• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomquake

oh man the OT fp is awesome!!! now im hyped.

M3lnGNA.png

Boogdud

What the flip is going on with loot? This makes the 4th int ring I've gotten on my 60 barb in a row! With no other legendaries in between. /head through wall

Ploid 3.0

I watched it without sound. Did he do anything special other than what I saw? Like not picking up rares on purpose.

Going to give it a shot tomorrow

It's because of the mission that force you to kill the mothers, and the concentration of named mobs, chest rooms, and a room with a chance for goblin. It ups your chance of a legendary in a small amount of time. Fighting the normal mobs slow you down, and picking up things you don't need makes things slow down (I pick up everything).

Chromax

So I just went back to Diablo 3 for this expansion and the new patch. I stopped playing a bit right after release when I got my Demon Hunter to 60 and could never solo Inferno Diablo. Then I sold most of my stuff when I quit, so I came back to a half naked Demon Hunter with 25k damage. What's the best route to start farming?

Somehow I think it's easier if I level a new character...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I just went back to Diablo 3 for this expansion and the new patch. I stopped playing a bit right after release when I got my Demon Hunter to 60 and could never solo Inferno Diablo. Then I sold most of my stuff when I quit, so I came back to a half naked Demon Hunter with 25k damage. What's the best route to start farming?

Somehow I think it's easier if I level a new character...

Just make a game on Normal difficulty and starting going through the story again.

You will begin to get major upgrades very quickly, and that will allow you to start going through the higher difficulties.

Just tried this Legendary farm route and got a legendary right away.

http://youtu.be/KViMETtWZN8

Get on that quick, cause the nerf hammer is hovering.

MrDaravon

That run has been making the rounds since 2.0 (and before). For what it's worth I just did ~15 runs and only got one leg, and it'd probably been 3-4 hours of playtime on my last leg prior to starting these runs. It's a good run, but I don't know that I'd say it's any more broken then say Core of Arreat or anything.

chrono01

Well I couldn't resist any longer. I just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Battle.net.

I normally always buy physical but, considering that this is an expansion pack [and I already have a physical Collector's Edition of Diablo III], I feel that I can pass on the physical version of this. Since it's essentially an extension to the main game, I don't mind buying this digitally.

so nobody else wants to hear all the new NPC and follower interactions with the crusader from act 1 through 4? :-/ I've been looking forward to it /shrug

I do too. That's the sole reason I like doing one playthrough totally solo with each class, so no one else skips dialogue and I can take my sweet time with the class specific stuff. Of course, I'll still skip the boss boasting bullshit.

Ghost23

So I haven't played since a few months after launch. I have a lvl 60 wizard and I was halfway through inferno pre nerf. I just reinstalled it and I am kind of lost on what I should do now.

Vodh

I do too. That's the sole reason I like doing one playthrough totally solo with each class, so no one else skips dialogue and I can take my sweet time with the class specific stuff. Of course, I'll still skip the boss boasting bullshit.

I DO NOT NEED MY SKIPPABLE DIALOGUE TO TAUNT YOU, ARROGANT NEPHALEM ARROGANT NEPHALEM ARROGANT NEPHALEM~!

keffri

I've been playing a HC Barb to pass the time before RoS launches. I'll be making a Crusader and playing that on SC when it comes out. I've only started playing in the past couple days but I've been enjoying myself so far, and looking forward to endgame content (level 70) as I haven't played a 60 yet since the patch hit.

KarmaCow

So are current keys and mats for the Infernal Machine stuff going to be useless in the expansion? Also is the type of portal completely random, I used 5 machines and got 4 portals to the Magda and Skeleton King fight in a row.

I kinda want the ring but I've been having awful luck getting keys.

So are current keys and mats for the Infernal Machine stuff going to be useless in the expansion? Also is the type of portal completely random, I used 5 machines and got 4 portals to the Magda and Skeleton King fight in a row.

I kinda want the ring but I've been having awful luck getting keys.

Unless it changed you should just open the portals in the same game so you will only open each once.

Vee_One

If I was to level a new character now (Demon Hunter) and get to end Act IV will be able to go straight into expansion on Tuesday?

Ploid 3.0

Was doing one of the runs I linked to and got 2 legendaries on the final vomit witch. 2 one handed weapons, no socket though :(. I think I'm going to try to get thunder fury socket with this.

Begaria

Went on a few Uber runs with some friends who wanted to try for the Hellfire Ring on Torment IV. I didn't get any parts, but I did get Cain's set plans. I already went and made a good set for a Crusader.

chrono01

So I haven't played since a few months after launch. I have a lvl 60 wizard and I was halfway through inferno pre nerf. I just reinstalled it and I am kind of lost on what I should do now.
Wow, this is exactly me.

I was thinking I might just start a new Wizard anyway. It would certainly extend my enjoyment of the game.

friday

Man, this game is pretty badass now. I have been leveling my Barb all night and getting some solid drops. I love what they have done with the new difficulty system.

wsippel

Banned
This fucking game hates me. Played my DH and wizard for hours, didn't get any legs, so I decided to finally level my monk to 60. Got three legs within fifteen minutes, two of them from killing Diablo. But I was level 52, so all three legs became obsolete minutes later. I think I'll take a break for a week, until RoS hits. Don't feel like finishing act I another three times right now.

Akai XIII

What's wrong with my monk? He can barley solo T3 and he should be able to with the DPS/Life Steal/Resists..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/classified01-1923/hero/13669128
(Apparently it hasn't updated yet, my DPS is higher than that as you can see in my screen. But the items are the same as well as the skill build)
DPS, toughness, LoH, LPS and armour are all too low. I have higher stats (EU, Akai#1649) and I have troubles with T3 for some reason.

Granadier

What's wrong with my monk? He can barley solo T3 and he should be able to with the DPS/Life Steal/Resists..

(Apparently it hasn't updated yet, my DPS is higher than that as you can see in my screen. But the items are the same as well as the skill build)

Just taking a quick look.

Your damage and toughness is fine, but your healing is pretty low.

Get some more LoH/LpS and you will be able to tank it out.

ZenaxPure

I'm no monk really, but, I don't think cyclone strike is going to do much for your primary attack. It's more a CC tool to gather enemies up for stuff like exploding palm, LTK, and bells. I'd say try to replace it with one of those, or, replace something else with one of those.

I dont think that dps is good for T3. But then again im not a monk, i switch between WD and DH, with my DH having 900k toughness and 200+ dps and T3 still takes long time for me to kill efficiently. Youre better off doing lower difficulties like tormant 1.

Granadier

But I have 5% damage converted to life (life steal), isn't that much better than LoH?

At level 60 your life steal is 10% effective.
At level 70 life steal no longer works.

So in reality you have 0.5% lifesteal.

Life on hit and life per second are the kings of the land now.

Sciz

This fucking game hates me. Played my DH and wizard for hours, didn't get any legs, so I decided to finally level my monk to 60. Got three legs within fifteen minutes, two of them from killing Diablo. But I was level 52, so all three legs became obsolete minutes later. I think I'll take a break for a week, until RoS hits. Don't feel like finishing act I another three times right now.

The two off of Diablo were guaranteed.

anthym

Neo Member
I posted this morning about starting a WD after not playing for a year. Hopped on and found out a real life buddy of mine had started playing again last week. He ran me through T3 and got me to level 60 in about 5 hours of playtime. That was pretty awesome. Now i'm wearing a bunch of rares and playing through the story on master to get some drops. Can't wait for RoS to play a crusader and fuck shit up with those hammers. This game is so much better than it used to be.

Kvik

I dont think that dps is good for T3. But then again im not a monk, i switch between WD and DH, with my DH having 900k toughness and 200+ dps and T3 still takes long time for me to kill efficiently. Youre better off doing lower difficulties like tormant 1.

Based on my personal observation, not only you need to have at least 200K in DPS for T3 onwards, but it is also necessary to stack elemental damages in gear, combined with Rune abilities to take advantages of the elemental damage stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom