• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls First Patch - 2.0.4 Datamined Class Changes
http://www.diablofans.com/news/48018-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-first-patch-2-0-4

Lol. They buffed the shit out of FoH. Also already thought Buring Wrath was the best hammer rune to begin with, and it's even better now. Definitely nowhere near enough to "fix" the class, but at least they acknowledge it's not up to par.

Anyway, does anyone else think that in RoS, getting a socket on a helm is actually a detriment compared to pre-expansion? Aside from very specific builds that can use the 12% CDR or I guess 23% life (which isn't terrible depending on your health already), there's nothing else to put in the socket, and you end up having to roll it away for something more useful. This sucks on all of the helms where sockets are default.

Dahbomb

I actually broke a million DPS today (alright it's 960K but if I put my upgraded gems in it's over a million DPS).

Also LOL @ those patch changes though.

Dahbomb

In the grand scheme of things.. Crusader actually got nerfed more than Wizards (who just got buffed). Their best Wrath spender got nerfed hard and all of their other Wrath spenders are still in the middling category despite the "buffs" meaning they are still under powered compared to the other classes. They buffed Steed's cooldown but then nerfed it's duration.

The Wrath generators of Crusaders are still dog shit. I also did not see any changes to elemental variety which was the real fix that people want with these classes (not just simple number tweaking).

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
got my wiz up to 1.3 mill dps and 4.8 mill toughness today. Quite happy.

The Wrath generators of Crusaders are still dog shit.

If you want to see "dog shit" resource generators look at the barb. Worst generation of all classes by a significant margin and stupidly expenesive spenders with no good aoe dps.

GorillaJu

My bitter, sour grape tears are slightly relieved that Fires of Heaven is getting nerfed, because I know I'll never get a fucking Fate of the Fell.

But holy shit at those Shield Bash buffs. Some other good ones in there, too. Still doesn't really do enough. Smite wasn't touched at all, interestingly. Fist of the Heavens could be good now... but it's lightning dmg D: which is balls and a half

Dahbomb

Sweep and Fist of Heaven might be in the usable Wrath spending skills provided they fixed the fire damage on the Fire rune of Sweep.

Sanctuary

Goddamn I hope that isn't true. My whole build is around Fires of Heaven shotgun with my Fate of the Fell weapon >.<

Yeah, it's nice that they decided to buff the other skills (still nowhere near enough), but that Fires change makes no sense. It's not like every Crusader has that flail anyway.

But holy shit at those Shield Bash buffs. Some other good ones in there, too. Still doesn't really do enough. Smite wasn't touched at all, interestingly. Fist of the Heavens could be good now... but it's lightning dmg D: which is balls and a half

Yeah, Shield Bash feels great to use and it got buffed through the roof. Definitely going to be the first thing I try after the patch.

Sciz

Very happy to see that they realized the balance issues are much more on the side of everyone else needing to be pulled up rather than just kicking wizards in the teeth. Would've liked to see some resource generation improvements, but deeper mechanical changes take more design and testing time, which is why monks didn't get jack. Could've used a Wave of Light cost nerf.

SRTtoZ

Fuck yea, finally got it for my Barb. Next up: Thunderfury.

jO99uFo.png

They buffed Pyrogeist? Nice

As a Pet WD, I wish there was a way of controlling my pets and making them attack whatever I'm attacking. Also, sometimes my Gargantuan just doesn't do anything, anyone knows why?

Otnopolit

Speaking of Crusaders, I'm a little turned off at how many Legendary weapons they've gotten that change how skills work as opposed to the original five classes. Monk barely has any =/

IceMarker

I still think Crusaders have a lot of issues with the skills at their core, so many have no wrath cost at all and the high cooldowns are a general turn off. Damage was not their only problem.

TP

sometimes i wonder if i've ever done anything to offend the mystic

jILYmxg.png

Edit: oh I guess not
Thank you mystic

X0XhRKw.png

GorillaJu

I'd like to think this is blizzard acknowledging that things are off where they should be, and is just the first necessary step before things are retuned mechanically instead of just by the numbers.

I am looking forward to tweaking my build a lot. It's built around the premise that Fires of Heaven is a no-brainer choice for Wrath Spender. Gonna try some Fist of the Heavens and of course Shield Bash.

I'm confused about how the Shield Bash numbers work though. 500% of your block chance as damage... But a block chance is a %. Is it like, (block amount * 1.chance * 5.00)? Not sure about that one.

Punish is also buffed quite a bit. Is there an electric dmg Punish? If not, might be that +physical with Shield Bash or Sweep is the way to go right now for that.

Sciz

Monks are perfect apparently! /s

Monks need some serious skill diversity work, but the numbers on what they do have aren't nearly as bad (again, WoL notwithstanding) as some of the other issues being addressed here. I'm betting 2.1 comes with some more significant changes in tow.

I'm confused about how the Shield Bash numbers work though. 500% of your block chance as damage... But a block chance is a %. Is it like, (block amount * 1.chance * 5.00)? Not sure about that one.

My thinking on that has been that it's converting block% to weapon damage, such that a 30% block chance shield having 300% of that value added to the attack is contributing another 90% weapon damage in the end. It's certainly not clear though, and I could be way off base.

traveler

Not Wario
Getting past the usefulness of paper dps now- here's a question for you, GAF.

I'm leveling my my monk tonight to get him to 70 with the community buff's help and right after I hit 69, a legendary ring drops. I check it and I'm incredibly disappointed initially. It's a Stone of Jordan with fire damage- the exact ring I was looking for on my fire Crusader. Why did it have to hit at 69? Why did it have to hit on my monk?!?!

Then I actually look at the stats and realize they're mostly % based anyways, and, with fire dmg, as, and elite dmg, I only really need to reroll the dex. This is the ring after one reroll and my current ring:

4xhXa9S.png

I realize that even after I hit a perfect cc or crit dmg roll, my sheet is going to whine about the loss, but I'm assuming that being all in on fire (this ring would put me up to 116% fire damage) and getting that elite damage, it's still worth it. Yay/nay?

GorillaJu

Speaking of Crusaders, I'm a little turned off at how many Legendary weapons they've gotten that change how skills work as opposed to the original five classes. Monk barely has any =/

There are very few that do this for Crusader. Only one that I can think of (remove cost to cast Blessed Shield). The others are just things that buff the abilities in standard ways, eg making an ability shoot three times instead of 1, doubling duration of a shitty buff, etc.

People cite legendaries as a reason why Crusaders aren't that far in the trench. So for those of us who haven't the luck to get those better legs I guess were just supposed to suck it up?

Moff

goddamn it,,literally the only skill that made the crusader Kind of decent, is nerfed? heavens fury with the fires of heaven rune was literally the only ability that did some damage. I cant believe this.
I really wante to play another class than the wizard, I tried it, and the crusader was no fun at all, and now he is even more worthless. I'm aware people cry all the time with nerfs and I'm one of them, but I just lost literally all motivation to play the crusader again. I was certain he would get a big buff because he was so clearly underpowered, weak, and even quite squishy. I didnt expect them to nerf the only thing that did a little bit damage

scy

It's literally the Block Chance% * the listed value added to the multiplier.

Edit: So Shield Bash's 740% + 500% * Block Chance with a 30% Block Chance == 740% + (500% * 30%) == 740% + 150% = 890% Weapon Damage attack.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing a lot of people posting profiles with 800k~ DPS and 4 million~ toughness, but very little healing. How do you all get by without a good healing rating?

scy

Seeing a lot of people posting profiles with 800k~ DPS and 4 million~ toughness, but very little healing. How do you all get by without a good healing rating?

I have 1480 Healing on my sheet but ~2000 Life per Wrath Spent. It just doesn't show up on the sheet.

My DH is feeling pretty sad with 160k DPS (pre-buff) and 2m toughness. :( At max crit chance with the Sharpshooter passive it only jumps up to 260k ish

I wish DPS factors turrets though. I'm not sure how my DPS is going since I use Custom Engineering plus around ~25% bonus sentry damage from items.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

- Don't get hit much
- A lot of mitigation (AR)
- Pots

Has worked out increasingly well for my Wizard at least, sitting at glorious 1k healing rating.

Baliis

I just don't get hit, kill things fast, then pick up globes to restore whatever I do have. Plus potion as an oh shit button.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I have 1480 Healing on my sheet but ~2000 Life per Wrath Spent. It just doesn't show up on the sheet.

Interesting. Never thought about pursuing that stat.

I'm sitting at around 460k damage, 5.5 million toughness and 22k healing (split about evenly between life per second and life per hit) and I still feel like I'm kind of squishy. I can do Torment 1 just fine, but Torment 2 is rough.

- Don't get hit much
- A lot of mitigation (AR)
- Pots

Has worked out increasingly well for my Wizard at least, sitting at glorious 1k healing rating.

I just don't get hit, kill things fast, then pick up globes to restore whatever I do have. Plus potion as an oh shit button.

Maybe my skills just suck, but I don't see how "not get hit" is really much of an option in many of the tighter spaces. It doesn't really apply to me as a Barbarian, either, though.

GorillaJu

goddamn it,,literally the only skill that made the crusader Kind of decent, is nerfed? heavens fury with the fires of heaven rune was literally the only ability that did some damage. I cant believe this.
I really wante to play another class than the wizard, I tried it, and the crusader was no fun at all, and now he is even more worthless. I'm aware people cry all the time with nerfs and I'm one of them, but I just lost literally all motivation to play the crusader again. I was certain he would get a big buff because he was so clearly underpowered, weak, and even quite squishy. I didnt expect them to nerf the only thing that did a little bit damage

Haha this is exactly what I called. I posted here a few days ago I expect Fires of Heaven to get nerfed but everything else to get buffed. Give it a shot before you cry foul.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I'm sitting at around 460k damage, 5.5 million toughness and 22k healing (split about evenly between life per second and life per hit) and I still feel like I'm kind of squishy. I can do Torment 1 just fine, but Torment 2 is rough.

Maybe my skills just suck, but I don't see how "not get hit" is really much of an option in many of the tighter spaces. It doesn't really apply to me as a Barbarian, either, though.
Yeah, obviously a different story with a melee class.

I played a DH through vanilla pre-nerf Inferno, the "don't get hit" part for me is muscle memory from that. :D

How much mitigation do you have (armor and res)? I think that is more important than having vitality inflate the number because basically each health point is "worth more" and you can heal back. You have a lot of healing, so you actually be doing fine and without seeing your profile (and going off the sheet numbers you are saying) I would have guessed you would be surviving t2 alright.

Also classes like Wizards are really, really good at not getting hit. Even if you have crap dps as a wizard, you can help out a team a lot just by the amount of cc and clearing projectile/affixes so they wouldn't need to eat damage. When people party with me and it's a melee class, it's important to try to give them some breathing room, especially if they are gonna eat it right in front of an electrified elite. So doing something like an event horizon blackhole on top of them (the elite or wherever the affix is) does wonders.

Dahbomb

You basically farm at the difficulty where you kill stuff before they do significant damage to you. You kill one mob of an Elite and it drops a health globe so that's normally enough life sustain. This is assuming you have a ton of mitigation because if you don't you will still get clobbered. Aim for mid 1000 resistances. Also try to get some life per Wrath spent.

Playing in groups helps takes the pressure off you and it's recommended that you do play with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom