• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of legendaries/set pieces that are available only in Torment?

I'm thinking about doing some casual farming tonight on Normal or Hard, but want to make sure I won't be missing out on too much.

Is there a list of legendaries/set pieces that are available only in Torment?

I'm thinking about doing some casual farming tonight on Normal or Hard, but want to make sure I won't be missing out on too much.

Yes, but if T1 is slow, I highly recommend just bumping it down to normal or hard and running bounties. It only took a few hours of doing that for me to get geared up on a monk for T1.

Totakeke

Does anyone have a good speedy crusader build for farming lower difficulties? Blessed hammer is slow, heavenly strength is slow, the law rune that grants movement speed doesn't help that much either. T1 clears are not that fast but at least I get to use the skills. Farming normal is even worse because it just means I'm waiting for the mobs to get hit and for steed to come back up.

Does anyone have a good speedy crusader build for farming lower difficulties? Blessed hammer is slow, heavenly strength is slow, the law rune that grants movement speed doesn't help that much either. T1 clears are not that fast but at least I get to use the skills. Farming normal is even worse because it just means I'm waiting for the mobs to get hit and for steed to come back up.

I'm hammers all the way so probably not the right guy to help, but honestly I say wait and see what tomorrow's patch brings. Anything now will likely need to be revamped then.

I'm looking forward to a Fist of the Heavens build.

Totakeke

Yeah, you're right. Won't get to play tonight anyway.

I'm using Schaefer's Hammer and because the attack speed is so slow, I actually don't really have to use any wrath generators if I just spam blessed hammer.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but if T1 is slow, I highly recommend just bumping it down to normal or hard and running bounties. It only took a few hours of doing that for me to get geared up on a monk for T1.

I can do T1 pretty well. Tough elite packs maybe take a minute or so. Rift bosses probably take a couple of minutes, though.

I imagine that would all be reduced to seconds if I bumped it down to normal. I think I'll give it a go tonight and see how it is.

Shifty76

Huh, guess my stats with StI were a lot higher than I remembered:
T3 went without a hitch, but it's nowhere near as efficient as I'd like it to be (can still kill gobs without Epiphany and elites die in one cycle of epiphany) so I think I'll stick to T2 until I can boost my dps a bit
sDDOACy.jpg

So can someone tell me what it's like to level an alt solo now? How long? What difficulty is reasonable? I keep meaning to start another class and I'm curious what to expect.

scy

I just use my normal soloing build but with a 1H/Shield and use the Law passive (or Holy Cause if I had a good Holy Damage weapon) to speed things up. Doing Normal/T1 in that setup is just typically faster / less annoying than with Heavenly Strength even if my kill speed goes down.

after patch. scy has the best setup now for it too. JELLY

Shard of Hate for days.

Going to spend most of tomorrow testing various setups probably.

almost done with hard mode. it unlocks adventure mode right? RoS just extended everything for me. can't even do paragon until 70. can't do anything until after act v. fml

the legendary drop rate for me is terrible. i swear a friend is playing normal and he got more drops than i did since i started from lvl 1 and until now. and he's only done 2 acts so far LOL

ElyrionX

Was reading a bit about the upcoming seasons and ladders. Yeah, if it's going to be like D2 with ladder-only legs and items and where a large percentage of the userbase plays ladder only, that will be the end of the game for me. I've invested too much time into my account to start over and RNG and lack of trading means I may never even get the items I want before ladder is upon us.

DarkJC

Gotta say I'm not really a fan of rerolling a character just to play in ladder mode, but I never played D2 either so I'm not really sure how that all worked

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
almost done with hard mode. it unlocks adventure mode right? RoS just extended everything for me. can't even do paragon until 70. can't do anything until after act v. fml

the legendary drop rate for me is terrible. i swear a friend is playing normal and he got more drops than i did since i started from lvl 1 and until now. and he's only done 2 acts so far LOL

Completing act 5 unlocks adventure mode regardless of difficulty.

And there is no drop bonus for playing hard, expert or master so unless you want a tiny bit more gold and some more exp they are pretty much pointless.

LowParry

I love my monk. I think it's time I start Rifting T3 on my own though need to get some bounties going on T2. Good times :D

ezSHZXU.png

Baliis

Completing act 5 unlocks adventure mode regardless of difficulty.

And there is no drop bonus for playing hard, expert or master so unless you want a tiny bit more gold and some more exp they are pretty much pointless.

Imperial gems drop on master iirc, so it may be worth it to do that.

TheYanger

Gotta say I'm not really a fan of rerolling a character just to play in ladder mode, but I never played D2 either so I'm not really sure how that all worked

I HAVE to imagine some kind of like, you can trade non-ladder but not ladder, or vice versa...I don't know. I mean, Ladder in D2 functioned fine because you could trade, and when the ladder season ends your 'ladder only' unique items would then be off the ladder. If it relies on me RNGing my way into some amazing ladder only weapon it's just going to be terrible.

GorillaJu

Adventure mode is unlocked after completing the campaign on any difficulty.

You will have no problems getting geared up for torment even with shitty legendary drop rates. Most legendaries are really minor or non-upgrades and the enchanter and Kadala mean you can build your character really easily how you want to play without going broke.

The Wizard's Firebird 4set bonus works in hardcore for anyone wondering or curious. (When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 300 second cooldown.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2bI2M1-tk

Pretty awesome set to have on HC

Can only imagine this will get adjusted for HC. I don't know, maybe not...but it seems rather BS to be honest. It utterly changes the entire purpose of HC for one class.

Are Hallowed Barricade and other shields getting fixed?

The mentioned it would require a patch, it hasn't been clarified if this is THE patch though.

Can only imagine this will get adjusted for HC. I don't know, maybe not...but it seems rather BS to be honest. It utterly changes the entire purpose of HC for one class.

It's not BS at all. Wizard's already have the Unstable Anomaly passive and Witch Doctor's have Spirit Vessel. When their hp hits 0, they gain some hp back (A little under half for the wiz) and unleash a wave to pushback or go into spirit walk respectively. They also are on a 60 second cooldown. All this does is just give them a 2nd layer of safety, which wizard's could also layer on top of that something like the familiar's ancient guardian rune to absorb a potentially fatal hit.

So can someone tell me what it's like to level an alt solo now? How long? What difficulty is reasonable? I keep meaning to start another class and I'm curious what to expect.

It goes pretty fast now, compared to the old days. I started a crusader OK torment 1 solo, had to turn it down a couple difficulties till I got some crafted gear from haedrig. Once I got a weapon with a socket and some armor with sockets I was able to do torment 3 without much of an issue (with just NA imperial ruby in the weapon, I think). I was level 26 when I killed Leoric, just playing through normally (with some exploring).

I would recommend leveling on adventure mode though, it's even quicker.

Dahbomb

I got that Amulet which makes Shadow clones of you. And it came with Fire damage, Crit chance and Dex.... Perfect for my Monk (and DH). Just need to roll one stat into CHD which I won't do now because it requires Topazes. This is probably like end game-ish item for me.

My Fire Monk build (will probably post some pics tomorrow):

LTK
Fire Ally or Cyclone Strike
Epiphany or Dashing Strike
Exploding Palm
Crippling Wave
Mantra (changes with difficulty/group)

Mostly for T2/T3 Rifts.

I also have a Lightning Monk on the side, waiting for a Thundergod /Eye of Storm to drop so I can use that Monk again..

MegaPanda

Anyone got a good reference on what the Shard of Hate procs do? I found one but it's kind of useless for my fire wizard. These procs need to be godly for me to consider dropping my Cindercoat

I only think 2H + Shield is an abomination. 1H + Shield is A-OK! :D

Double leg drop hype is REAL

What holy build are you going for tomorrow?

One thing is sure: I'm 99% sure I'll drop hammers. Then it's a debate about whether I go holy or lightning. I like playing block builds, so I'll likely keep Punish (Roar) as my wrath generator regardless. Then there are two paths I'm looking at:

Lightning:
-Fist of the Heavens (Fissure) as my wrath spender
-Provoke (Charge Up) to regen wrath and shock stuff up

Holy:
-Shield Bash (Shattered Shield or Pound?) as my wrath spender
OR
-Fist of the Heavens (Divine Well) as my wrath spender
-Condemn (Unleashed) to blow stuff up

ElyrionX

Anyone got a good reference on what the Shard of Hate procs do? I found one but it's kind of useless for my fire wizard. These procs need to be godly for me to consider dropping my Cindercoat

Shars of Hate procs put it on par with or maybe even better than Thunderfury. It will probably far outweigh the 20% fire damage you get from Cindercoat.

Grinch

Banned
Something about games with randomized loot makes me completely forget my day to day responsibilities

If only irl was designed by Blizzard... Actually, that would be terrible

Good luck, I've uninstalled this a couple of times in the last few weeks but reinstalled the next evening :(

Pepto

Banned
Having an absolute blast playing my Witch Doctor. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SlayerxBlake-1454/hero/3320235

Been playing this class off and on since vanilla release, and its awesome to finally just mow shit down. It's great running around trying to find chests or bodies to loot. It bumps me up to 1.5 million dps then I rain down acid cloud and watch everything explode.

If only I could roll that Crit Chance on my Jeram. It costs about 1.25 million a chance now.

You should drop the green gem from the weapon. Pets can only do +50% crit damage. Use a red gem. Your sheet dps will drop but you will kill stuff faster.

And for all the pet WDs here using pets and Spirit Barrage/Rush of Essence for mana. Try playing without those skills. I recently dropped both for Big Bad Voodoo and Pierce the Veil. I thought I would be running out of mana but with the 0 channeling cost of Vampire Bats it hasn't been a problem at all.

My gear etc: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BarelyOK-2277/hero/2969907.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom