• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I wish Holy Damage was stackable in the same manner as Fire Damage was. The lack of the innate Damage Reduction makes itemization a bit awkward too. I'm at 20k+ Armor / 1k+ All Resist and that feels like a good amount for most the content. I'm not sure I can reasonably push that much higher, though, outside of Paragon points for STR/Armor% and a few more max rolls on AR to get it to 1100+. My damage is fine for the most part (15-20M Fires of Heaven crits without any +Heaven's Fury Damage and only ~25% Holy Damage @ right under 1M sheet DPS) but it's all pigeonholed into this one build without too much more room for massive "free" growth.

Well, we'll see what happens with some skill changes and itemization tweaks. I don't think the class is as bad as people say it is but I do recognize it needs a lot of help. As far as trivializing T1/T2/T3 goes, I'm pretty well off in that regard.

You can get at least +45% Holy damage affixes if not a bit more, I think. Amulet, Wrists, and Weapon. I think. Maybe not as feasible for a Crusader though because the weapon is a 1h.

joesmokey

Two T3 rifts, two legendary amulets. Looks like T3 might be a good balance to run, though obviously RNG. It's definitely slower than T2 and high density areas can result in death, but at least it's a bit more interesting.

Shouta

Unsure. I smell a monk build!

Yes, I have 30% already but I'm working towards more. Holy is amazing because Fists of Fury is our best Generator and SSS has a powerful AOE rune that's holy-based. The Bell benefits too but costs quite a bit.

Lucis

Here's my monk right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/picklecannon-1125/hero/36642601

Clear T2 with relative ease. Basically just CS monsters into you and LTK them until they die. Just a little 700k sheet dps and 10m toughness, but with the %skill and %elemental damage stuff my LTK's can crit up to mid 7m damage and FoF crits for mid 2m as well. At the moment I'm trying to get a decent shoulder and ring upgrade but my plans are basically legendary dependent so it's just more grinding for me. Fire or lightning monk seems like the only way to go for end game.

I carry this around and switch it as needed:

Still waiting on the one that makes me lightning immune.

why not reroll the socket into crit chance?

EQhk1U5.jpg

My favorite rift map thus far. I've had it a couple of times. always contains somewhere between 15-25 champ packs easily.

why not reroll the socket into crit chance?

I don't really need the ammy to be good. I just switch it when I fight arcane. And I'm trying to reroll it to crit chance but it's getting expensive.

EDIT: Just tried another reroll and got 8% crit lol.

RDreamer

Because they are more about range than Barbs and Monks.

Shield makes up for the lack of DR when running Melee.

What? No.

They have a few ranged things, sure, but not enough to be without some DR. Maybe they should be 15%. I dunno.

And Shield really doesn't. You can kind of get it to a good spot with some passives and good items, but it's not quite the same really.

Ashodin

My favorite rift map thus far. I've had it a couple of times. always contains somewhere between 15-25 champ packs easily.

I don't really need the ammy to be good. I just switch it when I fight arcane. And I'm trying to reroll it to crit chance but it's getting expensive.

No lie, Jail, Graveyard, those rifts, they my bros

scy

You can get at least +45% Holy damage affixes if not a bit more, I think. Amulet, Wrists, and Weapon. I think. Maybe not as feasible for a Crusader though because the weapon is a 1h.

I think that still leaves Fire with better options (2H Weapon, Gloves, Chest) :x

Andariel's is on my long-term goal list but first I want the Heaven's Fury Flail ;__;

Cipherr

EQhk1U5.jpg

They should let us spend Kodalas shards + Rift currency together to make maps with tilesets that we like. I would roll jailer maps over inventories full of Kodalas crap rares anyday.

After several days worth of salvage-tier legendaries (when I'd get any at all), I finally got something that was a pretty significant upgrade for my Wiz (~40k DPS). It's missing any cool extra modifiers but in terms of damage output I imagine it'll last me for a while. I'd be smart to re-roll the attack speed % for crit dam, right?

YHmoFRI.jpg

Literally within minutes I found both of these as well, though neither is really usable:

rlzBP9j.jpg

5HC7mzk.jpg

Wish I got a better roll on those gloves, because the bonus effect sounds kind of nice, but I don't think even the mystic can save those.

kmfdmpig

After 1k+ blood shards, I finally have my first legendary source!

Pretty happy with the result, the rolls are decent.

I got one as well from Kadala. Yours looks a bit better, but close. Recently I've had bad luck with duplicates. The last three set items have all been duplicates, which is a bummer as I have a ring of royal grandeur and want to start using some sets.

ScribbleD

Triumverate was the first thing I got when I spent shards at her so I thought getting a legendary from her must be common. NOPE. 2k shards later and I haven't seen another one.

Gheed 2.0 bascially. Sheed.

Also, is there a more efficient way to farm legs than just doing rifts/bounties?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Thank you based Blizzard...but why did you roll me strength on my Shard of Hate and Thunderfury? Luckily Thunderfury already has a socket.

Dude congrats!

Even if it had rolled dex like you wanted it isn't like you could have rerolled much else. At least this way you can give it to other characters should you wanna play em.

Ashodin

Triumverate was the first thing I got when I spent shards at her so I thought getting a legendary from her must be common. NOPE. 2k shards later and I haven't seen another one.

Also, is there a more efficient way to farm legs than just doing rifts/bounties?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

valeo

As someone who played a Wiz till 55ish in D3 and never got one single legendary drop - I've just started playing again and went through Act 4 on normal and got 2 leg drops! Makes you feel better playing this game :p

They aren't very good, but one has made me change my skills completely as it gives +12 to cold skills.

'Rakoff's Glass of Life'
'Nemesis Bracers' (quite interesting, spawns a champion everytime i use a shrine)

scy

I mean, she is his daughter for a reason.

mileS

Find it pretty funny people complain about getting nothing after 500 or 1000 blood shards... get back to me when you've spent 8000 on sources and have nothing to show for it.

Find it pretty funny people complain about getting nothing after 500 or 1000 blood shards... get back to me when you've spent 8000 on sources and have nothing to show for it.

"raises hand"

Also no legendary sources from mobs or anything. Shields plenty of damn shields.

joesmokey

Testing out a full lightning build to take advantage of the gear I have rather than wasting endless mystic re-rolls.

What would be a good secondary to spam? I've been trying wave of force, which is kind of fun. Would arcane orb/spark be a better option?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For all of you playing Barbarians, do you ever dual wield? When and why?

It doesn't seem to do a whole ton to DPS (stat bonuses aside).

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So what are people using shards for? Inefficient gold accumulation? Just hording them hoping they put in something worth buying? They really should let us buy gems with them and buy Souls with Death's Breath.

Eliciel

after 18hours straight playing
I mean the stats + equipment, I was lvl 60 Paragon 100 before starting with about 120k dmg and 1,2m Toughness:

54284,statsWBGD9.jpg

54283,blackR3O30.jpg

Dreavus

So what are people using shards for? Inefficient gold accumulation? Just hording them hoping they put in something worth buying? They really should let us buy gems with them and buy Souls with Death's Breath.

Just throw them at a slot you want to improve. They are capped at 500 IIRC, so you need to spend them on something after a few rifts if you want to keep picking them up.

Spent thousands of shards on gambling and got me weak Magefist and a weak Mirrorball. Not impressed with Magic Missile fire build so far.

Any suggestions for my Wizard?

Tom Penny

Tried T3 on for size. Not efficient enough for me right now unless I ran with a strong group. The elite affixes pack a wallop and those charging bulls 0_0

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kharn, I still have your Goblin ring! I haven't forgotten about it, don't worry :D!

Dahbomb

I have socketed my equipment

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Arkanius-2489/hero/38472676

And I think I got better resists now, but it's still to low. And my DPS is horrible.
What else can I do to improve DPS and Resist All?
You need a socket in your weapon for starters. Get a Green emerald in there.

You need 4 primary stats on all your items and crit chance/crit damage on amulet/rings/gloves. Bracers, Helms and Shields can also roll crit chance which is a must. You can use the passive skill Finery to gain more DPS and toughness. You need all resistance rolls on Shoulder, Belt, Boots, Pants, Chest, Bracers and probably Helm/Shield too. Upgrade your gems, the first jump from Marquise to Imperial is dramatic.

This is a basic rundown. As far as more specific gear breakdown goes:

Shoulders: No main stat Strength and no All Resistance. You want to probably keep Vitality and MAYBE life regen but it's better to go for Armor or Life % or even a +% skill for a move that you use.

Helm: If you don't use Sweep then you can Enchant the Sweep bonus for Crit chance. Otherwise it's just better to get a Rare that has All Res + Crit chance.

Amulet: You need an Amulet with Strength, Crit chance, Crit damage plus either Vitality/All res or you can go for +damage to Holy skills or increased attack speed (IAS).

Gloves: Gloves need Main stat, Crit chance/Crit damage and probably increased attack speed too. Almost everyone goes for pure offensive stats on Gloves.

Bracers: You aren't using any Physical damage skills that are of importance so you probably need to swap that for Holy or Lightning. You also lack crit chance on your Bracers. You ideally want Strength, Crit chance, +% element damage (probably Holy damage given your build) and All resistance on Bracers.

Ring 1: Has no main stat. Again you need main stat, crit chance, crit damage here at least.

Shield: Needs crit chance and +block chance.

Pants: You probably need to get a pair of pants that give you main stat, vitality, all res and 2 sockets. You can't enchant those to get all res because they have a secondary resistance on there. Same thing for your Chest.

Boots: No movement speed on there and you don't use the Phalanx skill so it's wasted on there. You need new boots completely. Look for Strength, Vitality, All resistance and Movement speed. If you don't want movement speed then you can replace MS with +% Fist of Thunder or +Armor.

Your Ring 2 is pretty godly though... it will most likely never get replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom