• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Crusader can't even dual wield and doesn't even have the 30% damage reduction for being melee..

Shit class incoming.
1) He can 2H weapon 1H with a shield
2) Cru shields are SICK
3) Armor value boosts damage
4) Hammers
5) Typed this 1H while eating a taco

1) He can 2H weapon 1H with a shield
2) Cru shields are SICK
3) Armor value boosts damage
4) Hammers
5) Typed this 1H while eating a taco

This is something I'm pretty excited about. Ever since I started playing a Barbarian, I have dreamed about being able to wield a huge 2-hander. Currently the 2H-weapons are as good as garbage, but perhaps with the expansion and due to Crusader's abilities, they'll be viable. And I'll be happy.

I'll probably use a 2H and transmog it into a flail. Those things look fucking gangsta

Is that even possible? They're not the same item type technically

Skab

Also, my DH has seen the light.

zMmsrIF.png

Ashodin

It's a shield class. It's not exactly the same as Paladin. Half of the crusader skills require a shield. (Exaggeration)

Shields all day. Smash. Shield. Smash.

They said similar about Demon Hunters! It's a ranged class. MELEE SON. I CAN DO IT ON CRUSADER WATCH ME

Crusaders are not melee.

WANNA MAKE A BET

Also, my DH has seen the light.

Welcome to the Order
ibdN6GD.png

You join the ranks among us including my badass Melee DH

l1hv9H5.png

I'd post a pic of what my current DH looks like but his gear looks like trash even though it's awesome. And I just got Warzechian Armguards, so I'm Lightning spec again! WOOHOO

Also post your profile Skab!

stOex

Ultra hyped for he expansion. The clan system is also the best thing ever - private chat full of people that are all awesome plus instant game-join for clan games with open slots? So good.

I'm taking it easy before the expansion because I still have quite a few games to play through, but man, next week is gonna be awesome.

Hyped.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Almost 60 on my WD. Having fun with it. Can end up with a lot of fetish things on screen at once stabbing fools. I think I'll level the rest through Adventure Mode though. After getting WD to 60, I'll hop back on my Monk and grind Paragon levels until the xpac. Woooo!

GorillaJu

From what I understand reading comments from people in beta, crusaders are mediocre at best in terms of strength.

I just want to play one because new class.

A few of their skills seemed like some builds id like to try. Hammers obviously are fun, but I like a thorns-focused build as well, and I really like the passive that increases Nephalem Glory duration coupled with the aura that makes enemies drop Glory bottles when hit. Seems like a really fun party-oriented build.

Skab

Man, the some of the bonuses on the level 70 sets are pretty awesome

Embodiment of the Marauder
Marauder's Carapace
Marauder's Encasement
Marauder's Gloves
Marauder's Spines
Marauder's Treads
Marauder's Visage
(2) Set:
+500 Dexterity
(4) Set:
Companion calls all companion types to your side.
(6) Set:
Sentries cast your equipped Hatred spenders.

Ultra hyped for he expansion. The clan system is also the best thing ever - private chat full of people that are all awesome plus instant game-join for clan games with open slots? So good.

I'm taking it easy before the expansion because I still have quite a few games to play through, but man, next week is gonna be awesome.

Hyped.

Same here, actually. I will try to finish South Park: The Stick of Truth and play MGS V: GZ a bit before jumping into the expansion.

Grampasso

Im sticking to torment levels. Exp and paragons are the only things you can take with you to the expansion. All the gear will get replaced.

Though some bonus sets and unique skills in some legs remain awesome and viable through lv70. The kridershot one and the natalya set bonus are just example of this.

kafiend

Lé Blade Runner;105106916 said:
Same here, actually. I will try to finish South Park: The Stick of Truth and play MGS V: GZ a bit before jumping into the expansion.

I been playing HC and using Stick of Truth to de-stress.

Diablo needs more fart gags (hoho). Especially when you kill a lv 60, as I did yesterday to a bout of dumbassery. I might even have smiled if the last thing I heard was the Enchantress letting one rip.

Robin64

I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of next week booked off work, purely for Diablo III shenanigans. Five days of Diablo, baby!

Gonna get my Wizard through Act V and then hit 70.
Then take her through Adventure Mode stuff a whole bunch, really sink my teeth into that. BEST FEATURE.
Then make a Crusader. Hammers everywhere.

desverger

I guess that's my main problem with Loot 2.0. With no trading/AH, you really have no reliable way of getting a certain legendary outside of just grinding.

I rather see it as an opportunity. The legendary drop you just got might change your whole playstyle, and that is great.

Far, far more fun than mind numbingly grinding 500 million trillion gold and just flat out buying the legendary you want from the AH. And it's not like the AH prices were anything you could afford as a casual player.

I rather see it as an opportunity. The legendary drop you just got might change your whole playstyle, and that is great.

Far, far more fun than mind numbingly grinding 500 million trillion gold and just flat out buying the legendary you want from the AH. And it's not like the AH prices were anything you could afford as a casual player.

Yeah, I agree that's it's much better than the alternative of the AH but I still think that canceling all trade is kind of overkill.

Seil

Had quite a dry spell then had the majority of these drop within 1-2 hours. Was pretty happy, even if many of them are just providing skins for when RoS hits.

I had great doubts that I would ever get back into D3 after the launch experience. Happy to have been proven wrong.

V_Arnold

Yeah, I agree that's it's much better than the alternative of the AH but I still think that canceling all trade is kind of overkill.

Yup, true. I don't really see how they could "fix" trading though. But maybe Blizzard are smarter than me :p

Here is how Marvel Heroes did it:

- Majority of good items are account bound, however:
- They just introduced the Runeforged items (which are the socketed items) and added 30-40+ runes from which you can build runewords. And bam, you CAN trade runes.

Of course, it would be awesome if Blizz did something similar, but it is possible that the "we did not invent it" problem persists there still, in which case we will never see something like this implemented.

luckydan79

Neo Member
Here is how Marvel Heroes did it:

- Majority of good items are account bound, however:
- They just introduced the Runeforged items (which are the socketed items) and added 30-40+ runes from which you can build runewords. And bam, you CAN trade runes.

Of course, it would be awesome if Blizz did something similar, but it is possible that the "we did not invent it" problem persists there still, in which case we will never see something like this implemented.

Why didn't they just remove the real money auctions from the auction house, there is nothing wrong with trading items, in game gold for in game gold, sure some prices will be skewered but you've essentially earned the item by spending time farming it in game.

Carm

I'll probably use a 2H and transmog it into a flail. Those things look fucking gangsta

Is that even possible? They're not the same item type technically

Unless things change from when the beta shut down to live, you can't transmog other types of weapons into flails and I'd suspect, but didn't try, other class weapons. I didn't try 2h flails at all but the game wouldn't let me transmog any other type of 1h weapon into 1h flails while playing my crusader.

Vodh

Had quite a dry spell then had the majority of these drop within 1-2 hours. Was pretty happy, even if many of them are just providing skins for when RoS hits.

I had great doubts that I would ever get back into D3 after the launch experience. Happy to have been proven wrong.

HEY DID SOMEONE SAY LAZER PARTY?!

n4yMPAW.jpg

Give me ALL them transmog skins!

Man 2.0 has been a blast. I'm so damn ready for RoS, but 2.0 has been amazing both as a hype builder and something to kill time till RoS.

Seil

Transmog is limited to items of the same animation type, according to the post about the Mystic:

While all items with a visual appearance are eligible for Transmogrification, the item appearance you want to use has to have the same underlying animation set as the item you want to Transmogrify. (For example: You could replace the appearance of one two-handed sword with another two-handed sword, or a one-handed sword with a one-handed axe or one-handed mace.)

HEY DID SOMEONE SAY LAZER PARTY?!

n4yMPAW.jpg

Give me ALL them transmog skins!

Man 2.0 has been a blast. I'm so damn ready for RoS, but 2.0 has been amazing both as a hype builder and something to kill time till RoS.

MY EYES!

Mine were all from tonight =( I have a storage tab worth from the few days since I came back, though that's still not a ton x.x

Cynar

Why didn't they just remove the real money auctions from the auction house, there is nothing wrong with trading items, in game gold for in game gold, sure some prices will be skewered but you've essentially earned the item by spending time farming it in game.
Because it's a flawed system which has you playing the game to grind for the auction house. The game is finally good and where it should be mostly.

Will you be able to start a new character on Act 5 in RoS? I don't think I'd want to make a Crusader and start in Act 1 when there's a new act to play.

MrDaravon

That's awesome :)

Also relevant, Blizz just confirmed side quests for followers in RoS?

"... I did want to add on that each of the followers, including Kormac, have some character exploration in Reaper of Souls. Be sure to talk to each of them throughout Act V, as they might even have some tasks for you to complete. ;) ..."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...tween_crusaders_paladins_and_templars/cg6vt5e

I think that maybe we knew this but I had totally forgotten about it.

Will you be able to start a new character on Act 5 in RoS? I don't think I'd want to make a Crusader and start in Act 1 when there's a new act to play.

I don't think so.

Just a quick question on Transmorgification... do we need to keep the things we've looted if we want the skins or will it just remember what we've looted/equipped?

I thought we just had to equip things once to get the skin.

MrDaravon

Since 2.0 I probably have killed at LEAST 100 gobs, no a single legendary, and this has the been the case for practically everyone in the clan I've talked to. Dunno what's up with that.

Just a quick question on Transmorgification... do we need to keep the things we've looted if we want the skins or will it just remember what we've looted/equipped?

No, anything that has dropped as of 2.0 the game remembers. As far as I know you don't even have to actually equip it, just pick it up and have it in your inventory.

Seil

General Mystic Info

Also, Legendary items you identify since 2.0.1 are added to your list. So you don't need to keep them. This was confirmed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom