• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

fucking scy and shard of hate goddamn

rX4ns5J.jpg

I'm sorry everyone.

Yeah, I'm sure Blizzard will nerf split farming if they don't intend that to be a valid way to play. It just seems weird to me to group up and play completely separately. Not hating on anyone who does it, though.

When I do it, it's usually on Mumble at least so we're still just talking about whatever while we do it. Just kind of a fun sit back and relax sort of thing.

jblank83

Maybe I'm missing the point of the bolded

I'm saying if you want the increased drops from rifts, you have to be in the rift with the rest of the group. Exception being chests, which should still drop, I think. Even then, when the rift is finished, the gate will eventually close.

eek5

I hope they never nerf it since I have a lot of fun playing with builds I would never use if it wasn't for the low difficulty/ fast aspect of it. I hope they fix rifts soon though, they can be awesome and full of great encounters but then you have some rifts that pretty much forces you to explore the whole map and kill every enemy.

I'm not sure which one is worse.. the rifts where there are 2 levels and you have to kill 99% of the enemies to get the boss or the ones with 8 levels with packs of 3 every 80 yards...

They need to fix both, badly.

valeo

I don't really have time to farm things anymore or play at a high level - but my bro and I are going through the game slowly with new characters.

Just a question - are there any low level set pieces out there? I.e. the equivalent to Sigon's? I miss those :( I've just got a few crappy rares so far. (lvl 15)

Damn loot rng
I main wizard and 80+ hours of farming, 170+ rifts on t1-t2, 700 bounties (still no gloves btw) netted me a tal rasha helmet, good bracer and stone of jordan and no upgrade or tal/vyr/fireplume setpiece in days and a worthless roll on ring of royal grandeur

Meanwhile I put only a few hours into my DH (only a handful of rifts, an hour or two messing around while trying builds , like 2.5 hours of mangle farming and about 2000 out of the 9000 blood shards I earned so far) and it rains good loot/BiS pieces for him... an alt I don't really enjoy playing vs the huge amount of time spent on the main.

not in the picture are a good roll dex ring of royal grandeur and some legendary 6 crit 478 dex 428 vit 15 percent fire dmg bracers that I still need to reroll to 20 percent
After a few hours over 2 days I'm just missing a magefist and one more marauder piece for the 4set bonus

It rains set pieces on my DH, I also found a shadow's bane chest, another blackthorne chest and 8 or so of those way too hard to get a useful roll on set rings and necklaces (all salvage)
I never see set pieces (not even the insta salvage kind) on my wizard for some reason, 2 blackthorne and the tal rasha a week ago and that was it)
I don't even dare dream of an azurewrath on him, on my DH I think oh an andariel would be nice and kadela hands it to me

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is there a gem conversion calculator out there?

How much does it cost to go from Marquise to Flawless Royal?

Dahbomb

Damn loot rng
I main wizard and 80+ hours of farming, 170+ rifts on t1-t2, 700 bounties (still no gloves btw) netted me a tal rasha helmet, good bracer and stone of jordan and no upgrade or tal/vyr/fireplume setpiece in days and a worthless roll on ring of royal grandeur

Meanwhile I put only a few hours into my DH (only a handful of rifts, an hour or two messing around while trying builds , like 2.5 hours of mangle farming and about 2000 out of the 9000 blood shards I earned so far) and it rains good loot/BiS pieces for him... an alt I don't really enjoy playing vs the huge amount of time spent on the main.

It rains set pieces on my DH, I also found a shadow's bane chest, another blackthorne chest and 8 or so of those way too hard to get a useful roll on set rings and necklaces (all salvage)
I never see set pieces (not even the insta salvage kind) on my wizard for some reason, 2 blackthorne and the tal rasha a week ago and that was it)

They recently buffed Legendary drops in Rifts and from the Gambler which explains why your Wizard didn't get much and your DH got a lot of stuff.

Either that or it's the universe saying that you need to drop the Wizard completely.

I still haven't gotten a Monk set item.

They recently buffed Legendary drops in Rifts and from the Gambler which explains why your Wizard didn't get much and your DH got a lot of stuff.

Either that or it's the universe saying that you need to drop the Wizard completely.

I still haven't gotten a Monk set item.

I've ran rifts for hours on my wizard since the +25 percent drop buff (and over 100 rifts before it)
It's not the changes (I've only played my dh for a few hours since it hit 70) it's just rng out the wazoo

I swear my vanilla, pre-Loot 2.0 characters are cursed. My Crusader is now geared way beyond my DH now in just a fraction of the time spent with her.

Tom Penny

Playing with my Demon Hunter buddy do act 1 bounties trying to land Ring of Grandeur. Shows a Cinder Coat. " Nice I could use that " Oh really I vendor'd it I'm wearing a better one and I'm monk who can use dex lol :(

Deadly

Honestly though what can they do to improve weapons? As it is now, socket trumps everything and without the socket you're not even going to use it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly though what can they do to improve weapons? As it is now, socket trumps everything and without the socket you're not even going to use it.

It's not just a socket, either. It's the best Emerald you can manage or nothing.

Dahbomb

You can at least Enchant in a socket.

Problem is how mandatory that crit gem is and how it makes 2Hs inferior in comparison. Only way they can really have 2Hs compete with 1H is to have them come with double sockets. Would make Crusader pretty insane though.

RDreamer

This is part of what I was ranting about earlier in the thread. They haven't fully fixed itemization at all. They've added a lot, sure, but for the most part people seem to make the same choices all over the board. Hell, maybe even less choices than for a while with D3. At least for a while there was a lot of advice to go with IAS. Now everyone's advice is to roll that off for some more crit, etc.

Thanks for the link.

And god damn those prices make me feel poor.

torment 6 hellrift bounty (kill all enemies in hellrift level 2) on act IV, 470k per run + 67m exp + a bunch of exp from the mobs you kill
you can make 5 mill an hour doing that , more if you can kill them faster

Everyone in my group keeps getting Blackthorne's set items. I swear..this is the most common legendary set item ever. Most of them already has a whole set of Blackthorne. We call it the Curse of Blackthorne.

I recently got Countess Julia's Cameo, but it only came with IAS, thus not trifecta-able even with mystic. Nevertheless, it was still better than my L60 amulet. I still haven't replace both my L60 rings.

Dahbomb

Yea Blackthorne is pretty common.

You first get hyped when you see the green god beam... then your hype gets deflated when it's just a Blackthorne piece.

Also non class set rings are kinda garbage as well. Numerous Legendary amulets and Ring are pretty mediocre. No game... I DO NOT want another Rondal's Locket or a Kymbo's Gold.

Deadly

You can at least Enchant in a socket.

Problem is how mandatory that crit gem is and how it makes 2Hs inferior in comparison. Only way they can really have 2Hs compete with 1H is to have them come with double sockets. Would make Crusader pretty insane though.
Are there any double sockets in 2.0? I can only remember the Manticore from pre-2.0 having double sockets.

explains why I got 2 legs in about 10 minutes from her today.

GUYS

We need a 60FPS 480p minimum WebM of Diablo III. FOR THE FUTURE OF THE INTERNET

I like it when my browser tab doesn't use 70% of my system power, thank you very much. Please keep that shit out of the Diablo 3 thread.

Dahbomb

Are there any double sockets in 2.0? I can only remember the Manticore from pre-2.0 having double sockets.
Not that I have seen. I don't even think Manticore has double socket anymore.

Manticore shouldn't have had a double socket because DHs can carry Quivers too. But regular 2H weapons like Daibos? I don't see a problem with that to be honest. The only problem arises with the Crusader but they can balance that by "your second socket has no effect" or something when using Heavenly Strength.

IceMarker

I like it when my browser tab doesn't use 70% of my system power, thank you very much. Please keep that shit out of the Diablo 3 thread.

That should only happen if you are using the browser extensions from the webm thread with auto-play on...

Opening a webm link in firefox makes it only spike to 25% on two of four cores for a second on my i5. (Must be video acceleration from my GTX 650?)

traveler

Not Wario
torment 6 hellrift bounty (kill all enemies in hellrift level 2) on act IV, 470k per run + 67m exp + a bunch of exp from the mobs you kill
you can make 5 mill an hour doing that , more if you can kill them faster

Thanks a ton for this. I've been broke consistently since launch and find myself waiting on upgrades to make it through the mystic queue for days before I can even equip them.

Netted enough gold off sequential runs to fix my lvl 69 SoJ for my fire crusader.

ajL35mn.png

Up to 115% fire damage now!

Having an absolute blast playing my Witch Doctor. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SlayerxBlake-1454/hero/3320235

Been playing this class off and on since vanilla release, and its awesome to finally just mow shit down. It's great running around trying to find chests or bodies to loot. It bumps me up to 1.5 million dps then I rain down acid cloud and watch everything explode.

If only I could roll that Crit Chance on my Jeram. It costs about 1.25 million a chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom