• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

I agree, but on the flip-side the mystic is required to exist in the BoA world. Everything that's changed was as a result of BoA. I know some hate BoA, but the mystic, increased drop rates, legs being BIS for everything, gold rewards, gold costs, gem drop rates, gem upgrade costs, everything was designed around BoA.

I think the change is good, even at this cost. There's all these items I want that are hard to get, but know whats sweet? Best way for me to get these is to kill more monsters. Not browsing forums, PM'ing people, checking AH. All that shit is gone and I can just play the game now. Hell yes.

I still wish the game allowed in-clan trading with a time limit.

Lots of drop rate details were revealed recently. Here's a chart that puts it all together:

181nV3p.png

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/226syr/d3s_diablo_difficulty_chart_pc/

Nice.

I do wish they'd bring the Uber keys in line with Death's Breath rates. They don't need to be much higher at T1, but 50% at T6 seems unreasonable.

Takuan

I didn't even touch on that in my little rant, but yeah account bound stuff is going to make the diminishing returns waaaaaay worse, I think. Not only are you going to slow down on upgrades, but you can't even incrementally get to the thing you want through trades and/or sales. You just get to sit and pray.
I feel like they have plans for this that were delayed in favor of launching 2.0 and RoS. It's stupid that we can't trade bum legs for the leg we're farming for; I can't imagine Blizz expect everyone to farm until they finally get their choice drop. The great thing is that Diablo 3 will continue to change over time, and I wouldn't be surprised to get a fairly significant patch in the upcoming months to address trading and class balance (my poor, poor Crusader).

Wallers are absolutely the worst and I support the theory that their AI has been improved significantly in RoS. They set up the most elaborate traps in the genre.
I appreciate the smarter & deadlier waller tactics; just makes combat more interesting. However, it's bullshit that the walls block Heaven's Fury (or appear to) but not their stupid arcane beams. Damn those arcane beams.

Discobird

Discobird

Would anyone on EU like to run t1 rifts or spam act2 bounties (for the act2 caches which can drop the gloves that make pylon buffs last for 10 minutes and are awesome)

I've got a 1.38m dmg wizard so the runs are really fast (biggest problem is running out of rift shards when soloing <.< )

add me if so : Finicky#2766

I don't have those gloves but I'm pretty sure they don't work on pylons (although they are supposedly bugged to give an hour-long buff for fleeting and empowered shrines).

TheYanger

The gear debate: the ceiling on gear now is VASTLY higher than it was before. You have a lot more slots that need perfect affixes (on the correct perfect items at that) in order to truly max out. Before you needed like a trifecta item in the slots where it was important and you needed jack shit in the other half. Now you need +skills to your used skills, + damage to your correct elemental type, and between the two those fit onto ALMOST every slot, you need the right legendary to roll those things, or close enough to mystic them. Then, if you want a different build? it all crashes down. You're nuts if you think it's easier to gear now than it was before, even discounting the AH. Keep in mind T6 is on the order of 8 or 9 times harder than T1, the gulf between 'I got my rares with trifecta' and 'I have full bis' is insane, just as it always was (probably moreso with just gut math).

Google

Total noob question and I apologise up front.

Just reached level 20 and finished the first act.

Should I ever be saving money? Everytime I get back to 'base' I salvage all the stuff I dont need/use and then pour my money into the blacksmith.

Should I not be doing this? I find way better equipment on my travels than I'm able to build myself (outside of the odd armour upgrade).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Total noob question and I apologise up front.

Just reached level 20 and finished the first act.

Should I ever be saving money? Everytime I get back to 'base' I salvage all the stuff I dont need/use and then pour my money into the blacksmith.

Should I not be doing this? I find way better equipment on my travels than I'm able to build myself (outside of the odd armour upgrade).

For now salvage is fine, as lower level gear doesn't vendor for shit anyway. Level 61+ gear is all different mats though, so stuff you salvage now will end up by and large useless down the road.

Moff

a few questions to this
mirrorbcujx.gif

what should I enchant, resource cost for vitality? or a socket?
also: which rune for missile is the best? I dont really like magic missile, I dont like the feel of it, it doesnt regenerate a lot of resource, but with this bonus I kinda feel forced to use it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Noooooooooooooo. We don't need bot clans, people selling clan access, or people getting kicked from clans for not contributing enough legs. FIND YOUR OWN STUFF.

rub-it-in-your-face-middle-finger-in-your-face.gif

Having absolutely no method of turning a good item that you don't want into a good item that you do want is just stupid in a multiplayer-focused ARPG.

That has nothing to do with Wizards, fresh Witch Doctors do more damage than you. Hell fresh level 60 Demon Hunters do more damage than you. Your class sucks all the dicks at blizzard...at the same time.

Wow. Ummm, okay. Enjoy having your class nerfed to the ground?

I have crusader, WD, and monk all at 70 and enjoy playing all three, so I guess I'll keep enjoying the game.

openworld

Neo Member
Noob question - again, sorry, please help. I just don't get it. As I can see in my stats gold find cap is still 300%. In that chart above how is that much Gold find even possible? I found a +98% Gold-find-Ring and was so happy. I play in Torment1 know, does this ring make any sense because I automaticly will be above 300% Goldfind...?

Thank you very much

Google

For now salvage is fine, as lower level gear doesn't vendor for shit anyway. Level 61+ gear is all different mats though, so stuff you salvage now will end up by and large useless down the road.

OK. Cool.

To clarify - I want to be pouring my money into the blacksmith now? Or saving my cash for weapons as I get to level 61+?

I don't understand Legendary items like this.

34K7CZD.jpg

Am i missing something?

Sometimes, tBlizzard wants you to see what a forgotten soul from a rift guardian looked like it its pre-soul state...case in point, that terrible belt.

Edit: I've gotten a couple of leg drops that are right in line with the stat rolls you got on that belt. It is definitely annoying to say the least.

Rizzo

Am i missing something?

They're basically yellows with slightly higher stat rolls and they're sometimes able to roll stats that slot usually doesn't have available.

Most of the time they're just another forgotten soul.

Insaniac

Noooooooooooooo. We don't need bot clans, people selling clan access, or people getting kicked from clans for not contributing enough legs. FIND YOUR OWN STUFF.

well it'd be like the current trading system, IE anyone who is in your clan at the time the item was found will be able to trade for it for 2 hours and then it expires.

Wow. Ummm, okay. Enjoy having your class nerfed to the ground?

I have crusader, WD, and monk all at 70 and enjoy playing all three, so I guess I'll keep enjoying the game.

Okay? Nerf them but that's not going to change my statement at all. It's the truth, crusaders just blow ass right now. No one is stating that you're not enjoying the game, I just found it humorous that you're mad a fresh Wizard does more damage than your crusader as if it's because that player is a wizard and not because you're a crusader and right now damage wise they're at the bottom of the barrell. A fresh anything is going to do more damage than you, crusader damage sucks ass. If you like playing a crusader despite that, that's cool and no one is saying you shouldn't. But just realize the problem isn't with the other classes; it's with crusader.

Anoregon

OK. Cool.

To clarify - I want to be pouring my money into the blacksmith now? Or saving my cash for weapons as I get to level 61+?

Oh right, I forgot you have to level those guys. Yeah, absolutely. Push your gold into leveling blacksmith/jeweler/mystic (when you encounter the latter two)

mileS

34K7CZD.jpg

Am i missing something?

Different tiers. If you'll notice ones like these will be able to roll main stats a decent amount higher than a rare. Not every legendary will be a game changing/build changer. There are more common ones like this that can basically just roll higher stats than a rare.

The Cowboy

I've been hoping for a nice belt, I decided to stay in a rift after i killed the boss and the very next elite dropped this.
tPjHhwU.jpg

This will do nicely for now.

ASTROID2

Is there a way I could reset my profile? Last year my account was hacked, and and now I'm getting back to this game but now I have items and hundreds of thousands of gold that is not mine. I'd like to start from scratch now. Can this be done?

Mugaaz

well it'd be like the current trading system, IE anyone who is in your clan at the time the item was found will be able to trade for it for 2 hours and then it expires.

No, it would be like this.

PVPBANKx000)10103 whispers you "Clan access $20/m, SoJ $15, Class Set $13. Plz for business!"

Is there a way I could reset my profile? Last year my account was hacked, and and now I'm getting back to this game but now I have items and hundreds of thousands of gold that is not mine. I'd like to start from scratch now. Can this be done?

dump the items on the ground and leave the game
for the money sink, covetous shen has some *great* deals on gems that will lighten that load, I hear. Then just leave the gems on the ground and leave the game.

edit:

The Cowboy

The best you can do now is.

Remove every item from your stash and drop it all on the floor, then spend all the gold etc (keep enchanting an item, it goes up in price each time), then when all the gold is gone - delete every character.

That's the only way at the moment as there is no reset option.

ASTROID2

dump the items on the ground and leave the game
for the money sink, covetous shen has some *great* deals on gems that will lighten that load, I hear. Then just leave the gems on the ground and leave the game.

edit:

The best you can do now is.

Remove every item from your stash and drop it all on the floor, then spend all the gold etc (keep enchanting an item, it goes up in price each time), then when all the gold is gone - delete every character.

That's the only way at the moment as there is no reset option.

Thanks guys.

Okay? Nerf them but that's not going to change my statement at all. It's the truth, crusaders just blow ass right now. No one is stating that you're not enjoying the game, I just found it humorous that you're mad a fresh Wizard does more damage than your crusader as if it's because that player is a wizard and not because you're a crusader and right now damage wise they're at the bottom of the barrell. A fresh anything is going to do more damage than you, crusader damage sucks ass. If you like playing a crusader despite that, that's cool and no one is saying you shouldn't. But just realize the problem isn't with the other classes; it's with crusader.

That's fine, so long as you gloss over the fact that wizards also blow the other classes out of the water as well.

Crusaders are definitely bottom tier, no question. There are several levels, and we're firmly in the basement. Wizards are at the top of the Empire State Building. The rest populate the floors somewhere in between, probably in the upper half of the building.

huxley00

That's fine, so long as you gloss over the fact that wizards also blow the other classes out of the water as well.

Crusaders are definitely bottom tier, no question. There are several levels, and we're firmly in the basement. Wizards are at the top of the Empire State Building. The rest populate the floors somewhere in between, probably in the upper half of the building.

I think that people are just comparing themselves to Wizards and it tends to bum them out. Wizards can do x damage, I can only do half that, I hate my class...thats the general consensus from a fair amount of people right now.

I think if other classes got a bit of a bump, that would get rid of that. The more likely alternative is that wizards will take a hit.

ASTROID2

The gold is actually over 300 million. Would it be possible to contact support and get them to delete it?

Edit: Never mind I rolled back my account from before it was hacked.

huxley00

If no one has seen a goblin rift yet caught this when playing with gaf clan earlier

http://www.twitch.tv/fluffydelusions/b/517005952

around the 2hr 4 min mark

Im not sure what dictates the goblin rift. I got two goblin rifts in one night, one was my second rift I had ever done. The other was the same night, 4th rift I've ever done (it also had a pony level). Im not sure if it stacks to allow new rifters to more likely get it or what the deal is. Its pretty cool, but really I only got one legendary out of the 25-30 goblins killed so I wouldn't be that jealous.

Only see it once myself and then a few of those mobs a few times. It's a true joy when you're with a full group and can get most of them.

When you do encounter those and are on your own and e.g. playing at Torment 1, it can be recommended to simply turn down the difficulty to normal and get a chance to kill almost all of them instead just a few. Had that situation twice with my DH and turned it down to normal, used Multishot and killed the majority of them ez.

joesmokey

I've been gone the past couple of days and it seems like some key hotfixes went in. Looks like core was finally nerfed thanks to all the T6 chest farming? :( I loved farming in that area due to the nice balance of elites and chests. It was a good change-of-pace from rifts and bounties.

I've tried running a couple of T2 rifts to see the legendary boost rate to no avail. Might be time to bump it up to T3 permanently.

Ashodin

Temporarily giving up on 2H shieldless because the struggle is too real. Also losing 200k DPS just because of a shield is ridiculous. Heavenly Strength go :/

Anyway, here's what I'm rolling:

htp4QSQ.png

tQAo0jd.png

npanciroli

Neo Member
Lots of drop rate details were revealed recently. Here's a chart that puts it all together:

181nV3p.png

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/226syr/d3s_diablo_difficulty_chart_pc/

What does +rift legendary drop and +legendary drop mean?

Is the rift legendary drop mean a guaranteed legendary off rift boss in T4 because it is 119%?

Is the +legendary drop that much higher % a mob has a chance to drop a Legendary based on what their previous chance was.

Also, if a Legendary drops is there some timer that decreases my chance to get another legendary for a period or if I'm super lucky I can have 3 legendaries drop off three mobs in a row?

Thanks everyone for letting me lurk and get tons of good info in thi OT. Finally had some questions of my own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom