• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

I was wondering, my Andariel's Visage gives 19% to Cold skills, does this affect Arcane Orb with Frozen Orb, or is this still considered a arcane skill?

SRTtoZ

Man, seriously. Thunderfury + Nephaelem Glory Orbs are really awesome automatic AOE, lol. That's what I'm using on my Crusader currently and I'm surprised how effective it is with the orbs Lv. 3 effect lasting 2 minutes or so.

I want this for my barb. Still have not gotten a TF or a SoH yet...

DAMMIT BLIZZERD.

ACESmkII

What should I be doing with my lower level Legendary Items? Right now most of them are sitting in my stash.

Being playing for the past few days and my Demon Hunter is only level 58.

Ronabo

Trading stuff really needs to be opened up somewhat. I've found some really good stuff that I'll never use and turning it into mats to craft shit I'll never use isn't really much of an option.

Just got this on my cold wiz. So far it's been a good day 1 as a 70 wiz :3
HUiZxLm.jpg

No main stat but i'll take it.

Totakeke

I think the str/dex/int divide is the largest barrier to playing other classes. A lot of the best gear are similar across classes anyway.

I hope you wizards are happy with playing witch doctors once they nerf you guys. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo dawg, what was that bullshit. I see a cursed chest and a dude. I help the dude and the curse leaves the chest. Does that mean if I used the chest I wouldn't be able to help the dude? Don't put confusing shit like this in the game. I'll play Witcher 2 if I want that shit.

SRTtoZ

What should I be doing with my lower level Legendary Items? Right now most of them are sitting in my stash.

Being playing for the past few days and my Demon Hunter is only level 58.

Salvage them unless they use the same stats as a class you plan on leveling in the future.

Just got this on my cold wiz. So far it's been a good day 1 as a 70 wiz :3

No main stat but i'll take it.

Damage against elites---> socket, GG.

Zeliard

Got a chest armor leg drop that guarantees a critical hit on every attack if your health is below 21%. Dangerous but pretty neat as glass cannon equipment.

lt519

Got a chest armor leg drop that guarantees a critical hit on every attack if your health is below 21%. Dangerous but pretty neat as glass cannon equipment.

I got that too but it was under 25% and pre RoS so unfortunately I had to move on from it cause it's primaries were just way under powered. I made some neat builds with it as a barb with passives that also reduced damage taken and given when under 25%, really fun living on the edge and just wrecking people. I've since upped my crit chance to 48% anyway.

So I just started a Hardcore Crusader and Demon hunter (playing one act on each so they end up finding gear or crafting mats for one another, already found a legendary quiver on the crusader hehe). Anyway, HC is so much fun I don't feel like going back to my SC heroes cause they just seem a little... soft. I think the main attraction is the risk reward with the possibility of losing your hero but also being able to stash things away for any successive heroes.

The only issue i have with HardCore is when it gets laggy things can get really scary. Today I loaded into fields of misery and ran into the keywarden and a pack of 4 elite bulls... then things got laggy. Luckily the game had set itself to normal and I survived but if I had died it may have been a few days before I started a new crusader.

Totakeke

Steed Charge Cooldown: 25->16 seconds / Mount a celestial war horse that allows you to ride through enemies unhindered for 2->1.5 seconds.
Endurance : Increase the duration to 3->2 seconds.

It's an overall buff... but why. :(

Could I get a quick gear check from GAF for my monk?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Candalos-1205/hero/40785345

Going now with a lightning blender build and it's working out pretty good - I can more or less faceroll T1 with little trouble. I'm wondering what I can cut though to add on a bit more DPS. Any advice is appreciated.

First thing would be rolling the CDR or Vit off of your gloves for IAS or crit damage. Second, you have a lot of HP. You could consider finding a ring with more offensive stats and no +life. For you belt, +damage to a skill instead of +life.

valeo

Two different set pieces today and both were duplicate Blackthorne pants and belt.

I think it's time to stop playing for awhile until they fix this "smart" loot. I know RNG is going to RNG, but with how many various set pieces there are, there is no reason I should have 3xVyr's Gauntlets, 2xBlackthorne pants, and 2x Blackthorne belts.

I didn't realize teleport needed a buff but that's cool. Nice to see Wizards didn't get hit with the nerf stick.

Looks like nothing really got hit with a nerf stick - just didnt get hit as hard with the buff stick (Demon Hunter, Monk)

Good stuff

Nete

I like the changes on the crusader (can't say on the others, I almost haven't touched them since 2.0). All the spenders were deserving a buff, and Phalanx will be at last a good skill (not useless, not OP).

Lightsader will become once again a great option, with Fissure as the best Fist of the Heavens rune (and probably the best spender with Fires of Heaven nerf, at least if you don't have a Fate of the Fell shotgun).

Justice will be even more the best primary skill, and I'm curious to see the avatars from Falling Sword if that is really a 1000% weapon damage.

BurningNad

I got two legendary amulet drops off two mobs at the same time!

While I was rushing my friend's lvl 66. :/

Both were crap. What a waste.

Ashodin

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls First Patch - 2.0.4 Datamined Class Changes
http://www.diablofans.com/news/48018-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-first-patch-2-0-4

Since I'm one of the biggest Crusader proponents, I'll share my thoughts.

Comments:

fuck, Fires of Heaven nerf. We knew it was coming, at least Condemn was left alone.

Seems Blizzard agrees on our spenders/generators not doing enough damage. In between CDs we should be kinda wrecking everything, then when CDs are up, absolutely obliterating everything.

• Sweep Attack Now deals 440% weapon damage (up from 400%).
OK. Did you fix Blazing Sweep? Is Holy Shock Holy damage yet?

• Heaven's Fury
    Fires of Heaven : Now deals 735% weapon damage (down from 950%).
Fffffffffffff

• Phalanx Now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 295%).
    Bowmen : Now deals 160% weapon damage (up from 85%).
    Shield Charge : Now deals 180% weapon damage (up from 75%).
    Stampede : Now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 295%). Now has a 30% chance to stun (up from 25%).
    Bodyguard : Now deals 285% weapon damage (up from 200%).
Might try this out now in a Physical Damage build. Seems good changes overall.

• Fist of the Heavens Now deals 340% weapon damage (up from 250%) Each bolt now deals 340% weapon damage (up from 210%).
    Fissure : Now deals 400% weapon damage (up from 80%).
    Divine Well : Now has an 18 yard distance (up from 12). Now deals 80% weapon damage (up from 14%)
holy WHAT at Fissure. Holy fuck! Divine Well might be interesting as well!

All in all I'm actually a bit disappointed they didn't change other passives and/or change the cooldowns on abilities. Granted, I know it's a CD-based class, and they want to keep it that way, but I still think abilities should be even higher than this. Yep.

SRTtoZ

Yeah, I really don't care for any of the spells they buffed. Maybe that will change once I try them after the patch.

Its all going to be about Fist of Heavens>Fissure now.

I used that up until I found my blessed hammer build but fissures got a HUGE buff, 80% to 400. I just wish the wrath cost was 20 but then it might be really OP. Steed now is pretty decent with the passive (12s) but nobody is going to take endurance anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom