• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy shit I had no idea there were 2-handed flails! And EVERY one has actual legendary properties, no turkeys. I'm gonna crusade so god damn hard next week.

Martheron

I'm actually looking forward to this, mainly just because I love me some holy warriors. I came back to Diablo 3 about the same time 2.0 dropped, hit 60 on my monk, found the plans for Cain's set, hit paragon 30ish (going to try and hit 50). I am ready to make my Crusader!

man getting my ass kicked in hard on my lvl 20 monk. think i need new weapons... or skills idk. i dont play diablo style arpgs much :X

getting destroyed by those laser turret things...

Playing with 30ms now is crazy, even moving stuff around in your inventory and stash is instant whereas before with 190-210ms (which was as good as it ever got for me here in Sydney) it was all laggy and unresponsive.

Thank you Blizzard!

Tom Penny

man getting my ass kicked in hard on my lvl 20 monk. think i need new weapons... or skills idk. i dont play diablo style arpgs much :X

getting destroyed by those laser turret things...

Use dashing strike. You an dash through walls and lasers etc and reposition. I think it's a monk necessity.

Boogdud

Anyone else getting a lot of repeats in their legendary drops? I've gotten seven Blackthorne belts since the patch. On the bright side, I have a pair of Firewalkers for each primary stat and awesome Andariel's Visages for both Wiz and DH.

Uh, yeah. Something terrible is up with drops for me. I've gotten 4 of the exact same unique equipped ring in a row on my barb in 3 hours. Oh, and the primary stat has been INT on 3 of the 4. It's been great.

Robin64

Still want Necromancer back. Witch Doctor just doesn't cut it.

WBX9H29J.jpg

Giggzy

Seriously this shit

k9HKl8s.gif
k9HKl8s.gif
k9HKl8s.gif

is why the game is awesome now. My previously tough to use build that totally forgoes all the ranged stuff the DH is known for and STILL IS VIABLE (Slaughtering stuff on Torment 2, could probably have fun in Torment 4)

This..... Is amazing. I just hit 60 yesterday on my DH and switched to this build. My gear sucks horribly at the moment but it's still working pretty well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I should try a melee build on my DH just out of anger due to never getting a Kridershot. Then again, I never got a sweet high dps dex 1hand legendary either, so meh.

Nete

You don't really need to use a 1h weapon for a melee build, just don't use arrow skills (or any skill that needs a bow/crossbow to be used). Also, this way you don't lose the quiver and all its extra stats.

Talon

Anyone else getting a lot of repeats in their legendary drops? I've gotten seven Blackthorne belts since the patch. On the bright side, I have a pair of Firewalkers for each primary stat and awesome Andariel's Visages for both Wiz and DH.
Literally have gotten the same 2 handed mace three times in a row. For my wizard.

One at level 31, one at 34, and one at 36.

Blizz be trollin'

Takuan

e4Nx17K.jpg

Sadly they nerfed the amulet that gives you skellies :(

Bro is your weapon an organ attached to a chain?

Edit: Nevermind.

B.net said:
"The head of this curious weapon consists of a highly unusual and volatile rock formation. Some speculate it came from a meteor—or an entirely different plane of existence, silly as that is. It has defied the understanding of scholars for centuries, but then again, I have never had a look at it!" —Abd al-Hazir

Totally looks like a brain, which would've been so much cooler.

Still want Necromancer back. Witch Doctor just doesn't cut it.

WBX9H29J.jpg

A couple years back I dusted off my beloved D2 and went to play my Skelli-mancer, much like that picture.

I remember waves of Eastern European gamers, inexplicably playing on US East, and giving me shit saying how my build lagged out their PCs and ruined the game.

Good times. :p What were they playing on... 486's?

A couple years back I dusted off my beloved D2 and went to play my Skelli-mancer, much like that picture.

I remember waves of Eastern European gamers, inexplicably playing on US East, and giving me shit saying how my build lagged out their PCs and ruined the game.

Same thing happened to me in the US. Mainly d/c's because dial-up.

th3dude

Seriously this shit

http://i.imgur.com/k9HKl8s.gif[img][img]http://i.imgur.com/k9HKl8s.gif[img][img]http://i.imgur.com/k9HKl8s.gif[img]

is why the game is awesome now. My previously tough to use build that totally forgoes all the ranged stuff the DH is known for and STILL IS VIABLE (Slaughtering stuff on Torment 2, could probably have fun in Torment 4)[/QUOTE]

I need some links to this build!

Ketch

This exact thing happened to me. The first thing he said was "I told you not to build skeletons".

So of course I just built more skeletons and said "I am a necro mancer"

Shifty76

Can't remember if I ever posted this in the other thread, so gonna repost here.

Testing a bunch of +CS and +lightning dmg gear on my monk.

Sheet dps of ~115k which clears things faster than my ~250k dps set. Shows exactly why sheet dps means NOTHING in terms of actual dps, at least for monks anyway.

Vid of a T3 run

Armory Link

The difficulty once you hit inferno spiked hard, and all along the way loot drops were tuned for the auction house. So you could play for hours without having anything useful for yourself drop. I played 250 hours, and aside from the start when you have nothing, nearly all of my gear had to be bought from the auction house to stay competitive. Never found a single legendary either. For a game centered around finding loot, this was terrible design.

The game is much better tuned with new difficulties, class balance, and more frequent loot that has a higher chance at rolling affixes designed for your class. In my first hour post patch, I was able to upgrade every slot with useful gear, often replacing level 40ish items with level 60, simply because prepatch I hadn't found anything good in 20 levels of play. 2.0 was a complete relaunch as far as I'm concerned.

So who's fault is this whole issue with 3? Is it strictly Jay Wilson? Because it seems like the game as it is now is what it should have been when it launched.

Also, I still wish they had a gold only auction house in conjunction with loot 2.0. I think having an active economy with WoW has spoiled me, but it was convenient to be able to grab components for crafting when I didn't want to farm. I think they went a little far with all the BoA nonsense.

For anyone looking to level up some extra characters while the exp bonus is active.

Fastest way I found is to load your low level up with exp boosting gear, (hellfire ring, ruby in helm, any other exp boosts), and then have a geared 60 run you through Torment 6.

Lowbie creates T6 game at act 1 beginning, (graveyard a1 runs work even better).
60 geared joins lowbie's game and runs a train on all the enemies. (they will be scaled off game creator, so they will be lowbie T6 mobs)
Lowbie sits back and gets blinded by leveling flashes

The only way you can access torment is to have beaten the game right?

Giggzy

For a newly dinged level 60 with 50k sheet dps, is it better to farm normal for upgrades? Or should I do group T1 runs? I'm looking to gear faster than I have been. My luck hasn't been the greatest with legendaries dropping lately

Ashodin

This..... Is amazing. I just hit 60 yesterday on my DH and switched to this build. My gear sucks horribly at the moment but it's still working pretty well.

Welcome to the Order, brother!

I should try a melee build on my DH just out of anger due to never getting a Kridershot. Then again, I never got a sweet high dps dex 1hand legendary either, so meh.

Do eet

You don't really need to use a 1h weapon for a melee build, just don't use arrow skills (or any skill that needs a bow/crossbow to be used). Also, this way you don't lose the quiver and all its extra stats.

Blasphemy! The only way to be true melee is to forgo my brethren's ranged weapons and take up shield and sword.

Is there a post somewhere in the thread that explains the melee DH thing? Looks fun.

Yessssss more more!

I need some links to this build!

It's on the previous page just a handful of posts above that one :D

The Order of the Lion grows!

Taz

For a newly dinged level 60 with 50k sheet dps, is it better to farm normal for upgrades? Or should I do group T1 runs? I'm looking to gear faster than I have been. My luck hasn't been the greatest with legendaries dropping lately

Crafting is the quickest way to improve your sheet dps but your problem is without the AH you'll have to find the plans so it's not worth it with the limited time you have , I would just farm paragon levels while the buff is active, you can do this without "cota" farming, if you have no one to group with join a torment 3 to 5 public game

Ps what class are you ? Because ranged it's easyer to farm higher torments

garath

I'm struggling with Loot 2.0 with my DH for now. I think I need some really good/specific drops to improve my damage. I've gotten hundreds and hundreds of rares (and about 15 legendaries) with no upgrade to damage without sacrificing upwards of 20% toughness (and even that's usually like 2% damage increase)

sheet dps is around 90k in game. Toughness floats around 950k. I guess I'm looking for RoS to start me on an upward trend again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I didn't have much in the way of gear prior to Loot 2.0 so this is what I've gotten since.

Ashodin

I'm struggling with Loot 2.0 with my DH for now. I think I need some really good/specific drops to improve my damage. I've gotten hundreds and hundreds of rares (and about 15 legendaries) with no upgrade to damage without sacrificing upwards of 20% toughness (and even that's usually like 2% damage increase)

sheet dps is around 90k in game. Toughness floats around 950k. I guess I'm looking for RoS to start me on an upward trend again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I didn't have much in the way of gear prior to Loot 2.0 so this is what I've gotten since.

Yeah you need some bracers and gloves. Also, get two one hand crossbows. Will be better DPS. Also, are you playing on torment?

garath

Yeah you need some bracers and gloves. Also, get two one hand crossbows. Will be better DPS. Also, are you playing on torment?

I clear T2 fast. That's usually what I play on. T3 is doable but it just takes too long. I haven't found any 1h xbows that have better DPS than windforce. It's the only legendary weapon I've found for the DH.

Been keeping an eye out for better gloves and bracers but I lose so much toughness that it's hard to replace. Bracer is definitely the weakest piece of gear I have.

I'll probably suck it up and lose the toughness for more dps but I want it to be a good increase for the loss of defense.

Goldenhen

i'm in america and my ping is a constant 200 ms
Are you using any proxy? Or any VPN such as battle ping or Pingzapper?

Have you try test in private game? I'm asking this because if you joined the game and the party leader happened to be living in US then your latency around 200ms.

Taz

I clear T2 fast. That's usually what I play on. T3 is doable but it just takes too long. I haven't found any 1h xbows that have better DPS than windforce. It's the only legendary weapon I've found for the DH.

Been keeping an eye out for better gloves and bracers but I lose so much toughness that it's hard to replace. Bracer is definitely the weakest piece of gear I have.

I'll probably suck it up and lose the toughness for more dps but I want it to be a good increase for the loss of defense.

This is a common problem I see all the time people with low sheet dps saying they can't find upgrades , stop looking for full upgrades I.e ones the show all green on items , dps > toughness by a mile 150k dps should be easy to get with better bracers gloves helm, if you have the demon/sages craft set plans craft them if not craft 5 or 6 stat ones.

Hari Seldon

This is a noob question. If I get some friends to play this, does the game do some type of scaling if their new characters want to play with my established character, or does the game require everyone to be at a similar level?

Wallach

This is a noob question. If I get some friends to play this, does the game do some type of scaling if their new characters want to play with my established character, or does the game require everyone to be at a similar level?

There is no scaling of that sort; you'll probably want to make a new character to play with them, or use your high level character to quickly level up their new characters so they can join you at your level of content faster.

Hari Seldon

There is no scaling of that sort; you'll probably want to make a new character to play with them, or use your high level character to quickly level up their new characters so they can join you at your level of content faster.

Ah that sucks, I thought it did. Thanks.

The difficulty scales to whoever is the host. So if one of the new players hosts the game then you can steam role and powerelevel them with your main. They will be a little behind on gear though. Depends on what you and your friends are looking to do.

The scaling is in the game though as I have started new characters and set the difficulty to T6. While having a 60 friend run through and PL me. It goes a lot slower once I hit lvl 45. So scaling is definitely in the game but there is no way for the game to average the difficulty to the group of players it is all dependent on who is the host.

HildyB

Just all start over together on Hard difficulty and you guys will level like crazy and have fun together doing it.

Xyber

For someone that is completely new to the game I think it's better to just play it normally and not be boosted to 60 in a few hours. You need some time to try out all the skills/runes to see what you like and come up with your own builds.

There's plenty of time to do all the loot runs and shit later on, but I think the first playthrough should be a "normal" one.

So I'd say make a new character that you use when playing with them up until they finish the game at least once and then you can boost the rest of the way to 60.

Jubs

How do you calculate +elemental damage into your sheet dps? I'm sitting on about 47% +lightning dmg with my monk, and was curious to know what my true dps output was.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ccrook said:

I just want to remind Yoshi-san that this should be in the OP.

LORE!
Awesome, will read.

The only way you can access torment is to have beaten the game right?

Yes, that's correct.
The strategy I posted is more geared towards people that already have a max level character and are looking to level up some extras.

What are these "infernal machines" and blood shards and all that?

Machines are created from the keys that Keywardens drop. They allow you to open portals to the Ubers to get organ parts for Hellfire Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom