• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Anyone got a good thorns Crusader build? I've been testing a few things but was left underwhelmed. Do thorns scale with weapon damage at all or only with CC/CHD?

Baliis

Anyone got a good thorns Crusader build? I've been testing a few things but was left underwhelmed. Do thorns scale with weapon damage at all or only with CC/CHD?

Thorns scales with str, but cannot crit. Iron skin however can, so you're going to want to maximize its uptime as most of your damage will come from it.

fedexpeon

Banned
Got a great shield for a block build last night

eIx1SqG.png

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OrgunUK-1632/hero/45151508

The eff?
Is that a bug?
I thought they fix block value for lvl 70.

Sweet Jesus, the new portraits are horrific. It honestly looks like one of the devs kids knocked them up for a school project.

Those are unbelievable. The bat wings alone look terrible and don't even fit correctly in the player list when grouped. But the stars, they just shit up the already mediocre art. Maybe this is some sort of one patch temp art, like the Kadala icons ended up being. I want to believe...

Nete

Glorious, 32 mil, gawd damn. Link me your gear, mine only crits for about 13 mil.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kharn-2862/hero/38515461

93% holy plus 36% elite damage helps :p. Against whites hits for 20+.

Testing the new patch, shotgun nerf (though I don't have the flail yet) doesn't feel so bad. I like the boost on the others skills (I've been always a Blessed Shield fan and I always will be), but I steel believe is the best holy spender on wrath/damage.

EDIT: Oh my, the Condemn spam with Akarat-Rally. Managed for now to fire 5 in one activation vs some elite packs in Torment 3, 4 while farming Malthael. Awesome burst, need the full set ASAP.

Zeliard

After getting two or three total legendary drops from goblins - literally - since Diablo's 3 launch, I somehow managed to get a leg drop and a set drop from two consecutive goblins while grouping tonight. Couldn't believe it. The sheer luck there seems crazy to me.

The set drop was Firebird boots, which I gave away to a group member because I'm just that nice. And I already had it.

Leg drop was more interesting, this:

izYtDqDHorh1Y.png

Hopefully I can re-roll the damage value to high crit damage without a big fuss. My current amulet has excellent crit chance/crit damage values - 9.5% and 90% respectively - and it's been nice to have. But if I can get a high crit damage roll on this without wasting too many Forgotten Souls, it's gonna be sweet - trifecta + arcane invulnerability. Thank you... treasure goblin?

Radec

^
Or you use both side by side.

I got 3 ammys on me, 1 yellow which has some nice stats, then that arcane dmg absorbion ammy, then the lightning absorbion ammy.

I switch depending on the affix of the elite.

I've been using Sheild Bash with the Shattered Shield rune today, it's actually pretty fun to use. It seems to get a little wonky if the mob is up against a wall.

Also got a Wrath of the Bone King today with black damage 1000 str and increase damage, reforged a socket to it but damn, I lose about 120k hp equipping it, and im not sure if I should drop my Stalgard's Decimator, the proc on that is just so good.

Guess i'll have to do some testing on Ghom tomorrow.

Is it really recommended to just farm Horadric Cache on Normal until I can deal with T1 reasonably fast? My DH still feels weak in Master.
DPS - 227k, 525k (buffed)
Toughness - 3.5m

Zeliard

^
Or you use both side by side.

I got 3 ammys on me, 1 yellow which has some nice stats, then that arcane dmg absorbion ammy, then the lightning absorbion ammy.

I switch depending on the affix of the elite.

If I can get a good crit damage roll on it I'll probably just keep it on permanently.

With high crit damage the only thing the rare amulet would have above the leg one is +VIT, and my vitality is already decent enough. The rare one also lacks IAS which is very useful for my current build, for AP generation and quick Arcane Dynamo stacks.

jersoc

first set shoulders. firebird :|

come on, that's just fucking with my emotions. thought i got my first tal's, but nope.

kurohana

That belt is over doubling his dps... so without a chest his dps will half if not more.

Yes I already said it pretty much halved the time, I also didn't count it into my statement, because there usually isn't a chest. It's not as if DH doesn't do good damage without it. My friend and I group on T4 and while I throw frozen orbs at mobs running around and not doing full damage, my friend just cluster arrows and oneshots shit, no aiming or guessing required. I also don't think cluster arrow needs nerfed, but since it's such a popular DH build it's probably on the chopping block soon. It seems extremely premature of blizzard to nerf the radius of a skill that's only amazing at lower torment levels. We don't really have amazing spenders to use on the move as it is.

Taz

Frozen orb nerf ? Not really

AP regen from a broken skill which everyone knew about fixed ? Yep

Wizards been my main since vanilla and I stopped playing because the huge amount of them , maybe now I can start playing her again.

Can't see why people moan about things getting fixed, everyone knew it would.

Yaari

Just wondering regarding Kadala, but does she have every Legendary (Except for the Hordache exclusive perhaps) on her loot table?

I've been getting 4 off-hand set items from her and it's always a Chantodo's Force.

kurohana

Frozen orb nerf ? Not really

AP regen from a broken skill which everyone knew about fixed ? Yep

Wizards been my main since vanilla and I stopped playing because the huge amount of them , maybe now I can start playing her again.

Can't see why people moan about things getting fixed, everyone knew it would.

You realize people had issue with Frozen Orb hitting 3 times right? Guess how many times Frozen Orb still hits? They didn't fix the main issue with the spell, it still does more damage. That's assuming you can get every hit.

So I just played my wizard for a while with my pre-patch electrocute/frozen orb build. It doesn't seem like the changes are that bad? I noticed the orbs have a weaker freezing effect but other than that it seems pretty okay.

Are Pender's Purchase the only level 70 non set craftable gloves? I'm currently using a fairly decent pair of yellow gloves (529 int, 581 vit, cc 9.5%, cd 46% + 2 secondary affixes) so finding a good replacement seems difficult. Should I try crafting the Pender gloves or just wait it out for a set drop?

Baliis

Havik was asking me about it earlier and I've seen people asking about it on the forums, so I thought I'd post that the change to Mirrorball's proc rates from the bonus missiles does NOT affect the Conflagrate rune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-2OvTyNybE

My conflag ticks are in the 300k from the single missile stack, 900k from a triple stack.

kurohana

I honestly don't know if people are joking or not when they say they barely see the difference in Frozen Orb. If you play on any higher torment and a mob that doesn't die in 2 seconds can basically just sit on top of you, you're losing a lot of damage. If you're playing on T1 and T2 and facerolling it, you're not going to notice much change.

Taz

You realize people had issue with Frozen Orb hitting 3 times right? Guess how many times Frozen Orb still hits? They didn't fix the main issue with the spell, it still does more damage. That's assuming you can get every hit.

You do know that it's a skill that explodes and then shreds( pierces ) the problem was the area that it did this was huge, the reason it does a lot of damage is because the tool tip is 393%, the way it works is not a bug, the area it worked in was.

You do know that it's a skill that explodes and then shreds( pierces ) the problem was the area that it did this was huge, the reason it does a lot of damage is because the tool tip is 393%, the way it works is not a bug, the area it worked in was.

All I know is now my 1.5m dmg wizard with 68 crit chance 50 percent frost dmg and 42 percent orb dmg now takes longer to clear t1 rifts than my 870k DH
the gear difference between my wiz (who I've played since ros launch) and my DH (4 days old char with little playtime or gear except for a cindercoat ) is huge

I was clearing rifts on t2-t3 before , figured I'd earned the ability to do that by grinding 180 t1-t2 rifts on the wizard and hundreds of bounty runs

They way overdid it especially the lack of AP regen is a huge compounding dps nerf on higher torment levels where you can't 2-3 shot mobs
Before the patch I could pretty much never stop running (with my warzechian bracers speeding runs up tons) on t1 now it's constant stopping to spam AP up over 4 seconds with the new electrocute

I'd change my spec but after farming non stop for weeks and most of the pieces not being able to reroll for arcane or fire damage or missile /meteor (and the few that are being very costly) it would mean nearly a full restart on gearing up (which after spending all this time is out of the question)
Hey at least I'm only a bolas quiver or buriza xbow away from matching my pre patch wizard on my DH..

Maybe blizzard should have made these changes during that long RoS beta before people invest 2 weeks into mystic rerolls and farming

Taz

All I know is now my 1.5m dmg wizard with 68 crit chance 50 percent frost dmg and 42 percent orb dmg now takes longer to clear t1 rifts than my 870k DH
the gear difference between my wiz (who I've played since ros launch) and my DH (4 days old char with little playtime or gear except for a cindercoat ) is huge

I was clearing rifts on t2-t3 before , figured I'd earned the ability to do that by grinding 180 t1-t2 rifts on the wizard and hundreds of bounty runs

They way overdid it especially the lack of AP regen is a huge compounding dps nerf on higher torment levels where you can't 2-3 shot mobs
Before the patch I could pretty much never stop running (with my warzechian bracers speeding runs up tons) on t1 now it's constant stopping to spam AP up over 4 seconds with the new electrocute

The damage wasn't change on frozen orb only the area that pierce shards hit so your damage is the same, the dps loss your seeing is from using a bugged skill for insane AP regen, let's be real here do you think "pet" damage is going to stay like this for long ?. I understand it sucks that you feel it's not as effective but everyone knew that both skills were bugged.

Grampasso

Last 2 days were strange. While my dmg now is ok, I'm struggling with thoughness.
Here's my profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2866/hero/102681
I think my life is too much low to begin with, and probably my all res is not that high.
I dropped quite a bit of legs, especially 2 days ago when I did T3 rumford runs (4 legs and 3 leg plans in 1 hour), but I can't use anything (except that unsocketed Andariel to boost my fire dmg).
I got Depth Diggers, Andariel's Visage, Cape of the Dark Knight (all socketless), Nemesis Bracers, 2 quivers and a shitload of necks (all worse than mine) to reroll but no souls to do it. The quivers can wait since I'm currently using 2 crossbows until a bow drops. Guess I should try and run some rifts to farm them or just wait for better drops though it seems a waste. Still need my luck to turn around since it seems I always drop the same things (Amulets and rings for the most part) and not a single DH set item. Currently running TII no problem, T3 is a bit harder especially due to the low thoughness

let's be real here do you think "pet" damage is going to stay like this for long ?. I understand it sucks that you feel it's not as effective but everyone knew that both skills were bugged.

Pretty sure pet damage on my Fetishes has already been nerfed. Other pets seems buffed still.

Jyrii

Banned
Quite simply, play more. There isn't really anything wrong with your gearing, you just need to get drops is all...which means play more. Also use Unwavering Will.

heh I was kind of expecting that reply.

Unwavering Will I haven't used since I tend to move quite a lot and do bunch of misclicks (yes I know my build is tanky melee).

GorillaJu

Fist of the Heavens - decent. Thanks for that.
Sweep Attack - highest dmg rune is bugged. No holy dmg option. Holy shock is physical
Shield Bash - often misses targets and does 0 dmg for 30 wrath, doesn't seem to be affected by attack speed
Blessed Shield - has a bug which causes your character to die at random (in soviet Russia, shield bashes you!)
Blessed Hammer - works ok

Lots of great options for wrath spenders right now.

The damage wasn't change on frozen orb only the area that pierce shards hit so your damage is the same, the dps loss your seeing is from using a bugged skill for insane AP regen, let's be real here do you think "pet" damage is going to stay like this for long ?. I understand it sucks that you feel it's not as effective but everyone knew that both skills were bugged.

I don't use pets on my DH....
cindercoat arandiel (with a bad roll) some cluster arrow rerolls on boots and quiver and preparation blood vengeance and night stalker

my DH now has vastly much better resource useage than my wizard thanks to cindercoat (this has always been an issue with DH that should have been fixed ages ago , that the spec isn't viable without cindercoat) and more sustained dmg on trash (DH always had more dmg on bosses because of the cooldowns)despite inferior gear in most slots

Instead of fixing dh sustain (which still relies on finding a specific quiver or specific bow or a cindercoat) they just put frost wizards at their level

Again , considering how much better my wizard was geared, how much of a glass cannon he is and how squishy he is in t3 and up (3.7m toughness 300k hp) how borked DH sustain is without the right items it's rather silly that the (again broken needs buffing sustain to not rely on loot rng) DH with 6m toughness is now faster

Baliis

heh I was kind of expecting that reply.

Unwavering Will I haven't used since I tend to move quite a lot and do bunch of misclicks (yes I know my build is tanky melee).

There's nearly 0 reason to not use UW. I play a super mobile WoF build and I still run it because it's nearly always on. With all my buffs, it's a straight 2mil toughness and 100k damage increase.

Jyrii

Banned
There's nearly 0 reason to not use UW. I play a super mobile WoF build and I still run it because it's nearly always on. With all my buffs, it's a straight 2mil toughness and 100k damage increase.

Ok, maybe I will give it another go.

Totakeke

Playing with FotH Fissure is like playing a puzzle game. I'm not sure how you guys use this to kill ranged mobs that keep running around. Seems like judgment is a must.

Was I wrong to put Ruby's into my Crusaders pants with two sockets? Just noticed a few people posting items with Diamons in them for the Res All.
I would go for the diamonds. What good is damage if you're not able to survive to deal it? I've switched out pretty much all my VIT and INT/DEX gems (depending on which character I'm on) for diamonds, makes a huge difference.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Was I wrong to put Ruby's into my Crusaders pants with two sockets? Just noticed a few people posting items with Diamons in them for the Res All.

Diamonds are a good stop gap for when you are gearing. When you finally get AR on all pieces of gear and start putting gems like royal at +220 strength, that has the equivalent of 220 armor (damage mitigation of 22 all resist)

Gems are where you fill in what you are lacking... You are always playing a balancing act

DSmalls84

So far I'm really enjoying my Crusader build using Slash (Electrify) and Fist of the Heavens (Fissure). It works pretty well being able to stun enemies and drop multiple fissures around them for huge damage. Haven't really tried the buffed Blessed Hammer fire rune yet to see if I like it or not.

Fist of the Heavens - decent. Thanks for that.
Sweep Attack - highest dmg rune is bugged. No holy dmg option. Holy shock is physical
Shield Bash - often misses targets and does 0 dmg for 30 wrath, doesn't seem to be affected by attack speed
Blessed Shield - has a bug which causes your character to die at random (in soviet Russia, shield bashes you!)
Blessed Hammer - works ok

Lots of great options for wrath spenders right now.

This is the thing that annoys me the most. My Crusader build is really tanky without any ranged skills, but shield bash at least in theory could help with the pesky agile enemies...but it really doesn't. If you try to charge an enemy that's running away from you, it rarely hits them, and yes it wastes 30 wrath. Other than that I love using it in combo with judgment and the 80% crit strike chance rune; does tons of damage and there's no cooldown (well judgment has a cool down).

Nete

Got a Shard of Hate some days ago, now this. Blizzard really wants me to play barb (won't happen) or monk. For now, I guess will be my WD weapon.

7914bad4eff1f9b44d872a84c6704c2d.png

NeoCross

Barbs are just too freakin' fun to play, can't imagine playing anything else (cept my DH). Now if only that SoH/Thunderfury would drop. A fulminator would be nice too, Blizz!

ParityBit

Question about the gambling for items. Some things cost more than others. Is that a set price for each piece, or does it change?

What level items will I get? Is it based on my character level? i.e. Do not try it with a sub-70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom