• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

I'll fire up T3 tonight and see how it goes though.

I did it with 500k health and 800 res (Should mention I run the superstition passive which is 20% elemental reduction) all but with 40k regen. The jump to T4 was survivable as well but I couldn't kill anything in a reasonable amount of time. Did an Act I run of bounties on T4 and Skeleton King took about 15 minutes to kill.

Paches

The problem with blizzards hardcoded random: has anyone ever seen such uniques as 2,500 dps ? Hell, 3,000 is a dream at this point.

I found a 2H sword last night that had near perfect rolls and had 2,997 DPS. Too bad I am a wizard and it was still a giant downgrade if I had equipped it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How much mitigation do you have (armor and res)? I think that is more important than having vitality inflate the number because basically each health point is "worth more" and you can heal back. You have a lot of healing, so you actually be doing fine and without seeing your profile (and going off the sheet numbers you are saying) I would have guessed you would be surviving t2 alright.

Also classes like Wizards are really, really good at not getting hit. Even if you have crap dps as a wizard, you can help out a team a lot just by the amount of cc and clearing projectile/affixes so they wouldn't need to eat damage. When people party with me and it's a melee class, it's important to try to give them some breathing room, especially if they are gonna eat it right in front of an electrified elite. So doing something like an event horizon blackhole on top of them (the elite or wherever the affix is) does wonders.

I'll have to check. I admit I haven't been paying attention to resists and armor as much as I did before the introduced "toughness" and "damage."

I remember back in pre-nerf Inferno that All Resist was pretty much required on everything to even scrape by. I think I had around 800 in each resist before they first nerfed the difficulty.

traveler

Not Wario
Is there an optimal way to farm gold and imperials? legs are all but useless to me right now as I already have a queue of upgrades that need to be rerolled before being used. I'm broke and basically have to do several runs to work up the 900k needed to reroll my rings (unless I run into an imperial of the relevant type) only to get one shot and find out, nope, not this time. Bounties seem to be best for money, but I haven't come across a good way of getting imperials. I guess if it's just a constant drop rate across difficulties and item sources, there really isn't a way of pursuing them specifically.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After 11 flawless imperial topazes later, this is all the higher crit dmg I could get. Not entirely happy with that as it's 10% lower than the ring I replaced. But DPS went up because of attack speed.

Such glass. Many cannon.

I have no idea how you have those stats... It's like incomprehensible to me.

Does loot get insanely better in the higher levels of Torment or something? I just can't see how you can get there.

Is this a reference to Dwarf Fortress or am I missing something?

I had two of these fall within 2 min of each other. One was hot trash and was salvaged right away. The other just needed a soc. I rolled like 5-10 times and ran out of souls. Harvested a couple more legs to salvage for re-rolls and instead salvaged the axe ...,

I have no idea how you have those stats... It's like incomprehensible to me.

Does loot get insanely better in the higher levels of Torment or something? I just can't see how you can get there.

You can see my gear here, more or less. A few of the stats are bugged for some reason (mirrorball dmg is 3xx-3xx, crit dmg on gloves is 46%, etc etc).

The in-game DPS is with unwavering will active. So those are my stats when I'm standing still. Which is often, considering that's generally my playstyle.

With no skills active at all, my DPS is 1.26 million. That gets bumped up to about 1.38 million with unwavering will. Magic weapon\familiar\energy armor boost my dmg to what you see in that screenshot.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I had two of these fall within 2 min of each other. One was hot trash and was salvaged right away. The other just needed a soc. I rolled like 5-10 times and ran out of souls. Harvested a couple more legs to salvage for re-rolls and instead salvaged the axe ...,

the pain is deep

Dark_castle

Yeah my Serpent Starker + Arcane Hydra seems to help me push for more effective dps than my previously equipped Chantodo wand + Sparkflint despite the lowered sheet dps.

J-Rzez

The past few days have been rough, basically since the day they boosted XP. Seems my drop rates plummeted. I'm getting one legendary every 3-4 hours now (let alone anything of use). It's just odd how my drop rate dropped off so hard and hasn't picked up since.

I tried chaining rifts, bounties, manglemaw, and chest runs, and nothing is changing it up. It's odd.

Shifty76

I did it with 500k health and 800 res (Should mention I run the superstition passive which is 20% elemental reduction) all but with 40k regen. The jump to T4 was survivable as well but I couldn't kill anything in a reasonable amount of time. Did an Act I run of bounties on T4 and Skeleton King took about 15 minutes to kill.

Superstition also = barb = a metric shit ton of armour, which us monks can only dream about. Well, unless we dedicate a bunch of skills towards boosting it anyway.

garath

I know I should have been grinding paragon but I couldn't help myself. My crusader was gaining about 10 levels an hour. I'm 60 now. Decent dps too at 100k.

Hellfire ring + helm gem + community xp + level 70 weapon with - 23 level requirement = Levels levels levels.

Going to have to back it down to expert and finish out these last 10 quick though. Don't want any good legendary drops under 70 hehe.

Miletius

Think I'm ready for T1? I think I'm getting close -- still feel a little bit squishy, especially when I get into a hairy situation. I could go with a defensive mantra though, might help with those rare instances where I am cornered.

I'm working on getting that staff a socket, and then maybe new shoulder pads and amulet are priorities. I could also socket Life into the helm or CD reduction.

satori

Lost my HC over stupidity. I don't think I can do it again. I have very limited time to play due to work. Gonna play HC when I retire or something lol. BTW Fuk you lag/frozen/firechain combo! :(

Granadier

Think I'm ready for T1? I think I'm getting close -- still feel a little bit squishy, especially when I get into a hairy situation. I could go with a defensive mantra though, might help with those rare instances where I am cornered.

I'm working on getting that staff a socket, and then maybe new shoulder pads and amulet are priorities. I could also socket Life into the helm or CD reduction.

I would run Mantra of Evasion + Hard Target if you are worried about squishiness, but honestly I think you should be good for solo t1.

ithorien

The past few days have been rough, basically since the day they boosted XP. Seems my drop rates plummeted. I'm getting one legendary every 3-4 hours now (let alone anything of use). It's just odd how my drop rate dropped off so hard and hasn't picked up since.

I tried chaining rifts, bounties, manglemaw, and chest runs, and nothing is changing it up. It's odd.

I've been stuck in the same hellhole, and then I started doing normal bounties (provided you're doing all this on torment). Some other friends are experiencing the same; torment's been shit while normal been raining legs.

Can anyone chime in on dual wielding Monks being viable in HC or not? I have always done 1H w/Shield but am considering giving dual wielding a go since I found a decent weapon for my offhand, but am curious to hear from anyone who is familiar with the current HC meta if it's a terrible idea or not.

eek5

Can anyone chime in on dual wielding Monks being viable in HC or not? I have always done 1H w/Shield but am considering giving dual wielding a go since I found a decent weapon for my offhand, but am curious to hear from anyone who is familiar with the current HC meta if it's a terrible idea or not.

I don't see why not. DW means more spirit generation and more spirit means much better survivability in my experience.

Tom Penny

I can now do T4 pretty good with 10m toughness and that is basically attributed to 1900 all resists when running mantra of healing with the 20% resists. I'd have like 1600 which is doable but I actually need the health regen or I'd have like 1000 per second lol. Not helpful when kiting.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just did a bunch of reading about stats and such and finally realized that the general ratings of "Damage," "Toughness," and "Healing" are completely useless. Should have realized that before, but I guess it's better later than never. Wish they never tried to simplify the character sheet, but I'll just ignore these numbers for now and focus on the detailed view.

Pungza

What would be best to re-roll for socket vit or spirit regen?

8k3DC9i.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just did a bunch of reading about stats and such and finally realized that the general ratings of "Damage," "Toughness," and "Healing" are completely useless. Should have realized that before, but I guess it's better later than never. Wish they never tried to simplify the character sheet, but I'll just ignore these numbers for now and focus on the detailed view.

Correct

Stats you want:

Main stat of character
Vitality
Crit chance
Crit damage
increase attack speed (depends if you're bound by attack speed or weap dmg)
all resist
Some life regeneration (life on hit, life per resource spent or life regen, depending on build)

And then +elemental damage to cap it off

Always a struggle to achieve balance as most things are 4 primary and 2 secondary stats

Game over values life per resource spent abd life after kill. First one is useful though, second isnt if you take into account elites and bosses.

Game way over values vitality as toughness.

For damage, it's generally accurate bus IAS can be slightly misleading as it mainly makes your primary and secondary abilities more dangerous

2 Things really need a loot-buff: Goblins and Resplendant Chests
Just saw a Gobling Rift on twitch where 3 people killed like 15 goblins and nobody got a legendary. Thats pretty stupid ...

Tom Penny

Personally if drop blinding flash and use dashing strike. You can dash through walls and out of cages and get out of some fucked up situations. I commend you on being one of the rare 2 hand monks.

J-Rzez

I've been stuck in the same hellhole, and then I started doing normal bounties (provided you're doing all this on torment). Some other friends are experiencing the same; torment's been shit while normal been raining legs.

You're not the only one to tell me that, and it's something similar to what I experienced around launch. I've been hoping to get another usable piece of Nats so I can grab the set bonus off of it as well thus running at least T1/2, but mainly trying for a Calamity/Krider shot which I assume can drop in non-torment.

Granadier

Correct

Stats you want:

Main stat of character
Vitality
Crit chance
Crit damage
increase attack speed (depends if you're bound by attack speed or weap dmg)
all resist
Some life regeneration (life on hit, life per resource spent or life regen, depending on build)

And then +elemental damage to cap it off

Always a struggle to achieve balance as most things are 4 primary and 2 secondary stats

Game over values life per resource spent abd life after kill. First one is useful though, second isnt if you take into account elites and bosses.

Game way over values vitality as toughness.

For damage, it's generally accurate bus IAS can be slightly misleading as it mainly makes your primary and secondary abilities more dangerous

These are in no way an ordered list of priority though, keep in mind.

Shouta

DPS is generally fine to stare at aside form not taking into account bonuses to the skills. Toughness and Healing are kinda junk though.

DSmalls84

I think I'm gonna be sticking with this amulet for a long time. I look forward to elites with arcane sentries now. More heals for me.

One of my favorite pieces of gear! It took me a long time to roll trifecta on mine, but it is an amazing amulet. Don't see myself being able to replace it because of the amazing ability.

BigDug13

I dont use Pierce of Veil, too much mana consuming.
I can't possibly use Spirit Barrage and Zombie Bears and PoV, unless you have a way to and you want to enlighten me :D

Spirit barrage can be used by adding the passive where you gain 100 mana over 10 seconds for every spirit spell. Between haunt, spirit walk, and spirit barrage, especially now that it's cheaper for haunt, it's doable. I usually end up using the mana regen version of spirit barrage and it keeps me attacking at full speed with mana regen on 3 pieces of equipment. It's worth it for the added damage of DoTs from PoT and my Quetzotcoatl helm.

I don't bother with bears. Why do both? I'm full autonomous damage through DoTs and pets with spirit barrage as my singular "stand still to deal damage" skill to take advantage of crits which vampire bats can't do (which is why sycophant builds always disappoint for me. Especially with the random nature of "will I spawn fetishes or not" in that build)

Granadier

DPS is generally fine to stare at aside form not taking into account bonuses to the skills. Toughness and Healing are kinda junk though.

Yep.

My monk has 8.1m toughness right now, but that is caused by a 60% dodge chance, high resists, and high armor.

But that 40% of the time that I get hit I get hit really, really hard.

So it doesn't really reflect the ability to survive.

Instro

2 Things really need a loot-buff: Goblins and Resplendant Chests
Just saw a Gobling Rift on twitch where 3 people killed like 15 goblins and nobody got a legendary. Thats pretty stupid ...

Rather than buffing them in a major way, they should make it so that every goblin you kill and every resplendent chest you open increases your chances of getting a leg until one drops for you.

We just did a bunch of my Chest Split Runs and had once again decent success.To those who are interested in efficiency that don't mind that kind of gameplay I recommend forming a 4 man party and give it a go.

PS: Feels nice to enter an area and have it look like this (those are seperate screenshots and areas, not from the same run either btw)
i959HSn.png

In our current run we clear Pande Fortress 1/2, Passage to and Ruins of Corvus, Westmarch Heights and Abandoned Siege. Overall it probably takes around 13-15mins per run and cleanup, of course varying here and there.

We only did like 4-5 runs but I think each of us got around 5-7 legendaries.

taybul

Yep.

My monk has 8.1m toughness right now, but that is caused by a 60% dodge chance, high resists, and high armor.

But that 40% of the time that I get hit I get hit really, really hard.

So it doesn't really reflect the ability to survive.

Also, I believe that it also factors in elemental resistance meaning the value is easily inflated.

MartyStu

Lost my HC over stupidity. I don't think I can do it again. I have very limited time to play due to work. Gonna play HC when I retire or something lol. BTW Fuk you lag/frozen/firechain combo! :(

Frozen is easily the nastiest Elite affix. Closely followed by arcane enchanted.

Bradach

Queued position 113 - 18 minutes left :(

Servers must be busy this evening. I've never seen this queue before though. Is there something going on?

Miletius

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try out both suggestions. I think my monk will be fine in T1, I also don't want to be a detriment to a clearing group, so I'm trying to get myself up and over speed if possible.

Granadier

I used to use dodge..but that doesn't help against the stuff on the ground that kills you. That's what makes resolve worthless.

This is what I'm running into transitioning to T2. I think I may change up my skills/passives in order to move away from dodge.

Mumei

I'm currently on the beginning-ish of Act II. I've just apparently hit a point where you start getting exponential returns on your damage; over the course of the last... quarter of Act I and beginning of Act II, I've gone from doing maybe 400 - 600 critical damage to doing around ~6,000 - 8,000.

It's hard deciding what build to use for my WD, but my pets are so thoroughly useless at this point that I'm not bothering with them anymore. Can we have Necromancer back yet? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom