• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

For all of you playing Barbarians, do you ever dual wield? When and why?

It doesn't seem to do a whole ton to DPS (stat bonuses aside).

If I'm not mistaken, you should pretty much only be dual wielding for barbs. The socket critical hit damage from both weapons is too big of an increase that 2H weapons can't compete with.

Just opened 2 act 1 bounty cubes and got Mad Monarch 2 times in a row. Thats the great news. Bad news is that I am only lvl 53 on this guy.

Dahbomb

In the current game there is almost no reason for anyone to be using a 2H except if you are a Crusader, a DH (because they can equip quivers with 2H Xbox) and a Tempest Rush Monk.

2Hs are slow which mean they suffer in resource regeneration. They don't have two sockets like the dual wield combo for double emeralds for boosting CHD. Their damage also does not usually trump normal combinations like 1H + Source and in terms of toughness they definitely do not trump 1H + Shield.

90%+ of the Legendary 2H you get are going to be insta Forgotten Souls unfortunately. They aren't as bad as how they were in 2.0 at LVL60 but they are still quite underwhelming.

scy

In the current game there is almost no reason for anyone to be using a 2H except if you are a Crusader, a DH (because they can equip quivers with 2H Xbox) and a Tempest Rush Monk.

Given the opportunity, there's a good chance I'd be DWing.

Atlantis

I'm finally able to make my way through rifts on Torment 1 and it's great. It's slower for sure, but actually having to pay attention and play the game does wonders for enjoyment. The gold and legendary items help, too of course. What's the drop rate for Imperial gems supposed to be? I really want to start enchanting some of my legendary drops, but the gem cost is just too high right now.

Managed to snag TWO Deadly Rebirth daggers so now I'm to four total that have dropped over the life of this character. The special passive is useless to me but the DPS was better than my rare. Topped off the runs with a Magefist from Kadala with a max Fire Damage roll. :)

Lain

Got my first set piece today, I'm not sure if it's good, though after seeing the stats my excitement died down, especially because it didn't have any int on it so I changed vit to int.
bOF.png

Calibus

Anyone else been getting more disconnects than usual over the past day or so? Started out fine from this past weekend until yesterday and today.

jblank83

Got my first set piece today, I'm not sure if it's good, though after seeing the stats my excitement died down, especially because it didn't have any int on it so I changed vit to int.

There are much better legendary boots. Heck, I wouldn't wear Blackthorn's over even a decent pair of rare boots.

After 1k+ blood shards, I finally have my first legendary source!

Pretty happy with the result, the rolls are decent.

She dropped me 2 legendaries (shield and shoulder pads) one after the other. I got the shield " oh nice ! now on to shoulder " and bam, legendary shoulder.

Thanks Kadara <3

(also countless of tri factor gloves and rings)

My crusader went from 350k to 730k dps tonight with a a crit roll on my legendary shield (not showing here I don't know why) and my new legendary weapon :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-2689/hero/38803163

Too bad the DPS is 200 to 300 to low compared to top tiers two hands

Jin

I can finally replace my yellow ring.

fxs9Vpn.png

I rerolled the 18% lightning and got 15% life which checking the range was the max. Not sure if I should re-roll to crit or what. My toughness is at 7.4M. Without this ring it's 6.3M.

dengatron

finally got a decent roll on a mortal drama. dropping 2 50 million crits on an elite pack will devastate anything.. i'd still rather have a fate of the fell or a blade of prophecy, but at least keeping the mortal drama in my bag is worth it for the lolz

RDreamer

Just found a sever:

zmDJUws.jpg

Not sure what I should do with it. If I use it, I've gotta put in a socket.

What exactly does the slain enemies rest in pieces thing do now?

Also, does anyone know what the chance to smite on the Sky Splitter (seen on my profile here) does?

SmugFox

Wow, I went from having 10 million gold to 1 million just from making gems.... Guess I should have played the AH game two years ago.

dengatron

Is that useful in any way shape or form? I mean I guess having a guaranteed crit is cool for my build.

And yeah, what does smite do on this:

nZM7V6G.jpg

sever is useless unless you have add like me and the big numbers make you feel happy. it replaces killing blows with gigantic damage numbers of a billion+. skysplitters smite is a little damage proc, crits pretty decently. i liked it on my barb.

RDreamer

sever is useless unless you have add like me and the big numbers make you feel happy. it replaces killing blows with gigantic damage numbers of a billion+. skysplitters smite is a little damage proc, crits pretty decently. i liked it on my barb.

Sky Splitter is just damage? Not stun or anything? I tried seeing if I could figure out what it really did, but not much stuck out to me. It was better than my old weapon anyway.

Just trying to figure out if I should try for a socket on that Sever or on another claw I've got. .. or wait for something better.

2Hs are slow which mean they suffer in resource regeneration. They don't have two sockets like the dual wield combo for double emeralds for boosting CHD. Their damage also does not usually trump normal combinations like 1H + Source and in terms of toughness they definitely do not trump 1H + Shield.

90%+ of the Legendary 2H you get are going to be insta Forgotten Souls unfortunately. They aren't as bad as how they were in 2.0 at LVL60 but they are still quite underwhelming.

Maximus for barbs seems pretty strong.

dengatron

Sky Splitter is just damage? Not stun or anything? I tried seeing if I could figure out what it really did, but not much stuck out to me. It was better than my old weapon anyway.

Just trying to figure out if I should try for a socket on that Sever or on another claw I've got. .. or wait for something better.

yeah it seemed like only damage. i used to just be a frenzybarb and never saw any stuns, at 60. haven't gotten one at 70 yet.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Finally got some Gloves of Worship. Seems like it should be worth the trade off.

u26Rwpz.jpg

Found an odd bug, shrine of empowerment seem to last for an hour instead of ten minutes.

Edit: Fleeting shrine also lasting an hour, not that i'm complaining.

Yeah, it was originally an hour for everything, then they changed it to be 10 minutes for everything but missed these two. I'm not sure why. Leaving some hype for the bounty-specific legendaries I guess?

dengatron

if you're using the lightning whirlwind build, odyn son is probably better, but i love the poison nova either way. it crits for around 14 mil for my barb that has shit gear, and goes off constantly.

Just once i'd like RNG to not completely fuck me. 12 flawless imperials \ forgotten souls and not a single one of them rolled crit chance. let alone high crit chance. and im broke again. fucking in-game gold takes FOREVER to get.....

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That 4 set bonus is kinda ridiculous though.

Yeah but at the cost of likely getting crushed by physical damage? :p

I had 3 of the 4 pieces and an amulet that disregarded arcane and i still wanted nothing to do with the set.

Set pieces in general are just bad. Blizz makes you think they are good, but legendary items are the go to.

scy

Set pieces are just as good as Legendaries in terms of the ranges of their rolls. But most of the sets are just better off with the -1 Set ring for getting the good stuff since many have bad guaranteed stats (aka, Blackthorne's problem).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I also opted for the shrine gloves while taking a small DPS loss and it was well worth it. Having an hour Empowered and Fleeting shrine on Crusader is amazing, long cooldowns and mobility are no longer an issue.

Baliis

Not sure why my monks damage is so low. Is it the weapons? What can I do?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/5656861

Not a monk main, but your dex seems really low. I just hit 70 on my monk last night, but I have like 1500 more dex than you. Mostly I think you just need to get some legendaries over those rares add like 100+ dex for every slot then get some new weapons too, you can add even like 100dps easy to each weapon even keeping with rares, but upgrading to legendaries would be huge.

Ashodin

I bet Heaven's Fury will be lowered in damage when they detail Crusader changes.

Here's my wishlist:

• Wrath Generators either A) generate more wrath or B) deal more damage. This is if our cooldowns are not reduced. Since we use the generators/spenders as our main source of damage in between cooldowns, they should hit like a fucking truck.
  • Cooldowns reduced on our damaging abilities. Some of our abilities are just TOO long of a cooldown to justify their damage potential. 1150%? 1200%? Barbs can call down 3 charges of Earthquake for 1600% damage. Their hardest hitting rune makes it 4400% over 5 seconds, which is still huge.
  • Increase wrath generation in general. Make it like Spirit, or Arcane Power (lol). It needs to regenerate fast so we can use more spenders before running out.
  • Buff the other spenders not named Heaven's Fury - Fires of Heaven
  • Bake Heavenly Strength into the class, and make Heavenly Strength give bonuses based on the playstyle you choose, be it 1H + S, 2H, or 2H + S.
  • Spread out more elemental damage types to the other skills to promote new builds, and change existing skills to damage types that make sense (Sweep Attack - Holy Shock anyone?)

scy

Condemn is the most likely target for anything, really. It's really good considering the low cooldown and lack of cost.

Dahbomb

Set pieces in general are just bad. Blizz makes you think they are good, but legendary items are the go to.
Some of the Set pieces are pretty insane. Getting 500 bonus stat is no joke and that's just a standard "2 set". With Ring of Grand Royeur you just need to equip like 3 and usually get the full bonus. The Tal Rasha's set is quite nice.

There's a Barbarian set that gives him all runes on Furious Charge. Becomes pretty outrageous.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair we only have a few legit good spells, nerfing them would be stupid. I think they'll buff the damage on generators and spenders, especially spenders as well as reducing the Wrath cost on several of them. I expect Wrath regen to get a buff as well. I'm also hoping our mobility gets revisited. Overall I'm enjoying my Crusader and I can farm t2 efficiently but there's a part of me that knows I'd be crushing t4 at least by now if I stuck with my previous level 60 main (Wizard).

dengatron

i really hope they don't touch condemn, as my entire gearing up to now has led to stacking the shit out of condemn damage, and hoping for a blade of prophecy. just put more power in blessed hammer and make wrath generators not suck so hard, imo.

Dahbomb

Wrath generators need to build like twice as much Wrath at the minimum. They build like 5 Wrath when the Wrath spenders are like just as any other class really... 20-30 per cost. Like if you use Fist of Heaven it takes you like 5 hits with your crappy Wrath generator just to build enough for another Fist of Heaven. In comparison most of Monks generators build like 10+ Spirit per hit and their spells cost about the same as Crusaders (WoL is kinda expensive which needs a buff anyway).

Of course Crusader need better element variety (pretty much like most classes are in need of except DH and Wizards).

And yea CD on some abilities is pretty insane. Bombardment and Fallen Sword come to mind. At least with Bombardment you can get a passive to make it shorter... you are pretty boned with FS.

Spenders need an all around damage buff except for the Heaven Fury rune of course. Fist of Heaven is pretty garbage, Sweep is meh. Hammers are alright I guess.. haven't really tried them but they are bit too inconsistent for my tastes.

Not sure what they can do with Heavenly Strength really. I would much rather they give the option to go dual wield but have 30% damage mitigation.

Ashodin

Not sure what they can do with Heavenly Strength really. I would much rather they give the option to go dual wield but have 30% damage mitigation.

I'm certain dual wield wouldn't fit the class's "iconic look". A giant 2H that a Crusader has forsaken their shield for? Give that man a damage buff and a incoming damage % decrease.

MY FAITH IS MY SHIELD they could call it.

Xevren

Not a monk main, but your dex seems really low. I just hit 70 on my monk last night, but I have like 1500 more dex than you. Mostly I think you just need to get some legendaries over those rares add like 100+ dex for every slot then get some new weapons too, you can add even like 100dps easy to each weapon even keeping with rares, but upgrading to legendaries would be huge.

I don't think his dex is that big of a problem. He's on the right path, just needs to get some legendary upgrades. Hell he has more dex than my monk but I'm at 600k unbuffed damage.

My wish is they remove the movement penalty on Heavenly Strength. It's just wishful thinking, just because I love zipping around on my monk so much and my sader feels sooooo much slower.

Ashodin

Their whole concept for the class is flawed. "Oh man Crusader is awesome, this slow moving tank of a character, moving up and dealing damage, like an actual TANK!"

cFoHq1o.gif

Yeah they got the slow moving part alright.

iVTBFG2Rk0XYa.gif

Dealing damage? Yeah it's a work in progress bruh

Ain't nobody got time to move slow in Diablo 3. It's built-in bullshit that slows you down for no reason.

scy

Heavenly Strength really shouldn't lower movement speed if only due to Diablo in general just being about mowing through stuff. It's just kind of unfun.

As far as our generators go, I think the Damage% for most of them are fine. Maybe tweak them slightly but we really do have some of the better raw Damage% values. They do need to generate more Wrath and/or we generate Wrath on Block (sorry Ashodin).

And then every Spender needs to be reevaluated.

Ashodin

Heavenly Strength really shouldn't lower movement speed if only due to Diablo in general just being about mowing through stuff. It's just kind of unfun.

As far as our generators go, I think the Damage% for most of them are fine. Maybe tweak them slightly but we really do have some of the better raw Damage% values. They do need to generate more Wrath and/or we generate Wrath on Block (sorry Ashodin).

And then every Spender needs to be reevaluated.

oh god generate wrath on block nooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would go straight back to melee DH if this happened

Their whole concept for the class is flawed. "Oh man Crusader is awesome, this slow moving tank of a character, moving up and dealing damage, like an actual TANK!"

cFoHq1o.gif

Yeah they got the slow moving part alright.

iVTBFG2Rk0XYa.gif

Dealing damage? Yeah it's a work in progress bruh

Ain't nobody got time to move slow in Diablo 3. It's built-in bullshit that slows you down for no reason.

Ruh roh, you're coming around. Isn't a problem for you though, you aren't using a shield.

BS aside, no damn clue how they thought this was a good idea. Hey guys, lets make a multiplayer game and cause one of the classes to move 15% slower than everyone else. Good design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom