• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

So Crusader main weapon is going to be flails, or will they have special swords tailored to them as well? Like Monk with knuckles and staves?

The two off of Diablo were guaranteed.

I think only one is guaranteed, but also, legendary drop rates are higher at lower levels, which makes me wonder if 60 is considered a "lower level" and will the legendary drop rate we've been enjoying in the past few weeks not be so hot at level 70?

Vodh

I think only one is guaranteed, but also, legendary drop rates are higher at lower levels, which makes me wonder if 60 is considered a "lower level" and will the legendary drop rate we've been enjoying in the past few weeks not be so hot at level 70?

No. "Lower level" is simply any level below the max level for your version of the game. Just as you don't get guaranteed legendaries from all act bosses at level 60, you don't enjoy the increased legendary drop rate that "lower levels" get. Don't worry, be happy!

Goldenhen

Holy crap so it's true Australian player finally have their local server running.

Before the Australian server was added, my latency to American region was around 188 - 250ms and now it's 29ms.

Ashodin

So Crusader main weapon is going to be flails, or will they have special swords tailored to them as well? Like Monk with knuckles and staves?

One handed flails and two handed flails! YOU GET ONLY FLAILS AND YOU LIKE IT

JK there are 2H swords that work

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I believe they will have 1H / 2H flails along with shields being Crusader specific.

edit: stop posting so fast ash

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've been a NeoGAF member for 7 years.

This was the best OP I have ever seen, far and away. Congratulations are due.
Waking up to this might just be the best feeling ever.

Thank you so much! Thanks to EVERYONE who commented on the OT, be it bad or good! You guys are the reason why I keep making threads for the games that I have so much passion for!

edit: There seems to be some confusion regarding where I've been and why I haven't logged in in 16+ hours. Guys, do NOT worry - I am alive. And yes, this is the real Yoshichan posting. I haven't been hacked, no - and I certainly ain't "stopping" Diablo 3 (for whatever reason, there's a couple of people thinking that I've quit Diablo just because I haven't logged in in a day!).

Don't worry guys, I leave work 2pm and I'll be playing around that time again :) Love ya'll.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: There seems to be some confusion regarding where I've been and why I haven't logged in in 16+ hours. Guys, do NOT worry - I am alive. And yes, this is the real Yoshichan posting. I haven't been hacked, no - and I certainly ain't "stopping" Diablo 3 (for whatever reason, there's a couple of people thinking that I've quit Diablo just because I haven't logged in in a day!). I can't go into details (only one GAFer knows what I've been up to), but this needs to be taken care of. And I did take care of it yesterday, so I'm all good now :)

Don't worry guys, I leave work 2pm and I'll be playing around that time again :) Love ya'll.

edit: And on top of that, I'm so fucking happy to see the thread being hype as fuck despite not being here. You guys rock!

edit 2: also, on my way to work yesterday, I saw this road sign and it got me HYPED AS A MOTHERFUCKER for some Blessed Hammers!

wRKKONF.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yoshichan had to take a day to recharge his batteries.

CHARGED UP AND READY TO GO!!

Yoshichan said:
edit 2: also, on my way to work yesterday, I saw this road sign and it got me HYPED AS A MOTHERFUCKER for some Blessed Hammers!

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Yoshichan

Aye :D I'll be back in 6 hours guys! PEACE!

Kvik

Holy crap so it's true Australian player finally have their local server running.

Before the Australian server was added, my latency to American region was around 188 - 250ms and now it's 29ms.

Care to post your traceroute/pathping for us fellow AusGAF?

Goldenhen

We got servers now? :O

Yes we do. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032493437?page=1
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/20rvl4/were_australian_servers_ninja_added_or_something/

Here is my tracing route to Australian server.

Tracing route to 103.4.114.15 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 9 ms 12 ms 11 ms 10.209.192.1
3 28 ms 10 ms 12 ms 58.160.15.8
4 21 ms 8 ms 10 ms 58.160.15.238
5 8 ms 15 ms 12 ms TenGigE0-5-0-0.chw-edge902.sydney.telstra.net [139.130.207.81]
6 9 ms 19 ms 18 ms bundle-ether14.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.100]
7 10 ms 10 ms 18 ms 10gigabitethernet7-1.chw45.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.20.183]
8 16 ms 27 ms 18 ms equini3.lnk.telstra.net [139.130.117.214]
9 10 ms 11 ms 12 ms xe-0-0-0.gw101.sy1.ap.equinix.com [27.111.240.142]
10 10 ms 10 ms 14 ms xe-1-0-1.gw101.sy3.ap.equinix.com [27.111.240.145]
11 21 ms 18 ms 16 ms 27.111.251.106
12 * 27.111.251.114 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

Anyone else getting a lot of repeats in their legendary drops? I've gotten seven Blackthorne belts since the patch. On the bright side, I have a pair of Firewalkers for each primary stat and awesome Andariel's Visages for both Wiz and DH.

Braag

Just dinged Paragon 100
75 levels after the patch 2.0 and still no proper bow or crossbow drop :s

Anyone else getting a lot of repeats in their legendary drops? I've gotten seven Blackthorne belts since the patch. On the bright side, I have a pair of Firewalkers for each primary stat and awesome Andariel's Visages for both Wiz and DH.

Yeah... Blackthorne's Jousting Mail and Sash of Knives have dropped for me quite a few times..

Wait...I need to switch from American Region/Account to Asian account/region to get these new better pings right? As an Australian I have like all classes at 60 with decent to good gear and a lot of time Invested.

It would suck if I had to choose my characters over good ping, I'm tired of 200+ ping with the American server.

Goldenhen

Wait...I need to switch from American Region/Account to Asian account/region to get these new better pings right? As an Australian I have like all classes at 60 with decent to good gear and a lot of time Invested.

It would suck if I had to choose my characters over good ping, I'm tired of 200+ ping with the American server.

No you don't because of Global Play https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/global-play

I'm playing on American region and it connected me to local server located in Sydney.

Zushin

Wow thanks for letting us know, getting between 40-100 ping now, down from 250-400.

lexi

Banned
Well that was amazing, playing the game how it was meant to be played. Glorious.

I wonder if this means Oceanic WoW servers will be moved too? Cause that would pretty much get me to resub.

Yoshichan

IM ON MY WAY HOME NOW!!!

Yoshichan

Selfies while waiting for the bus!!

Edit: Oh shit, I don't play for 24h - come back and see 6 friend requests (GAF clan requests) :D Keep it up EU GAF!

Awwww yeah, got that ill set chest armor crafting recipe!! *goes to craft it*. The item is level 21 !! I didn't even know you could get set items that low.. Meh, pretty worthless. Edit: I didn't actually craft the item, I just looked at its possible stat roll.

garath

What's wrong with my monk? He can barley solo T3 and he should be able to with the DPS/Life Steal/Resists..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/classified01-1923/hero/13669128
(Apparently it hasn't updated yet, my DPS is higher than that as you can see in my screen. But the items are the same as well as the skill build)

Toughness way low. The friend I duo with is a monk. He only has 90k dps but has close to 2mil toughness with mantras. We are able to T3 without difficulties. He just face tanks everything.

I picked up http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-three-hundredth-spear last night on my barb.

Been having a blast hurling boulders on people - fantastic item for the boulder build since they nearly always incorporate weapon throw as well. My gear isn't fantastic, but this build is a lot more fun and a LOT faster at elite kills than whirlwind barbarian. Takes like 10-15seconds to kill A4 Keywarden with Boulders and it would take at least 30seconds with a Whirlwind build.

It's fun to play something not orientated around whirlwind since that's all I've been doing for a very long time!

Went ahead and pre-ordered the expansion. I'm loving the new Loot 2.0 and i'm hyped as hell for adventure mode and the like. I'm going to be rolling a crusader, and the group i play with wants me to be our tank and our current tank (a monk) transitions to DPS. Can someone who has played the crusader give some insight on if the class is able to tank well, or should we keep our monk as the tank?

Yoshichan

Say my name -
motherfucking Yoshi
You're god damn right!

I thought people by now knew that I walked around dressed as a Yoshi (sometimes with the mask, sometimes with my skin colored green, depending on where I'm headed etc).

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom