• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

If is hotfixed (something I believe will happen), it will probably be after all regions have received the patch, so in a couple days.

Also, my puzzle ring goblin has just dropped some green boots.

Yep, they were Blackthorne :(

scy

Hm, I don't think Shard of Hate was nerfed but I didn't use it that much pre-patch.

Umm I played with quite a few crusaders and they weren't laughable by any stretch. I have no idea about various people and their various claims as well. What I do know is that you replied to a poster who was surprised a bug hasn't been fixed yet. And it's definitely a bug and should be fixed ASAP.

I agree thorns should scale with difficulty.

For the most part, my damage felt fine pre-patch. My issue was that the time between damage, in terms of Wrath generation, was a bit too long compared to other classes. Beyond that, we have a lot of dead passives and the gear ceiling felt a bit too low while also having too much of our power locked in certain Legendaries.

Thorns is fun though.

GorillaJu

Hm, I don't think Shard of Hate was nerfed but I didn't use it that much pre-patch.

For the most part, my damage felt fine pre-patch. My issue was that the time between damage, in terms of Wrath generation, was a bit too long compared to other classes. Beyond that, we have a lot of dead passives and the gear ceiling felt a bit too low while also having too much of our power locked in certain Legendaries.

Thorns is fun though.

Yep, pretty much this. Burst damage was fine with Fires of Heaven + condemned. The issues are elsewhere. They nerfed FOH (which is fair, it was too much dmg especially with Fate of the Fell), but with the changes to shield bash and Fist of the Heavens, it kind of brings things into a more comfortable spot, since these spenders don't use 40 wrath like FOH did.

And obviously thorns is just broken along with WD crit damage. I assume they'll fix it ASAP.

dengatron

i had a thorns crit for 460 mil on torment 4 earlier. harrington belt effectively doubled the normal crits for 230 million. time to take it into torment 6 and rock out some billion crits.

jersoc

Yeah that item was way too good.

Was in a group with a Monk who had that. His gear was about the same as mine but he was basically clearing mobs 3 times as fast thanks to the MLW amulet. Now I believe it has an internal cooldown to the proc.

I wonder what else got stealth nerfed/changed in this patch.
It was I knew something was coming. Might have to give melee wiz a rest now. Though anything higher than t1 doesn't seem worth it anyways.

Miragith

Blue Post for Iron Maiden passive

So, before things get too crazy, I've got some information on what's going on with the Iron Maiden passive and want to make sure you all know what's up before relying too heavily on this skill.

There is a bug with Iron Maiden where it is currently (erroneously) scaling with monster difficulty, which means at higher difficulties it's reaching some extremely high values. This is not intended, and we have plans to completely redesign this passive in a future patch. We want to give you a heads up so that you don't spend your resources building exclusively around this skill when we're fairly certain it's going to change.

We do plan on hotfixing this passive in the very near future to lower amounts. However, as with most hotfixes of this nature, the tooltip will be incorrect even after the hotfix is live.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Monks after patches:

giphy.gif

scy

Oh good, now we can go back to talking about all the other crusader changes.

Minimal testing but so far my Lightning builds (1H and 2H) feel worse than my old build even with access to better +Elemental Damage and similar amounts of +Skill Damage.

just beat the final boss in Act 5.

at first it only dropped rare. i'm like WTF. then 2 seconds later 3 legs dropped. lol

jXNvBKxs9uLEf.jpg

finally done with this. time to start the new modes

Baliis

I had typed a long ass response but it's honestly just a waste of time.

Frozen orb didn't hit 3 times, or do 3x the dmg it's supposed to do. The explosion for the bonus dmg was a fairly large range, and that's what made it overpowered. You could get that bonus damage consistently without having to aim it properly. The bug was fixed. That's that.

If people honestly think the spell is broken I don't know what to tell you. This is the way it is, and this is the way it's supposed to be. Why is it good? because its got a huge range for starters, and it pierces and explodes for bonus damage if you aim it right.

I can't really agree with you. Frozen orb is significantly better than any other rune due to its multiple hits adding up to about double its tool tip damage. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you look at say, Spark or whatever the lightning rune is called, it also hits more than once, but still sums properly to the tool tip damage. One of them isn't working as intended, though it might not be Frozen Orb, it still needs to be looked at.

Cipherr

Frozen orbs big range on detonation made it stupid easy to get high damage from a reckless player that didnt even care to aim it right. Lowering the radius removes that effectiveness from the reckless player, but allows the skill to remain just as ridiculously powerful in the hands of a skilled player that aims properly. Overall damage output from your random Wiz in a 4 man will decrease a bit, but the well played ones will still wreck face.

All in all, its a tame change that doesn't effect good players at all really. Couldn't ask for a better 'nerf'.

I guess peer blocker blocks Diablo? It seems to be working now after killing peer block.

You will have to create an allow list that allows blizzards server ip ranges. I have to do it for all of my games or I cannot play anything lol.

lexi

Banned
Played this morning and Frozen Orb is as good as ever, I haven't really noticed the changes.

What's this about a Mirrorball nerf though? :(

TheYanger

Played this morning and Frozen Orb is as good as ever, I haven't really noticed the changes.

It's supposedly just the proc rate effect on thunderfury/etc and possibly life on hit. It still does as much damage.

Hopefully the crit damage affecting WD pets is intentional. Having it capped at 50% for all this time was stupid as hell. For the people who are complaining about the big crits..that's on a summon that lasts only 15 seconds and has a cooldown. WD doesn't have a big nuke button like other classes.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
650k dps/720k dps buffed still feels sooooooo weak for a crusader on T1

Whenever i fix my amulet it will help (missing crit dmg)

My numbers are kinda fluffed by attack speed... but still. Blizz needs to fix this- my wiz is half assed and decimates my crusader

scy

FotH Fissure and Blessed Hammer? That's not a good sign.

Well, it is definitely better than before for those skills but, compared to my old setup, it is definitely a lot slower than that. I can probably optimize a bit better but I may just end up sticking to my old style of play and just dealing with the damage loss.

My numbers are kinda fluffed by attack speed... but still. Blizz needs to fix this- my wiz is half assed and decimates my crusader

What is your build? Crusader clear speeds are basically all tied into whether or not their initial burst (or shortly after) kills the pack. If they have to cycle into multiple rotations, the kill speed plummets. Kind of makes their progression this awkward "requires X to be good and everything below it is bad" sort of thing.

Hopefully the crit damage affecting WD pets is intentional. Having it capped at 50% for all this time was stupid as hell. For the people who are complaining about the big crits..that's on a summon that lasts only 15 seconds and has a cooldown. WD doesn't have a big nuke button like other classes.

Preach.

Just crafted the claw on my first try. Came exactly as is so I can still reroll something but it looks good. Life on spirit spent into aspd or %damage might eventually be done though. My plan is getting that two piece and then making the Cains boots and pants for the 2 piece. Should be a significant dps boost as I don't believe you can get aspd at 70 on those pieces.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well, it is definitely better than before for those skills but, compared to my old setup, it is definitely a lot slower than that. I can probably optimize a bit better but I may just end up sticking to my old style of play and just dealing with the damage loss.

What is your build? Crusader clear speeds are basically all tied into whether or not their initial burst (or shortly after) kills the pack. If they have to cycle into multiple rotations, the kill speed plummets. Kind of makes their progression this awkward "requires X to be good and everything below it is bad" sort of thing.

I dont use a cooldown dependent build. Burst abilities are and always will be lame as fuck.

Punish/sweep
Law of justice
Steed for mobility (because crusaders arent mobile)
Judgment -100% crit
Heavens fury

Using stand your ground - indestructible (i have a ring that kind of mirrors this in regen, so its very helpful for survivability) - regen on block - armor buff by block chance

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DopeyFish-1362/hero/43867457

idlewild_

Looks like something bugged out on my acct, was trying to reforge my bracers when i get kicked from the server saying i d/c'd. Tried to create a new game and i get a queue(?!) which fails after like 15s. So I tried restarting the client, and now it gives an error while trying to load my character :-/

N5fHVvL.png

can't switch characters or anything to get around this either; got hit with this right as I got a great reroll on my bracers too so there's goes those mats :-/

oh well, luckily it didn't hit later tonight when i was planning on id'ing my stash

edit: haha, right after i post this i see someone suggest to login to wow and then try d3 again, that seems to have fixed it.

The frozen orb tears are hilarious as fuck. You can tell the baddies from the goodies with the whining over FO being "nerfed"...when it really hasn't been.

And the crusader tears...there is such sweet irony in that, bug or not.

The Cowboy

Just crafted the claw on my first try. Came exactly as is so I can still reroll something but it looks good. Life on spirit spent into aspd or %damage might eventually be done though. My plan is getting that two piece and then making the Cains boots and pants for the 2 piece. Should be a significant dps boost as I don't believe you can get aspd at 70 on those pieces.
Tasty, I'm still trying to get the plan, i have every item for the crafting of the WD knife but the plan just doesn't want to drop for me. Its like the Living Umbral Oath all over again, with that i had everything but the torn soul and it just never dropped for me.

It will be mine, ohh yes - IT WILL BE MINE!.

garath

Hmm. Thorns didn't seem to be that strong to me. I only have a level 63 crusader in t1 though so maybe that's it. I'm not geared for the massive tanking that's needed.

Baliis

Hmm. Thorns didn't seem to be that strong to me. I only have a level 63 crusader in t1 though so maybe that's it. I'm not geared for the massive tanking that's needed.

It scales to 500k base thorns in t6, then iron skin multiplies it by like 8 plus it can crit. It gets out of hand really fast.

Totakeke

It's already nerfed and it really only worked on t6. And you have to use iron skin - reflective skin to trigger it.

Instro

I kind of agree but at the same time it basically makes it pointless to play anything other than a full pet build now, even dogs will probably do pretty decent damage now. At the very least fetishes and the garg must be somewhere in your build given how much damage they do now. Although I suppose at this point fetishes were really already a given.

Ramirez

I only have 580K DPS and I wreck T1, and do T2 relatively easy, what are you doing?

Though, I have the Blade of Prophecy, and I see no one talking about it. It's proc is a Condemn explosion on anything hit by the initial Condemn, I can take Elites down to half health sometimes on the first one, it's crazy good!

Dahbomb

It scales with difficulty. At T1 it's doing like 10K or some damage. At T6 (70 level) it does 500K damage. Then you use Iron Skin and it multiplies that by like 8 times. Then it can crit so you have all these 200+ million damage thorns.

The only caveat to it is that you need to be hit for it to take effect and in T6 monsters can do a ton of damage to you. So you need a group that maximizes survivability (stacking a bunch of defensive auras).

The frozen orb tears are hilarious as fuck. You can tell the baddies from the goodies with the whining over FO being "nerfed"...when it really hasn't been.

And the crusader tears...there is such sweet irony in that, bug or not.

Your posting style makes you seem like a really fun dude to hang out with.

-----

Back to testing out the other improved stuff. I'll say that the 15% passive damage reduction alone has made me feel so much sturdier on my crusader.

scy

I dont use a cooldown dependent build. Burst abilities are and always will be lame as fuck.

I mean, you have just about as many Cooldown abilities as my build did. Arguably more since Judgement is basically adding an extra cooldown onto your damage. Here's what I ran pre-patch. Just Condemn them together on pull, Shield Glare to full, dump your Wrath, collect your loot. The whole "burst" part of it is waiting for Wrath, not necessarily waiting on cooldowns themselves.

I'm actually surprised that Frozen orb wasn't nerfed too badly. It just got it AoE reduced. Just gotta aim better. The chill effect is fine, since the first FO you fire will trigger Cold Blooded anyways.

The teleport "net buff" is really a nerf. The ability to teleport 4 times is far superior to slight extra distance and teleporting 3 times. Not to mention this also nerfs Cosmic Strand's ability, from 4 TP-calamity to 3.

What exactly is different about frost orb now? it's hard to tell from the patch notes description. I don't really care if they reduce the dmg of it a bit as long as it's still fine, but knowing blizzard they tend to make drastic blind changes with a 'we'll look if it's better now later' attitude.

How bad is the AP building nerf? That's the one I'm most worried about, I hate having to spend all my time left clicking with the shitty builders (I don't have a 2 missile mirrorball...)
This was an issue on my DH as well before I got cindercoat and it made me not want to play him at all in rifts.
I don't understand why they change the regen from electrocute, you still have to left click (at least I do with my 68 percent crit chance and 4ap per crit) plenty and I'm worried it'll make the class frustrating to play like clustershot demon hunter is if you don't have the right legendaries to make your builders not shit /spam cluster arrow more freely.

I fear this change will make AP on crit pretty much mandatory and it's already insanely rare to get a useful roll on any legendary/set source (2 trash tal rasha sources and 5 different legendary ones and I'm still using my superior rare one that I found the day I hit 70...)
AP on crit becoming another mandatory roll to make the playstyle enjoyable would only make it harder and add another arbitrary gearcheck (in this case loot RNG check) to make a build viable (something POE has made me allergic to)

If I hate the AP change idk what to do with my wizard, I spent SO many souls and so much gold on rerolling my gear for arcane orb spec , most of my pieces are now 500k+ gold to reroll and several of my best items I can't reroll to another element (to go arcane for example) because I found them with a good frost dmg roll and decided to roll crit or crit dmg or a better int roll on them...

I also don't understand the hate towards wizards or frost orb spec on the last pages, it's not a competitive game guys, if your class is shit or inherently unfun to play (like DH builders being crap and the playstyle sucking until you are lucky enough to find some key legendaries) then ask blizzard to fix that, not to spitenerf some other class.

Been playing my DH for the past 3 days and I'm glad to have a wiz in my group blowing away the trash ,just as I'm glad I can blow away the boss in seconds (my 1m dps DH kills manglemaw on t6 in 4-8 seconds depending on crits while my 1.6m dmg wizard takes a good 15 seconds)

Also, can anyone give me some advice on Witch doctor builds ingame? (finicky#2766 on EU) mine has about 900k sheet dmg but I geared him for acid rain/poison dmg while leveling and the damage in t1 rifts is just awful with this spec

edit@ people lamenting the rakkis crossing quest fix to level up fast, you can still get boosted extremely fast
1-40 you host on your alt and run the rumford at the gate quest on t6 with a lvl 70, takes like 20 minutes?
40-60 you do t6 hellrift bounties (you might actually be able to do this in the same way you do the mothers now that I think of it, by having the low lvl player host, if so it's by far the fastest way to level) and invite the boostee when there are 1-2 mobs left, he tps in and collects his 5 levels, takes 5 minutes per run and less than an hour for 40-60 (and the booster still gets his massive amounts of gold from the bounty like usual, while the boostee also gets about 4 million gold out of it by the time he hits 70)

Xevren

My wiz is unaffected by the patch, wave of force all day. Very happy with the legendary craft mat increase buff, and the nerf to those annoying ghosts!

As someone who beat the game and has a level 40ish Wizard and thought the game was "okay" should I be looking to buy this expansion? I've heard a lot of good buzz since losing the AH, and I downloaded it again and played an act and kind of feel the same about it. Does it mostly shine in the new adventure and rift stuff, or should I be seeing the improvement in the normal mode now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom