• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

How th hell you got so much money? I bearly reach million, maybe because of the gem crafting

I came into RoS with 30 mil by selling all my gems, mats, and plans before the auction house went down.

Sell your rares, I hover between 20 and 30 million by selling my rares
I'll probably be back to 30 mil by tomorrow

Trickster

Seeing a lot of people posting profiles with 800k~ DPS and 4 million~ toughness, but very little healing. How do you all get by without a good healing rating?

Healing stats are very undesirable to have on gear atm. Which is due to how badly it's scaled from lvl 60 to 70. At lvl 60 it was around 2½ more effective than it is at lvl 70. So overall you'd be much better off getting more toughness to help you survive. For healing you can then rely on potions, health globes and your templars abilities.

OH MAN THOSE WIZARD NERFS DOE!

Buffing the other classes is a much better solution to wizards being too strong comparatively to those other classes.

Healing stats are very undesirable to have on gear atm. Which is due to how badly it's scaled from lvl 60 to 70. At lvl 60 it was around 2½ more effective than it is at lvl 70. So overall you'd be much better off getting more toughness to help you survive. For healing you can then rely on potions, health globes and your templars abilities.

If you get a mirrorball (wiz source that can give 2 extra magic missiles) it literally triples your life on hit. I just got one, put my paragon points in loh for the hell of it and took it on a test run through t5. I can actually see my health globe jump up at points.

FeD.nL

Didn't expect FoH to be nerfed so heavily. Ah well i'm just going to continue my crusade as a divine Max Payne bashing skulls in and finishing them off with my holy shotgun. I might go back to running phalanx though.

Glad to see what they've done with the Crusader; shield bash getting the respect it deserves. Was really hoping they'd up the attack speed on zeal slash rune as crush is currently way better. I'm all about attack speed for the life on hit and wrath regen, plus my crusader is holy damage based.

Wallach

Thank god Frozen Orb still untouched.

Working as intended I suppose. lol

Well, you'll want to actually wait until Tuesday to make sure. I still think that if they do nerf FO it'll be the same way they nerfed Ball Lightning originally, which won't get found via data mining since these are compiled from mined text strings. Ball Lightning's tooltip never changed, they just split the damage per hit in half because it was "expected" that each orb hit at least twice as it passed.

After 11 flawless imperial topazes later, this is all the higher crit dmg I could get. Not entirely happy with that as it's 10% lower than the ring I replaced. But DPS went up because of attack speed.

2lJ4xML.png

Such glass. Many cannon.

Well, you'll want to actually wait until Tuesday to make sure. I still think that if they do nerf FO it'll be the same way they nerfed Ball Lightning originally, which won't get found via data mining since these are compiled from mined text strings. Ball Lightning's tooltip never changed, they just split the damage per hit in half because it was "expected" that each orb hit at least twice as it passed.

Oh shit..we're not out of the woods yet!

How th hell you got so much money? I bearly reach million, maybe because of the gem crafting

I can't comment for him but I get gold via a bounty in act 4 that's relatively easy to complete in Torment 6. It rewards 420,000 gold. I can complete that in under 10 minutes.

It's "clear the hell rift." Requires that you kill all enemies on the 2nd level. If it's "Kill Sledge" or "Kill Hammersmash" I create a new game and check again.

The enemies there are pretty easy to avoid so I never really worry about dying. The only thing to worry about is if Sledge actually spawns on the 2nd level. His "jailer" ability actually does dmg when it locks you in place which is the most bullshit thing in the entire game because it's impossible to avoid. Free dmg. Good design, Bliz.

I came into RoS with 30 mil by selling all my gems, mats, and plans before the auction house went down.

Sell your rares, I hover between 20 and 30 million by selling my rares
I'll probably be back to 30 mil by tomorrow
Well... I was salvaging all my loot but since I got tons of crafting material so I started selling it, but still, gem crafting consumes money out of proportion

Whooter

N00b time:

Hey guys is there some kind of a guide to Enchanting out there? Every time I take a look at trying to enchant something, my eyes glaze over. I don't know what stats are preferable to others. Certain stats you always want to get rid of in favor of something else?

Thanks!

scy

Personally, I just sell all yellows I get from rifts instead of salvaging them. Nets me ~100k gold per full inventory per rift on top of the gold found in there. I make a few million gold per day running rifts.

TheYanger

Gems are RIDICULOUS expensive, but keep in mind you basically only have to craft like, a half dozen of every type of gem ever. Way less unless you play tons of alts or want to craft a ton of set pieces that use them for some reason. I think it's a pretty fair sink, the highest tiers of gem are VERY substantial upgrades, gives you something to work towards that will always make your character better.

SRTtoZ

Shard of hate has changed my life. I can now do T2-T3 and melt down the mobs. Before this I had to use every cooldown and WoTB to get down elites/bosses. Pls dont nerf.

So BiS weapons for Barb are SoH+TF combo right?
Seeing so many Wiz with TF is making me so jealous.

Yes but not only BiS, it turns them into killing machines. Without either one of these weapons barbs hit like wet noodles.

Gems are RIDICULOUS expensive, but keep in mind you basically only have to craft like, a half dozen of every type of gem ever. Way less unless you play tons of alts or want to craft a ton of set pieces that use them for some reason. I think it's a pretty fair sink, the highest tiers of gem are VERY substantial upgrades, gives you something to work towards that will always make your character better.

Agreed. The only issue I have with the costs is how it is structured. The Marquise to Imperial step should be much cheaper. They could shift the costs up the chain, but that step should be cheaper. After I made the Flawless Royal gems that I needed, I just stopped moving Marquise to Imperial. Imperials drop and I already have what I need, I am not going to drop 100 million gold to upgrade gems when all I need to do is wait for the Imperial gems to drop.

Lain

I would re-roll the Disintegrate to a spell I'd use (Magic Missile or Arcane Orb).

I'm gonna do that as soon as I have some mats.

The most common Mirrorball builds tend to be Fire Wizards with MM:Conflag so I'd probably suggest just going that route and reroll Disintegrate into Wave of Force or Meteor damage, depending on which spender you'd prefer (Wave is the better choice imo). Most the other stats you could roll in place of the CDR aren't that great.

Edit: Of course, if you already have all sorts of +Cold% stuff and have been rocking Frozen Orb as is, it may be easier to just stick with that route instead but you'd ultimately do more damage with the Fire spec down the road.

I was using Disintegrate as a spender along with some Frozen Orb (my +elemental dmg on the equip were -and still are- all over the place; before the mirrorball and a change in neck it was like 37% arcane, 25% Lightning, 23% Fire, 20% cold), though I switched to using Wave of Force after your post just to see how I'd like it and I'm finding it even better for how I'm playing.
I'm just going to need some legendary materials though to reroll the Mirrorball, since I burned all the (little) leg mats I had to reroll a socket on that Wizardspike below I had in my backpack for a couple of days but that I didn't identify until tonight.
It ended up being a little worse than the weapon I was using before, but that effect is too cool.
Now I just need to find how to find those cool +20% Fire damage gloves I've seen posted in here to keep advancing on this road.
nXF.png

Loving this Wizardspike

Maximus.

Thank you unexpected EXP bonus weekend! Got my wizard to 70 to allow me to have some fun in adventure mode. Feel like putting my Crusader in the back burner until that class gets the proper fixes.

Yep, DH still worse than Wizard in almost every way.
Less DPS, less survivabilty and only a little bit better mobility.

The survivability especially is just so bad comparably. Wizs running around with 7000-8000 int or so have amazing extra 700-800 ar. Meanwhile.. 7478 Dex grant me whooping 34.44% dodge chance at lvl 70.

Yay, only 2 out of 3 attacks completely destroy me.

Never followed patches from the start, but was there not a point when DH was the best? I really wish wikis were as informative as LOL.

Yep, the first few weeks after Diablo 3 Vanilla startet.
Then they nerfed Smoke Screen and Nether Tentacles ...
now DH are still squishy as hell, but don't make up for it by having more DPS than other classes.

I don't say DH are really bad right now, I like playing mine. But you don't get much in return for being the squishiest of all classes.

Never followed patches from the start, but was there not a point when DH was the best? I really wish wikis were as informative as LOL.

They had infinite smokescreen before because a set gave them insane discipline regen. But I guess that would be after wizards got nerfed because they had invincible archon bug and force armor where wizards had 0 vit, slight health regen and dps making them gods in vanilla inferno.

I didn't build a full fire cluster arrow dh yet (I have a 60 cindercoat and not much else) but from what it's been sounding that might have the best burst atm. Though the most annoying thing of being a DH is trying to regain hatred and going pew pew with those tiny hungering arrows is the least fun part. Though running preparation with the hatred rune is definitely nice if you can rotate it and your discipline usage.

BigDug13

Can't believe Haunt is getting buffed that much. 50 mana basically makes it spamable to make sure everyone is Dotted. My Quetzalcoatl helm makes haunt and locusts do double damage. 4000% weapon damage in 6 seconds, continuous with the passive for haunt? Holy crap! Add locusts and my belt that adds 80% slow to enemies affected by locusts. Another 1500% damage over 4 seconds, continuous.

Something like 1000% weapon damage per second to everything on the screen with really slow moving enemies makes it a great kiting build.

Also, I've noticed that Frozen piranha rune makes Grasp of the Dead a completely useless ability now. Stronger slow with a 15% increase in damage inflicted on enemies with the same recast timer and radius. Add that passive to make it a permanent 15% damage increase against them and Grasp of the Dead ends up with no place on anyone's skill bar IMO. Piranhas look cooler and have way more group utility and stronger slow effect.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Passed 500K DPS / 5.4 million toughness on my WD tonight.

I've hit the point where pretty much all slots are min/maxed enchanted rares. A lot of the Legs that drop aren't even upgrades, at least out of the box. And I generally don't have the gold or materials to re-roll Legendary stats very much at all.

Sooo after a steady and satisfying upgrade pace, I can now expect to be stuck with what I have for a while. Which is fine, given that it's enough to comfortably get me through solo Torment 1 runs. Seems like this plateau was likely intended by Blizzard.

I spent literally all my millions in gold and mats - I have 50K gold to my name is all. So I'll probably just relax and experiment with builds, run some rifts with friends, and help to build that gold total back up.

EditL And of course become an alt-o-holic. Who needs other video games? :)

Can't believe Haunt is getting buffed that much. 50 mana basically makes it spamable to make sure everyone is Dotted. My Quetzalcoatl helm makes haunt and locusts do double damage. 4000% weapon damage in 6 seconds, continuous with the passive for haunt? Holy crap! Add locusts and my belt that adds 80% slow to enemies affected by locusts. Another 1500% damage over 4 seconds, continuous.

Something like 1000% weapon damage per second to everything on the screen with really slow moving enemies makes it a great kiting build.

Haunt Now costs 50 mana (down from 200). Now deals 4000% weapon damage (up from 1465%). Now deals the damage over 12 seconds (up from 6)

Think you are missing something. It is a buff, just not as much because of the 12 sec.

jersoc

pretty sure torment rifts are bugged or something. t1 and 2 are awful, like 1 leg for hours. then me and another in gafo run normal and i get 4 drops in an hour. i don't even.

Lethal

Neo Member
Why have monks been CONSTANTLY shit on since vanilla? I remember reading patch notes every update from 1.01 and anticipating that elusive monk buff. It never came. Some sad shit. Dont know why I have stuck with this class for so long... SoulRelease#1241 to see my gear on US

So here's my Guide for Act 5 Split Chest runs. I recommend looking at the doc as it has somewhat better formatting. Probably gonna put in on reddit tomorrow as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/167bUhM9GLM-3fNfqVEjGCWjaHHQwApilmEsJsZNrMwo/edit?usp=sharing

NaDannMaGoGo’s Act 5 Split Chest Run

How it works

• Campaign Mode Last Quest, ‘Kill Malthael’
  • Torment 6 Difficulty
  • Your Equipment and Skills should be suited for max. toughness (more importantly mitigation) and mobility
All players split up and run through certain areas thoroughly, openening every chest available. Once everyone is done all players just backtrack to the other areas and check their minimap for legendary drops (star indicators), a process that doesn’t take a lot of time.

This works because chests (and destructibles?) drop items for every player, whether they’re present in the area or not. At Torment 6 the chest drop rate is at its highest.

Benefits
  1. 10-15min runs, no need to constantly restart the game
  2. possibly the currently highest legendary/hour ratio (should be easily around 6-7 per hour on average)
  3. decently fun in comparison to other short chest runs (still less fun than proper play of course)
Areas with a worthwhile chest spawn rate
  1. Westmarch Heights (some chests can be under destructibles)
  2. Passage to Corvus
  3. Ruins of Corvus
  4. Pandemonium Fortress 1
  5. Pandemonium Fortress 2
  6. Abandoned Siege Camp (has no enemies and 2-4 chests)
  7. Paths of the Drowned
Caves in Paths of the Drowned
  • Putrid Hovel (2 easy chests)
  • Wretched Hole (2 easy chests AND turn over Maggot Brood corpse!)
  • Bogan Warren (3 easy chests most of the time)
  • (False) Passages to Corvus (two of these are short with few chests, one is large with many)
  • Winding Cave
  • The Hunters Den (2 Maggot Brood corpses to be turned around)
  • Caverns of Luray 1 (level 2 not worth it)
  • Perilious Cave 1 (level 2 not worth it)
Some more notes and tips

Clear the areas in their entirety, that is, visit every room. There are many rooms that could contain 2, 3 or even 4 chests and make an area worthwhile in the first placet.

The variance of chest numbers per area can be quite huge. So don’t be surprised if an area has deceptively few chests on some runs.

Make use of waypoints. If you ran through one area quickly and have a lot to left discover, it may be worth porting to the waypoint again instead of backtracking by walking.

The ‘Homing Pads’ shoulders that allow you to TP out in battle can prove really useful for this run.

Except for checking all the cave areas in the ‘Path of the Drowned’ you can simply visit each area quickly via waypoint, check the minimap for the legendary star-indicators and move to the next or pick up said legendaries. So this really shouldn’t take long.

Maggot Brood corpses seem to drop as much as chests..

This run works best with 4 players but even when you’re playing alone the drop ratio can be pretty high.

Warning

When running with three or four players the game session can become super buggy if you run through a lot of areas. Because the Corvus dungeons (incl. the fake Passage) and Paths of the Drowned spawn a lot of small enemies and the amount of item drops for 3-4 players is very high as well, there seems to be some kind of overflow issue. When that happens items that are dropped immediately disappear from the ground and entire areas reset, which means you cannot backtrack them.

For that reason, for 3-4 player parties it may be adviced to not do the Paths of the Drowned area and its caves while simulatenously doing the other areas.

---

Thanks to teowind, Killroy and FixateDCraB for running and testing this with me.
I’m be interested in anyone trying this and recording their statistics.

Thanks for posting. I'm teowind in D3 and thought I'd share my input on this since we've ran many hours of this during the weekend.

Toughness and speed are key in these runs. You want at least 25M+ in toughness for things to go as smooth as possible. Also try to get as many escape abilities and speed boosting abilities as your toughness allows. You need no damage, so an item with only toughness boosting stats are better than a balanced item.

Stick to the same areas from run to run so you find out how the layout is most often generated. You want as little backtracking as possible while completely clearing the map.

The droprate has varied from awesome to meh - the first hours we did I got about 7 legs/h, but yesterday it was much less.

These runs require a lot of attention and can be quite taxing doing for hours at a time. Make sure you're taking breaks or you'll start to get sloppy.

Dark_castle

So here's my Guide for Act 5 Split Chest runs. I recommend looking at the doc as it has somewhat better formatting. Probably gonna put in on reddit tomorrow as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/167bUhM9GLM-3fNfqVEjGCWjaHHQwApilmEsJsZNrMwo/edit?usp=sharing

NaDannMaGoGo’s Act 5 Split Chest Run

How it works

• Campaign Mode Last Quest, ‘Kill Malthael’
  • Torment 6 Difficulty
  • Your Equipment and Skills should be suited for max. toughness (more importantly mitigation) and mobility
All players split up and run through certain areas thoroughly, openening every chest available. Once everyone is done all players just backtrack to the other areas and check their minimap for legendary drops (star indicators), a process that doesn’t take a lot of time.

This works because chests (and destructibles?) drop items for every player, whether they’re present in the area or not. At Torment 6 the chest drop rate is at its highest.

Benefits
  1. 10-15min runs, no need to constantly restart the game
  2. possibly the currently highest legendary/hour ratio (should be easily around 6-7 per hour on average)
  3. decently fun in comparison to other short chest runs (still less fun than proper play of course)
Areas with a worthwhile chest spawn rate
  1. Westmarch Heights (some chests can be under destructibles)
  2. Passage to Corvus
  3. Ruins of Corvus
  4. Pandemonium Fortress 1
  5. Pandemonium Fortress 2
  6. Abandoned Siege Camp (has no enemies and 2-4 chests)
  7. Paths of the Drowned
Caves in Paths of the Drowned
  • Putrid Hovel (2 easy chests)
  • Wretched Hole (2 easy chests AND turn over Maggot Brood corpse!)
  • Bogan Warren (3 easy chests most of the time)
  • (False) Passages to Corvus (two of these are short with few chests, one is large with many)
  • Winding Cave
  • The Hunters Den (2 Maggot Brood corpses to be turned around)
  • Caverns of Luray 1 (level 2 not worth it)
  • Perilious Cave 1 (level 2 not worth it)
Some more notes and tips

Clear the areas in their entirety, that is, visit every room. There are many rooms that could contain 2, 3 or even 4 chests and make an area worthwhile in the first placet.

The variance of chest numbers per area can be quite huge. So don’t be surprised if an area has deceptively few chests on some runs.

Make use of waypoints. If you ran through one area quickly and have a lot to left discover, it may be worth porting to the waypoint again instead of backtracking by walking.

The ‘Homing Pads’ shoulders that allow you to TP out in battle can prove really useful for this run.

Except for checking all the cave areas in the ‘Path of the Drowned’ you can simply visit each area quickly via waypoint, check the minimap for the legendary star-indicators and move to the next or pick up said legendaries. So this really shouldn’t take long.

Maggot Brood corpses seem to drop as much as chests..

This run works best with 4 players but even when you’re playing alone the drop ratio can be pretty high.

Warning

When running with three or four players the game session can become super buggy if you run through a lot of areas. Because the Corvus dungeons (incl. the fake Passage) and Paths of the Drowned spawn a lot of small enemies and the amount of item drops for 3-4 players is very high as well, there seems to be some kind of overflow issue. When that happens items that are dropped immediately disappear from the ground and entire areas reset, which means you cannot backtrack them.

For that reason, for 3-4 player parties it may be adviced to not do the Paths of the Drowned area and its caves while simulatenously doing the other areas.

---

Thanks to teowind, Killroy and FixateDCraB for running and testing this with me.
I’m be interested in anyone trying this and recording their statistics.

Thanks for these. Do you (or anyone familiar with this run) have any recommended toughness and equipment choices that help raises that and mobility?

Also is the 6/7per hour from group or solo?

Arkanius

Dem datamined patches.
I have been using Sweep with the Lightning rune lately as a Wrath spender. I find a good way to mitigate damage is paralyzing the shit out of mobs while doing damage.

And now it's getting buffed? Hell yeah.
Wrath generation is still shit.

Equipment still comes skewed towards Vitality and Strength. We don't want more Vitality as a Crusader, we want All Res.

Enosh

soo got to 60, I don't have the money this month (or the next 2 maybe -.-) to get RoS, so none of that fancy adventure mode and rifts for me

kinda wondering what's a good place to farm some legendaries, because from I'm seeing lvl 60 yellows don't get much better do they
also legendary weapons can go to hell, got now like 3 weapons in a row, none of them that great, I do have some other slots to fill game!

had a green plan drop, that's set stuff right? but when i learned it I found it's a 30 something belt, how come this drooped with me being 60? I thought it's supposed to drop level appropriate gear

and going that frost orb build on my wizard was hilarious, I used to have problems with bosses in expert with my old shitty build, with this I'm doing master easier than I did expert before ^^

ElyrionX

Thanks for posting. I'm teowind in D3 and thought I'd share my input on this since we've ran many hours of this during the weekend.

Toughness and speed are key in these runs. You want at least 25M+ in toughness for things to go as smooth as possible. Also try to get as many escape abilities and speed boosting abilities as your toughness allows. You need no damage, so an item with only toughness boosting stats are better than a balanced item.

Stick to the same areas from run to run so you find out how the layout is most often generated. You want as little backtracking as possible while completely clearing the map.

The droprate has varied from awesome to meh - the first hours we did I got about 7 legs/h, but yesterday it was much less.

These runs require a lot of attention and can be quite taxing doing for hours at a time. Make sure you're taking breaks or you'll start to get sloppy.

I assume the legs/hr go down significantly if trying to run this solo?

Also, are you or anyone else up for running this with me? I have a Wiz who ran T6 Arreat Core pretty efficiently with virtually no deaths.

Shit
Please someone tell me I can save this.

Re-roll resource reduction?

Yes, into socket.

Thanks for these. Do you (or anyone familiar with this run) have any recommended toughness and equipment choices that help raises that and mobility?

Also is the 6/7per hour from group or solo?

See my post above.

I assume the legs/hr go down significantly if trying to run this solo?

Also, are you or anyone else up for running this with me? I have a Wiz who ran T6 Arreat Core pretty efficiently with virtually no deaths.

The beauty is that since you all farm different areas, you have a chance for legs to drop there as well. Mathematically you'd get only 1/4 of the legs compared to a full party - however yesterday i got 5 out of 6 legs from my own clears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom