• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

If you are doing Master Rifts then it's way better to just do Normal Rifts instead. There is no difference between the two in terms of item drops.

So after playing through vanilla twice... there's no possible way I can keep grinding paragon levels through campaign mode. >_> No wonder people thought this game was crap before the expansion, it just gets so boring, even with smart loot.

So food budget be damned! I just purchased RoS. My sustenance shall be the loot.

Sent you another pm idk why the hell adding you in the game doesn't seem to work

OT:
Firewalkers + warzechian bracers (Every time you destroy a wreckable object, you gain a short burst of speed.) is by far the best item combination in the game to run rifts and bounties
every time you walk near/over any objects they break from the damage from the boots and you get a 5second massive boost to your runspeed.
Most rifts and many of the areas in the acts are full of wreckable objects I'm boosted about 80 percent of the time. The boots breaking doors saves a lot of clicking as well , both combined make the game a lot smoother to play.

It's close to a permanent speed pylon (and as a bonus also stacks with the runspeed pylon for hilarious speeds)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I just discovered something really fun with blessed hammers.

If you cast one on the left and then one on the right they clump up and swing together in a huge bulk doing massive burst damage.

It's not really that practical but it's pretty fun for big damage.

aktham

So if my copy of RoS got lost in the mail, am I screwed about getting the pre-order bonuses? I figured I'd just order the digital copy instead.

TheContact

What should I do once I've gone through the story once? Is it better to reset the story or queue up for a specific quest or do adventure mode?

TentPole

Just got my crusader to the beginning of Act V and it is my first time seeing this content so the question is: Do I push through and spend the night tracking down Malthael or take the fact that I just shit myself as a sign that the food poisoning is winning, and spend the rest of the evening holed up in the bathroom?

Kammie

Man. I started Act V on Master, was doing fine.

All of a sudden, like a few areas in, things began not dying... even though I went up from like 60 to 90K DPS with a new weapon. I was fighting Uzrael for what felt like ten minutes and got him down to 25% health, and then died. :(

The use of music in the new act is pretty epic. Definitely a step up.

Wallach

Just got my crusader to the beginning of Act V and it is my first time seeing this content so the question is: Do I push through and spend the night tracking down Malthael or take the fact that I just shit myself as a sign that the food poisoning is winning, and spend the rest of the evening holed up in the bathroom?

Well... I mean, what's done is done. No use crying over spilled, uh, milk.

MartyStu

Wizards: Any other classes compare in terms of versatility and fun at higher levels?

I have tried to play pretty much every other class since launch but I find I get bored before clearing the Skeleton King.

joesmokey

Got a Storm Crow helm to drop, giving me +19% more lightning damage. I guess that's a good enough reason to replace the Dark Mage's Shade's free diamond skin proc.

Trickster

Is there enough content in this expansion to justify $40?

In terms of actual new content I'd say no. You get one act that lasts around 4½ hours if you explore everything and listen to all conversations and books you come across. Other than that, there's a single new class and a game mode that basically just recycles the content already there as a way of adding variety to the areas and enemies you are farming through.

That said, due to the genre of d3 you can still find a lot of hours in RoS despite it's very limited amount of new content.

My advice if you're unsure of whether the purchase will be worth it or not, would be to play d3 without the expansion for a day or two at lvl 60. Doing that would probably give you an idea of whether it's worth it or not.

Wizards: Any other classes compare in terms of versatility and fun at higher levels?

I have tried to play pretty much every other class since launch but I find I get bored before clearing the Skeleton King.

I think a well geared DH could probably be as fun and versatile. One of my friends has a DH with roughly the same level of gear as my wizard, and he can kill elite packs quicker than me, and he has absolutely ridiculous mobility. Definitely makes me want to give DH a serious try...But leveling those last 10 level to 70 is just to boring, especially when I'd also have to start from scratch in terms of gear ( thank you smartloot + no trading...) if I managed to get to 70

The Cowboy

Seems like a good secondary when fighting groups :D.
Djguqfb.jpg

So which would be best to remove for the socket?.

I think a well geared DH could probably be as fun and versatile. One of my friends has a DH with roughly the same level of gear as my wizard, and he can kill elite packs quicker than me, and he has absolutely ridiculous mobility. Definitely makes me want to give DH a serious try...But leveling those last 10 level to 70 is just to boring, especially when I'd also have to start from scratch in terms of gear ( thank you smartloot + no trading...) if I managed to get to 70

psst here's a trick to get those last 10 levels. When doing rifts, before turning in the quest, switch to the class you want to level and turn in with that class, you'll get xp for the quest turn ins :D

Seems like a good secondary when fighting groups :D.
Djguqfb.jpg

So which would be best to remove for the socket?.

% dmg

Yup, someone in guild taught me this 2 days ago, and I've gotten the last 10 lvls needed for my Monk yesterday, started finishing up my DH today. As long as 1 person in the rift group stays I think it works.

Quest XP also scales to the level of your character however, so I don't think it would work on a lower lvl character. Also ruby helms are your friends

The Cowboy

psst here's a trick to get those last 10 levels. When doing rifts, before turning in the quest, switch to the class you want to level and turn in with that class, you'll get xp for the quest turn ins :D
Interesting, very interesting - perhaps levelling my barb can be done with my witch doctor :D.

Leveling up from 60-70 is kind of awful. I've taken some heavily farmed level 60's to 70 and some brand new characters from 1-70 and I've had the pretty much the exact experience with both. The item drops from 1-60 are fine, it's really fun leveling up a character through the initial level cap, you get incremental upgrades for the character you're playing as from rares and magicals along with the occasional Legendary. This simply stops once you start pushing beyond 60, or it has in my experience. I'll be saddled with level 60 and 61 rares that I cannot replace until I hit 70 and can play adventure mode. The game feels like an uphill slog.

I'm also finding the Adventure Mode to be pretty unrewarding. I've completed 174 bounties, 21 rifts and have collected 1400 bloodshards. I've spent every single one of those bloodshards and only recieved two Legendaries and a metric shitton of kruft. Not one good rare has come from gambling, it's all simply sold or broken down for veiled crystals. I haven't received a single legendary drop from a Horadric Cache, mostly gems I cannot afford to upgrade and another metric shitton of kruft I simply sell or breakdown. When Legendaries do drop, more often than not they're simply not appropriate for the class I am playing as. For some reason my wizard gets almost nothing but 2H spears and hammers that are simply not an upgrade over my source and wand. I feel like I'm playing my pre-RoS Level 60 Barb with all of these shitty 2H's that drop. Most Legendaries simply get broken down or put on my followers because they're massive downgrades. At best I feel like I'm only successfully farming Paragon exp and Marquise Gems.

I really don't understand this games design. Elite mobs difficulty scales ridiculously in the Torment difficulties, so much so that they're harder than the actual bosses but the reward for fighting them does not. This complaint seems to be more true of the first four Act bosses than it does the Act V bosses tho. If the only real differentiation in player builds comes from Sets and Legendaries, why is this game so miserly at doling them out? They rain like candy from 1-60, but once Legendaries sort of become the end-goal that seems to change.

J-Rzez

Run 6 T2 rifts, don't get shit.

Do a chest run for 1.5hrs and get 11 legendaries... It was crazy earlier, I never saw that many drops in that time period before. It was legendary happy hour.

Well got my 4pc Marauders bonus plus my chest that adds 2 more wolves, plus my follower, there's 9 things running around the map for me. Funniest thing ever, my own personal army.

All I need now is a Krider shot or calamity and I'll be happy.

RDreamer

Leveling up from 60-70 is kind of awful. I've taken some heavily farmed level 60's to 70 and some brand new characters from 1-70 and I've had the pretty much the exact experience with both. The item drops from 1-60 are fine, it's really fun leveling up a character through the initial level cap, you get incremental upgrades for the character you're playing as from rares and magicals along with the occasional Legendary. This simply stops once you start pushing beyond 60, or it has in my experience. I'll be saddled with level 60 and 61 rares that I cannot replace until I hit 70 and can play adventure mode. The game feels like an uphill slog.

I think the worst part is that you know everything from those levels is completely and utterly blown out of the fucking water by everything you'll find within like an hour after level 70. I added millions in toughness and pretty much quadrupled damage withing an hour or so of my crusader hitting 70, mostly from found stuff within that hour.

J-Rzez

Yet another Legendary from a corpse. Still found 0 from goblins or elite mobs.

The vast majority of gear I got were from chests/breakables.

I got one drop from a goblin, and I can on two hands how many from mobs, with a couple of fingers to spare. Its a joke.

Run 6 T2 rifts, don't get shit.

Do a chest run for 1.5hrs and get 11 legendaries... It was crazy earlier, I never saw that many drops in that time period before. It was legendary happy hour.

Well got my 4pc Marauders bonus plus my chest that adds 2 more wolves, plus my follower, there's 9 things running around the map for me. Funniest thing ever, my own personal army.

All I need now is a Krider shot or calamity and I'll be happy.

Where are chest runs still possible?

oneils

If you are doing Master Rifts then it's way better to just do Normal Rifts instead. There is no difference between the two in terms of item drops.

Might have already been said, but when in master difficulty there is a chance that imperial gems will drop from level 61+ monsters. Imperials won't drop in normal. That is the only difference. So, if that doesn't bother you - there isn't much reason to play one over the other if you are farming for items.

A split is when 4 players get together and each of them tackles one act (and then they do the last act together.) It basically means that you get 5 Horadrim caches for the effort of 1. Starting a normal adventure game and setting it to public has worked out for me thus far. People seem to know what to do when they look for a game on that difficulty.
Quality of loot shouldn't be affected by the difficulty (I'm no expert on this and Blizzard keeps fucking around with droprates, tho) unless you are looking for Torment-only legendary drops.
You should probably stick to Master for Rifts speaking from my own experiences. With 200k dmg, you're better off going through Master Rifts quicker than slogging through Torment.

We've all been runinng act 1 really quickly b/c some of us want the ring that lowers the set requirement.

Last night and tonight have been horrible for me for drops :\

Dahbomb

Life per kill on an item that prevents life per kill.

Dat smart loot.

And that secondary is shit tier. Does almost 0 damage even with 350k hp.
That's because the Life per Kill stat is turned into an offense stat. So it's important to have SOME life on kill on that weapon already for the Legendary affix to do anything.

That said it's still lousy damage. 600% of 10K is still shit damage.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I might be the one reading it wrong, but I think you might be confused.

Looks like I was wrong but still, I've had that item a few times and every time I've tried it it's been terrible.

Maybe clearing low hp white trash on normal but I've never seen the damage from it's secondary do much more than tickle an enemy.

autotwilo

Neo Member
I might be the one reading it wrong, but I think you might be confused.

Indeed, it uses the Life per Kill stat for the AoE proc instead of the standard life-gaining mechanic; so it makes perfect sense that the weapon has "life per kill" because it is converting the life per kill value into damage for a proc; not that it isn't kinda weird to look at :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom