• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Gotta say though, if it's just legendary efficiency you are looking for, then reseting campaign for Malthael really isn't the way to go. I mean if he at least would provide a guarantee crafting material drop, but even that he doesn't right now.

No, I am looking for dat feeling when you killed Baal on /players 5+ and that anticipation of good drop. I sorta get that from Piety and Dominus kills in path of exile, but they are more like Mephisto in terms of potentially good lootdrops. They can roll good stuff, but not necessarily the top of the top ones. But with D3ROS, there is nothing even close to that.

TheYanger

I have no problem with that. It should be doable in less than 4 hours with the Wormhole wizard of mine.

You don't have to. You can kill him, reset, have someone put you on his quest and kill him again.

Then you never do story mode again so it doesn't matter if you do the rest again.

I'm more than happy to carry anyone through a T1 malth story kill for a legendary, it's a true waste to do it on anything lower (most of the time you still get shit, but knowing you CAN'T get the good set drops is turrible). theyanger#1685

Barb is completely obsolete actually :|

What? Barbs are the only class that outfarms wizards. (I'd still rank wizards better, but barbs can run rifts the fastest for sure).

Grinch

Banned
YMQl4ic.png

WTF is this shit? No main stat and no socket. God damn.

TheYanger

Every warmonger is like that for some reason. flip the life into mainstat. That's -22 levels so it's still pretty beast and you should keep it for alts ;p but yeah at max level you'll replace it VERY easily.

Ohnonono

If the rumored changes are true it kinda bones my current gear set for my crusader but not too bad. We will see how the patch actually kicks in but I will be happy is lightning crusader with Fist of the Heavens or super tank thornes wit the new buffed sheild bash and Punish. And yay for higher legendary drop rate in rifts.

You should drop the green gem from the weapon. Pets can only do +50% crit damage. Use a red gem. Your sheet dps will drop but you will kill stuff faster.

And for all the pet WDs here using pets and Spirit Barrage/Rush of Essence for mana. Try playing without those skills. I recently dropped both for Big Bad Voodoo and Pierce the Veil. I thought I would be running out of mana but with the 0 channeling cost of Vampire Bats it hasn't been a problem at all.

My gear etc: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BarelyOK-2277/hero/2969907.

I'll give that shot. The Poison Nova blast effect on my weapon crits over 20 million when I drop Big Bad Voodoo right after looting a chest. Its amazing.

ferr

So is it preferable to get Trifecta rolls now, or would it be better if it had a high primary stat roll instead of the IAS?

Hard to say. Your CC and CHD won't mean shit if your dmg is in the dumpster. If you're setup to burn resources then having higher AS would be a bad thing. I feel like most chars would benefit from primary stat over AS, but ymmv.

DSmalls84

Hard to say. Your CC and CHD won't mean shit if your dmg is in the dumpster. If you're setup to burn resources then having higher AS would be a bad thing. I feel like most chars would benefit from primary stat over AS, but ymmv.

Yeah kind of seems like 500-700 of a primary stat would go a lot farther than the 6% IAS. Still a very nice ammy though.

So funny, I have to avoid Frenzy shrines on my resource build especially with Gloves of Worship. My spirit just disappears.

DSmalls84

Sitting at 952k damage on my Crusader now with about 8.5 mil toughness. Finding T1 super easy, but is it worth it to move up to T2/3? Is anyone seeing a perceivable different in loot quantity?

But you also gain resources faster with ias.

ScarySecret

Neo Member
Yeah kind of seems like 500-700 of a primary stat would go a lot farther than the 6% IAS. Still a very nice ammy though.

It is a level 60 item I got the day 2.0 went live. The int roll on it was not very high and I figured the AS would be more valuable going towards level 70 since I loved the amulet and hoped I would never have to replace it.

If I could have got 500-700 int on it at the time, I would have rolled for that instead of the AS, yes.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
What? Barbs are the only class that outfarms wizards. (I'd still rank wizards better, but barbs can run rifts the fastest for sure).

Why's that? I know some really strong Barbs out there.

Unless you have a Shard and T Furry, you have virtually zero generation, overly expensive spenders and essentially zero aoe dps
obvious hyperbole is obvious but the main point still stands

DSmalls84

It is a level 60 item I got the day 2.0 went live. The int roll on it was not very high and I figured the AS would be more valuable going towards level 70 since I loved the amulet and hoped I would never have to replace it.

If I could have got 500-700 int on it at the time, I would have rolled for that instead of the AS, yes.

I'm not criticizing you for what you did with the item. I actually didn't even pay attention to the lvl since most people are only posting lvl 70 items. I was just curious about what stats should take preference now that items can roll % elemental damage increases.

Caliginous

Neo Member
Sitting at 952k damage on my Crusader now with about 8.5 mil toughness. Finding T1 super easy, but is it worth it to move up to T2/3? Is anyone seeing a perceivable different in loot quantity?

There's a great post on diablofans detailing the impact of using MF in rifts and legendary drop rates per difficulty.

My personal opinion is that if you find T1 to be super easy to work on speed running t2 rifts. Bump it up to t3 if you have a great group that can rift efficiently.

lt519

I'm not criticizing you for what you did with the item. I actually didn't even pay attention to the lvl since most people are only posting lvl 70 items. I was just curious about what stats should take preference now that items can roll % elemental damage increases.

On moonlight ward you can't re-roll the arcane damage ): Only choices are to re-roll the IAS, crit (edit:: hit), or the third primary you get with it which for me was vit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got the Helm of Rule plan last night, and I think I want to make one for my Crusader. I am not looking forward to farming the legendary mat on rare spwan mobs. Apparently all three can be bounties, but I made a bunch of games last night and none of them ever showed as the available bounties. Ohhh well.

ScarySecret

Neo Member

Oh, I wasn't thinking you were criticizing. I was just letting you know it's a level 60 item so the INT roll isn't as high as you think, where as a +% stat scales well with any level. :)

This is probably a broken record at this point but is there any word on when the Ultimate Evil editions are shipping on PS4 and Xbox One? I read that one of D3's producers said that they "aren't far behind" Reaper of Souls on PC, but is there anything concrete? Any time frame?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
There's a great post on diablofans detailing the impact of using MF in rifts and legendary drop rates per difficulty.

My personal opinion is that if you find T1 to be super easy to work on speed running t2 rifts. Bump it up to t3 if you have a great group that can rift efficiently.

I haven't seen MF on a single item since 2.0

Is it only from paragon levels now?

arimanius

Wait are there patch notes out already with the crusader changes?

Nothing official yet but these were datamined.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48018-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-first-patch-2-0-4

Crusader

Lord Commander The cooldown of Steed Charge is now reduced by 25% (changed from 5 seconds), and Bombardment by 35% (changed from 20 seconds).
Blessed Shield Now deals 340% weapon damage (up from 280%).
Staggering Shield : Now has a 35% chance to stun (up from 25%).
Combust : Now deals 270% weapon damage (up from 105%).
Sweep Attack Now deals 440% weapon damage (up from 400%).
Heaven's Fury
Fires of Heaven : Now deals 735% weapon damage (down from 950%).
Phalanx Now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 295%).
Bowmen : Now deals 160% weapon damage (up from 85%).
Shield Charge : Now deals 180% weapon damage (up from 75%).
Stampede : Now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 295%). Now has a 30% chance to stun (up from 25%).
Bodyguard : Now deals 285% weapon damage (up from 200%).
Fist of the Heavens Now deals 340% weapon damage (up from 250%) Each bolt now deals 340% weapon damage (up from 210%).
Fissure : Now deals 400% weapon damage (up from 80%).
Divine Well : Now has an 18 yard distance (up from 12). Now deals 80% weapon damage (up from 14%)
Blessed Hammer
Burning Wrath : Scorched ground now deals 150% weapon damage (up from 95%).
Shield Bash The datamined values for base shield bash where pulling up the same as the new pound rune, so they have been removed for now. There is a good chance the base ability was buffed.
Crumble : Now deals 660% weapon damage (up from 550%).
Shattered Shield : Now deals 380% weapon damage (up from 325%) plus 335% of your shield's block chance (up from 300%).
Pound : Now deals 740% weapon damage (up from 550%) plus 500% of shield's block chance (up from 150%).
Steed Charge Cooldown is now 16 seconds (down from 25). Now lasts for 1.5 seconds (down from 2).
Ramming Speed : Now deals 515% weapon damage (up from 475).
Endurance : Now increase duration to 2 seconds (down from 3)
Draw and Quarter : Now deals 185% weapon damage (up from 125%).
Falling Sword
Rise Brothers : Possible change here, however diffs have an error and are outputting 0%.
Punish Now deals 270% weapon damage (up from 200%).
Retaliate : Now deals 94% weapon damage (up from 70%).
Justice Now deals 240% weapon damage (up from 175%).
Sword of Justice : Now gains 3% movement speed (up from 2%).
Hammer of Pursuit : Now deals 300% weapon damage (up from 200).
Burst : Now deals 30% weapon damage (up from 25%). .

I got the Helm of Rule plan last night, and I think I want to make one for my Crusader. I am not looking forward to farming the legendary mat on rare spwan mobs. Apparently all three can be bounties, but I made a bunch of games last night and none of them ever showed as the available bounties. Ohhh well.
It being the listed bounty or not should never stop you from checking an area for the appropriate purple mobs.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Caliginous

Neo Member
I haven't seen MF on a single item since 2.0

Is it only from paragon levels now?

Nagelring can roll 50%, Cains set bonus gives 50% and a flawless Royal topaz gives 41% in helm. So you could get about 191% MF from just those items. It is scaled for legendary drop rates to only 10% of your MF value. I believe you can also give MF to your follower if playing solo.

You also gain 30% MF for playing in a 4 person game if you are near each other. (10% per player that isn't you).

Paragon levels no longer give any MF they only give stats that you allocate and MF isn't an option.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Sorry, didn't click the link :(

Nagelring can roll 50%, Cains set bonus gives 50% and a flawless Royal topaz gives 41% in helm. So you could get about 191% MF from just those items. It is scaled for legendary drop rates to only 10% of your MF value. I believe you can also give MF to your follower if playing solo.

You also gain 30% MF for playing in a 4 person game if you are near each other. (10% per player that isn't you).

Paragon levels no longer give any MF they only give stats that you allocate and MF isn't an option.

Thanks.

Don't think I've had cains plans drop and definitely haven't had a nagelring drop. Might get a second helm for when rolling with a rift stomping group but usually in pub games I'm the one with the dps :(

Ohnonono

What holy build are you going for tomorrow?

One thing is sure: I'm 99% sure I'll drop hammers. Then it's a debate about whether I go holy or lightning. I like playing block builds, so I'll likely keep Punish (Roar) as my wrath generator regardless. Then there are two paths I'm looking at:

Lightning:
-Fist of the Heavens (Fissure) as my wrath spender
-Provoke (Charge Up) to regen wrath and shock stuff up

Holy:
-Shield Bash (Shattered Shield or Pound?) as my wrath spender
OR
-Fist of the Heavens (Divine Well) as my wrath spender
-Condemn (Unleashed) to blow stuff up

In groups how are you dealing with having to get in melee range to use your Punish? I love the Idea of punish/shield bash, but Smite/of Slash and Fists seems way more reliable if you are not able to get right up next to the boss or whatever because of ground effects.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/43879354 here is my dude BTW. (obv dont wanna lose my holy stuff to re-roll lightning if I don't have to!

I'd rather not play the game at all if stacking magic find is actually beneficial. I hated those days. I really don't enjoy playing with sub-optimal equipment just to find better equipment. I was okay with that in Diablo 2 because I used my best gear for PvP. But Diablo 3 doesn't have that. It's only farming. So the farming has to be as fun as possible. And magic find isn't that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom