• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 MF (T2 Rift) looks like the minimum breakpoint, and also not entirely too far out of reach. I have a Nagelring in the bank that can be rerolled to equal the DPS of my Puzzle Ring (which I should have used in the first place). All that's left is gemming a helm for MF as long as it doesn't really negatively impact your survivability or clearing speed (noticeably).

Currently, T1 is not even remotely a challenge, and really feels about like what Expert did while leveling up. If not even almost Normal. T2 is also extremely easy solo, yet for some reason becomes very ridiculous when grouped up (might just be gear disparity between random people, not sure). I could do T3 right now, but I just don't really find it worthwhile. Although by that chart, T3 seems like it's going to be the sweet spot after a while, for a long while.

Yea as long as it doesn't affect your clear speeds, you'll receive a marginal MF upgrade. What that translates to in-game in quantitative terms? Probably about 1 extra leg/several hours? Give or take.

I guess the point here is if you happen upon MF gear and it's not a downgrade for you that slows your farm speeds, knock yourself out. Going out of your way to use the limited resources you probably have to *make* MF sets with weak set bonuses compared to other sets you could make instead...that's where the value becomes very, very questionable.

Context is important. More MF isn't going to get you *better* legs. But presuming equal clear times to what you're seeing now, you will see a mild -- perhaps not even really noticeable -- uptick in quantity of legs. At the expense of being more fragile and having weaker set bonuses available. One has to weigh whether or not that very marginal uptick is worth dedicating a large portion of your souls resources and mat farming time to vs...simply upgrading the quality of the gear you already have to be able to comfortably farm at a Torment level higher than your current.

This information is not of much value to most.

Old news. GAF hates it when people show excitement over 200%. Anyone who says anything else really doesn't know shit about this situation. I, if anyone, would know the truth here.

I'm on GAF and I do not hate anything positive or enthusiastic about games I enjoy. I say post away. The negativity on D2JSP is disgusting sometimes. I need something to offset that balance.

Mugaaz

Old news. GAF hates it when people show excitement over 200%. Anyone who says anything else really doesn't know shit about this situation. I, if anyone, would know the truth here.

I think Diablo 3 rules. Think rifts are tons of fun, but not rewarding enough. Think the game is great as is, but will be amazing after some quality of life stuff is fixed. Think the only thing thats terrible in RoS is the crafting system, which in my mind is now the worst it has ever been. I've been playing D3 nonstop since release, which is 2 weeks now, and was playing 2 weeks prior to RoS release to begin with. The game is legit pretty fucking awesome. I still think it needs some work to make "playing the game" the best way to get loot, but its getting there.

ZenaxPure

shit, just jump into a torment 2 game and have people carry you.

Lol, you could. I actually have no qualms with carrying someone on T2 to be honest. I have actually done more T2 over the past few days than anything because I've been carrying some lesser geared people through it. I actually don't mind it that much as long as it's a friend.

That said though, people just expecting a free ride should probably stop being dicks and ruining games for others.

Deadly

I am starting a Crusader (He is level 7!) What is the best way to level him? Adventure mode on hard or something?
I'd suggest doing story until a few levels or you have some decent gear. I started a Crusader too and Adventure Mode right off the bat is abit of a hassle because of the kill 100-150 objectives and Crusader doesn't have much AoE at the start.

I am starting a Crusader (He is level 7!) What is the best way to level him? Adventure mode on hard or something?

Create a game on t6, invite someone who is level 70 and have them do the mother run (2nd mission of act 1) Rinse, repeat, profit etc etc. Kill all the whites in the area for more xp

Macmanus

I'd rather not play the game at all if stacking magic find is actually beneficial. I hated those days. I really don't enjoy playing with sub-optimal equipment just to find better equipment. I was okay with that in Diablo 2 because I used my best gear for PvP. But Diablo 3 doesn't have that. It's only farming. So the farming has to be as fun as possible. And magic find isn't that.

Completely agreed. D2's end game for me was PVP, so having different outfits was just dandy. Different outfits for different fights, even.

I haven't even tried the pvp in D3. Maybe it's amazing? Though I'm rather doubting that.

Sanctuary

Yea as long as it doesn't affect your clear speeds, you'll receive a marginal MF upgrade. What that translates to in-game in quantitative terms? Probably about 1 extra leg/several hours? Give or take.

I guess the point here is if you happen upon MF gear and it's not a downgrade for you that slows your farm speeds, knock yourself out. Going out of your way to use the limited resources you probably have to *make* MF sets with weak set bonuses compared to other sets you could make instead...that's where the value becomes very, very questionable.

Context is important. More MF isn't going to get you *better* legs. But presuming equal clear times to what you're seeing now, you will see a mild -- perhaps not even really noticeable -- uptick in quantity of legs. At the expense of being more fragile and having weaker set bonuses available. One has to weigh whether or not that very marginal uptick is worth dedicating a large portion of your souls resources and mat farming time to vs...simply upgrading the quality of the gear you already have to be able to comfortably farm at a Torment level higher than your current.

This information is not of much value to most.

Edited my previous post. Even if your current gear can get you X amount of MF, the graph and original post are entirely wrong. MF is essentially still worthless.

I think Diablo 3 rules. Think rifts are tons of fun, but not rewarding enough. Think the game is great as is, but will be amazing after some quality of life stuff is fixed. Think the only thing thats terrible in RoS is the crafting system, which in my mind is now the worst it has ever been.

I honestly don't think Blizzard put much thought in how this new legendary crafting would work when everything is BoA. The drop rates for the required items are unbelievably low. To the point where I just don't want to bother any more.

I've hard they were going to increase the drop rate but.... when? The only thing I seem to get on a regular basis are the items for Pender's Fucking Purchase.

I also never find the plans for items I actually have materials for. You know what would really fix that? Trading amongst friends. But nooooooo. ugh.

ElyrionX

HOW DOES IT NOT? Look at the kill speed and amount of drop you get doing rifts. It's absolutely, positively insane compared to normal gameplay. Yet the rate you acquire legendaries is the same if not less. It's definitely less than something like running Manglemaw or chests right? How is this possible? Obviously the only rational conclusion is that the base legendary rate for things like chests, elite packs, rifts, purple monsters, white monsters, item racks, etc are not the same. If you are killing at 300% the rate of normal you should be getting 3005 the rate of legendary drops, but that does not happen in the rift. All evidence points to the base rate in the rift actually being much lower. Obviously, it has to be lower because of the hugely increased kill speed, its just too low, which is why they increased it in the first place. The problem is that even with the buff it's still too low.

You actually make a really good point here and in your original post and I think it's definitely plausible that the drop rates in Rifts are lower as compared to non-Rift areas.

Mugaaz

I honestly don't think Blizzard put much thought in how this new legendary crafting would work when everything is BoA. The drop rates for the required items are unbelievably low. To the point where I just don't want to bother any more.

I've hard they were going to increase the drop rate but.... when?

The only thing I seem to get on a regular basis are the items for Pender's Fucking Purchase.

I also never find the plans for items I actually have materials for. You know what would really fix that? Trading amongst friends. But nooooooo. ugh.

I honestly think the legendary mat drop rate is the least of the problems with the new crafting system. It sucks shit from start to finish. 4000 unique mats, 4000 dropped recipes, 99.9% of it is pure garbage, half the items are bugged and roll with incorrect values. Almost every crafted item is a glorified yellow and nothing more. What's to like about any of this?

Edited my previous post. Even if your current gear can get you X amount of MF, the graph and original post are entirely wrong. MF is essentially still worthless.

Agreed. Which was what I was alluding to originally. I just hope large cross-sections of GAF don't go out there and waste a lot of time/souls on MF gear as some seem to be moving towards on the strength of a couple of errant graphs. Several posts since then lead me to believe at least some are out there already hunting for Cain's mats.

There is a very real thirst for ever more and better legs, which leads people susceptible to misinformation.

Moral of the story: if something appears too good to be true, read the whole thread.

I've hard they were going to increase the drop rate but.... when? The only thing I seem to get on a regular basis are the items for Pender's Fucking Purchase.

Mat drop rates are increasing starting today, right?

Also, the only thing that frustrates me is the pure RNG of re-rolling at the Mystic. It shouldn't take me 20 rolls and $18 million to re-roll a socket into a weapon or hat. Or Crit Chance on a Source. But you know what? It has taken that sometimes for me and it's the most frustrating experience currently in the game. Forgotten Souls are extremely limited in quantity and it feels like a very artificial way of limiting your ability to adjust decent legs to your needs. It's to the point where depending on the leg, I'll just salv it rather than waste millions trying to roll that one value that it needs. It's proven too often to not be worth the effort. Maybe that was the goal, but it's incredibly frustrating.

Tom Penny

So how many of us are in the shard of hate club?

How many of us want to be in the club?

How many of us shun the club?

Weapon is so good it rolled Strength for my monk..couldn't change it because I needed a socket. Still my best weapon.

Why can't they implement a simple rift were each new room is harder than the next and it goes infinitely until you die once. Even if it is just solo. Would make an interesting challenge.

Mugaaz

You actually make a really good point here and in your original post and I think it's definitely plausible that the drop rates in Rifts are lower as compared to non-Rift areas.

Thanks. I think the best way I can prove my point is this. We both play for 8 hours. I run Rumford at the Gate through Captain Dalton over and over. You run rifts the entire time. We both play at T3. Which of us do you think will have more legendary drops? I'll give you a hint, it's not the guy running rifts. That said, when you are 80% of the way to ideal gear set and missing something like Cindercoat, Magefist, Mirrorball, etc. Then I would run rifts continuously until I can gamble the item.

scy

Not really sure that's the case from anecdotal experience. It's most just that Chests are essentially equivalent to an elite kill in terms of item drops.

I honestly think the legendary mat drop rate is the least of the problems with the new crafting system. It sucks shit from start to finish. 4000 unique mats, 4000 dropped recipes, 99.9% of it is pure garbage, half the items are bugged and roll with incorrect values. Almost every crafted item is a glorified yellow and nothing more. What's to like about any of this?

I think the idea of the crafting system is fine with all these statless Legendaries to craft. The problem is that you'll get these statless plans alongside gear (or way after gear) so you don't even need to craft most of them. Instead, all of the Crafting options should have had SOME incentive to use them instead of being statless. Right now, less than half do this and it seems random why some slots get a bonus and others get fucked.

JCizzle

Why would I blow my limited materials to craft something of random quality when I'll also need those materials to Enchant them too. Much more efficient to just Enchant what you end up finding. Dragons breath shouldn't be needed to craft anything but legendaries.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Weapon is so good it rolled Strength for my monk..couldn't change it because I needed a socket. Still my best weapon.

I'm in the shard of hate-haters club because my two primary characters are fire builds so I get no love from it.

Sanctuary

Also, the only thing that frustrates me is the pure RNG of re-rolling at the Mystic. It shouldn't take me 20 rolls and $18 million to re-roll a socket into a weapon or hat. Or Crit Chance on a Source. But you know what? It has taken that sometimes for me and it's the most frustrating experience currently in the game. Forgotten Souls are extremely limited in quantity and it feels like a very artificial way of limiting your ability to adjust decent legs to your needs. It's to the point where depending on the leg, I'll just salv it rather than waste millions trying to roll that one value that it needs. It's proven too often to not be worth the effort. Maybe that was the goal, but it's incredibly frustrating.

The rerolling can be frustrating, but honestly, the fact that you can even reroll in the first place is something that they didn't have to implement. Unless you get ridiculously bad luck, 20 or less rerolls should get you what you want. On rares this is nothing. On legendaries, especially rings or others that require a gem is another matter though. I want to reroll my two rings, but I can't really until after I've finished getting the last three gems I need for my sockets.

I never really considered leeching. I don't like to piss people off like that!

If the other person is willing, why not? The monsters scale to the level of the person who created the game, so they will all be level 1 monsters and they will be one-shotted by a level 70 player. Quite easy.

Why would I blow my limited materials to craft something of random quality when I'll also need those materials to Enchant them too. Much more efficient to just Enchant what you end up finding. Dragons breath shouldn't be needed to craft anything but legendaries.

I care about a FEW things. I have mats for the Hallowed Defenders set. I crafted a few of those pre-RoS and they were pretty great. I wouldn't mind taking a crack at them again. There are a few items worth crafting.

I do agree that a lot of the crafted legendaries are boring, glorified rares (Pender's Purchase, Board Walkers, etc etc). And I have no interest in those.

Dahbomb

HOW DOES IT NOT? Look at the kill speed and amount of drop you get doing rifts. It's absolutely, positively insane compared to normal gameplay. Yet the rate you acquire legendaries is the same if not less. It's definitely less than something like running Manglemaw or chests right? How is this possible? Obviously the only rational conclusion is that the base legendary rate for things like chests, elite packs, rifts, purple monsters, white monsters, item racks, etc are not the same. If you are killing at 300% the rate of normal you should be getting 3005 the rate of legendary drops, but that does not happen in the rift. All evidence points to the base rate in the rift actually being much lower. Obviously, it has to be lower because of the hugely increased kill speed, its just too low, which is why they increased it in the first place. The problem is that even with the buff it's still too low.

You are comparing Torment 6 Chest runs and Magglemaw kills to non Torment 6 Rift runs. The comparison doesn't hold up. Bounties also give you Caches and people use split farming to get many of them. No one farms Bounties directly for Legendary, it's all about the Cache.

For your comparison to work, you would have to start killings mobs in the outside world on the same difficulty as Rifts... only then will you have a solid comparison. Guess what no one actually does this because it's quite obvious that Rifts drop more loot than just slaying mobs in the outside world. Rifts only get beaten by unconventional methods of farming (split chest runs in T6, split Bounties and T6 Magglemaw).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The rerolling can be frustrating, but honestly, the fact that you can even reroll in the first place is something that they didn't have to implement. Unless you get ridiculously bad luck, 20 or less rerolls should get you what you want. On rares this is nothing. On legendaries, especially rings or others that require a gem is another matter though. I want to reroll my two rings, but I can't really until after I've finished getting the last three gems I need for my sockets.

I think the mystic/rerolling mechanic is pretty great, but the one thing that bothers me is how it's sort of allowed blizzard to side-step the weapon socket issue. Emeralds being so outrageously good that they are virtually necessary for a weapon to be worthwhile is shitty design, and the mystic allowing you to put a socket on any weapon makes me think it is unlikely anything else will be done to rectify the situation.

Melee? I'm wondering if you have those 2 fire 1 handers.

Naa, one is a fetish WD so I spam vampire bats (fire), and the other is my crusader that I've been doing a fire build with due to having Strength magefists and a real solid fire damage bracer. Also, now that I have Golden Flense, I'm spamming them blazing sweeps for days.

scy

Thanks. I think the best way I can prove my point is this. We both play for 8 hours. I run Rumford at the Gate through Captain Dalton over and over. You run rifts the entire time. We both play at T3. Which of us do you think will have more legendary drops? I'll give you a hint, it's not the guy running rifts.

I'm almost 100% certain this is due to chest quantity and speed of "clear" vs rift clear speed. Assuming they're equal otherwise, 125% in-rift drop rate wouldn't match a run that is done in a quarter of the time. Each Elite kill is roughly equal to a chest in terms of item drops and then you have Purple named outside of rifts which are triple that.

Lol, you could. I actually have no qualms with carrying someone on T2 to be honest. I have actually done more T2 over the past few days than anything because I've been carrying some lesser geared people through it. I actually don't mind it that much as long as it's a friend.

That said though, people just expecting a free ride should probably stop being dicks and ruining games for others.

Likewise, I don't really care much about people showing up undergeared on T1/T2/T3/whatever runs. Whenever I do rifts, I just invite through my list / let the other people in the group invite whomever they want. Just, please, for the love of god bring some goddamn fragments. Don't fucking AFK until someone else opens a rift. I shouldn't go through nearly 200 fragments and have you spend 5.

If you have no shards, go farm some bounties. Say something and we'll split farm them a quick run. Just something instead of this 10-15m AFK period between rifts because everyone is waiting for someone else to open the rift.

Dahbomb

The gem requirement for re-rolling Rings/Amulets is ridiculous as is the price for unsocketing gems.

Removing a Flawless Royal gem takes as much gold as combining 3 of the previous tier gems into a Flawless Royal! (500K gold)

Likewise, I don't really care much about people showing up undergeared on T1/T2/T3/whatever runs. Whenever I do rifts, I just invite through my list / let the other people in the group invite whomever they want. Just, please, for the love of god bring some goddamn fragments. Don't fucking AFK until someone else opens a rift. I shouldn't go through nearly 200 fragments and have you spend 5.
LOL this is me... I am so poor when it comes to fragments.

What's the best stats on a rare mojo?

I currently have one that's

dmg
int
% life
crit
socket

Does that mean you could have a mojo with vit instead of % life? My ideal would be

dmg
int
vit
res
crit

Is that possible?

I think the mystic/rerolling mechanic is pretty great, but the one thing that bothers me is how it's sort of allowed blizzard to side-step the weapon socket issue. Emeralds being so outrageously good that they are virtually necessary for a weapon to be worthwhile is shitty design, and the mystic allowing you to put a socket on any weapon makes me think it is unlikely anything else will be done to rectify the situation.

The only way to rectify it would be to make the crit dmg bonus on the gems a LOT lower to the point where you actually have a choice in what you choose to socket. But right now, 130% is a no-brainer. Especially considering CC\CD is the best way to build... any character?

la_briola

My HC Monk found the Shard of Hate yesterday.

Its just insane... I'm running ~830k dps with ~40% iAS, ~45% CC, ~500% CD and ~45% lighting damage.

Just left clicking DR:SB is triggering a ridiculous amount of charged bolts.

My kill time for Ghom on T1 with just DR:SB (with Epiphany:IF) is between 13 and 16 seconds.
And if I use all my spirit for LTK:ST, the kill time is nearly the same.

What the fuck.

screenshot002f1uer.jpg

I think the idea of the crafting system is fine with all these statless Legendaries to craft. The problem is that you'll get these statless plans alongside gear (or way after gear) so you don't even need to craft most of them. Instead, all of the Crafting options should have had SOME incentive to use them instead of being statless. Right now, less than half do this and it seems random why some slots get a bonus and others get fucked.

Agree. I was talking about this with Ke0 and Ash the other day. Most of the craft non-set legs are just glorified yellows. Most offer no unique orange affix that makes them interesting. They, at best, offer +100 main stat and +100 vit. That's if you're lucky with rolls. The odds of crafting a non-set leg that is better than your trifecta yellow glove are extremely unlikely (relevant elemental affixes notwithstanding). And given the price for crafting them (in souls specifically), why bother? Perhaps if you have a mountainous stack of Forgotten Souls...but very few are living that lifestyle.

There are a few non-set craft leg exceptions like the Cosmic Strand that has a cool orange text affix...but other than those few, they all just seem like consolation prizes for those who haven't had any luck finding a decent leg at a given equip slot. Something to "tide you over" until you actually get something of worth and does something more than offer ever so slightly better stats.

Also, what the fuck is up with craft weapons? I have yet to see one roll damage stats better than any yellow. Craft leg 2H bows I've seen are like 300-400dmg weaker than non-craft Bows (in the 2100-2400 dmg range that yellows occupy), despite having the same paper max-min range. The craft wands and swords I've seen are all equally unimpressive. Are people just having bad luck with RNG or are they bugged like the shields?

Yesterday I was farming Ssrass for its Asheara set crafting material and in roughly 30 minutes of farming I found 2 pieces of the Crusader set. Do you guys think set items drop more from certain mobs or was I just lucky?

Dahbomb

Perhaps if you have a mountainous stack of Forgotten Souls...but very few are living that lifestyle.
Many people have crossed the 200 Forgotten Soul barrier.

IMO it's not Forgotten Souls that hold down the crafts, it's those craft mats. I am not going to waste time farming them until they buff them. At that point it will not be difficult to attain craft mats and thus not that difficult to craft. Then you will just be bottle necked by those Flawless Royal gems.

However... why would you waste so much time grinding for craft mats when you can just grind the Rifts/Bounties for loot that will actually be a huge upgrade? Very few crafted Legendaries are worth the trouble like you said.. they lack the unique affixes to make them stand out.

Yesterday I was farming Ssrass for its Asheara set crafting material and in roughly 30 minutes of farming I found 2 pieces of the Crusader set. Do you guys think set items drop more from certain mobs or was I just lucky?
Not sure.... could just be RNG being RNG.

Didn't you tell me about this time yesterday when I asked you why you're Rifting alone that, (paraphrased) "I clear faster alone...so why play with others?"

If fragments are a problem, then stop playing alone, Dan. I was AFK in menus for at least a half an hour yesterday because you wanted to play alone and so did everyone else in the clan seemingly (I don't like playing alone anymore...2+ years of that were enough). Don't complain about low shard count when others with plenty of shards are happy to play with you but you aren't interested in playing with them.

scy

For the most part, it doesn't bug me too much but like ... I had ~500 fragments a few days ago. I'm basically empty. And I hate downtime between runs. So it's almost always a case of I just want to open a rift and immediately keep going since selling takes all of like 5 seconds. But then we just sit there. For 5, 10, 15 minutes until someone is prodded into opening it. Like it's some kind of game of chicken to see who backs down first.

What's the best stats on a rare mojo?

Damage
INT
Crit Chance
Skill Damage%
eHP Stat (All Resist > VIT > Life% generally) or Increased Damage vs Elites if applicable here.

Generally speaking, sockets and Life% don't return as much as other options.

The only way to rectify it would be to make the crit dmg bonus on the gems a LOT lower to the point where you actually have a choice in what you choose to socket. But right now, 130% is a no-brainer. Especially considering CC\CD is the best way to build... any character?

Or just make the flat damage better to be a better option at high APS DW builds and/or more attractive at 300-400% Crit Damage on the other slots.

Dahbomb

Didn't you tell me about this time yesterday when I asked you why you're Rifting alone that, (paraphrased) "I clear faster alone...so why play with others?"

If fragments are a problem, then stop playing alone, Dan. I was AFK in menus for at least a half an hour yesterday because you wanted to play alone and so did everyone else in the clan seemingly. Don't complain about low shard count when others with plenty of shards are happy to play with you but you aren't interested in playing with them.
I never said that! I was in a group when you asked that question!

I never play alone. Playing in groups is WAY better no matter what you are doing!

Maybe I was playing and I probably worded it incorrectly.. but what I meant to say was "I clear faster in groups... why would I NOT play with others?"

So it's almost always a case of I just want to open a rift and immediately keep going since selling takes all of like 5 seconds. But then we just sit there. For 5, 10, 15 minutes until someone is prodded into opening it. Like it's some kind of game of chicken to see who backs down first.
For the record I normally DO have Fragments but it generally DOES take me that long to sift through Rares! I also have to enchant stuff and combine gems which is really what takes the longest time (yesterday we did mostly in Act 1 and the Jeweler is like all the way across the god damn map!).

People aren't playing chicken, we are just assuming that whoever opened the Rift first will open it next. The best way to avoid this is to assign who is going to open the Rift. Probably while doing the Rift say "ok this guy opens a Rift next". Most people do in fact have plenty of Fragments.

For the most part, it doesn't bug me too much but like ... I had ~500 fragments a few days ago. I'm basically empty. And I hate downtime between runs. So it's almost always a case of I just want to open a rift and immediately keep going since selling takes all of like 5 seconds. But then we just sit there. For 5, 10, 15 minutes until someone is prodded into opening it. Like it's some kind of game of chicken to see who backs down first.

I find people are simply doing other shit sometimes. Visiting Kadala and going back and forth to salv the junk, deciding whether to re-roll something (or trying to actively), looking in the inventory at what to salv to make room, talking in chat, making gems. There's a lot of shit that can be done and it's no surprise that people do it during that down time. It's not like you have time when the Rift is open.

traveler

Not Wario
I haven't run out of souls in a while now because gold is my bottleneck. (Although since I've been introduced to this t6 hell rift run, that may be a thing of the past) And when I actually sell enough yellows to get enough gold to reroll stuff, I end up bottlenecking on veiled crystals of all things.

It's frustrating to get a great drop and think "well, I'll be able to use it 20 hours or so from now" but at the same time, the economy is largely working. Everything aside from blues and whites has value, and even those are useful for initial crafting/leg recipes.

I'm assuming those who bottleneck on souls had substantial money coming into the expansion- at least, that seems to be the way it is in my playgroup. Would be interesting if Blizz allowed a market for forgotten souls and ONLY for forgotten souls. (Basically make it the soj of d3) I think that alone would pretty much balance the gold disparity between vets with warchests and newcomers/old spenders.

Tom Penny

Does anyone know if the tornadoes from sweeping wind benefit from Shard of Hate and Thunderfury? I'm thinking of switch to the fire run for the AOE and you get life on hit but don't know if that is smart.

SupaNaab

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khaines-1978/hero/43826655

Any Crusaders mind suggesting a build or gear to progress towards? I should say, I am a hardcore player so my primary goal has been to reach the block cap (which I do with Punish's hardened senses) because survival is really paramount. I feel like I should be working towards a fire build given my current 2H though but I also have a 1H that grants 20% move speed after casting Justice and a Stalgards Decimator (sends out ranged piercing axes on any hit for 336% dmg).

I last logged out testing things so I would ignore my current skill set and my bracers but I believe my talents are pretty much ideal for (almost) any build.

If those crusader buffs are true and go live today nothing really changes with them, sure they get a little more damage but they need cool down reduction on skills across the board and more mobility.

Dahbomb

I find people are simply doing other shit sometimes. Visiting Kadala and going back and forth to salv the junk, deciding whether to re-roll something (or trying to actively), looking in the inventory at what to salv to make room, talking in chat, making gems. There's a lot of shit that can be done and it's no surprise that people do it during that down time. It's not like you have time when the Rift is open.
Yeah basically this... those people who are in that transition phase need that time to make some optimum decisions about their gear.

Sometimes I need to salvage, sometimes I need to Vendor. Sometimes I need to upgrade gems, sometimes I need to gamble, sometimes I need to re-roll stuff... sometimes I EVEN need to Transmog stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom