• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Should've rolled LoH to Crit chance. Attack speed on a Helm is a significant DPS boost because you can't normally get IAS on helm.

Bro you messed up with that helm!
I didn't, i made it better - so much better. You will all see, rolling a secondary will become the new hip thing to do and soon everyone will be doing it :D.

Jubs

I won't lie, i rerolled a secondary on my chest piece to arcane res (i'm stacking arcane res on my monk). Boosted my toughness, so I ain't even mad.

Dahbomb

I won't lie, i rerolled a secondary on my chest piece to arcane res (i'm stacking arcane res on my monk). Boosted my toughness, so I ain't even mad.
That's completely different, tweaking secondary affixes on a Monk is normal (and even encouraged in fact) because of OWE passive. It's actually better than rolling a primary into all res.

eek5

Finally beat act five and started in on Adventure mode. I haven't gotten any upgrades in quite a while. I'm playing on Torment but just haven't been getting legendary drops at all. Maybe one ever two or so hours. Any good advice on ways to get upgrades? I'm also finding Torment to be pretty slow going. Here's my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Danexmurder-1488/hero/40649505

I wouldn't even do torment until you're pushing like 500k sheet w/ elemental bonuses on top. :\

Cruise in normal for loot farming efficiency IMO

Iorv3th

Finally beat act five and started in on Adventure mode. I haven't gotten any upgrades in quite a while. I'm playing on Torment but just haven't been getting legendary drops at all. Maybe one every two or so hours. Any good advice on ways to get upgrades? I'm also finding Torment to be pretty slow going. Here's my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Danexmurder-1488/hero/40649505

Play in a group. I usually get a higher drop rate when doing rifts with 3 other people. Seems that way at least.

My wiz is getting there

zxTKJja.jpg

I just started rerolling all my skill-specific primaries to generic primaries (main stat/vit/res/crit) on all my gear. I just don't want to be tied to certain spells when a new legendary comes my way and changes my build. Am I in the wrong?

Instro

I just started rerolling all my skill-specific primaries to generic primaries (main stat/vit/res/crit) on all my gear. I just don't want to be tied to certain spells when a new legendary comes my way and changes my build. Am I in the wrong?

Wouldn't it have been easier and less costly to wait until a leg like that drops?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
4 people in 4 different acts clearing bounties.

You all get qualified for the Horadric Cache at the end or something?

Unfortunately, I'm mostly a solo player, so that won't work for me... have to be able to pause at any time.

Wouldn't it have been easier and less costly to wait until a leg like that drops?

True. But I started with items that had primaries of skills I didn't even use. Then instead of rerolling it until I got a skill I did use, I just waited for res/vit or whatever to pop up and stopped there.

Dahbomb

Exploding Palm is the best skill in the game and is what makes Monk great in groups.

EP will remain the best skill in the game until they nerf monster health to a point where you can kill enemies before EP comes into play. Seeing as how mobs have ridiculous healths in T6, EP will remain a staple.

eek5

Aye. Still not sure why they felt the need to buff it from 30% to 50% as it was strong even at 30% but I won't argue.

Didn't it happen at the same time they scaled enemy health down in parties? I'm guessing one team was solving the problem with EP doing almost no damage in parties because it was 30% of original enemy health and the other team was fixing the issue with playing in parties not being fun and it ended up being a double buff or something.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Weird. Seems almost like an exploit, but I guess the game is harder for everyone--not that that really matters on Normal.

Never been a fan of stuff like this where the most efficient way to play is something that completely ignores what is ostensibly the way the game is intended to be played.

Dropped another mirrorball that had arcane on crit! But only 1 extra missile.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU Blizzard.
Another Mirrorball... yeah, having a hard time feeling your pain. Gonna go cry over my collection of EVERY SINGLE SOURCE other than Mirrorball. (Yes, my ass aches.)

Won

Weapon/Weapon/Ring/Weapon/Ring/Weapon.....I want to see some variety for once. And no, dropping a Weapon with Int instead of Strength doesn't count!

Zemm

They need to fix the stuttering, it's crazy bad. I have no idea why anyone would play HC when someone coming online can freeze you for a second. So bad.

The Cowboy

Kadala being nice today, 1st 3 rolls and all legendary (i was shocked to say the least).

A set of boots with freeze and immobilize immunity, a Mojo with a 20 yard pickup radius and shoulders with a 33% chance to explode with knifes dealing 200% weapon damage when hit.

Exploding Palm is the best skill in the game and is what makes Monk great in groups.

EP will remain the best skill in the game until they nerf monster health to a point where you can kill enemies before EP comes into play. Seeing as how mobs have ridiculous healths in T6, EP will remain a staple.

EP being so good is a reason why I think monks are intentionally poor single target damage dealers and things like SSS are on long cooldown and such. Could you imagine if a monk could get down a single target really fast and combined that with EP?

Ashodin

3 piece Asheara's ... Aughild's... man I need to Ring of Royal Grandeur these!

So L70 ice climbers only come from Kadala then!?

Kadala being nice today, 1st 3 rolls and all legendary (i was shocked to say the least).

A set of boots with freeze and immobilize immunity, a Mojo with a 20 yard pickup radius and shoulders with a 33% chance to explode with knifes dealing 200% weapon damage when hit.

Oh so you mean just the pretty much best boots in the game and one of the best Mojos too (AFAI).

Yeah... uhm. I want that Kadala of yours.

edit:
Speaking of Monks. When I played mine to lvl 70 and killed Malthael I got the fist that increases EP damage. Mine does 96% Monster Health now. I didn't really play my Monk much yet and I really don't have any good single resist gear set for him. But I'll try to slowly accumulate that or just go with all res/vit/dex stuff and build a defensive Monk that should be able to stay alive in even T6 for prolonged durations. Then I'll just pair up with some damage dealers and maybe it'll work out. I mean 96%... you kill one strong mob and you kill em all.

Although to be frank, when I tried him out in T3 today with some Gaffers I realized that most damage is AoE anyways and it's not like it's really THAT easy to purposely kill a singly target. If it's a bunch of white mobs, a lot of them are gonna be low from Frozen Orb stuff etc. anyways. That said, it still works well enough obviously.

If you just pull in, apply EP and buff/debuff properly, then yeh go Monk.

scy

-

ICE CLIMBERS EXIST

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
There is no one right way to play most games, including Diablo 3. If you want to group, Blizzard is buffing drop rates in rifts, which can only be done as a group.

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will nerf split farming if they don't intend that to be a valid way to play. It just seems weird to me to group up and play completely separately. Not hating on anyone who does it, though.

jblank83

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will nerf split farming if they don't intend that to be a valid way to play. It just seems weird to me to group up and play completely separately. Not hating on anyone who does it, though.

There's still socialization going on. People coordinate and talk. They give each other items and so on.

J2d

I hope they never nerf it since I have a lot of fun playing with builds I would never use if it wasn't for the low difficulty/ fast aspect of it. I hope they fix rifts soon though, they can be awesome and full of great encounters but then you have some rifts that pretty much forces you to explore the whole map and kill every enemy.

Discobird

If you want to group, Blizzard is buffing drop rates in rifts, which can only be done as a group.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the bolded but rifts are totally doable solo and AFAIK the boost they gave to legendary drop rates in rifts still applies when you're solo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom