got 3 Inna pieces. I don't want to swap out my Vigor belt if I land the missing belt. I'm only using 2 right now because the bonus of lowering sweeping wind cost is wack. They couldn't think of something better?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know...I took the day off work I think I might test to see if Spectrum and the Horadric Hamburger still drop in 2.0

Does anyone know if I need a special staff for whimsyshire at 70?

Krassus

A lot of wizards "think" their eDPS is XXX but you can just go find out what it is pretty easily by doing the butcher. These are close estimates but its something like the numbers below before his room goes boom.

T4 8m eDPS
T5 14m eDPS
16 22.3m eDPS

Try armor or elemental changes for yourself and see what it does to your eDPS instead of relying on napkin math and peoples theories.

idlewild_

Just got the leg quiver plan. People seem to be saying it's bugged though, they're only getting vitality instead of dex as one of the 4 random props.. c'mon blizzard.

I tried making a few of them yesterday and they were all terrible. I'm not sure the extra 1-5% IAS and damage to elites is really worth the cost over a nicely rolled yellow and spending those souls on rolling other gear (at least for me.) Luckily I got a Emimei's Duffel from Kadala before logging off last night, so I guess that I don't have to worry about crafting for that spot for a while now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Rift mob density in most of these instances is bad i want to slash my entire way through a rift not kill pack walk 10 seconds kill another pack.

Well yeah but if you full clear any rift completely it's still basically a guaranteed legendary.

At least when you're clearing with a full group on T2, I was doing a few with scy last night and in about 5 rifts I got 8 legendaries.

Rift mob density in most of these instances is bad i want to slash my entire way through a rift not kill pack walk 10 seconds kill another pack. All mob density for rifts should be like the rift cemetery.

Yeah I was really hoping the Rifts would be more dense.. some are good but others don't feel any more beneficial than doing bounties.

taybul

Ofcourse they nerfed chests but didnt buff monster drops, quality game design by Blizzard once again. Bring it back to pre 2.0 ffs.

I still love what someone on the official forums said just before RoS came out: Blizz had increased the bonus XP shortly before release from 50% to 100% but reduced the XP gained across the board and someone said something to the effect of "Only Blizzard could make 100% < 50%".

Island

Well yeah but if you full clear any rift completely it's still basically a guaranteed legendary.

At least when you're clearing with a full group on T2, I was doing a few with scy last night and in about 5 rifts I got 8 legendaries.
RNG gonna RNG. Did 5-6 T2 rifts last night with Havok and got 1 leg. (2 plans though as well, but still)

ViviOggi

Check out Heaven's Fury with the Fires of Heaven rune as soon as you get it, it's the Crusader's best spender by a long shot. Don't be a hammer scrub.

garath

I'm at a loss of what I should upgrade (or re-roll) next. Any advice?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shagrath-1850/hero/15821800

I'm no wizard but you have a lot of room for growth.

The chest - socket some better gems, if you really like the vit, one flawless imperial can practically replace 2 of the current ones. Also replace the chest eventually. That has really low stats.

Weapon - it's pretty low dps. Look for a 2400+ dps one

ring - I'd try to reroll that LPS on the Manald to something better.

Just some thoughts.

That belt will be hard to replace. The crit damage and AS is sweet. But the stats are soooo low.

Overall, you need about 1k more int and a better weapon asap. That'll be the biggest bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom