• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanny

tbh I'm not sure if it's my ISP or Diablo 3, but I'm having lag spikes in the evening when there's many people. Very annoying...

I don't know how I can check my connection.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Finally hit 1mill dps on my wiz thanks to dropping 350 shards on kadala.

screenshot029x7unf.jpg

didn't even realise she gave me a butchers sickle as well.

Swapped out a 10% damage roll with a socket in 2 tries (thank god) and spent a couple mill upping some emeralds. Now with my own buffs (which I never run without) i'm getting 1.15mill dps. Time to start working on that 2.9mill toughness I think hehe.

My wiz

Wolfie5

Played some more :) and got this set item:

Not sure if this is a good set or not. What does that 6th set bonus mean? I mean, I use Locust swarm with Creeping death passive(which makes locust last a long time). Will every enemy affected die instantly than or what? Sounds like a lot of dmg at once.

Wolfie5

Oh, that bracer :)

I got it the first time I killed Malthael, which was a few days after ROS got released.

Didn´t know it was bugged or that you could only get it from him :)

Carm

Is the US servers borked for anyone? I'm in briarthorn Cemetary in Act 5, doing a bounty and moving around is a constant and consistent bad stutter. Not only that there is I guess an object by me that is missing because in it's place is text saying Bad Data :). Framerate is sitting at under 20 all of a sudden.

Edit: Yea I dunno what's going on, teleporting to town and everything is fine, just seems like that map all of a sudden.
Edit2: Seems to have cleared up, guessing bad server hiccup or something. Pic below with text.

ERRsHgP.jpg
[/quote

Edit 3: On another note, I'm starting to wonder if they changed plan drop rates the past couple of days. I've gotten I think 7 or 8 now since yesterday morning doing normal difficulty bounty runs.

ac230EB.png

My first real good drop since RoS release. Just what a Cluster Arrow DH needs. Not only is the base item good but it actually even rolled rather well. Took 2 tries to reroll life regen into 3 Sockets.

RDreamer

Why is it that my profile both on the web and inspected in game say my monks toughness is just about 3.4 million, but actually in game it's about 11 million?

ac230EB.png

My first real good drop since RoS release. Just what a Cluster Arrow DH needs. Not only is the base item good but it actually even rolled rather well. Took 2 tries to reroll life regen into 3 Sockets.

Hnnnngggg, so good.

What's everyone doing to farm now? Bounties/rifts?

I tried doing some Manglemaw runs, but he doesn't seem to drop anything - on T3 at least. He only drops a fucking legendary mat every few minutes.

Hnnnngggg, so good.

What's everyone doing to farm now? Bounties/rifts?

I tried doing some Manglemaw runs, but he doesn't seem to drop anything - on T3 at least. He only drops a fucking legendary mat every few minutes.

Honestly, that's all I ever got out of Manglemaw. Did two hours of runs and all I got was a big stack of the mats.

I'm just running bounties and rifts when I have a couple friends on. Having a tough time surviving T1 rifts on my 3.5m toughness Wiz on my own.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Been running act 1 normal bounties with dudes non-stop trying to get that damn ring, no dice. Lot of nothing, and Thorns bracers and Amulet. Going insane slowly but surely. It'd be so good for my Crusader. I wish there was some kind of bad luck protection, like for 200 rift tokens you can get a Cache-only legendary or something.

VWdrewzBie #6802(NA) if anyone wants to run some rifts/bounties. Just been doing expert solo to keep it at a good pace. Could probably do master at an ok pace.

garath

Crusader is currently only sitting at lvl20 but I plan on levelling him pretty high tomorrow. Is this drop I just got any good? I got it from a chest that I got on my DH. Being able to use it at 44 seems pretty nice.

Haha. I have a weapon like that I got on my dh. Its essentially a level 70 weapon with a level 47 level requirement. I JUST got my crusader to 47 today and I went from 12k DPs to 60k. I smoke absolutely everything. 60k DOS is what my dh had at level 60 pre 2.0. I bumped it up to master and the levels are flying. I got up to 53 in the next 30 min.

Haha. I have a weapon like that I got on my dh. Its essentially a level 70 weapon with a level 47 level requirement. I JUST got my crusader to 47 today and I went from 12k DPs to 60k. I smoke absolutely everything. 60k DOS is what my dh had at level 60 pre 2.0. I bumped it up to master and the levels are flying. I got up to 53 in the next 30 min.

Sounds good. I was thinking even if the result is its average(I really don't know) it should definitely help levelling with the 44 level requirement.

I assume I will have to re roll the vit, I don't know what too though at the moment.

Also accidentally dragged in the ruby instead of an emerald lol. Oh well, quick fix.

Finally got to the new act for the first time...why is there a goblin following me? Liking the act so far though, hope it isn't to short.

MrDaravon

LMAO @ people replacing the %fire damage on their Magefists!

Are you fucking serious? You people do not deserve that item!

Devil's advocate: maybe they're replacing it for a different elemental damage type? Otherwise yeah I agree, there's no fucking point.

Also hooooooooooly shit Barbs fucking suck now, goddamn. Getting mine up to 70, and I understand now why I literally have not seen a single Barb in group play since RoS came out. So incredibly slow. Seems like unless you get the perfect gear for a couple specific builds they're just slow as hell now.

LMAO @ people replacing the %fire damage on their Magefists!

Are you fucking serious? You people do not deserve that item!

But my sheet DPS~ ;_;

Edit: Also, guy above me- speak for yourself. My 85% fire damage Barb is wrecking everything left and right. Super strong dude who is nigh unkillable on Hardcore. Coolest character class I've played in a while in these sorts of games.
Warcries also stack now. 4x Barb squad = maximum power. ROAAAAAH!

Begaria

Devil's advocate: maybe they're replacing it for a different elemental damage type? Otherwise yeah I agree, there's no fucking point.

Also hooooooooooly shit Barbs fucking suck now, goddamn. Getting mine up to 70, and I understand now why I literally have not seen a single Barb in group play since RoS came out. So incredibly slow. Seems like unless you get the perfect gear for a couple specific builds they're just slow as hell now.

This is kind of true. I'm playing Barbarian, as I always have since the beginning of D3. There is one specific mighty belt that you can build a speed running Barb around, which is Chilanik's Chain. It gives a movement speed increase when War Cry is used and it lasts 10 seconds.

Here's my Barb:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Begaria-1359/hero/6395374

I've got 12% movement speed on my boots, and another 10% from paragon points. That's 22% movement speed. When I use Sprint/Marathon, which adds 40% movement speed, that's 62%. Throw on War Cry whenever the cooldown is up, and I'm at 100% movement speed within those 10 seconds when War Cry is used. I've got cooldown reduction on my Paragon levels, which means I can use War Cry every "8 seconds" (20 cooldown - 10 War Cry movement Speed buff - 2 cooldown reduction = 8 seconds I have to wait until next movement speed). Oh and when I pop Wrath of the Berserker, that's another 20% movement speed. You should see how I fly around in Rifts when the speed pylon is activated. It's really hard to control.

Bounty bag running is pretty damn fast for me. When I do higher torment rifts, I replace Sprint/Marathon for Sprint/Forced March when playing in group, but I give it up when playing solo for either Revenge/Retribution or Rend/Bloodlust for more healing. Also, Pride's Fall + Illusuroy Boots + Unforgiving passive means I never lose Fury while running (due to the resource reduction on the helmet and unforgiving), and I can move through enemies. It's pretty amazing.

I like to joke that since I've built a Fire Barbarian around movement speed, I'm "blazingly fast."

Ha!...heh...oh god I'm such a loser.

Edit: Oh, and I've got a Magefist, but I'm very unhappy with the rolls. I'd have to reroll something to get crit hit chance, but then I'd be lacking crit hit damage. I want to try to find out that has a reasonably high crit damage and high crit chance or one I can reroll to it. It also rolled the lowest fire damage %, sadly.

ferr

Got the hungering arrow leg quiver, it's kind of a sideways upgrade, losing some vit, but it managed to roll +15% hungering arrow dmg and a socket. My crit is a bit low, down to like 48%.. wonder if spray of teeth is the best rune for that, and if the +25% pierce could benefit other runes.

Cynar

ERRsHgP.jpg

Edit 3: On another note, I'm starting to wonder if they changed plan drop rates the past couple of days. I've gotten I think 7 or 8 now since yesterday morning doing normal difficulty bounty runs.
RNG gonna RNG. You'll have a streak until you almost have them all.

Lumine

This is kind of true. I'm playing Barbarian, as I always have since the beginning of D3. There is one specific mighty belt that you can build a speed running Barb around, which is Chilanik's Chain. It gives a movement speed increase when War Cry is used and it lasts 10 seconds.

Here's my Barb:

I've got 12% movement speed on my boots, and another 10% from paragon points. That's 22% movement speed. When I use Sprint/Marathon, which adds 40% movement speed, that's 62%. Throw on War Cry whenever the cooldown is up, and I'm at 100% movement speed within those 10 seconds when War Cry is used. I've got cooldown reduction on my Paragon levels, which means I can use War Cry every "8 seconds" (20 cooldown - 10 War Cry movement Speed buff - 2 cooldown reduction = 8 seconds I have to wait until next movement speed). Oh and when I pop Wrath of the Berserker, that's another 20% movement speed. You should see how I fly around in Rifts when the speed pylon is activated. It's really hard to control.

Bounty bag running is pretty damn fast for me. When I do higher torment rifts, I replace Sprint/Marathon for Sprint/Forced March when playing in group, but I give it up when playing solo for either Revenge/Retribution or Rend/Bloodlust for more healing. Also, Pride's Fall + Illusuroy Boots + Unforgiving passive means I never lose Fury while running (due to the resource reduction on the helmet and unforgiving), and I can move through enemies. It's pretty amazing.

I like to joke that since I've built a Fire Barbarian around movement speed, I'm "blazingly fast."

I found some Warzechian Armguards on my Barbarian that gives a boost whenever you destroy a wreckable object. It's like having an extra sprint that doesn't cost fury or a skill slot. It's pretty neat and generally speeds things up, though sometimes you have to go out of your way a little to destroy such a wreckable object. Most area's are filled with plenty though.

Wallach

Got the hungering arrow leg quiver, it's kind of a sideways upgrade, losing some vit, but it managed to roll +15% hungering arrow dmg and a socket. My crit is a bit low, down to like 48%.. wonder if spray of teeth is the best rune for that, and if the +25% pierce could benefit other runes.

Buriza-Do Kyanon really makes Hungering Arrow shine. With that Ninth Cirri Satchel I'd do dirty things with Devouring Arrow.

MrDaravon

Such crap, I just spent 7 souls trying to get CC on my new quiver. Got nothing! uuuggggh

I feel your pain; I have a sweet version of the instant-explode Bola quiver that's way better than the one I'm using now but has no CC. I've been trying to roll CC on it forever now, it's super hard to roll on Quivers because there's a million possible affixes :(

Here's my Barb:

Edit: Oh, and I've got a Magefist, but I'm very unhappy with the rolls. I'd have to reroll something to get crit hit chance, but then I'd be lacking crit hit damage. I want to try to find out that has a reasonably high crit damage and high crit chance or one I can reroll to it. It also rolled the lowest fire damage %, sadly.

Yeah, this was more my point; looking around online it seems like there's a specific few builds based around certain gear that makes great Barb builds, and everything else kinda sucks and/or is really slow. My fresh level 60 DH with literally trash gear bought at a vendor kills shit way faster than my MP10 geared level 60 Barb, it's pretty ridiculous and a complete 180 from pre-2.0. Yeah, my Barb has over 2 mil toughness at level 60 and is practically invincible, but that's not really the point here. There seems to be a general consensus on /barb on reddit and a few other places that there's no real in-between for Barbs right now; you either have specific gear setups that are good and bring you up to par with other classes speed to kill-wise, or you don't and you're slow as hell. Most people seem to be arguing about whether or not Barbs or Crusader are the worst class right now. Salty barb tears lol. They really are going to need to do something about it though, unless they're going to just leave the class out to dry like they largely did with DH. I do like Avalanche as a skill though.

scy

Good to see others are finally waking up to how shitty the Crusader really is. I couldn't believe the comment another Gaffer said about how their Crusader was doing the majority of the damage in their group. Yeah, blowing up elites every 45s really counts as "the majority" right?

Considering that post was me, my damage is on 10s intervals, not 45s. My engage -> full Wrath dump is around 60M damage. My issues with the class are in our across-the-board diversity and T4+ gear requirements.

There seems to be a general consensus on /barb on reddit and a few other places that there's no real in-between for Barbs right now; you either have specific gear setups that are good and bring you up to par with other classes speed to kill-wise, or you don't and you're slow as hell.

This is basically the same issue with Crusader. Kill speed for T1/T2 is a slow crawl until a certain gear level is hit and then significant progress in upgrades after that is behind certain Legendary affixes.

I'm half expecting to finish a full Fire build set before I get a Blade of Prophecy or Fate of the Fell.

lt519

Yeah, this was more my point; looking around online it seems like there's a specific few builds based around certain gear that makes great Barb builds, and everything else kinda sucks and/or is really slow. My fresh level 60 DH with literally trash gear bought at a vendor kills shit way faster than my MP10 geared level 60 Barb, it's pretty ridiculous and a complete 180 from pre-2.0. Yeah, my Barb has over 2 mil toughness at level 60 and is practically invincible, but that's not really the point here. There seems to be a general consensus on /barb on reddit and a few other places that there's no real in-between for Barbs right now; you either have specific gear setups that are good and bring you up to par with other classes speed to kill-wise, or you don't and you're slow as hell. Most people seem to be arguing about whether or not Barbs or Crusader are the worst class right now. Salty barb tears lol. They really are going to need to do something about it though, unless they're going to just leave the class out to dry like they largely did with DH. I do like Avalanche as a skill though.

Meh I dunno, sounds likes a bunch of whiners. My barb kicks some serious tail. I've gone from a shielded barb with 40% block and regular damage, to a two handed frenzy fire barb with stacked fire damage, to a shield and sword whirlwind barb with stacked lightning damage. I've changed my passives several times. Just yesterday I was saying my whole barb was based on getting full fury, full frenzy and dealing fire damage with LPH. Now I'm completely based on health globe bonus increasing my life per fury spent to about 1,000 and running a lightning barb using whirlwind almost exclusively. Lots of options other than those as well. Boots with movement speed and paragon levels solve the slowness.

RDreamer

My monk's getting really badass now. I've got about 11 million toughness and about 500k damage. I just need to replace one of my weapons and that dps will go up a pretty good amount. The toughness is pretty insane now. During the last rift runs I was barely getting touched. I also have nearly 50% dodge (changed to the passive that grants dodge per crit chance because seriously that's a lot of dodge!). Re-rolled on some items too, and got a bul-kathos ring with 5% crit and 50% crit damage, etc. So that replaced my old ring. Finally got lightning resistance on my Ouroboros, too. And I got some armor with Cyclone strike damage.

All in all I'm doing rather well and now T1 is pretty easy.

Played some more :) and got this set item:

Not sure if this is a good set or not. What does that 6th set bonus mean? I mean, I use Locust swarm with Creeping death passive(which makes locust last a long time). Will every enemy affected die instantly than or what? Sounds like a lot of dmg at once.

I've been wondering how that set bonus interacts with creeping death ever since I saw that set. The "almost forever" of creeping death is allegedly five minutes. If that can indeed trigger five minutes worth of locust swarm ticks at once, that would be 39,000% weapon damage in one shot. You could get even more on less targets with haunt or searing locusts. Totally broken if that's how it works.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, this was more my point; looking around online it seems like there's a specific few builds based around certain gear that makes great Barb builds, and everything else kinda sucks and/or is really slow. My fresh level 60 DH with literally trash gear bought at a vendor kills shit way faster than my MP10 geared level 60 Barb, it's pretty ridiculous and a complete 180 from pre-2.0.

Sounds like they just need to nut up imo. I did not do anything particularly special except stack fire damage (which I wouldn't call going for "specific" items?) and I can crush T3 very fast now (Actually did a few T4 rifts yesterday but I need a bit more dps before I am comfortable with moving there full time). I roll with a 1.2 mil dps frozen orb wizard and we kill stuff about as fast as each other. He can spam more orbs than me, but, both my HoTA and overpower crit for over 13 million a piece so it balances out. I also use 4 level 60 items so I can have perma-ancients. That boosted my dps, but, before that I was just using 50 fury war cry with CDR and had enough fury to do what needed to be done.

None of my current gear even rolled that great either, both of my weapons are under 2k dps, had to sacrifice crit on my hat to get fire damage, my SoJ got really low rolls, etc.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Barbs bad? Idk, maybe this is the Schaeffer's Hammer/Thundergod's Vigor/Fire Walkers talking but I don't even have to be touching enemies to kill them. I run a lightning WW build, obviously with this gear, with sprint, avalanche, war cry and Battle Rage, and killing stuff is plenty fast. Strongarm bracers synergize well with the knockback rune on sprint too, which adds 22% damage to knocked back targets.

So yeah, with shit gear your character's gonna suck. If you have bad luck with drops i feel for you, but I also feel like people are often just running cookie cutter builds without realizing how powerful +elemental/skill damage is. My fire crusader kicks all kinds of ass too, can easily do T2. T3 is doable but still slow and can kill me a bit too easily for my liking so I stick to T1/2.

ac230EB.png

Nice man, im still using my level 60 one, its second best in slot until I can get a level 70 one to drop.

traveler

Not Wario
I actually just reworked my entire build around a string of legs that dropped, including Maximus.

qwKhLso.png

Current Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gray-1737/hero/43836336

I had been following the somewhat standard bombardment wombo combo build and switched once I got both the maximus and cindercoat their sockets. Now, with all the pieces I have, I'm sitting at around 75% fire damage on top of 800k sheet dps.

I use punish with roar for as my generator, since the block dmg procs are fire. The Hold Your Ground and Renewal passives synergize well with this and both give me more survivability- which is much more important in this build than the purely ranged build I and many others had been running- and, in the case of the former, actually increase my dps through more blocks.

I use blessed shield-combust for the spender since it seems to have pretty decent damage, (at least, as far as Crusader spenders go) the Fire Sweep is bugged, and, most importantly, I have a Jekangboard. While the ranged ability is nice, it really shines when I pull a pack together with either condemn or provoke and get a ton of combust procs with all of them overlapping. At 20 wrath, the skill wasn't too expensive to begin with- although Wrath issues still made spamming it a bit hard- with the Cindercoat, however, and the occasional punish (which I need to do to refresh hardened senses anyway) I can pretty much spam it indefinitely. When I do run out, I can refill wrath with provoke anyways.

Condem-vacuum, provoke-hit me, and consecrate-shattered ground are all present to help me pull packs on top of me more easily, tank, and deal additional aoe dmg. Hit me works well for both mitigation and dmg again with roar, and condemn hits hard enough even as holy. (I had been trying out falling sword with superheated to both work within the fire build and enable me to just jump into the middle of packs, but it just can't compete with condemn) I'm a bit underwhelmed with consecrate at the moment, so I might be looking to replace it, but it does fulfill both the fire dmg/tank aspects I'm looking for in skills currently.

And, yeah, try as I might to work out a great, efficient, and powerful build, at the end of the day, that Maximus proc makes my skills look like a joke. The chain procs more than once a minute and crits anywhere from 5 - 7 million. You might wonder why I'm running Steed without Endurance, and that proc is the answer. While using steed to skip empty space/backtrack is useful, I found myself using it in combat as much as out to reposition- sometimes to break freeze or get out of things like waller, but mostly to put distance between me and the max demon as soon as it procced so that the chain was on everything. Since the duration wasn't really needed for such adjustments, I went with nightmare to both keep in them and get a little extra damage out of it.

I am enjoying running the build more than the wombo combo build, but it's definitely more likely to die (thinking of pulling my rubies for diamonds in the chest and legs to help with this) and cannot compete when it comes to wiping elite packs. It does kill trash faster and move around dead space quicker through actually having a slot for steed charge, but there are tradeoffs.

I know some have been down on the cd heavy builds, but I still think they're about as efficient as you can get on a newly geared to moderately geared crusader in torment 1, short of build changing legendaries. Once Blizz makes another pass on generator/spender ability damage and wrath generation, moving away from those makes sense, but right now our bread and butter feels so weak compared to other classes it's logical to focus on those.

In any case, I'm enjoying the build and I'll be tweaking it more as I play. Would love to see what other fire crusaders have been doing.

Updated my build a bit since then. Removed consecrate in favor of shield glare after seeing it pop up in a lot of builds here. In addition to providing a second source of wrath replenishment next to provoke, it also synergizes well with Promise of Glory, giving me pretty consistent nephalem glory for better mobility and effectively functions as an immobolize, making it easier to position the maximus fire chain proc, which is such a huge source of damage that it's definitely worth playing around.

After some more damage increases, I've moved on to T2 and can solo it pretty comfortably. I did end up ditching toughness in a number of places, so I replaced my str gems with all resist and vit gems instead.

....you know that the high end gems add 200+ stats right

While the scaling is way better on the baseline stat gems, I'm thinking this will be the way to go since you want trifecta + main stat on pretty much any piece that can get it and, in a elemental build like mine, there's even less room for toughness stats due to the need for element skill% dmg as well.

Due to less toughness, I made some other slight build changes like swapping slash with crit chance in for punish and heaven's fury in for condemn. The build isn't as comfortable tanking anymore, but its primary source of damage is ranged anyways, so having skills that allow me to hit and run or fire from distance instead of encouraging standing and blocking work better.

If I can ever get a magefist to drop, I'll try t3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom