• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

one thing that is an easy fix with a mystics is sockets you need some sockets in your gear, they go a long way with dex and toughness.

Man, I wish it were that easy. I've been trying to get a socket into my bow and I've already spent about 15 souls. Every other weapon I got a socket within a maximum of 3 tries but on that freaking bow it's impossible. I'm already at over 500k enchant cost :|

scy

Crusader changes? RIP Condemn

RNG gonna RNG. Did 5-6 T2 rifts last night with Havok and got 1 leg. (2 plans though as well, but still)

We did somewhere around 20 or so total Rifts over the night and the end average was around 2/run. There were bad streaks, sure, but then we had runs where one person got 3-4 (and/or two from one kill, gg) to balance it out.

Basically, it rained Forgotten Souls.

XShagrath

I'm no wizard but you have a lot of room for growth.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep all that in mind, and try to re-roll some of my stuff today.

Re-rolling on rings sucks so much because I don't want to sink that much money into upgrading gems. Hopefully I can nail it on my first go.

Mugaaz

Wizard Questions:

Why the hell do people like Frozen Orb? I had a butload of cold gear I had farmed up, tried doing FO. Its shit in everyway as far as I can see, with the 1 exception of farming trash difficulties. Each FO can hit twice IF you position it correctly, but you get a max of 4-7 of them realistically before out of AP. Now you're using a garbage builder to refill. I can use AT instead and hit twice a second for the same damage as FO, and never ever run out of AP except against a huge hp single target like a rift boss. Don't need to waste a skill slot on a builder, don't have to constantly switch between skills with non-negligible dps loss due to human slowness. The only thing FO seems good for is clearing absolute trash level mobs while power leveling someone.

Mirrorball: I'm having trouble finding out how to use this. I've seen people talking up conflag. I tried this and it's cool, but it absolutely blows vs anything small, and vs lots of trash. The damage is horrific until it builds up, which makes it absolutely insane vs bosses, but REALLY bad vs trash packs. I tried switching to Glacial Spike, This was actually kind of cool, really nice LOH of like 40k/s, seems like it absolutely, positively, requires high area damage to work. Found the CC of spike useful, but this really doesnt feel as good as AT yet. Every spender I tried with Mirrorball didnt make much sense, none of them really gelled well. I think the real key here is going melee with mirorrball, and using MLW + on hit weapon + IAS + Deflection, unfortunately I got a lvl 20 MLW and no good on hit weapon, have a wizspike I can try I guess. Arcane orbit might work too, need to try that as well. I've got a really nice 10%/99% amulet, but I am going to try MLW to see how well this can do.

scy

Wait, Crusaders with 600k DPS in lvl 70?
I have been farming Torment 1 and I have 175k
WTF

Numbers are everywhere with bloated scores and a lot of hidden damage. I'm at right under 1M (998k, because fuck this game) and I'm at T1/T2 one-shot levels.

A lot of the problem with the class is that their damage in most builds is heavily front loaded. So you engage and drop all your Wrath as fast as you can and start your cooldown timers. For the next X seconds, everything kind of sucks. So if you're to picture how their clear speed goes with damage upgrades, its this slow improvement until you hit the magical set of numbers where everything dies on engage (or shortly after) and cooldowns are all available right when you next need them. Then your clear speed skyrockets to basically comparable to most other classes.

Wait, Crusaders with 600k DPS in lvl 70?
I have been farming Torment 1 and I have 175k
WTF

I have 800k dps/9.5m toughness and I'm not at the top of the pack. Just figure out what stats you want in each slot (cc/cd on rings/amu for example) and keep an eye out for rares that are one reroll away from being ideal. Kadala is great for finding this sort of thing.

Profiles are still jacked. I have just over 800k base DPS and 5 million toughness.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Mixed bag last night. I found my new ammy. Thanks Kalada! However I dumped my last 17 million into rolling fire on it and all I got was 12%. Each roll is well over a million currently.

Then I accidentally salvaged a bad ass fire axe I found after dumping 10 souls trying roll a soc. Still kicking myself ...

However, I'm really happy with my current monk build. I have about +80 to fire and another +30 to cyclone strike. The cyclones are doing 8 mill plus on the crits. For elites I can cyclone in for the strong arm bonus, lay out some EP, the hit Epiphany. My spirit gets to full and then I just spam CS. I usually get 3-4 in before I refill my spirit and get another 3-4 in.

Raven77

I'm sorry but I don't believe in this concept of RNG. I am convinced that this game has some sort of "legendary find %" that it applies to your character either for a day or two at a time, or possibly dependent upon the session, like when you first start playing.

I am also convinced that Torment does not actually increase your chance to get legendaries like it says.

I say this for several reasons.

1. Myself and 3 friends have been testing a theory that Normal mode drops just as many legendaries if not more than Torment. For all of us, Normal mode has dropped over 35% more legendaries than Torment 2+. Essentially we log every time we get one, the time between drops roughly, and whether it was Normal or Torment.

2. A while back we started logging in, playing either normal or Torment and if nobody had found a legendary within 30 minutes of play, we would all log out, shut down D3, and then restart. What we found was that if we did find a legendary within 30 minutes, we typically would find as a group of 4 players between 6-8 legendaries in the course of a 2 hour session. For testing, we also play for a few hours if nobody finds one in the first 30 minutes. In those sessions, we would average about 1-2 legendaries.

I'm sorry but the loot rate or RNG is completely broken in this game. There is no reward whatsoever for doing more difficult things. In our group, over 50% of the legendaries we get are out of barrels or crates. We've been tracking this ever since the launch of Reaper. Has anyone else noticed the above?

scy

Oh god where are you seeing this and what is happening?

[worrying intensifies]

It's a joke, though I wouldn't be surprised if it does get dropped a bit. It isn't a patch without RIP X

Profiles are still jacked. I have just over 800k base DPS and 5 million toughness.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Mixed bag last night. I found my new ammy. Thanks Kalada! However I dumped my last 17 million into rolling fire on it and all I got was 12%. Each roll is well over a million currently.

Then I accidentally salvaged a bad ass fire axe I found after dumping 10 souls trying roll a soc. Still kicking myself ...

However, I'm really happy with my current monk build. I have about +80 to fire and another +30 to cyclone strike. The cyclones are doing 8 mill plus on the crits. For elites I can cyclone in for the strong arm bonus, lay out some EP, the hit Epiphany. My spirit gets to full and then I just spam CS. I usually get 3-4 in before I refill my spirit and get another 3-4 in.

That Axe :( I'm sorry man.

I think I got a 2% ASPD upgrade throughout the night and got myself killed 5 times trying to watch my Krede's Flame Resource generation ;__;

Azulsky

There is no reward whatsoever for doing more difficult things.

I think most people will agree on that. I havent played since they jacked up the drop chances last night but Im hopeful.

There was a Blizz post that Legendary Crafting mats will become similar to Death Breath in Drop Rate. Forgotten Souls are in this item category.

Resplendent Chests are not going to be fixed until a real patch because they apparently just forgot about them or regressed them so they are still trying to function off nephalem stacks which were removed. I have a feeling this applies to cursed chests too.

Generally though I think more people are going to be frustrated because there is still a ceiling for gear that you have to crawl over on all fours entirely due to Drops instead of being able to play a market.

They generally are fixing the right things, so im not going to really complain too much.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I tried the Crusader build with Judgement+80%crit chance, Law of Valor+100% crit damage, Bombardment (1 big impact) and insta-Condemn and it's pretty hilarious. Doing like 100m damage in the space of 1 second. Only after that it's 20-30 seconds of sadness as I wait for my cooldowns. I'm trying to stack CDR but outside of 10% on my Scourge and ~7% from Paragon I don't have any yet.

That Axe :( I'm sorry man.

I think I got a 2% ASPD upgrade throughout the night and got myself killed 5 times trying to watch my Krede's Flame Resource generation ;__;

Yeah we did well last night. My favorite death was standing in the middle of exploding elites after they died. I miss dashing strike sometimes ... Most of the time not so much. Epiphany is rad.

Sciz

I am also convinced that Torment does not actually increase your chance to get legendaries like it says.

A blue just posted the additional drop percentages for T1 and T2. They're not insignificant, but you're not going to be seeing twice as many or anything, and if you're not one-shotting everything like you do on normal, the difference in clear speed likely covers the gap.

RNG is now, forever, and always, RNG.

I'm sorry but I don't believe in this concept of RNG. I am convinced that this game has some sort of "legendary find %" that it applies to your character either for a day or two at a time, or possibly dependent upon the session, like when you first start playing.

1. Myself and 3 friends have been testing a theory that Normal mode drops just as many legendaries if not more than Torment. For all of us, Normal mode has dropped over 35% more legendaries than Torment 2+. Essentially we log every time we get one, the time between drops roughly, and whether it was Normal or Torment.

2. A while back we started logging in, playing either normal or Torment and if nobody had found a legendary within 30 minutes of play, we would all log out, shut down D3, and then restart. What we found was that if we did find a legendary within 30 minutes, we typically would find as a group of 4 players between 6-8 legendaries in the course of a 2 hour session. For testing, we also play for a few hours if nobody finds one in the first 30 minutes. In those sessions, we would average about 1-2 legendaries.

I'm sorry but the loot rate or RNG is completely broken in this game. There is no reward whatsoever for doing more difficult things. In our group, over 50% of the legendaries we get are out of barrels or crates. We've been tracking this ever since the launch of Reaper. Has anyone else noticed the above?

Yeah. You must not have played Vanilla. It was much worse than it is now.

I see no issues with RNG. Like Sciz just said, RNG gonna RNG.

Yeah we did well last night. My favorite death was standing in the middle of exploding elites after they died. I miss dashing strike sometimes ... Most of the time not so much. Epiphany is rad.

I only miss it in combat when I get locked somewhere. I also miss it when I want to dash around because I can't find a mob. But facetanking with IS:FP is just too awesome.

I'm at a good point with my build, but I'm going to try to start gearing up for a TR build to see if I can do it on torment 1. TR+Epiphany is just absurd fun.

Tom Penny

I thought the game was always designed around how fast can you clear and getting as much xp as possible with increasing legend drops % as a bonus. I don't think efficiency as the goal will every change. What I do want is materials to be able to drop anywhere at any time so you don't have to farm specific routes. Just base it on the odds of getting that material to drop.

Apparently I will be stepping up to T2 rifts this weekend.

Does anyone know if the more you enchant the higher the cost on everything you enchant becomes? Now every legend I get requires flawless imperials to enchant..I get the price going up on the same item trying to enchant but wasn't expecting that.

Dahbomb

You have to realize two things.

1) There's an internal timer in the game that gives you roughly a guaranteed Legendary about every 1 and a half hour to 2 hours. This applies to all difficulties.

2) Time is irrelevant when comparing loot % of different difficulties... it's all about how many monsters you clear and how many stuff you break/open. You are going to be clearing Normal way faster than Torment difficulties, that's obvious. This means that you are clearing more monsters in less time.

The more accurate way to compare loot % is to count how many monsters you kill, boxes you open before you get a Legendary across difficulties. In this regard Torment obviously has an edge over Normal.

Is it just me, or is Loot 2.0 kinda slow with good drops? Started playing RoS with my lvl 60 Witch Doctor, got one legendary in first 30 minutes or so (and not one I can use, since I got better yellow dagger), and after that nothing in some 2-3 hours I've been playing around :(

And what's worse, I rarely get anything worthwhile from yellow upgrades. And I think I'm not that good geared for it to matter (lvl 64 currently, and got around 60-ish k dps).

I only miss it in combat when I get locked somewhere. I also miss it when I want to dash around because I can't find a mob. But facetanking with IS:FP is just too awesome.

I'm at a good point with my build, but I'm going to try to start gearing up for a TR build to see if I can do it on torment 1. TR+Epiphany is just absurd fun.

TR + Epiphany is stupid fun. I've built a decent TR set. It's not T1 capable, but I melt expert currently. It will be my bounty rig. I cleared all 5 bounties myself in extremely short times.

Fleetfoot + TR rune that increases speed + bracers that increase MS on an item breaking makes for very fast runs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
maybe they buff crusader i would like them to increase the block chance of shields.

Block chance can actually get quite high pretty easily. I'm more concerned with block value. Shields should feel more powerful than being capped at 23k damage reduction for every shield that isn't Coven's Criterion.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Ehem,

Torment levels bump the base % drop rate on legendaries you get. That's fact.

But in add to that, legendary drop rates are never actually static.

There is RNG, which is based totally on luck. Sometimes you can be so lucky that you’ll get 2 legendary items in 2 drops, while at other times you won’t get 1 for hours. But the system also has a fail-safe to counteract the latter scenario from affecting the unlucky for too long a time.

On average you should be getting at least 1 legendary item every 2 hours of active play. If that’s not happening the game will start to take notice that you haven’t rolled a legendary item. If this proceeds for another couple of hours, the safety net will kick in. What this will do is greatly increase the chances of a legendary drop incrementally over time once it is activated. So if you’re playing and haven’t found one for hours, the safety net will boost the drop chance until a time will come where you will have a 99.9% chance of a legendary drop and get your item.

This later scenario shouldn't happen for 99% of people playing the game in the first place, but the system is designed for those unfortunate 1% that fail to get 1 legendary around every 2 hours.

Basically, with this system, it is nearly impossible to go around more than 14 hours without at least 1 legendary.

This is true even if you have exited the game in between several sessions, as the safety does not reset after exiting the game, but only after a legendary item (does not include legendary plans and legendary materials) is dropped.

However, note that you can’t cheat this system; there are other dynamics involved in the system, so you simply cannot be AFK for 8 hours and then kill a few enemies and expect to find a legendary drop.

Is it just me, or is Loot 2.0 kinda slow with good drops? Started playing RoS with my lvl 60 Witch Doctor, got one legendary in first 30 minutes or so (and not one I can use, since I got better yellow dagger), and after that nothing in some 2-3 hours I've been playing around :(

And what's worse, I rarely get anything worthwhile from yellow upgrades. And I think I'm not that good geared for it to matter (lvl 64 currently, and got around 60-ish k dps).

This isn't an MMO and itemization isn't really based around level 60 anymore. With that stated not getting a leg after an hour really isn't that big of a deal. Pre 2.0 people went weeks and months between legendary drops.

Tom Penny

Blizzard just need to hook me up with a Thuderfury or Won Kim. I got a Shard of Hate and even though I didn't even roll dex for my Monk it was literally game changing. I can always create a barb and whirlwind lighting mobs to death I suppose.

Mystic Rhythm with lashing tail kick is sick. I'm not even uber by any stretch but criting 10 million was a surprise :)

Does anyone know if the more you enchant the higher the cost on everything you enchant becomes? Now every legend I get requires flawless imperials to enchant..I get the price going up on the same item trying to enchant but wasn't expecting that.

Yes. My stupid yellow ammy will cost me over a million to increase it's fire%. I blew 16 million last night trying ....

Dahbomb

Guys I have one thing to say to party players...

Please farm together. If you are in a group and you need to TP back... save it until everyone goes back. That's because while you are TPing back a Legendary can drop for you while your party moves forward. Then when you TP on a player they are probably in a different zone and you don't bother to look back for Legendaries that they may have dropped.

There have been many times where I TP'd back and discovered that there was a Legendary I missed a few rooms back. Thank god for the Legendary star icon on the map though.

So yeah please stick together at all times. You don't want to deny someone a Legendary drop and then they come on the board complaining that they haven't gotten a Legendary for 3-4 hours (which shouldn't be possible according to the inherent Legendary timer).

Yes. My stupid yellow ammy will cost me over a million to increase it's fire%. I blew 16 million last night trying ....
Dat min maxing addiction. The bitch will take your gold and your Souls.

God bless.

May the wizard tears be glorious.

I won't celebrate, but it's definitely been on the radar since the expansion went live. The fact that lots of wizard players don't recognize how much stronger their class is than all the others is honestly surprising, especially if they play other classes.

The class does by far the most damage, has top of the line survivability (all that int = crazy all res), top of the line mobility, and can regenerate a full resource globe in three attacks. No other class comes even close.

I've been maining a crusader since the expansion and am nearing 600K dps and I still am basically a glorified buff bot for rift runs. I see brand new level 70 wizards destroy stuff faster than me. :/

Block chance can actually get quite high pretty easily. I'm more concerned with block value. Shields should feel more powerful than being capped at 23k damage reduction for every shield that isn't Coven's Criterion.

I'm using Coven's since it's the only tankish type shield out there. Without that passive 30% damage reduction, crusaders are actually a bit squishy. Not everything can be blocked.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Is there any point in doing T2 when T1 is faster? This is assuming of course that there is some increased benefits from doing Torment at all.

So, right now I can do a Rift in 15-20 minutes (solo) T2 but about 10 minutes in T1. Is the difference worth it? At what rate of speed are others determining what difficulty level they are doing?

TR + Epiphany is stupid fun. I've built a decent TR set. It's not T1 capable, but I melt expert currently. It will be my bounty rig. I cleared all 5 bounties myself in extremely short times.

Fleetfoot + TR rune that increases speed + bracers that increase MS on an item breaking makes for very fast runs.

TR Farming build

I think I posted this before, but it's what I'm going for. Not the top end. I just want the base. As long as I can pick up some allres pieces that aren't too much of a DPS drop and find some spirit gen I should be able to handle T1.

Edit: Art. I want your gear! haha nice build.

I won't celebrate, but it's definitely been on the radar since the expansion went live. The fact that lots of wizard players don't recognize how much stronger their class is than all the others is honestly surprising, especially if they play other classes.

The class does by far the most damage, has top of the line survivability (all that int = crazy all res), top of the line mobility, and can regenerate a full resource globe in three attacks. No other class comes even close.

I've been maining a crusader since the expansion and am nearing 600K dps and I still am basically a glorified buff bot for rift runs. I see brand new level 70 wizards destroy stuff faster than me. :/

That has nothing to do with Wizards, fresh Witch Doctors do more damage than you. Hell fresh level 60 Demon Hunters do more damage than you. Your class sucks all the dicks at blizzard...at the same time.

Carm

So.. been doing Act 5 bounty clears on the Demonhunter, to hopefully get the 1h xbow from the cache, first cache drops Pandomonium Loop.... Later finish a bounty in Heights, decide to go kill Urzael while there. Drops chest armor, I thought bleh, pick it up, immediately see it's gonna be a Cindercoat.

Get excited, I identify, str,stam, increase revenge damage by 11% barbarian only... *sigh* I did get the Hallow Plan so I may just end up making that 1h xbow, I'd prefer the cache drop though.

Dahbomb

Is there any point in doing T2 when T1 is faster? This is assuming of course that there is some increased benefits from doing Torment at all.

So, right now I can do a Rift in 15-20 minutes (solo) T2 but about 10 minutes in T1. Is the difference worth it? At what rate of speed are others determining what difficulty level they are doing?
My gold standard is that I do the difficulties where I can crush a champ pack in under 10 seconds average. Of course I have that Fist of Az that explodes enemies for 85% of their health with Exploding Palm and if I get a good one off I can kill of a pack in less than 5 seconds in a big explosion but still.... most Wizards can clear packs faster than that anyway.

For you I would say solo you should do T1 and in a group you should do T2. Group farming is pretty damn fast on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom