• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it worth it to get life on hit through paragon points? i can't seem to stay alive unless i pot all the time.

was doing some portal runs on T3 and i had to run out and wait for potions all the time.

LoH is a problematic investment for paragon points. The main issue is you just do not get a good return per point. With 50points in LoH, the return is less than 900 LoH, which is exceedingly low. This scales with level, so hopefully at 70 the return is a bit better. The larger issue however is the shift away from LS, it is a huge change and will take time to get used to. You are going to have to get used to stacking higher toughness/healing abilities along with using healing pots more often. The secondary issue with LoH is the proc rate. It is different per ability used and this is something they need to work on. The player has no idea how LoH is truly working. You would think if you have 2000 LoH, you would heal yourself for 2000 each time you landed a damaging ability. Unfortunately, this is not how LoH works.

Talon

guys if any you guys dun know if you can only do T1 just do master of lower.. lol I just lowered my diff to expert on my monk was doing T1 and dying... got 2 legs and 1 set in 10 min
5 legs so far today doing that run a few pages back at the beginning of the game
:O :O :O
T1 really wont matter until level 70 ROS unless for exp..
This literally pains me to read.

This literally pains me to read.

It is one of the glaring issues that need to be dealt with. Increasing Torment levels should greatly increase the drop rate and from everything I have seen this simply is not the case. There seems to be no difference at all between T1-T4 in terms of drop rate, I still see one drop every 45-60 minutes on average. Additionally, I truly despise the way it feels to have the overwhelming majority of my legendaries appear from corpses on the ground, breakable objects and white chests. I want to feel like there is a reason to chase down that damned goblin who is dragging me into an elite pack. I want to feel like there is a reason to kill elite and champion packs.

Dahbomb

Do Cursed Chests spawn randomly throughout the world?
Cursed Chests only spawn in certain areas and even then there's a chance of them spawning in that area. Same for Cursed Shrines.

I want to feel like there is a reason to chase down that damned goblin who is dragging me into an elite pack. I want to feel like there is a reason to kill elite and champion packs.
Those have a reasonable chance of dropping Legendaries too.

I would say half my Legendaries have been from Elites/bosses/goblins and half from chests/breakable objects/corpses.

I would say half my Legendaries have been from Elites/bosses/goblins and half from chests/breakable objects/corpses.

Then you have distinctly different luck than everything I have heard from the entirety of the NA GAF clan.

I have yet to see a leg from a goblin and the only time a leg drops from a boss is on reset or when leveling a new character.

On that note, just posted by a Blue concerning Resplendent chests (another underwhelming source of loot):

Good news about Resplendent chest! We're going to buff the treasure that they yield, so that they feel more resplendent. There's been a lot of feedback about this, and it's definitely something we've noticed while playing, too. I don't have a time frame to share on when we can expect this change to happen, though, but it's something we plan to address.

LowParry

Those have a reasonable chance of dropping Legendaries too.

This is like completely opposite for me. Most of my Legs come from random breaks, elites (of course) and chests. Goblins? Ha! Not a single Leg drop from a Gobby :(

Sciz

Blue said:
Good news about Resplendent chest! We're going to buff the treasure that they yield, so that they feel more resplendent. There's been a lot of feedback about this, and it's definitely something we've noticed while playing, too. I don't have a time frame to share on when we can expect this change to happen, though, but it's something we plan to address.
Source

Dahbomb

I have gotten like 3 Legendaries from Goblins.

I have gotten numerous Legendaries from bosses (the non guaranteed ones of course).

I do agree on Resplendent Chests, they feel no different from regular chests. But since you find more regular chests you get more Legendaries from regular chests than Resplendents.

Gila

LoH is a problematic investment for paragon points. The main issue is you just do not get a good return per point. With 50points in LoH, the return is less than 900 LoH, which is exceedingly low. This scales with level, so hopefully at 70 the return is a bit better. The larger issue however is the shift away from LS, it is a huge change and will take time to get used to. You are going to have to get used to stacking higher toughness/healing abilities along with using healing pots more often. The secondary issue with LoH is the proc rate. It is different per ability used and this is something they need to work on. The player has no idea how LoH is truly working. You would think if you have 2000 LoH, you would heal yourself for 2000 each time you landed a damaging ability. Unfortunately, this is not how LoH works.

What the fuck. Then how does it work? Why can't they just explain it in its actuality..

What's a proc rate too?

scy

The easy way to think of it is that they apply proc coefficients to the skills to try and simulate "Life on Hit" closer to "Life on Skill Use." Like, if a skill hits 10 times, it's not going to return 10 times your listed LoH stat. It'll return ~10% per hit.

It's not that straightforward but that's the underlying rationale behind the mechanic.

What the fuck. Then how does it work? Why can't they just explain it in its actuality..

What's a proc rate too?

Proc rate was a bad term. Basically you do not get 100% of the LoH per hit...

Proc Coefficient

Basically if the coefficient is 1 you will get 100% of your LoH. If it is .75 you get 75%, .33 33%, etc.

I have gotten like 3 Legendaries from Goblins.

I have gotten numerous Legendaries from bosses (the non guaranteed ones of course).

Very happy for you man, but this is abnormal from everything I have seen and read from other people.

manhack

bMjDuQ8.png

Gettin' real tired of the misspelling.

Holy S###...best post of the week

//ARCANUM

So I have a level 60 demon hunter who has completed the game in the good ol fashioned way that I know will be able to jump right into act v when ROS comes out but I am wondering if my level 60 wizard who I power leveled will be able to jump into it?

Currently my wizard only has act 1 complete but also has the last couple quests of act iv complete (including defeating diablo). Will my wizard be able to jump right into Act V?

Thanks!

mileS

So I have a level 60 demon hunter who has completed the game in the good ol fashioned way that I know will be able to jump right into act v when ROS comes out but I am wondering if my level 60 wizard who I power leveled will be able to jump into it?

Currently my wizard only has act 1 complete but also has the last couple quests of act iv complete (including defeating diablo). Will my wizard be able to jump right into Act V?

Thanks!

I would say probably not. Although I'm sure you could join a friends game on the first quest and have that unlocked for you, and go from there.

Omg. I just found a chest event on Tristram Road, in the Damp Cellar, that spawned an undead Farnham.

Haven't seen that before. Nice little throw back.
That's funny... I actually got that one earlier too. I was like... "Oh nice! First time I've seen this!" Sadly no good loot. :/

On that note... I've killed roughly 30 treasure goblins and I might have gotten one legendary off of them. Probably gotten mostly of my legendaries off rare/elite dudes.

more noob diablo 3 questions.

so i finally got some ok gear to do hard ok... is there any reason to go back to normal (unless area is too tough)? Not gonna miss anything right?

any reason not to use templar as npc?

more noob diablo 3 questions.

so i finally got some ok gear to do hard ok... is there any reason to go back to normal (unless area is too tough)? Not gonna miss anything right?

any reason not to use templar as npc?

You go up in difficulty for the bonus XP, and that's it. If you'd rather farm, or just have fun, no reason not to run on Normal - difficulty does not influence droprates.

Templar is a great companion, but you ideally want to pick one that compliments your build or does things you need, like crowd control or support.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I really need this in my blood

next week

zero work

zero sleep

100% hammers

ZenaxPure

Man, just found out I have a doctor appointment on launch day, FML. Wouldn't be a big deal but it's about 100 miles away, so pretty long drive there and back. Should have been set up a day earlier :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Havent even preordered yet :lol

I'm back in as of last week, wondering what all this clan craziness is about, looking to join one, possibly an AusGaf clan or something. playing on US servers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Yoshichan

Aight I will! When I get home!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm back in as of last week, wondering what all this clan craziness is about, looking to join one, possibly an AusGaf clan or something. playing on US servers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
It's full and everyone is too lazy to make a second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom