• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

Oops, update on that 75% cooldown goal. Serenity's a 20 second cooldown, so 75% reduction would get you to 5 second cooldown. (4 up, 1 down)

Are you sure that's how it works? I figured it was similar to Borderlands where cooldown reduction really just makes the time of cooldown move faster, so that a 20 second cooldown would move 2x as fast to make it a 10 second cooldown at 100% cooldown reduction. That also gives diminishing returns to continuing to try to stack cooldown reduction above a certain point.

It seems like it would be overpowered to basically eliminate skill cooldowns at 100%

500 shards to Kadala and I got 2 legendary gloves. They were both complete butt.

Kinda hard to compete with near perfect rare gloves though.

On the other hand, opened 25 caches and got a total of 6 legendaries. Not bad.

scy

16,000 shards and 4 Legendaries. You people make me sick ;__;

It seems like it would be overpowered to basically eliminate skill cooldowns at 100%

You can't get to 100%. It takes basically everything in the game to even get to around 75%.

supergiz

So at what point do you want to let go of that legendary for a rare? I'm almost lvl 60 and I still have quite a few sub 40 legendaries that I've been holding onto until I get a replacement legendary.

ZenaxPure

I'm going to guess I should lower the difficulty then. It's taking me about 15 min or so to do each solo.

Eh, depends on how you are approaching it. Most people doing bounties are doing them for the cache legendaries (as each act cache has a set of legendaries you can only get from it) so it's all about speed. Skip as many mobs as you can and use abilities for mobility. If you are just doing bounties and killing every mob 15 minutes to do a single bounty doesn't seem that unreasonable for a lot of them.

Also, bounties reset when you leave the game because... that's just how the game works. Despite maps not being randomly generated in acts 1-4 the dungeons and events you get each time are random. These change every time you enter and exit a game, so, it's pretty natural that your bounties would change each time you enter/exit along with the rest of the map. There is a finite number of dungeons/events that can spawn each time (some even share spawn locations) so having bounties stay would require the dungeons/events not changing each time too.

TEIqOCZ.png

lulz

I did it.

scy

How bad was the base DEX? Think I would've rolled VIT for skill damage personally. Still, that's disgusting rolls.

4000 shards per Legendary. About the same as my rate really.

Makes me sick.

She gave me my same weapon back but with a maybe +0.1% upgrade. Well. Okay.

Still, it's like ~100k per 345 shards spent on 2Hers so she's at least an extra bit of gold after 6-7 runs.

How bad was the base DEX? Think I would've rolled VIT for skill damage personally. Still, that's disgusting rolls.

Makes me sick.

She gave me my same weapon back but with a maybe +0.1% upgrade. Well. Okay.

Still, it's like ~100k per 345 shards spent on 2Hers so she's at least an extra bit of gold after 6-7 runs.

I've spent well north of 6k on 2 handed bows trying to get a krider shot. I've gotten 3 windforces out of it but still... jesus.

Voidguts

I uh.. kinda missed the boat on the GAF guild but I'm P165 and about to run some t1/t2 rifts on my wiz (1m dippies y'alls) and I'd prefer to play with people who aren't AFK; feel free to add/join me, gonna be on for the next couple of hours - (NA) KYGB#1998

Tom Penny

So I get the full Blackthorne set..immune to molten, desacrator, plaugue..

But I still would not give up my belt with 300 resits..Nice knowing you Blackhorn. Might have to roll a Demon Hunter.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm going to lose it. I'm so salty. I'm so mad. Act 2 split normal for a week straight and still no gloves

ef3fkR8.jpg

HOW IS THIS FUCKING FAIR

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to lose it. I'm so salty. I'm so mad. Act 2 split normal for a week straight and still no gloves

ef3fkR8.jpg

HOW IS THIS FUCKING FAIR

I feel your pain, except I've been trying to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur and Coven's Criterion for a week. Neither to show for it yet, though I've gotten 2 (TWO) of the fucking DH coats, not even playing DH. SO MAD.

traveler

Not Wario
I swear I see around 1 legend/1000 shards at least. How do you guys dump them? I don't know if any of this stuff affects my drop rate, but I usually buy while in a group, in a torment level game (sometimes t6), only when I have 500 shards to drop, and only when I haven't seen an actual leg drop in a bit. Lastly, I prioritize armor, since you can obviously buy more at once of it than any other type. I've been able to force quite a few of the exact legs I was looking for like this- namely both that magefist posted above and my Jekangboard. Also got a couple of just strict state upgrades this way. Granted, most of these legs are still crap (I'm looking at you St. Archew's Gage- had at least 4 before i saw the magefist) but at least you can force the slot in which you get the crap.

It was more mentioned there as Holy Cause is a direct replacement to Heavenly Strength in this comparison. And as long as Condemn and Fires of Heaven are Holy only, you're probably still better off with Holy Damage even without the Magefist / Cindercoat options. That said, Fire right now is generically the best Elemental type due to 40% more +Fire Skill% being available :(

As for 1H/Shield, it has the bonus of better Wrath generation which tends to normalize your damage a bit better. Holy Cause benefits them slightly better than 2Hers and 1H/Shield has 20% more Holy Skill% than 2H/Shield. That's all I'm getting at :x

Yeah, I agree that if gearing options were the same, holy would be our best bet hands down, but that extra 40% dmg and, maybe even more importantly given wrath generation issues, Cindercoat effect make fire the top pick hands down.

mileS

I feel your pain, except I've been trying to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur and Coven's Criterion for a week. Neither to show for it yet, though I've gotten 2 (TWO) of the fucking DH coats, not even playing DH. SO MAD.

This is due to some of the bag loot being more common. Like the shield and the DH cloak from act 2. The droprate on those is much higher than the boots and gloves. Sure there's RNG involved but it favors the more common items first.

Hey Blizzard, FUCK YOU!
Logged onto my DH for 10 mins to start leveling him to 70 and this drops.

Oh god, I can feel your pain. It even rolled for a Barb or Crusader, just as if to say. "Oh no, we acknowledge your DH wouldn't even use this. It's just... fuck you so very hard man!"

edit: I apologize for this double post

DEO3

It's almost as if trying to farm for a specific item with specific stats in a game that's all about randomly generated numbers is a complete waste of your time..

BurningNad

Man, some of your guy's luck with Kadala really sucks... I've gotten 2 legendaries, both upgrades, at 1600 shards spent. That RNG is pretty wacky.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A miracle has happened. I've looted a crusader set piece!

094c9dbdbcfe7df2688d77867f9449c0.png

! Sorry for off topic, but I have your Goblin Ring! I haven't forgotten about it!

scy

I swear I see around 1 legend/1000 shards at least. How do you guys dump them? I don't know if any of this stuff affects my drop rate, but I usually buy while in a group, in a torment level game (sometimes t6), only when I have 500 shards to drop, and only when I haven't seen an actual leg drop in a bit. Lastly, I prioritize armor, since you can obviously buy more at once of it than any other type. I've been able to force quite a few of the exact legs I was looking for like this- namely both that magefist posted above and my Jekangboard. Also got a couple of just strict state upgrades this way. Granted, most of these legs are still crap (I'm looking at you St. Archew's Gage- had at least 4 before i saw the magefist) but at least you can force the slot in which you get the crap.

T2 games, every time I get above 345 shards (room for 23 purchases / my full inventory) so I do 4+ shard dumps a day probably. All on 2Hers since basically every other slot I'm not going to gamble a random upgrade / I have Set crafting that will be better for those slots. I'd probably be at far more Legendaries if I was rolling Armor drops since it'd be triple the amount of purchases at a time but I don't need them really. Which, on that note, 15 shards per Weapon is the stupidest idea in the world.

Maybe I can roll more gloves to try and get a better Magefist than the one I have but it's just not even going to be used without a Maximus or a buff to my Fire skillset.

RDreamer

Kadala is a scammer.

Not as much as the mystic:

"I see you want to change the Armor affix to something else... How would you like less armor? Or how about even less armor?"

then:

"oh, alright, I guess you don't want either of those. Are you really sure you don't want less armor? Maybe just a slight bit more armor?"

KarmaCow

Not as much as the mystic:

"I see you want to change the Armor affix to something else... How would you like less armor? Or how about even less armor?"

then:

"oh, alright, I guess you don't want either of those. Are you really sure you don't want less armor? Maybe just a slight bit more armor?"

I got this about 5 times trying to get anything but Armour or Sockets.

When this game's smart loot fails, it ALWAYS fails on otherwise great items.

f1XO3AH.png

I could reroll the socket into crit rate and it'd be way better than my current. But instead I got fucking dex. Even though my wizard dropped it.

olefd;kjS:LFDKJsa ;kldfa;lskjfasd

I just UNIDed 4 more legendaries and THEY'RE ALL DEX.

DSmalls84

Finally got an awesome Helm from Kadala after spending probably 1000+ shards. Got a Mempo of Twilight with Str, 100 All Res and a socket. Rerolled the socket to 6% CC on the first try. Feels good!

RDreamer

When this game's smart loot fails, it ALWAYS fails on otherwise great items.

I could reroll the socket into crit rate and it'd be way better than my current. But instead I got fucking dex. Even though my wizard dropped it.

olefd;kjS:LFDKJsa ;kldfa;lskjfasd

I just UNIDed 4 more legendaries and THEY'RE ALL DEX.

That sucks. Something similar happened to me with my crusader. I got a great 2 hander, except with dex... and no socket. So I couldn't re-roll both at all. It was essentially useless where it could have been amazing. Then after I got frustrated about that, I went on my monk and got THE SAME FUCKING WEAPON... still with dex. And worse dex, too.

Yaari

Did like 4 Normal Bounty runs, giving me like 28 boxes I guess? 4 of those that would be Act 2, I did not get any Legendary other than the single one I even started the entire thing for, Gloves of Worship. Stats were not perfect but its nice to not have to go through the entire thing much longer.

Does Kalada have every Legendary available, I really want Nemesis Bracers but no idea where to go for that.

Finally got an awesome Helm from Kadala after spending probably 1000+ shards. Got a Mempo of Twilight with Str, 100 All Res and a socket. Rerolled the socket to 6% CC on the first try. Feels good!

As if you needed the luck. It was probably going to drop for you tomorrow anyway :p

Sothpaw

So watching Alkaizer, barb still just boils down to spin all day every day? Oh well, at least CM wizards are gone. Wanted to mess with a barb but it looks like whirlwind is just flat out superior to all other builds.

Still no luck for my crudader. 20 T1 rifts and nothing but weapons (all bad except one decent Soul Smasher) and shitty rings.

I'm guessing there's diminishing returns with resistance? A pair of pants with 99 all res has slightly worse toughness than a pair with 582 armor.

So here's my Guide for Act 5 Split Chest runs. I recommend looking at the doc as it has somewhat better formatting. Probably gonna put in on reddit tomorrow as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/167bUhM9GLM-3fNfqVEjGCWjaHHQwApilmEsJsZNrMwo/edit?usp=sharing

NaDannMaGoGo’s Act 5 Split Chest Run

How it works

• Campaign Mode Last Quest, ‘Kill Malthael’
  • Torment 6 Difficulty
  • Your Equipment and Skills should be suited for max. toughness (more importantly mitigation) and mobility
All players split up and run through certain areas thoroughly, openening every chest available. Once everyone is done all players just backtrack to the other areas and check their minimap for legendary drops (star indicators), a process that doesn’t take a lot of time.

This works because chests (and destructibles?) drop items for every player, whether they’re present in the area or not. At Torment 6 the chest drop rate is at its highest.

Benefits
  1. 10-15min runs, no need to constantly restart the game
  2. possibly the currently highest legendary/hour ratio (should be easily around 6-7 per hour on average)
  3. decently fun in comparison to other short chest runs (still less fun than proper play of course)
Areas with a worthwhile chest spawn rate
  1. Westmarch Heights (some chests can be under destructibles)
  2. Passage to Corvus
  3. Ruins of Corvus
  4. Pandemonium Fortress 1
  5. Pandemonium Fortress 2
  6. Abandoned Siege Camp (has no enemies and 2-4 chests)
  7. Paths of the Drowned
Caves in Paths of the Drowned
  • Putrid Hovel (2 easy chests)
  • Wretched Hole (2 easy chests AND turn over Maggot Brood corpse!)
  • Bogan Warren (3 easy chests most of the time)
  • (False) Passages to Corvus (two of these are short with few chests, one is large with many)
  • Winding Cave
  • The Hunters Den (2 Maggot Brood corpses to be turned around)
  • Caverns of Luray 1 (level 2 not worth it)
  • Perilious Cave 1 (level 2 not worth it)
Some more notes and tips

Clear the areas in their entirety, that is, visit every room. There are many rooms that could contain 2, 3 or even 4 chests and make an area worthwhile in the first placet.

The variance of chest numbers per area can be quite huge. So don’t be surprised if an area has deceptively few chests on some runs.

Make use of waypoints. If you ran through one area quickly and have a lot to left discover, it may be worth porting to the waypoint again instead of backtracking by walking.

The ‘Homing Pads’ shoulders that allow you to TP out in battle can prove really useful for this run.

Except for checking all the cave areas in the ‘Path of the Drowned’ you can simply visit each area quickly via waypoint, check the minimap for the legendary star-indicators and move to the next or pick up said legendaries. So this really shouldn’t take long.

Maggot Brood corpses seem to drop as much as chests..

This run works best with 4 players but even when you’re playing alone the drop ratio can be pretty high.

Warning

When running with three or four players the game session can become super buggy if you run through a lot of areas. Because the Corvus dungeons (incl. the fake Passage) and Paths of the Drowned spawn a lot of small enemies and the amount of item drops for 3-4 players is very high as well, there seems to be some kind of overflow issue. When that happens items that are dropped immediately disappear from the ground and entire areas reset, which means you cannot backtrack them.

For that reason, for 3-4 player parties it may be adviced to not do the Paths of the Drowned area and its caves while simulatenously doing the other areas.

---

Here's my skill and item build for my DH.

---
Thanks to teowind, Killroy and FixateDCraB for running and testing this with me.
I’m be interested in anyone trying this and recording their statistics.

Boogdud

I'm seriously going to call bullshit on this "buffed the drop rate" business.

I'm being honest here, how long is someone expected to sink hours into rift runs and bounties to get their gear up past t1? I have put nearly 50 hours on my character since hitting 70, I'm sitting at 300k dps and I'm just not getting any gear. I STILL have the same yellow:

helm
shoulders
chest
gloves
pants
boots

that I had equipped about 2 hours after hitting 70. I've had no legendaries that are upgrades drop in any of the slots. I'm sorry for being salty about it, but I wouldn't feel so damn bad if there was actually anything I could actively DO about it. It's just rotten luck and after 50 hours of this I'm just ready to give the game a very large, extended break. It sucks when you're not in control over it. I'm not a hardcore player by any means but 50 hours is a long time to sink into a guy with no real upgrades. I've run T2 torment groups with friends for the most part (I'm nowhere near geared enough to do T2, I'm just getting carried).

I'm really just disgusted with the whole thing.

Anyone else have luck this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom