• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dengatron

I'd like to get a defender of westmarch before they fix hallowed barricade, because i've heard the damage is fantastic and procs often. yours has a great roll.

Taz

The whole thing about loot in this thread is crazy if you think it's bad you should have tried vanilla D3 it took me just under 50 hours before I got my first legendary drop and people are complaining about 1 or 2 an hour. This biggest problem I see at the moment is people don't understand gear and how it works. I mean someone in this thread claimed they got level 70 and couldn't find upgrades to there level 60 gear after hours and hours of play time, no just no, I've seen people in the clan moan about not getting upgrades and they are sitting at 270k dps using an old legendary weapon, when any new level 70 rare with a socket would be a clear upgrade.

People need to learn that legendary doesn't always mean better and look at what items they loot, I bet most people don't even check rares unless they see all green on the three stats.

Ps if your sitting at 300-600k dps you're no we're near an upgrade wall.

What does +rift legendary drop and +legendary drop mean?

Let's say on normal, there's a 0.01% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.
The 25% rift bonus means there's now a 0.0125% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.
119% means there's a 0.0219% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.

Obviously not the real numbers but that's how it applies.

The mystic definitely hurts things in this way. The reason it hurts things, though, is because they still didn't realistically fix the loot problem. Everyone's gunning for the same few affixes. So as you said if you only need 3 affixes and you can re-roll to the 4th, etc, then longevity is hurt. But everyone's gunning for those same 4 affixes pretty much. They added a ton of cool affixes that would have made different gearings possible and even had the ability to gather multiple sets of gear in order to do vastly different play styles. As of right now, though, I don't hear anyone at all saying "You should re-roll that to area damage" or "re-roll that to IAS" even.

In my previous post I talked about this too. Aside from buffing things like area damage, etc (and/or nerving crit stuff), they should take some of those legendary affixes and toss those out to the world or rares and stuff too. Then you could be aiming for vastly different things and really changing things up a lot. "Perfect gear" could be much more subjective.

I don't think this is completely fair. For one, the game has been out less than two weeks. Area damage and reduced cooldown both will take more experimentation than apply elemental damage to the already known, CC, CD, IAS. I'm curious about builds that will utilize these and I personally think area damage is currently underrated. It's also going to take longer than before to test new build ideas. Before you went to the AH and bought what was needed. Now a full set of reduced cooldown gear needs to be farmed.

You're also not taking into account of how the primary and secondary stats are affecting us. Before I could get both main stats maybe AR and the three damage dealers. Now I can only get a mix of 4. Increasing damage currently comes at a much larger toughness cost than before. You're also leaving out skill modifiers too.

There's A LOT more opportunity cost that needs to be weighed with each stat now. My monk is a testament to this. My 800k DPS / +80 fire / +30 cyclone strike can shred through T3, but if I run into a tough pack I get wrecked. So I obviously need to rethink my setup. Before it was stack as much CC, CD and IAS as possible toughness be damned.

The mystic should help us in this process. Without her it would take forever due to most thing being BoA

npanciroli

Neo Member
Let's say on normal, there's a 0.01% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.
The 25% rift bonus means there's now a 0.0125% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.
119% means there's a 0.0219% chance an enemy will drop a legendary.

Obviously not the real numbers but that's how it applies.

Fantastic, thanks for this. Also excited to see the Crusader changes as my 70s are Wizard and Crusader and the difference is night and day.

Going to try and level a Barb with my friend from 60-70 this weekend should be fun.

Kade

Temporarily giving up on 2H shieldless because the struggle is too real. Also losing 200k DPS just because of a shield is ridiculous. Heavenly Strength go :/

Anyway, here's what I'm rolling:

htp4QSQ.png

tQAo0jd.png

Sellout.

Dahbomb

I actually got a Thundergod's Vigor from Kadala last night while streaming, which was crazy since I was looking for that.

Then it dropped like 3 minutes after I left town.
That was YOU!

OMFG!

LMAO Ashodin converting... yea I can't imagine playing Crusader without shield... it's too ingrained in the class. Maybe if they give him 30% mitigation it might be solid.

Ashodin

That was YOU!

OMFG!

LMAO Ashodin converting... yea I can't imagine playing Crusader without shield... it's too ingrained in the class. Maybe if they give him 30% mitigation it might be solid.

I'll still play T1 without shield, but anything higher, well.

Also I'll see what they have on tap for Crusader changes, maybe something in there will help shieldless crusaders out.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I don't think this is completely fair. For one, the game has been out less than two weeks. Area damage and reduced cooldown both will take more experimentation than apply elemental damage to the already known, CC, CD, IAS. I'm curious about builds that will utilize these and I personally think area damage is currently underrated. It's also going to take longer than before to test new build ideas. Before you went to the AH and bought what was needed. Now a full set of reduced cooldown gear needs to be farmed.

It cannot be stated how much Area Damage is understated for some classes. Got a decent overall bonus and well things explode even more now.

RDreamer

I keep forgetting about this. Why in the world don't they get 30% mitigation, anyway? I don't understand that decision at all.

That's fine, so long as you gloss over the fact that wizards also blow the other classes out of the water as well.

Crusaders are definitely bottom tier, no question. There are several levels, and we're firmly in the basement. Wizards are at the top of the Empire State Building. The rest populate the floors somewhere in between, probably in the upper half of the building.

Gloss over it? I already know wizards are the top of the world. But yet as I stated EVERY CLASS does more damage than the crusader; there really is no sugarcoating it. You compared your lack of damage to wizard and blame the wizard when in fact you can switch that wizard for any other class and the result would remain the same with said class doing more damage than you. The fault isn't with any of these other classes. Your class just sucks at the moment, bottom line. You can point out the best class in the game but at the end of the day that's not going to change the issue with your class. Hell Blizzard could swing the nerf bat at wizards for weeks and they'd still do more damage than your class.

My wizard can easily to the Hell Rift bounty in act 4 where you need to kill all the enemies. 420,000 gold and 65million exp. Not bad. Keep me on my toes. So long as I don't slip up, I clear it pretty fast.

Could anyone suggest a fun/good/effective DH build? Just hit 70 on my DH alt and only at about 620k dps atm , feeling really weak compared to my wizard and witch doctor

my tag is Finicky#2766 (on EU)

scy

Because they are more about range than Barbs and Monks.

I mean, you could but then you'd do less damage and be out of range of Condemn use and it would make Falling Sword a bit awkward. They're just a melee class that can still attack from range with some skills, not really a full-blown mid-range / ranged class.

guess you've never played with a well geared lightning barb. shard of hate takes them from skirting by in t1 to having the damage to solo t4 with very little trouble.

On one hand, that's a little disheartening.

On the other, I have a near perfect Thundergod's Vigor for this Barb if I ever get a good Shard of Hate.

Gloss over it? I already know wizards are the top of the world. But yet as I stated EVERY CLASS does more damage than the crusader; there really is no sugarcoating it. You compared your lack of damage to wizard and blame the wizard when in fact you can switch that wizard for any other class and the result would remain the same with said class doing more damage than you. The fault isn't with any of these other classes. Your class just sucks at the moment, bottom line. You can point out the best class in the game but at the end of the day that's not going to change the issue with your class. Hell Blizzard could swing the nerf bat at wizards for weeks and they'd still do more damage than your class.

So the key to bring things in line is to buff crusaders and nerf wizards. I'm glad we agree.

Because they are more about range than Barbs and Monks.

Shield makes up for the lack of DR when running Melee.

That only works with the Coven legendary shield. Shield block doesn't scale like a flat percentage reduction at all, and mitigates a tiny portion of what those other passives do. If an elite is hitting you for 200K and you're blocking 20K...yeah.

dengatron

On one hand, that's a little disheartening.

On the other, I have a near perfect Thundergod's Vigor for this Barb if I ever get a good Shard of Hate.

yeah it's a bit silly. i regret sharding my level 59 tgods with a perfect roll now, because a 70 version doesn't get much higher rolls. my barb is sitting with 60% fire damage and a cindercoat so he can do a decent bit of damage with HoTA runed for fire, and i'm using earthquake and volcano avalance, so i immediately destroy elite packs. I feel tankier than my crusader with 5 million less toughness, and have relatively the same damage, just from overflow gear being passed down.

Here's my monk right now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/picklecannon-1125/hero/36642601

Clear T2 with relative ease. Basically just CS monsters into you and LTK them until they die. Just a little 700k sheet dps and 10m toughness, but with the %skill and %elemental damage stuff my LTK's can crit up to mid 7m damage and FoF crits for mid 2m as well. At the moment I'm trying to get a decent shoulder and ring upgrade but my plans are basically legendary dependent so it's just more grinding for me. Fire or lightning monk seems like the only way to go for end game.

I carry this around and switch it as needed:

Still waiting on the one that makes me lightning immune.

Normally this wand would seem like a good weapon but i see no reason to ever use it over a legendary that actually has a unique effect.

PUPqGpO.png

Yaari

Is a weapon like Thunderfury just randomly dropped, I guess I'll never find one but if there is any chance to improve the odds, I would want to know where to go for it.

The Cowboy

Game just went crazy for me, lagging like a "insert rude word here", warping all over the place and attacks not even showing and i can't even move it just keeps putting me back to where i was.

Hmm, wonder what's up with the servers (in Europe).

scy

yeah it's a bit silly. i regret sharding my level 59 tgods with a perfect roll now, because a 70 version doesn't get much higher rolls. my barb is sitting with 60% fire damage and a cindercoat so he can do a decent bit of damage with HoTA runed for fire, and i'm using earthquake and volcano avalance, so i immediately destroy elite packs. I feel tankier than my crusader with 5 million less toughness, and have relatively the same damage, just from overflow gear being passed down.

I wish Holy Damage was stackable in the same manner as Fire Damage was. The lack of the innate Damage Reduction makes itemization a bit awkward too. I'm at 20k+ Armor / 1k+ All Resist and that feels like a good amount for most the content. I'm not sure I can reasonably push that much higher, though, outside of Paragon points for STR/Armor% and a few more max rolls on AR to get it to 1100+. My damage is fine for the most part (15-20M Fires of Heaven crits without any +Heaven's Fury Damage and only ~25% Holy Damage @ right under 1M sheet DPS) but it's all pigeonholed into this one build without too much more room for massive "free" growth.

Well, we'll see what happens with some skill changes and itemization tweaks. I don't think the class is as bad as people say it is but I do recognize it needs a lot of help. As far as trivializing T1/T2/T3 goes, I'm pretty well off in that regard.

Ashodin

dat 128k dps

720k sir
I wish Holy Damage was stackable in the same manner as Fire Damage was. The lack of the innate Damage Reduction makes itemization a bit awkward too. I'm at 20k+ Armor / 1k+ All Resist and that feels like a good amount for most the content. I'm not sure I can reasonably push that much higher, though, outside of Paragon points for STR/Armor% and a few more max rolls on AR to get it to 1100+. My damage is fine for the most part (15-20M Fires of Heaven crits without any +Heaven's Fury Damage and only ~25% Holy Damage @ right under 1M sheet DPS) but it's all pigeonholed into this one build without too much more room for massive "free" growth.

Well, we'll see what happens with some skill changes and itemization tweaks. I don't think the class is as bad as people say it is but I do recognize it needs a lot of help. As far as trivializing T1/T2/T3 goes, I'm pretty well off in that regard.

Magefist + fire damage + sweep attack % + crusader buffs soon = new build??? :D

I sacrifice mitigation and 200k dps but I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Will keep trying to make this work.

I admire your passion, but shields are too good to give up for me. I have the one that cuts blocked damage in half and the passive that regens health upon block. It's the only way I survive.

Too bad you can't block all the crap on the ground and I live in melee range for the most part.

Dahbomb

Can we get more items like Magefists/Cindercoat in the game? It's kinda ridiculous that one element has various options for % damage in Legendaries while others like Poison have a grand total of one Legendary item.

I would love to have a Lightning Shoulder Legendary that reduced resource cost of Lightning skills.

Tom Penny

Thank you based Blizzard...but why did you roll me strength on my Shard of Hate and Thunderfury? Luckily Thunderfury already has a socket.

Finally got some Gloves of Worship. Seems like it should be worth the trade off.

u26Rwpz.jpg

Found an odd bug, shrine of empowerment seem to last for an hour instead of ten minutes.

Edit: Fleeting shrine also lasting an hour, not that i'm complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom