• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaxident

Any help from fellow Monks? My RNG seems to be shitty with my Monk. I get more gems than anything else. Oddly, more of Legs are from bloostone gambles. Weird I know. I really like my build which I've based around lightning. Just wish my drops were more common.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/chrismun-1691/hero/7217230

You only have 20% lightning damage on gear, can grab an easy 15% on a rare amulet (20 on a legendary one). Andariel's I believe can roll lightning on a helm, Odyn Son for a weapon, and thunder gods vigor for a belt. But those are hard to get, so for now get a solid trifecta amulet with lightning (mystic makes this easy).

I also really love cyclone strike- lightning rune, but not sure what you'd replace. Epiphany with Inner Fire is ridiculously good, so I recommend that rune for sure. If your using it to survive, then you need more toughness. Diamond gem's in gear is perfectly fine. Gloves, Ring1, amulet should be pure dps if possible. Getting LTK damage to helm and any gear you can will also be huge. Monks are mainly off sheet damage, just gotta utilize it.

Fleet Footed is good for normal split bounties or whatever level you face roll no problem, but if your trying for t1 and up, either go more dps with Mythic Rhythm, Combination strike, Exalted soul (more LTK spam). If you want more toughness grab OWE and stack a single resist, monks can have the highest resist in the game with this.

And how bad can your RNG be with a Thunderfury?

Braag

Sweet Jesus, the new portraits are horrific. It honestly looks like one of the devs kids knocked them up for a school project.

ok, wow didn't expect that, the new portraits are hideous. It's like they just sprinkled some stars on them and called it a day.

cdyhybrid

Are the random crafting magic properties completely random? Or do they follow some sort of guidelines? Specifically, do certain types of weapons receive certain types of stats? Or should I always just craft the highest DPS weapon and pray I get good enchantments?

Moff

those goddamn gold prices for gems and enchanting are clearly balanced for people who earned dozens or hundreds of millions with the auction house, its a bit annoying honestly. I have enough souls, but the gold is holding me back. I only played at launch for a few months and didnt use the auction house much.

Kawl_USC

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kawl-1313/hero/45037498

This is my crusader a few days after hitting 70 after getting the expansion last week. Right now I'm pretty much just doing split farm bounties on Normal because I don't feel strong enough to contribute at T1, especially for split bounties which is what I'm assuming most people are going to be doing any how.

My question is basically, with my gear, is that what I should be doing? Or should I just bite the bullet and step it up to a higher difficulty? Also I'm mainly just messing around with my skills and passives at the moment as doing split bounties on Normal is a joke, but with the gear I'm working with, what are some decent skill set ups? Also, should I worry about rerolling stats on gear that isn't particularly note worthy like most of my gear? I went ahead and crafted the second highest level emerald and rerolled a socket onto my weapon because that seems to be pretty much mandatory but what about rerolling every piece of gear, is it worth it?

Sorry for asking for all the help, really just getting into D3 for the first time and really enjoying it but kind of not sure where to go from here.

Cipherr

Those flying ghosts attacks should have been nerfed a year ago. Annoying, unavoidable as far as I know once they 'lock' onto you and start their casting animation.

those goddamn gold prices for gems and enchanting are clearly balanced for people who earned dozens or hundreds of millions with the auction house, its a bit annoying honestly. I have enough souls, but the gold is holding me back. I only played at launch for a few months and didnt use the auction house much.

Yeah this is awful man. Those who had billions probably don't feel it, but you can tell they must have balanced around that. Selling fucking rares one full inventory at a time for 5k a pop while crafting gems costs 500k per is fucking stupid.

They had BETTER adjust those prices to be reasonable in the ladders since everyone on a ladder will be on a clean economy and starting from nothing.

Atlantis

At the moment I find myself running bounties/rifts for the money and any gear I get along the way is just a nice bonus.

Speaking of which, thanks to the new drop rates, I made myself two pieces of the Aughild's set tonight. They rolled fairly nicely which is a plus, but now I'm just grinding out money to reroll my Ring of Royal Grandeur. Joy.

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous. I've spent over 18m just creating gems so I could reroll my Stone of Jordan.

anthym

Neo Member
Finally got my mask of jeram tonight. My WD is a mixed bag. Originally I was going for as much physical damage as I could for fetishes but then I started finding tons of fire damage gear. I'm pretty much broke as far as gold goes so I'm going to have to farm a lot to be able to craft some more.

my doc

Damage and toughness aren't right. Dps is at 700k right now. My firebats just melt everything on t1 now and fetishes are hitting between 1-2 mil. I guess it's time to step up the difficulty.

Dreavus

damn. worth, at least?

if it took 18m in gems...that's like what? 20 re-rolls? after about 12 them shits are like a million per re-roll.

I think if they require a gem, it doesn't have a re-roll price. So technically the price doesn't go up, but it's hella expensive for each roll to begin with.

Negator

Today was a good day. Accidentally cut off the Firebird orb name. oh well.

IK9ZOEW.jpg
C6UfwZV.jpg

damn. worth, at least?

if it took 18m in gems...that's like what? 20 re-rolls? after about 12 them shits are like a million per re-roll.

I finally got +20% fire on my SoJ. Definitely wouldn't do it again, but I figured I had a higher chance of rolling Fire damage over another SoJ with 20% fire dropping.

Fucking gems man...fucking gems.

Ragnaroz

Ok, fellow crusaders! Anyone got a good idea for a fresh new build after the latest patch?
Actually, the old Condemn build should be even better now that Akarat rune Rally can reduce it's cooldown. If you could get 50%+ CDR(which isn't that much of a problem) your Sader will be very strong.

kurohana

I did believe Frozen Orb needed a radius nerf, but I think they overdid it honestly. You basically need mobs on top of eachother and at a specific range to get the most out of the skill. I'm of the opinion that they should have just made all the orb skills useful instead of just making them all terrible now, but oh well. I was using Thunderfury and Mirrorball so I got hit even harder than just Orb being pretty awful now.

Luckily I've been collecting other stuff because I knew this nerf was coming. Moving on to Arcane at least.

What really bothers me though honestly was that my friend's DH could deal 1 billion damage in under 10 seconds before the marauder set became overpowered with CHD being uncapped for "pets" and while I know he basically was glass cannon to achieve this, it was basically impossible for me to come close to that damage, even going all offense. People saw how well Wizard does because these glass cannon heroes that can't play a torment higher than 2 do so well. I mad.

Moff

I'm a wizard, and I approve the frost orb nerf. I already hated it in diablo 2, its such a boring no brainer skill, but I felt dumb for not using it, because it was so overpowered. patch wasnt live in EU yesterday, but I hope I can go back do disintegrating now.

Totakeke

I did believe Frozen Orb needed a radius nerf, but I think they overdid it honestly. You basically need mobs on top of eachother and at a specific range to get the most out of the skill. I'm of the opinion that they should have just made all the orb skills useful instead of just making them all terrible now, but oh well. I was using Thunderfury and Mirrorball so I got hit even harder than just Orb being pretty awful now.

Luckily I've been collecting other stuff because I knew this nerf was coming. Moving on to Arcane at least.

What really bothers me though honestly was that my friend's DH could deal 1 billion damage in under 10 seconds before the marauder set became overpowered with CHD being uncapped for "pets" and while I know he basically was glass cannon to achieve this, it was basically impossible for me to come close to that damage, even going all offense. People saw how well Wizard does because these glass cannon heroes that can't play a torment higher than 2 do so well. I mad.

I wanna see your friend's DH profile.

Trickster

Sweet Jesus, the new portraits are horrific. It honestly looks like one of the devs kids knocked them up for a school project.

And I though the portrait for paragon lvl 100 was bad. This is just terrible. It's like they gave to the job to an intern, and then implemented the first version the intern made without anyone giving it a look over before implementing it.

kurohana

His stuff consists of 113% fire damage and a Stone of Jordan. I don't know the names of everything but he used the skill to turn discipline into hatred for more resource and he used the new 61 skill to build hatred quickly. Doing this he could achieve a ton of burst with the typical Cluster Arrow build. I forgot he also had that belt that gives you more damage when you open something. Used the wolf for the damage buff and he used some form of Rain of Vengeance, the one with the grenades I think.

IceMarker

So... I ran into the Cow Rift. Announced it in chat and filled up my originally solo game in under a minute. There's an event inside that gives loads of XP, probably the equivalent of three T1 rifts in minutes. I saw 1.1m XP and 26k GP per mob.

fbsZkTz.jpg

sYaHz8v.jpg

#CrusaderSwag

3uvJrdv.gif

His stuff consists of 113% fire damage and a Stone of Jordan. I don't know the names of everything but he used the skill to turn discipline into hatred for more resource and he used the new 61 skill to build hatred quickly. Doing this he could achieve a ton of burst with the typical Cluster Arrow build. I forgot he also had that belt that gives you more damage when you open something.

yea it's like 100% damage buff for 10 seconds when opening a chest. and yea, that sounds like heavy damage. Especially considering DH passives.

Totakeke

So... I ran into the Cow Rift. Announced it in chat and filled up my originally solo game in under a minute. There's an event inside that gives loads of XP, probably the equivalent of three T1 rifts in minutes. I saw 1.1m XP and 26k GP per mob.

fbsZkTz.jpg

sYaHz8v.jpg

#CrusaderSwag

3uvJrdv.gif

I didn't see any event last time I was in there. :(

scy

;___;

Dahbomb

How do you get the Cow Rift???!!

I have dozens of Rifts already.... no idea how to get the Cow rift!

I wish these events or special Rifts were more common. Stuff like uber elite rifts, goblin rifts and pony/bear rifts really add spice to the runs. They should really build on this... have like a chance to spawn triple Rift Guardians at the end for 5x the loot!

How do you get the Cow Rift???!!

I have dozens of Rifts already.... no idea how to get the Cow rift!

I wish these events or special Rifts were more common. Stuff like uber elite rifts, goblin rifts and pony/bear rifts really add spice to the runs. They should really build on this... have like a chance to spawn triple Rift Guardians at the end for 5x the loot!

Yes please!

scy

Ok, fellow crusaders! Anyone got a good idea for a fresh new build after the latest patch?

The build I've been trying since the patch. Unsure if I like Heaven's Tempest more than Fissure at the moment. Tempest ticks better without factoring the Fissure arcs but the arcs could be enough to push it over. I still run Condemn because it's just too good and Charged Up adds a lot of damage with all the damage procs going around. If Falling Sword gets buffed into something usable, I'd probably slot it here over Provoke. Maybe.

I tried some 2H Holy builds with Heaven's Fury back to a cooldown Rune (in place of Shield Glare) and Pound as the Wrath dump but it's just awkward and lacks the kind of AoE damage I'm used to. And Shield Bash is still awkward to throw out. I'm going to try farming a decent Golden Scourge and Hallowed Barricade and see how 1H Holy works for me.

Fire was :lol Maximus is dumb. It's my "glass cannon" build at like 7.8M Toughness plus my Wrath dump is only ~12 Wrath (Blazing Sweep) due to gear which makes the sustain of it feel a bit off. Also, Blazing Sweep is still bugged so there's that. I tried Combust but it seems to sometimes just ... miss? Like, it collides with no damage dealt? I probably just suck.

Asmodai48

His stuff consists of 113% fire damage and a Stone of Jordan. I don't know the names of everything but he used the skill to turn discipline into hatred for more resource and he used the new 61 skill to build hatred quickly. Doing this he could achieve a ton of burst with the typical Cluster Arrow build. I forgot he also had that belt that gives you more damage when you open something. Used the wolf for the damage buff and he used some form of Rain of Vengeance, the one with the grenades I think.

Considering thats a long cooldown and requires a chest to be around.... very situational dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom