• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

So, I decided to build the leg bow Unbound Bold. The crafting mat drops from a purple mob at the beginning of act 1. Didn't seem so bad, but I didn't get it before when I tried a couple times on T1, so I recruited a friend to farm it on T6. In the first three runs my friend got the mat 3 times. I don't know how many runs we did, but he got it 5 times. I got it once. Sometimes RNG hates me :(

Dark_castle

ring.jpg

Any suggestion if I should reroll the socket or life on hit?

I'm now using it instead of the Triumvirate I was using.
Since I'm not sure if the stats are good as is, could someone more knowledgeable tell me if I should try to reroll something for something else more useful?

Mirrorball is so amazing. Here's a screenshot of mine.

gsTdSAz.png

I rerolled cooldown into vitality. Sadly the hydra dmg is useless.

I started out with a conflag build myself, boosting fire dmg where I could. But i've recently switched to charged blast. It does INSANE dmg but it doens't pierce. So for that I've been using Disintigrate. Arcane setup pretty much. But I have gear to switch to fire if I want to. It's nice to have options.

on to act v now. lvl 53 crusader. only legendary drops i got so far are rings and belt and maybe a weapon. but those happened around lvl 13 or so lol.

Dahbomb

For the Demon Hunter passive Ballistics, what skills does that affect?
Some skills shoot secondary rockets as part of their attacks.

Examples include Rapid Fire - Fire Support, Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars, Multishot - Arsenal, Sentry Spitfire - Turret, Vengeance (you are basically spamming rockets when in Vengeance mode) etc.

Kammie

Just beat the expansion, and... what the hell, the bounties I did are lost once I log off and on?

For a game this softcore where even my portals stay up when I log off, why am I being held hostage to this?

Ashodin

Awwww man give 2H swords dodge chance lol!

;)

Soooooo much fun runs last night. The part where we died on Malthael I almost died laughing

Raticus: pretty much all but confirms patch on Tuesday

Shouta

RDbLQHM.png

Oh yeah came to me with what I needed. This proc + Nephalem Glory really makes for fun times on Crusader. Enough so that I'm definitely not using a 2h for the time being.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just beat the expansion, and... what the hell, the bounties I did are lost once I log off and on?

For a game this softcore where even my portals stay up when I log off, why am I being held hostage to this?

Bounties are so quick and easy with only a few exceptions unless you're playing above your optimal difficulty level

Typically it takes about 20-30 minutes for a group of 4 to do all 5 acts

I have already done thousands

Ashodin

So that schedule maintenance on Tuesday is to deploy the patch.

Is this the patch that contains the balance changes as well? Or it's just minor stuff like less Quivers/Belts?
Oooooh yeah you better believe it. Been waiting on crusader buff hype!!

KePoW

Banned
Some skills shoot secondary rockets as part of their attacks.

Examples include Rapid Fire - Fire Support, Cluster Arrow - Shooting Stars, Multishot - Arsenal, Sentry Spitfire - Turret, Vengeance (you are basically spamming rockets when in Vengeance mode) etc.

Thanks friend!

Got my barb to 70 and with a couple 1H legs my Crusader had dumped in the bank and 500 blood shards, I was able to get him to 600k/7m (with passives/self buffs) right off the bat. Kadala really is good for quickly getting alts decently geared.

Kammie

Bounties are so quick and easy with only a few exceptions unless you're playing above your optimal difficulty level

Typically it takes about 20-30 minutes for a group of 4 to do all 5 acts

I have already done thousands
I'm going to guess I should lower the difficulty then. It's taking me about 15 min or so to do each solo.

Totakeke

Man, it's really hard to get into another class once you have one class that can sweep through the same difficulties in seconds compared to more than a minute. Aside from shards, there isn't much you can do but just to start over on another class. Wonder if this would eventually become a problem enough for Blizzard to address or they'll just leave it as it is.

Got my crusader to 70 this weekend, tried out blessed hammers.... wasn't too fun because it's just standing there, and right clicking a mob to death while the hammers twirls around, feels very slow and boring unless you get into big groups which doesn't really happen that often. Then also tried out making some demon's hide items for thorns, also feels quite underwhelming.

Judgment - Resolved seems overpowered, but then I read it doesn't work against champions and bosses? Guess that's a dead end too.

On another note, once you go fan of knives DH with sash of knives it's hard to go back. I keep trying other builds because I have a lot of different legendary bows, but they're all so tedious compared to vaulting in, FoK, then killing everything. Sure it probably won't be viable for higher torments, but the killing speed is unparalleled. Other builds you actually have to care about positioning all the time. :/

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm going to guess I should lower the difficulty then. It's taking me about 15 min or so to do each solo.

The only ones which will take a bunch of time are ones that you need to kill a bunch of monsters or the damned barracks in act 3

That's why group play is optimal because if you get the barracks, doing that alone can be a huge chore

There is no bonus to doing every act, either.

Just choose adventure mode and join a multiplayer game. You get caches from other people playing, at least for now.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm cautiously optimistic. It seems pretty early- especially for Blizz- to be deploying a balance patch. Usually, we get some dev insight on the kinds of changes being made in advance too, and there hasn't been too much talk on what kind of buffs/nerfs are coming. I'd like to see it, but I suspect this will simply be a bugfix patch.

Also, Blizz is having enough trouble making 1 handers appealing to Crusaders; I sincerely doubt they're ever going to try and make the solo 2 hander a desirable option as well. :p (Especially given the goals of the class in the first place)

I just want to see the Fire Sweep fixed, as it could actually enable me to go Lidless Wall with fire dmg over Jekangboard Blessed Shield if effective.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So that schedule maintenance on Tuesday is to deploy the patch.

Is this the patch that contains the balance changes as well? Or it's just minor stuff like less Quivers/Belts?

They said they were working on patch notes, so it should be a big one.

Flipyap

The strangest thing about Diablo III right now might be how easy it is to destroy your legendaries through enchanting. We have instant and free skill/paragon respecs for characters who could easily be replaced, but bad enchantments of unique items (which we might never find again) are permanent.
Didn't fully understand how enchanting works the first time you tried to modify your favorite item? Too bad! Enjoy your fancy new secondary property, because you're stuck with it.

scy

Also, Blizz is having enough trouble making 1 handers appealing to Crusaders

Skycutter and Golden Scourge have Holy Damage (for Holy Cause purposes) and roll +Holy Skill Damage%. Hell, if I get a Thunderfury or Shard of Hate, I'm probably going 1H on my Crusader and finding a way to make Lightning work there.

Basically, I'm stuck in this weird limbo where I need a good weapon to push me towards using my Magefist/Cindercoat or Thundergod's Vigor. Everything right now just hinges on whatever weapon I get to drop :x

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Crusader nerfs incoming. They too stronk.

• Crusaders movement speed reduced by 25% instead of 15% when using any 2h weapons.
  • Steed charge cooldown increased to 60 seconds.
  • Monks can now dual wield 2h weapons and gain 15% movement speed at all times.
  • Monks now passively gain 20% dodge chance.
  • Archon is now a toggleable state. No longer has duration or cool down.

Dahbomb

Basically, I'm stuck in this weird limbo where I need a good weapon to push me towards using my Magefist/Cindercoat or Thundergod's Vigor. Everything right now just hinges on whatever weapon I get to drop :x
I am in the same boat.

I have a Cindercoat but no Fire weapon/Magefist or Fire Amulet. I have a WKL but no Thundergod's Vigor, Odyn Son or Eye of the Storm. For the time being I will probably just try to gamble for a good Fire Amulet and roll a fire Monk but until then I have to use my current Lightning build... with Cindercoat equipped because it has the greatest stats for me despite having two useless ones for my build. I would then have to either exchange my WKL for my other Legendary fist or keep it for my Fire monk.

And it can't be stressed enough how expensive the god damn unsocketing prices are. I had to salvage my previous Rare chest just so I could put some gems in my Cindercoat! I can't check the DPS comparison between my WKL and my other Legendary fist because I would go broke unsocketing my highest tier Emerald. For the price of unsocketing a gem, I can upgrade a Marquise to an Imperial!

traveler

Not Wario
Skycutter and Golden Scourge have Holy Damage (for Holy Cause purposes) and roll +Holy Skill Damage%. Hell, if I get a Thunderfury or Shard of Hate, I'm probably going 1H on my Crusader and finding a way to make Lightning work there.

You can roll holy dmg on two handers too, though, and while I'd like for the holy skill dmg route to be a viable option, it simply rolls on too few items compared to fire.

Of course, it's all irrelevant if you get the holy items and don't get the others. And I don't think 1 handed builds can't be done by any means; it just feels like you're going out of your way to make them work when you could be using a 2 hander.

The Cowboy

Tuesday.
Witch Doctor: Locus Swarm now has a chance to critical on each tick of damage - I would love this.
-
Make it happen Blizzard and i will give you cuddles and kisses.

Lernaean

Banned
Guys, has it ever happened to you?
I was playing Rifts today and i stepped in a new floor, 3rd i think, and the whole room was full of gobbos, i mean like 20-25 of them, small room too and i killed all of them.
Sadly not even 1 legendary from all that, but it was fun to experience >.<

I hope they don't nerf moonlight ward.

Tuesday.
Witch Doctor: Locus Swarm now has a chance to critical on each tick of damage - I would love this.
-
Make it happen Blizzard and i will give you cuddles and kisses.

I swear, they used to have crit ticks while still in white but now it doesn't and makes no sense they changed that.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm cautiously optimistic. It seems pretty early- especially for Blizz- to be deploying a balance patch. Usually, we get some dev insight on the kinds of changes being made in advance too, and there hasn't been too much talk on what kind of buffs/nerfs are coming. I'd like to see it, but I suspect this will simply be a bugfix patch.

Also, Blizz is having enough trouble making 1 handers appealing to Crusaders; I sincerely doubt they're ever going to try and make the solo 2 hander a desirable option as well. :p (Especially given the goals of the class in the first place)

I just want to see the Fire Sweep fixed, as it could actually enable me to go Lidless Wall with fire dmg over Jekangboard Blessed Shield if effective.

What's wrong with Fire Sweep, currently?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oops, update on that 75% cooldown goal. Serenity's a 20 second cooldown, so 75% reduction would get you to 5 second cooldown. (4 up, 1 down)

scy

You can roll holy dmg on two handers too, though, and while I'd like for the holy skill dmg route to be a viable option, it simply rolls on too few items compared to fire.

It was more mentioned there as Holy Cause is a direct replacement to Heavenly Strength in this comparison. And as long as Condemn and Fires of Heaven are Holy only, you're probably still better off with Holy Damage even without the Magefist / Cindercoat options. That said, Fire right now is generically the best Elemental type due to 40% more +Fire Skill% being available :(

As for 1H/Shield, it has the bonus of better Wrath generation which tends to normalize your damage a bit better. Holy Cause benefits them slightly better than 2Hers and 1H/Shield has 20% more Holy Skill% than 2H/Shield. That's all I'm getting at :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom