• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

leveling a DH and i get a level 65 cindercoat. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(
Lvl65 Cindercoat is still going to be god damn amazing. No other chest gives you +% Fire damage and furthermore no item gives you reduced Fire spell cost. All you need is 3 sockets on it, then you are set.

Zemm

Today was a good day

jboaLf9lFGvofb.png

Now to farm 50 Forgotten Souls so I can reroll some of those stats ://

scy

Speaking of this, It kind of makes me laugh seeing people talk about how underpowered the Crusader is when they barely have over 400k dmg. Just about any class with that damage is going to be slow and not able to handle a whole lot advancing in torment levels. Don't get me wrong, I won't argue they aren't underpowered at all, but you can't call them complete shit when you still have the dps that a decently geared level 60 had pre-RoS.

Basically. I'm at 1M and it feels comfortable for T1/T2 4mans and still feeling like a primary contributor. The climb to that point really sucks, however, as you need to get your Damage /Kill speed/Cooldowns to all sync together.

dengatron

Lvl65 Cindercoat is still going to be god damn amazing. No other chest gives you +% Fire damage and furthermore no item gives you reduced Fire spell cost. All you need is 3 sockets on it, then you are set.

yeah it's only a 17% and 23% but it's got decent dex. i rolled it 13 times before i ran out of veiled crystals, with only 2 sockets, however.

I got a Thunderfury at level 63 when the expansion first dropped. Biggest letdown ever, although it was a boss weapon for leveling purposes.

The Cowboy

Personally, no. It should of being $30 tops. But it is good though.
This is how i feel with RoS too, its good but just not worth full price.

Its really good and the D3 updates have vastly improved the game, and the RoS adventure mode is just awesome. However, considering the price of the original game with 4 acts and 5 classes and all its content, i just feel RoS's current price (despite its features/content) is to high - hence why i held off until i could get it for £20 (a bargain at that price).

The pricing is ridiculous, especially knowing there are companies like Valve out there that would provide an update like this literally for free. Alas, they are the exception rather than the rule.

Great expansion, but the cost made me almost not pick it up regardless, especially for a digital copy.

What I'm trying to say is "this could have been their Dota 2".

Wolfie5

Rolled some chest armor from Kadala and got a Goldskin and Cindercoat today. Also rolled mojo and got a Uhkapian serpent just now:

Not sure if I should reroll anything. Maybe life per second. Pretty happy with the rolls.

I have in total 4 upgrades from Kadala that I am using. Good output I would say :)

Dahbomb

The pricing is ridiculous, especially knowing there are companies like Valve out there that would provide an update like this literally for free. Alas, they are the exception rather than the rule.

Great expansion, but the cost made me almost not pick it up regardless, especially for a digital copy.

Their DOTA 2 are Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone.

D3 was never really made to be a F2P game the start. It's a traditional Blizzard model.

TheYanger

How could it be dota 2 without the juggernaut of Steam behind it? Valve provides things for free because they make money off of simply having people brought into the Steam ecosystem. This kind of argument is insane, same as people that talk about Dota 2 and LoL and how league should be completely free because Valve can do that. Diablo is a game with no microtransaction economy, intense server demands from the company selling it, and no fees for anything past the box price.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How could it be dota 2 without the juggernaut of Steam behind it? Valve provides things for free because they make money off of simply having people brought into the Steam ecosystem. This kind of argument is insane, same as people that talk about Dota 2 and LoL and how league should be completely free because Valve can do that. Diablo is a game with no microtransaction economy, intense server demands from the company selling it, and no fees for anything past the box price.

I totally agree, I don't know what people expect for $40. To me I've already had my monies worth and we're not even two weeks deep. You also have to remember they add several major content patches per year.

BPoole

About to finish leveling my Monk to level 70 and haven't really enjoyed playing as him. I loved playing as the Wizard though. Any recommendations for which class I should do next?

Fularu

Banned
Two reasons:

1. What I rerolled was the absolutely useless +monster experience.

2. I'd rather have a bit more resistances than a little extra damage, and that amulet already has a LOT of damage capability.

I'll make up that 5% fire damage I could've gotten by finding a good Magefist. Not everything has to be about maximizing DPS. Personally, I try to strike a balance between offensive and defensive capabilities.

Because your DPS is 0 when you're dead.

Any resistance other than All Res is prety much useless as a barb (and its effect rather negligeable). Amulet/gloves/Rings are for DPS, you can get your resistance/thoughness from Chest/Shoulders/Legs/Boots

But what is done is done :p (says the barb using an arcane immune amulet :D)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat Malthael last night and finally got my Barbarian to 70. Been having a lot of fun in Adventure Mode. Love how fast-paced a lot of the runs can be, and it seems like mob density is way up compared to the campaign.

I started in Hard and am now playing in Master difficulty, and one thing I'm noticing is that you actually DO tend to get better quality drops on the higher difficulties. I had heard about higher chances of Legendaries/better Legendaries in Torment, but I thought that the quality of drops otherwise remained unchanged.

Maybe it's just my imagination.

Nokterian

Ridiculous pricing what? I got my money's worth in less then 2 weeks of release. Played a lot of hours of it and still having fun. And don't compare this to dota 2 that is a different type of beast. Adventure mode is Diablo 3 and believe me it is more fun with all those random dungeons and Nephalem Rifts and random bounty's but also to go anywhere where you want and fuck shit up instead of doing the campaign mode. That is the hart of diablo. It's like dark souls but different. I even paid twice for this game digital normal and physical c.e and i don't regret anything of it. Look at all the reactions here this game is fun.

Also Gaf clan is best clan since i got to play with a lot of people in rifts that i would never do in vanilla d3.

Corsick

I was wondering, who should I PM to get into the GAF guild? I have almost never played with other people and would like to try when I have time.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
75% cooldown gear is quite the carrot-on-a-stick! Dreams of perma-tempest rush with serenity and epiphany, aww yeah. Got me making spreadsheets over here planning out my stuff with one with everything.

Arkanius

Either I'm extremely unlucky or most if not all loot I get as a Crusader comes with Vitality, Life on Hit, Life Regen and Life %. I'm trying to build my Crusader with Str, CDR, CHD and Resists and its proving extremely hard to get meaningful loot with those attributes. Is Blizzard telling me (us) that Crusader are supposed to be health sponges that can't kill a fly ?

Either I'm extremely unlucky or most if not all loot I get as a Crusader comes with Vitality, Life on Hit, Life Regen and Life %. I'm trying to build my Crusader with Str, CDR, CHD and Resists and its proving extremely hard to get meaningful loot with those attributes. Is Blizzard telling me (us) that Crusader are supposed to be health sponges that can't kill a fly ?

That's how Paladin was in WoW. But can't you just try to reroll s]ome of the stats? I got several items with reduction and resource reduction stat on them on my crusader.

Arkanius

That's how Paladin was in WoW. But can't you just try to reroll s]ome of the stats? I got several items with reduction and resource reduction stat on them on my crusader.

Most of the time I feel I have to reroll at least 2-3 stats. If I just have to reroll one then I consider it a good drop (If it's marginally better than the previous equipment).

I've got my Wizard to level 70 and done a fair few bounties and rifts on Master difficulty. Got about 200k dps now but seem to have hit a wall now. Haven't got ANY upgrades on gear for ages now. Do I need to get into doing adventure mode on T1 now? Really not sure why I haven't got any better gear

Boogdud

This is probably a super dumb question but I have to ask: has anyone heard about legendary drops rates being bugged between characters?

Until a few days ago legendaries were dropping pretty decently for me. Then I switched from my monk to my DH and lately I've done around 10 T1 adventure runs and around 8 T1 rift runs and not a single legendary has dropped. It's like the buff to rifts drop rate has actually reduced my chances or something. I mean I'm positive I'm just getting extremely unlucky with RNG but I just wanted to ask if there's something I'm doing wrong just in case.

I've tried lowering difficulty to expert and just blazing through killing elite packs as much as possible and still no change.

I've done 11 t2 rifts in a row with no leg gear drops. Only thing I've gotten have been a few souls. I don't believe the buff rate at all. The great thing is I've been doing the runs with a buddy and he's only gotten one or two. Is nice to have a witness.

Edit: I have to correct myself there, they weren't in a row. They were split 6 at one time and 5 on the next login.

Yeah I've noticed actually less legendaries dropping since the double xp started yesterday. Though through guild chat, I've noticed more set pieces drop from than before however

NIN90

I've got my Wizard to level 70 and done a fair few bounties and rifts on Master difficulty. Got about 200k dps now but seem to have hit a wall now. Haven't got ANY upgrades on gear for ages now. Do I need to get into doing adventure mode on T1 now? Really not sure why I haven't got any better gear

Do normal bounty splits and some rifts on a suitable difficulty level. I went from 200k to 400k in a day that way (RNG gonna RNG, tho).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Reroll your +% elemental damage (the fire and holy) to lightning damage, or roll all them to fire, or holy. Just focus on a single element type instead of three..

Then roll some sockets onto your weapons and put some emeralds in there.

Brandson

So, just got my first follower legendary, was quite happy..until I identified it

I rate it 10/10 on the "Game Design 101 Fail" scale, and will probably use this picture everytime someone claims that the current smartloot system is fine...

I also got the enchantress version of this on my monk and it rolled dex instead of int of course. I had to enchant it to get int, which should have been there in the first place but smart loot appears to screw up such things for follower items.

Do normal bounty splits and some rifts on a suitable difficulty level. I went from 200k to 400k in a day that way (RNG gonna RNG, tho).
Bounty splits? You mean just do the bounties quickly on normal and then up the difficulty to what I can handle for the rifts? Will doing the bounties on normal worsen my loot?

Ploid 3.0

It's funny because the same thing was attributed to Blizzard back before starcraft 2 or so. Blizzard, Valve, and Epic Games, the last pillars of great PC devs that give chunky updates for free and meaty expansions to keep the player base very loyal and happy. With Blizzard you'd be foolish to question if it was worth $60 to buy their game, when the real value would far exceed it (from the sound of it, D3 was my first Blizzard game).

Dahbomb

Strength and Vitality should be easy to get but getting crits + AR is hard to get. This isn't just something that applies to Crusaders.

NIN90

Bounty splits? You mean just do the bounties quickly on normal and then up the difficulty to what I can handle for the rifts? Will doing the bounties on normal worsen my loot?

A split is when 4 players get together and each of them tackles one act (and then they do the last act together.) It basically means that you get 5 Horadrim caches for the effort of 1. Starting a normal adventure game and setting it to public has worked out for me thus far. People seem to know what to do when they look for a game on that difficulty.
Quality of loot shouldn't be affected by the difficulty (I'm no expert on this and Blizzard keeps fucking around with droprates, tho) unless you are looking for Torment-only legendary drops.
You should probably stick to Master for Rifts speaking from my own experiences. With 200k dmg, you're better off going through Master Rifts quicker than slogging through Torment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom