• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Orb, the one that every Wizard is using right now. It hits like 3 times. Reminds me of Nether Tentacles back in pre nerf Inferno days.

Edit: Shifty don't you have a stun fist Legendary? Now that shit definitely perma stuns. I can normally keep bosses stunned for a really long time with LTK though.

I'm not using it. I'm facerolling through T4 with forked discintigrate, forked lightning, and 40% buffs between arcane damage and disintegrate damage.

Svafnir

Anyone else want to see gear affixes that augment skill runes? We must go deeper.

My website does that.

Modify Skills

Note: The section is not fully complete. You will be to search for any legendary item that does anything with a specific skill and other specific legendary effects. Right now you can sort items by a couple categories, increased elemental damage, proc effects (items that cast spells or have a chance on hit) and things like that.

Anyone else want to see gear affixes that augment skill runes? We must go deeper.
That would be pretty cool. I'd welcome any further item effects that help provide new directions to take skill builds. Aside from actually being able to get useful gear, the new effects that alter play styles are bar none my favorite new addition.

Ashodin

My website does that.

Modify Skills

Note: The section is not fully complete. You will be to search for any legendary item that does anything with a specific skill and other specific legendary effects. Right now you can sort items by a couple categories, increased elemental damage, proc effects (items that cast spells or have a chance on hit) and things like that.

Svafnir's website is awesome!

Giggzy, get some gems in those sockets boy!

Nokterian

Can't remember if I ever posted this in the other thread, so gonna repost here.

Testing a bunch of +CS and +lightning dmg gear on my monk.

Sheet dps of ~115k which clears things faster than my ~250k dps set. Shows exactly why sheet dps means NOTHING in terms of actual dps, at least for monks anyway.

Vid of a T3 run

Armory Link

Doing your build in T1/2 and works pretty good! love the numbers flying everywhere. My damage is not super high yet around 80k but toughness is 1 million.

Dahbomb

I'm not using it. I'm facerolling through T4 with forked discintigrate, forked lightning, and 40% buffs between arcane damage and disintegrate damage.
Well aren't you the unique snowflake.

Right now I am playing a Lightning DH with Dual wield Xbows (Danetta and Iccubus Legendary bows). Build is Evasive Fire and Cluster Arrow with their Lightning Rune. Also using Vault with Tactical skill passive so I am moving around at top speed. Got Prep and Bat familiar for instant Discipline and Hatred. Haven't really fixed on a 6th skill yet, I use Jagged Spike Caltrops out of habit.

I am just running Hard through campaign really fast just to get a hang of DH again. It was actually pretty damn fun. I think I will use this to farm T1 until the expansion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So a pal of mine is streaming and he says he prefers high quality over efficient bandwidth.

My connection can't watch it properly, so I think it's a bad idea. Do you think it's a good idea if he wants more viewers? (newbie streamers don't get quality options in their streams)

If you wanna take a look yourself:
http://www.twitch.tv/suepahfly

Setting your bitrate so high most people can't watch it lag free is stupid.

Right now I am playing a Lightning DH with Dual wield Xbows (Danetta and Iccubus Legendary bows). Build is Evasive Fire and Cluster Arrow with their Lightning Rune. Also using Vault with Tactical skill passive so I am moving around at top speed. Got Prep and Bat familiar for instant Discipline and Hatred. Haven't really fixed on a 6th skill yet, I use Jagged Spike Caltrops out of habit.

I am just running Hard through campaign really fast just to get a hang of DH again. It was actually pretty damn fun. I think I will use this to farm T1 until the expansion.

I really, really want to try a new DH build. But honestly, I feel pigeon holed by my Krindershot. First world problems, right? But really...when you have such a strong leg, you feel obligated to maximize it's use and efficiency. It's cool having an item to build an entire hero's plan around, but I now feel like I can't enjoy the same level of success until I find some other OP bow that represents a sidegrade (like a Calamity)...and if I can't there's really no reason to switch my build. I feel the same way about my Monk and that exploding palm. How can I justfiy equipping and running any build that doesn't include exploding palm when I deal 93% of max hp in damage in a fucking aoe? I can't.

Hopefully I happen upon a Calamity. Also, a TF for some lightning Monk options would be nice, just for a change of pace. If not, I suppose this will only be an issue for me for about 6 more days, so w/e.

Mugaaz

I think you have his legacy in your post, with "Fuck that loser". Anything good he might have done in the original development of D3 is clouded by that. I can't count the number of times I've seen his name mentioned in some gaming news story, with the first (and successive) comments all being "Fuck that loser." Hell, it's even in the OT here. Perhaps future work and humility might change that, but I must admit, that's the first thing that pops into my head when I read the name. No malice or anything, but that's the strongest word association for me now.

I don't get this. SO FEW THINGS are actually changed in 2.0. I mean the game is 99% the same. There were just some super small things that RUINED the rest of the game. So much of the core game was unbelievably good. You had just a few tiny decisions that ruined everything. Guy will go down in infamy, but I think its shortsightedness. The game was saved by doing what? Removing the AH, which allowed the tweaking of drop rates. What else really changed? Nothing. Yeah, the AH was a fucking abomination, but it had never been done in something like this before. All the bitching about the AH beforehand was the real-money aspect of it, not the existence of the AH itself. Hindsight is 20/20. So much of what the AH changed was very hard to envision in a world before it existed.

Here's what Jay ruined:
AH
Itemization as result of AH
Overtuning of vanilla Inferno
Enrage timers on normal elite packs

Here's what he got right:
Everything else

MartyStu

Hardly. I use the exact same build.

And I did not know that about Arcane Orb. Still boring as shit to use though.

I don't get this. SO FEW THINGS are actually changed in 2.0. I mean the game is 99% the same. There were just some super small things that RUINED the rest of the game. So much of the core game was unbelievably good. You had just a few tiny decisions that ruined everything. Guy will go down in infamy, but I think its shortsightedness. The game was saved by doing what? Removing the AH, which allowed the tweaking of drop rates. What else really changed? Nothing. Yeah, the AH was a fucking abomination, but it had never been done in something like this before. All the bitching about the AH beforehand was the real-money aspect of it, not the existence of the AH itself. Hindsight is 20/20. So much of what the AH changed was very hard to envision in a world before it existed.

Here's what Jay ruined:
AH

Everything else

I don't agree with that. I'd argue that one decision with the AH shaped everything else. And any could have seen what a bad idea it was to tune the game to push people to the AH. It's basically a modified F2P model with all the frustrations and you're still paying 60 bucks for the game.

But the core of the game, the combat, and the design is remarkably fun. I had friends bag on the game when it came out, and it had it's issues, but the core gameplay has always been solid. Tuning the game to push people to the AH is what fucked it up. That's why the switch to loot 2.0 has basically saved the game.

I really hope this is a MASSIVE learning experience for blizzard.

Ashodin

I really, really want to try a new DH build. But honestly, I feel pigeon holed by my Krindershot. First world problems, right? But really...when you have such a strong leg, you feel obligated to maximize it's use and efficiency. It's cool having an item to build an entire hero's plan around, but I now feel like I can't enjoy the same level of success until I find some other OP bow that represents a sidegrade (like a Calamity)...and if I can't there's really no reason to switch my build. I feel the same way about my Monk and that exploding palm. How can I justfiy equipping and running any build that doesn't include exploding palm when I deal 93% of max hp in damage in a fucking aoe? I can't.

Hopefully I happen upon a Calamity. Also, a TF for some lightning Monk options would be nice, just for a change of pace. If not, I suppose this will only be an issue for me for about 6 more days, so w/e.
Naw son. It aint about dat efficiency. Its about DAT FUN. Play on lower torment levels and experiment.

Dahbomb

If I had a Kindershot I would replace Evasive Fire with Lightning Ball.

But I probably wouldn't use Kindershot because I would end up losing up on DPS especially since I don't have a good Quiver.

And playing on lower levels is pretty fun and really effecient in terms of getting good items. High difficulties is just for EXP gain and even then with my Vault build I can kill stuff and move really fast to the point where even at Expert/Master I am getting decent EXP per hour. Basically play at the level where you can 1-2 shot stuff with your main resource using move.

Ashodin

bMjDuQ8.png

Gettin' real tired of the misspelling.

LMAO mind blown.

Will still call it Kindershot.

and I shall continue to call it Krindershot. It flows much better off the tongue.

#dealwithitnerds

#letthechildrendie

and yea, Dahbomb I'll probably just lower the difficulty and run some new stuff. But damn...keeping it high and getting lots more exp has its own value. idk.

I got a cindercoat (30% less cost on fire spells and adds fire damage for skills, I got 19% rolled) and some meteor damage (11%) and I've been running meteor swarm. Only 188k damage after buffs (I take blur and using blackthrone pants for survivability instead of using my innas and something like conflagration or glass cannon) with force weapon and familiar but i do enough damage if friends want to farm t6 core of arreat while he draw aggro. I could do it myself if I kite with point of no return plus teleport with fracture but its much easier to land them if you have a monk or barb then you can get your damage higher taking more buffs. I can get close to 7 meteor swarms with astral presence (it regens fast enough for the 7th) off one full AP bar and with prodigy electrocution it refills back up fast.

Though farming t6 is just for shits and giggles running t4 or t5 for duos has been more efficient.

Braag

So do people refuse to talk in random public games or is it cause they can't speak English? Are they shy? cause it's pretty annoying.

Also fuck people who just run past all the enemies and go from one boss to another, why even join a public game if you're gonna ignore everyone else and keep running to checkpoints and steal all the buffs for yourself.

I really need to convince my friends to return to D3, I can't deal with these people anymore.

Giggzy

I know it's been said numerous times in this thread already, but what a difference loot 2.0 makes. Normally I wouldn't have any desire to play as the XP is out next week and anything I find will be rendered useless... But I can't stop. I fear for my life next week.

bcl0328

is it worth it to get life on hit through paragon points? i can't seem to stay alive unless i pot all the time.

was doing some portal runs on T3 and i had to run out and wait for potions all the time.

neoism

guys if any you guys dun know if you can only do T1 just do master of lower.. lol I just lowered my diff to expert on my monk was doing T1 and dying... got 2 legs and 1 set in 10 min
5 legs so far today doing that run a few pages back at the beginning of the game
:O :O :O
T1 really wont matter until level 70 ROS unless for exp..

Cipherr

guys if any you guys dun know if you can only do T1 just do master of lower.. lol I just lowered my diff to expert on my monk was doing T1 and dying... got 2 legs and 1 set in 10 min
5 legs so far today doing that run a few pages back at the beginning of the game

Im sticking to torment levels. Exp and paragons are the only things you can take with you to the expansion. All the gear will get replaced.

Arkanius

You guys are tempting me so much to buy Diablo 3 + RoS right now it's not even funny.
Push me to get 50€ poorer.

I tested Diablo 3 during the beta and hated it. Tested it again after patch 2.0 (With the free trial until Skeleton King)

I had fun and enjoyed it. (Monk)
Crusader looks awesome

What run was that?

Rokal

Here's what Jay ruined:
AH

Everything else

Arguably the stuff the original game got right (art, sound, animations) are the ones he was least responsible for.

The original difficulty balance sucked
The AH sucked
The way the AH affected drops sucked
The skill variety for classes sucked
The itemization variety sucked, and still sort of does (primary stat + crit + AS + all res)
The way legendaries were rolled (frequently beaten by uncommons) sucked
The 'unique' qualities of legendaries sucked
Repeating the game 3-4 times for every character to get to a somewhat challenging difficulty sucked
The way combat was *constantly* broken up by cut-scenes sucked

There were plenty of things that were wrong with the game at launch besides itemization, and most of them fall to the game director: Jay Wilson. Even design decisions outside of itemization were perfect, that is exactly the wrong thing to fuck up with a Diablo game.

As anyone that followed the game or played in earlier betas can attest to, there were also lots of systems that Blizzard invested into heavily which were scrapped, remade, and then scrapped again throughout the development of the game. The development team lacked focus from the top-down. After such a long development time we should have ended up with a bigger game (no tiny Act 4) with better systems in place. Instead we ended up with a shoddy mess which took almost a year to get an extremely basic version of the PvP system the game was intended to launch with.

Jay Wilson was not a good game director for Diablo 3 and he is rightly blamed for the terrible game we got two years ago.

Skab

Omg. I just found a chest event on Tristram Road, in the Damp Cellar, that spawned an undead Farnham.

Haven't seen that before. Nice little throw back.

Good riddance Jay. Such a horrible game director. "Barbs aren't imba." Yeah right. No offense to barbs, but even a blind man could see the pirouetting, fart-spewing Barbies were fucking imba back then. It's all on Jay.

However, while the gamers were fuming at Jay, I think the AH/RMAH made Blizzard a lot of money from the microtransactions. The management probably loved him for it.

The removal of AH/RMAH, increase drop rate and complete skill revamp turned D3 enjoyable again. It's the true successor that D2 should have gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom